Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:04:38 PM

For two years it's seen a serious pump spike at the end of January-mid February, whether or not it's actually Wolong. Looking at the all time charts, let's hope we work our way over .02 and stay over .015 this time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 10:07:57 PM

hey guys.

re crypto.cat:  there's nothing wrong with cryptocat. Its open source, so you can fork it and make cryptodog if you want, but crypto.cat is highly regarded still. I'm on it now, channel Unobtanium.

I'm not adverse to using the IRC channel, except I hate how it blabs IP addresses everywhere. No privacy on IRC. But I'm on IRC right now, too.  http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#unobtanium

Yeah, its time for the price of uno to start rising, imo. If someone posted a 10 btc buy order at 0045, I wonder how long it would take to fill.  
But then, I'd be worried about buying in higher, thinking the 0045 guy is gonna dump on me at 006.   Oh well, thats what sucks about free markets.
I'll just keep soaking up a few every day and eventually before I die, it should start to rise.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:50:09 PM

hey guys.

re crypto.cat:  there's nothing wrong with cryptocat. Its open source, so you can fork it and make cryptodog if you want, but crypto.cat is highly regarded still. I'm on it now, channel Unobtanium.

I'm not adverse to using the IRC channel, except I hate how it blabs IP addresses everywhere. No privacy on IRC. But I'm on IRC right now, too.  http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#unobtanium

https://github.com/cryptocat/cryptocat/issues/16  Relying on browser-based js cryptography is bad.

If you join the #freenode channel they will happily give you a cloak to keep from blabbing your ip, or there a many znc providers that do just that.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
RDDRocket

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:07:58 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 11:29:13 PM by RDDRocket

That's basically what I advised him to do. Get a cloak, and use a VPN if you need to, or SASL/TLS, etc.

Yeah, I know browser-based is not a good solution, but that's what cryptocat already is currently. I've spoken with the developer of Cryptodog and he's working on a new solution. We shall see.

Also, the developer of Cryptocat, sneak, explains it in that article you've linked. It's just about as safe as trusting Tor, really.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:13:59 AM

I'll just keep soaking up a few every day and eventually before I die, it should start to rise.

I got a good laugh from that  Cheesy

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:24:41 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 05:15:25 PM by BitcoinNational

I don't like complicated plans. I am a simple man.

Step 1.  Don't die.
Step 2.  Thrive

okay. i've slept on it. even had some whiskey and thought upon it.
i agree.  the next 90-180 days is just trying to find a balance between price and volume.
basic trade instrument stuff.  watch the charts.  discuss prices.  hit the bid/ask books.
(why? all about market capital and we are in the neighborhood of Zeta, FTC, iX, digitalnote, vnl, rdd ... that aint too shaggy considering all of them were +$1M coins ... just maintain capital and then surge once we've got some added value boosters Wink )

MAIN MISSION is drain cryptsy. (as always)

optional mission: if you like NOTE, RDD, POT, CBX, DMD, GMC, CLAM, BLK, GLD, SXC, CANN, LTC, DOGE, DOT, FTC, POP, or dozens of others look at trading on cryptopia in non-btc pairs, preferable find a coin you like and establish a healthy UNO based market Grin

also don't forget uno/ltc doge/uno on bleu.

OLD plans to come back to say Early Spring 2016

1. another exchange listing(s) 1 china exchange, and maybe polo, and whatever else seems a clear good choice.  For now we need to knock on yobits door, but I am not impressed with their inability to compile a known good code, that at least 10+ other professional crypto platforms have set up without issue.  Also might be best to just step back from the exchanges and wait for them to clean up and shape up.  There is not a single prefect exchange at the moment.  All of them have some issues they need to deal with.  And new players may enter the picture.

2.  Formal market plans.  New Websites.  Improve the old websites.  And ad campaigns/adverts.

3.  Crypto 2.0 applications and Multi Sig apps.

4.  Formal Divisions of Labor, more 'official' team members.

5.  UNO Mall, Mark has mentioned this often, but there might be simple a way to make it happen.

This is not to say you can't do something on your own.  I've got projects I am continuing to focus on by myself but are not worth ramping up into 'group projects' until post holidays.  

