Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:03:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:21:28 PM

Yep, fun to mock me out.  Fun to explain to me how I have to pop open the hood to make your shitty car run and fun to mock me because I feel entitled to a car where you just turn the key and drive off.  Big fun.

UNO is broken. That's why it is down.  Nobody buys a broken coin.  Mac users don't pop the hood any more often than Bently owners do.

Pull your heads out.

You are mocked due to your fun-loving attitude and interpersonal communication skills.

Since UNO is broken, do what any unsatisfied consumer would do: Return it to the store, take your refund and get the hell on down the road to your next adventure!

Cheers!

Also: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque  Roll Eyes

Clearly, you are firmly committed to keeping your heads firmly lodged in your asses, continuing to make this about me, instead of the faulty product you would like new people to purchase.

I very politely brought this up months ago, and was presented with a roll of duct tape and told to jerry-rig the solution on my own, fixing the product itself be damned.

At that point, I understood the essential fault in UNO:  it is based on hope, a prayer, and lots of duct tape.  No leadership.  No stewardship or concern for quality.  You rely on "rare and fair" and overlook the FACT that the project has no technical stewardship, and seriously lacks a rudder.

Ad Hominem attacks instead of action.  It is being sold, by many more than me, because it's broke, and no repairs are even being considered.

The coin works just fine for every single one of us users. You sir, are just a blathering idiot, who continues on talking nonsense. That's why you're funny. Like was said, sell your UNO, and get on with your life. You are just up to smear tactics for some reason or other.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 05:23:10 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 05:56:28 PM by FallingKnife

No crypto, is immune from short term manipulation.  LTC, DOGE, BTC, UNO... We should all be used to this by now. If you fall for it then it's your own fault.  It's such a classic and predictable pattern that it has become incredibly boring to me.  Yes, crypto goes up. Yes crypto goes down.  Money flows in and out, up and down, all around.

In truth, there is VERY little Uno being sold right now. I'll start to worrry when there is 20 tons between the highest buy and .01.  For the most part nobody is selling today, except some mysterious dumper who is the reason for the wide spread; he keeps dumping deep on the buy orders. Why should we close the spread when a dumper will sell it to us cheap?  When the dumping stops the price will have to rise again. We saw this in 2014 when the stolen Coinex coins were being dumped on the market for months (at least Erundork had the intelligence to dribble it out slowly).

Look... you can buy into the FUD and cash out at a loss if you want.  But don't do it because the Mac wallet isn't working for one guy. Find a better reason to justify your behavior. Uno has never been stronger, technically.  It all seems to stem from one loud person who can't follow basic instructions from a helpful community trying solve their specific problem in a friendly manner.

When the buyers step in it will be on their terms, at a price that they determine, when they are ready. I personally won't act because some fudster said I had to buy his Uno at his price. For the moment, I have been rewarded for patiently waiting for dumps. That strategy is working now, so why should I chase sell price?

Maybe we all decide to let it fall to .0001 for a while. Or .00001.  Whatever. Sell all your Uno cheap and then in a few weeks, come back and calculate how much money you lost. Fine with me. I don't control you. For me, this isn't about the price of Uno today or next week. If you want to hop in and out all day long, then you need to be trading bitcoin, not Uno.

I think Uno is worth .03, but I won't quibble if you want to sell it to me for .0001.  Depending on how I see you acting, I may just wait you out.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:29:46 PM

So what method of peer discovery does UNO use? Is there a better method out there? If so, we need to utilize that method for Unobtanium. Problem solved.

UNO uses the same method as BTC: https://github.com/unobtanium-official/Unobtanium/blob/master/src/net.cpp  Line 1069 or so starts the magic.

irc peer discovery was removed in bitcoin here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/c2efd981aa14e94cce4a0a888b6ee1f4e4347924 so UNO clients don't use this outdated method of discovery anymore, which can cause more problems than it solves. If you were around BTC in the early days, clients would often get k-lined for connect/disconnect issues.

A properly set up .conf file is by far the best approach and can increase your security by directing your client to only connect to trusted peers.
@siameze For the minority of people having this .conf issue, is there anyway to create an .exe install file that contains only the .conf file; for placing it where it needs to be?

Anything is "possible" but automatically creating the file and placing it in the proper directory goes against good security practices, since you need to specify a unique password in the rpc field so you don't get your coins stolen using generic responses. (Ask the Ethereum users that found this out the hard way last week.) Some things just aren't meant to be "engineered in".

I have helped so many users do this on a variety of coin platforms. It honestly takes 2-5 minutes to learn and is something you likely won't forget in the future. I mean, most bitcoin users certainly know where their wallet.dat is stored so they can make backups right? S.O.P. is to make a backup every 100 tx's and if you know where that file is, then one should be able to pull up or paste a .conf file in the exact same folder. Knowing this is just part of knowing how bitcoin works.