BIG GOALS by end of 2016
a) trade options on NXT, ETH, BTS ... 2.0 etc.
b) more Devs/Talent joining the ranks
c) core-tain-ium ... solid reserves 'buyers of last resort team' backing UNO
d) formal roadmap/brand (year 2020 plan)
e) solid liquidity via shapeshift like services
f) SHA-256 miner pool expansion

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:00:44 PM

Does anyone else miss the trusted traders exchange, Un-Ex?

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:33:38 PM

Chris Sokolowski, the manager of Prohashing.com messaged me with the good news that Prohashing now is offering Unobtanium payouts for your scrypt mining hash.

If you have scrypt hash, this is a great way to "mine" for Uno. If you already use Prohashing, be sure to add UNO to your payouts.

Nostr:
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:41:44 PM

wow, great news on the new pools.  One of the best things about these, is that if enough people are choosing to be paid in Un for their mining efforts, it adds a nice level of consistent buy support on the markets.  If you are an Unobtanium enthusiast who is currently mining, I'd reckon this is one of the best things you could do for the ecosystem.

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 06:55:00 PM

wow, great news on the new pools.  One of the best things about these, is that if enough people are choosing to be paid in Un for their mining efforts, it adds a nice level of consistent buy support on the markets.  If you are an Unobtanium enthusiast who is currently mining, I'd reckon this is one of the best things you could do for the ecosystem.
Exactly. You don't need a lot of sha256 hash.
Prohashing takes scrypt.

Zpool.ca takes sha256, scrypt, lyra2, and x11.

Nostr:
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:48:29 PM

when the original cryptsy mega wallet appeared ( uRAN4dj3yG8n93obakUHT8siVQap47bHrN ) it had 56,650 kg/Un...almost 30% of all available Unobtanium.  Today it is down to 27,402, which is under 14% of total supply.  Thats almost 30 THOUSAND pulled from that exchange.  Its taken a while, but I'd say we're doing a pretty damn good job.  Lets keep it going and hopefully by this time next year there will be less than 10k held on cryptsy

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:26:30 AM

Excellent post B.N.! Those are great goals for 2016, keep that list handy for planning the initiatives in the coming months.

Two new pools! Good news.

Thanks for the info Superdog, I followed it back about 7 months but didn't realize how large it was at the beginning.

We had more transaction volume than the total number of coins today. This is because there were 10 withdrawals from Cryptsy. Based on that, some exchange chat and reddit posts, the word is spreading among people having issues withdrawing bitcoin from Cryptsy that Unobtanium is useful for withdrawing. So some of those Cryptsy coins may be moving to Bittrex, not just personal wallets, but we'll keep an eye on it and I'm going to mop up a few from Bittrex in a minute. 

Halving in 13 days.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:35:41 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 04:46:39 AM by natmccoy

wow, great news on the new pools.  One of the best things about these, is that if enough people are choosing to be paid in Un for their mining efforts, it adds a nice level of consistent buy support on the markets.  If you are an Unobtanium enthusiast who is currently mining, I'd reckon this is one of the best things you could do for the ecosystem.

I didn't even know there were mining pools that worked that way. Do the miners choose what coin to direct their hash toward then the pool sells that coin, buys UNO then sends UNO to the miner? Like an automatic 'shapeshift' service for miners.

Or does the pool choose what coin to point hash toward?

Will prohashing be pointing any hash toward UNO through merged mining?

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:32:09 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 08:00:43 AM by BitcoinNational

I'd let prohashing speak themselves on the details.  But my guess is auto-sell the coin you mined and auto-buy the coin you want to be paid in (UNO).  Multipools require no research, just point your rig to one pool and they try to maximize HASH for CASH ... so fully automated stuff.  That's one approach to mining.

The other way is find a coin you like, mine it, or find a coin you think is headed for a pump and mine some coins to sell once your target price hits.  So requires knowledge of the market and making good calls.  With uno as a base pair you can mine lots of different coins and trade them direct for UNO.  [DOT, FTC, world, mega, anon, gmc would be good place to do your own version mining to buy UNO]

===
The Tale of 3 coins

i like the coin-ci-dense in todays market cap rankings

ZET was King of the Hill in alt 256 for a day or 2 back when ($15M).  Good idea, rapid mine the coin then it reaches sustain ERA quickly.  Except the launch was un-fair-ish.  Then whales could push the market, and ZETA ended up in a long bubble.  UNO got wolonged which was more less the same game plan except when you deal with a fair launch it's very hard to corner such coins, so mystery man Woo bought tons on UNO while it was still mine-able in sizeable chucks and the bubble was quick to pop.    

Segway is Doge.  Woo made a few buckets of BTC on the Doge coin hyper market and immediately used those funds to attempt a cornering of UNO.

Well TIPS only exists because of Doge.  It was part of the lets mine Billions of coins and get rich quick!  There was even a built in miner in the wallet "as if you could mine on your PC ... L0L".

Both TIPS and ZETA made a big market cap/vol splash and both are sustain era POW coins but still have one big issue ... they can't go to the moon until they hard fork something that protects them from an ASIC 51% attack.  Also most of their community and devs abandoned ship post bubble.  So they are a kind of ghost ship.  But established as top traded coins.

So of these 3.  UNO was a fair launch.  Dev work and community continue.  UNO responded to the 51% attack issue and achieved high hash as it entered the sustain mining eras.  ZETA and TIPS are still 'falling' down looking for the bottomline.  As UNO has discovered it takes a good long while to establish what is the bottom, but I think we've tested and retested and for fun even dropped 3 Tons on it just to see if it break. So far nope.  I have never seen under $1 and i am of solid faith that I never will see under $1/kg.  And it may take a few years more but that peak of $18/kg is an easy goal to achieve.  But no rush to the big bucks, and UNO will prove its value all the way up, by constantly hitting the support levels with a 10lbs. hammer.

TLDR; the market still under values UNO a great deal Wink      

===
now for something different
Chemical Party https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBCmt_pJTRA
(sadly UN was not invited)

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 03:27:43 PM

wow, great news on the new pools.  One of the best things about these, is that if enough people are choosing to be paid in Un for their mining efforts, it adds a nice level of consistent buy support on the markets.  If you are an Unobtanium enthusiast who is currently mining, I'd reckon this is one of the best things you could do for the ecosystem.

I didn't even know there were mining pools that worked that way. Do the miners choose what coin to direct their hash toward then the pool sells that coin, buys UNO then sends UNO to the miner? Like an automatic 'shapeshift' service for miners.

Or does the pool choose what coin to point hash toward?

Will prohashing be pointing any hash toward UNO through merged mining?
+1 what BN said.

Multipools generally pick the coins you mine.
Your hash will not benefit Uno (if you want to do that, mine with Sha256 hash at xpool.ca or mmpool.org).

So... merge mining Uno earns you Bitcoin/Namecoin/Uno/devcoin/etcCoin, Benefits Uno twice if you hodl: you help secure the rockchain and keep new Uno dust off the market.
multipool mining benefits Uno by taking your non-sha256 hash (you couldn't mine Uno with it anyway, even if you wanted to), and converting your rewards from mining other coins into Uno, helping to keep uno off the market and putting upward pressure on the price.

Nostr:
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:30:03 PM

No.

You should be able to hate me and still trade with me.

Off market dealing distorts the true economic value of the coin.  If I think it is a piece of shit, the knowledge of my disgust needs to be reflected in the market price.  Contrarily, if I have insider information that Fidelity or Magellen has decided to corner the market in UNO and tag index based mutual fund shares to each coin and benefit from the strong hash and distribution, my joy should be reflected in the free open market price.

Insider dealing distorts market prices. If I know something you do not know, I can dump overpriced assets on your stupid self, get away clean, leaving you and only you holding a big bag of shit, and the general market will never know what I know.  Then they are holding big bags of shit because the news, never being reflected in the free open market price, never got delivered.  So the public price is now wrong.

Free public market pricing mechanisms is an information distribution machine.  Insider trading venues hide market knowledge.

When insider dealing markets exist, corruption flourishes.

FK, you and any other idiots calling for insider trading to shield the public from good or bad news is hereby banished to Economics 101 kindergarten.

I hear if this again, I dump again.

Stop it. Free fucking public markets.  Stop trying to encourage insider corruption and the distortion of information transmission through the public pricing mechanism.

If there is a UNO market I can't trade in because one faggot is butt hurt about something I wrote, the market price means nothing to anyone ever.  It will always be a fake price, because it does not contain every shred of buy/sell intelligence.