EDIT: Also bear in mind, you don't have to use the location specified by your client, you can make any directory you please your data directory by adding flags:

Code:
 -datadir=/path/to/directory -conf=/path/to/.conf

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 05:46:22 PM

@siameze As always, thanks for the detailed information. I had no idea about the security issue.  Seems to me that the .conf issue is a non-issue then if it's that easy. The community has proved that it is certainly more than willing to assist any newcomer with issue resolution.

@FK Excellent analysis! Keep backing the truck up to collect the dumps!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:56:14 PM

@siameze As always, thanks for the detailed information. I had no idea about the security issue.  Seems to me that the .conf issue is a non-issue then if it's that easy. The community has proved that it is certainly more than willing to assist any newcomer with issue resolution.

I am always happy to help anyone understand it all better, and members of the UNO community can contact me for support anytime and I am glad to assist free of charge.

Sure DNS is shitty for peer discovery but we cannot change the architecture of the internet at a snap of our fingers. As it stands, taking the few minutes needed to make a proper .conf file is just how it works for now. This isn't limited to UNO, but applies to all clone coins.

You can argue if you like that other clients just connect, and that may be true but a great majority are still using that shaky irc peer discovery method we mentioned a few posts back. It pleased me greatly to see that excised from UNO core so I no longer had to do it manually before building.

EDIT: @FK I missed your reply while formulating my own. Agreed, excellent analysis.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:20:10 PM

Thank you everyone. I have a good understanding of the situation now.

In my eyes this is one of the clearest and juiciest opportunities in crypto at the moment. Onward to the future!

RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:58:50 PM

Excellent responses, and yes, as Siameze just said, if you are already backing up your wallet as you have to do with each and every coin.... what is the issue with editing the .conf file? It takes only a minute. I'd assume if one cannot find where to place a new config file, they also have never even backed up their wallet. That's a scary thought.  Huh
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:14:29 PM

Excellent responses, and yes, as Siameze just said, if you are already backing up your wallet as you have to do with each and every coin.... what is the issue with editing the .conf file? It takes only a minute. I'd assume if one cannot find where to place a new config file, they also have never even backed up their wallet. That's a scary thought.  Huh

I handily demonstrated the importance of this to one of my friends last year by taking all his BTC from his wallet while I was on vacation in Florida. (Yes of course they were returned Wink ) To this day, he makes regular backups and never uses the default .conf file any longer.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:20:26 PM

you don't need to to find that folder to back up your wallet.  under the "File" menu of the app there is an option for "Backup Wallet" that just makes a copy of the wallet.dat to wherever you point it to save.

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:42:30 PM

you don't need to to find that folder to back up your wallet.  under the "File" menu of the app there is an option for "Backup Wallet" that just makes a copy of the wallet.dat to wherever you point it to save.

Yes, I know that exists but I can't remember the last time I used QT. You can also do it in CLI in a similar way. It's a good idea to know the location of this folder anyway so if bigger problems present themselves one can know where to find things, such as debug.log that help pin down problems a bit quicker.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:39:06 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2015, 02:00:37 AM by natmccoy

What's the best way to send funds from a website/desktop client to the android app? It seems to require either an image scan or bluetooth...

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:54:03 PM

What an interesting evening I missed!

Project Point Oh One/Our Forthcoming Birthday -- 5 weeks away

Watch this space. I ask that everyone who possibly can accepts some small task, and completes it with energy.

Mark
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 02:30:34 AM

A properly set up .conf file is by far the best approach and can increase your security by directing your client to only connect to trusted peers.

Curious. Are you stating that you should be explicit about what nodes to connect to? The only two instances I can think of off the top of my head where you could have problems is if:

1) Every peer you're connected to is on a forked chain.

2) Every peer you're connected to will not relay transactions.

Each of these would seem unlikely, so am I missing something?

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 09:13:06 AM

Curious. Are you stating that you should be explicit about what nodes to connect to? The only two instances I can think of off the top of my head where you could have problems is if:

1) Every peer you're connected to is on a forked chain.

2) Every peer you're connected to will not relay transactions.

Each of these would seem unlikely, so am I missing something?

Missing nothing. No need to be explicit (i.e connect instead of addnode) unless that is your preference. The security of it all comes from not having a generic rpc pass.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:48:34 AM

Project Point Oh One

Here is a blurb. Any ideas on improving it?

"Unobtanium: rare, fair, established.

# truly rare crypto whose primary mining-schedule is almost complete.
# small, talented community committed to newcomer tech-support.
# coin’s creator still active in community
# android wallet
# merged-mining with Bitcoin"

And could you . . .

undertake some promotion?

set a friend up with a wallet?

approach a local merchant to accept Uno?

?

?
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:55:01 AM

"# truly rare crypto whose primary mining-schedule is almost complete." - That is not informative enough. "79% has been fairly mined over 2-years, final 21% to be mined until the year 2,300."

"# small, talented community committed to newcomer tech-support." - It's hard to tell how "small" this community is, unless you guys know