Seriously.  Get a goddamned book on freshman economics and never, ever mention insider trading again aprapos this market.  Nothing is slimier or more corrupt.  Just stop it.  Get an economics ELI5 guide.  The importance of market transparency is on the first page.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:18:46 PM

@Gekko

If I PM'd you an offer for 100Kg in exchange for 175 Nubits, and you accepted ...

Are you then an evil insider trader?

Point is there is no "Public" market in crypto.

And you can not nor could not stop "Private" deals in the crypto-verse.

Everyone is at liberty to trade with whom they please and what ever price they please.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
RDDRocket

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:35:04 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 04:51:09 PM by RDDRocket

No.

You should be able to hate me and still trade with me.

Off market dealing distorts the true economic value of the coin.  If I think it is a piece of shit, the knowledge of my disgust needs to be reflected in the market price.  Contrarily, if I have insider information that Fidelity or Magellen has decided to corner the market in UNO and tag index based mutual fund shares to each coin and benefit from the strong hash and distribution, my joy should be reflected in the free open market price.

Insider dealing distorts market prices. If I know something you do not know, I can dump overpriced assets on your stupid self, get away clean, leaving you and only you holding a big bag of shit, and the general market will never know what I know.  Then they are holding big bags of shit because the news, never being reflected in the free open market price, never got delivered.  So the public price is now wrong.

Free public market pricing mechanisms is an information distribution machine.  Insider trading venues hide market knowledge.

When insider dealing markets exist, corruption flourishes.

FK, you and any other idiots calling for insider trading to shield the public from good or bad news is hereby banished to Economics 101 kindergarten.

I hear if this again, I dump again.

Stop it. Free fucking public markets.  Stop trying to encourage insider corruption and the distortion of information transmission through the public pricing mechanism.

If there is a UNO market I can't trade in because one faggot is butt hurt about something I wrote, the market price means nothing to anyone ever.  It will always be a fake price, because it does not contain every shred of buy/sell intelligence.

Seriously.  Get a goddamned book on freshman economics and never, ever mention insider trading again aprapos this market.  Nothing is slimier or more corrupt.  Just stop it.  Get an economics ELI5 guide.  The importance of market transparency is on the first page.

Likewise, we do not have to approve of your shitty economics. Likewise, you can go ahead and "dump your bag of shit" whenever you want. You hold a couple thousand coins, a few people supporting UNO together holding 10x what you have, and your dumping is not to be feared at all. Anyone can trade p2p all they want off exchanges, it's what the coins are truly designed to do.
You don't control this coin. Furthermore, you really should stop thinking that this

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?49492.htm

makes you some kind power to be feared. You aren't throwing all the weight here.

See, you like to speak about fake price this, transparency that, but it's all spin. We know what kind of supply you hold, what price ranges you bought at, so please do go ahead and DUMP IT ALL. Just do it. And get the fuck out. You dump, YOU LOSE MONEY. We will gladly buy UNO for $1-$1.30 if your stupid ass will dump it that low for a good loss. Go ahead boss, make our month.

And Gekko, just to be perfectly clear, as I know you are dense as granite, you can go ahead and DUMP ALL of your 2,772.66893301 UNO, lose money, and you will only make us happier for your loss. At this point, if you dump this coin, you lose your position. DO IT.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:03:43 PM

Lets try to keep it friendly, guys. We can have the discussion without resorting to name calling.

A lot of bitcoin trades take place off the books on secondmarket.com and probably at every major exchange.  And the US Marshall's don't hesitate sell their Bitcoins off market or at least to a select market.

I think Gekko's just saying he wants to be reasonably sure that the public markets reflect the true price. I get it.

I do appreciate hearing what you all think, though. I prefer not to be called an idiot (despite evidence to the contrary), but hey, I'm a big boy. I can suck it up.

Nostr:
RDDRocket

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:09:08 PM

A lot of trading of all the coins takes place privately, especially Bitcoin.
When we trade and sell things for UNO, does he really think that screws up the "public price," whatever that even means?

These are to be used as either commodities OR currency/money. I can buy whatever I want from someone privately for a few hundred UNO, or 50 UNO, or whatever. Bitcoin does millions of dollars of volume in private transactions. Maybe learn what free market means, I'd suggest.

I can keep it civil, but he ONLY comes here to try to tell people what to do with their own holdings and to trash talk.

He needs to know he really only holds a drop in the bucket and he isn't some trading God. Free market, you know.
Pages: « 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: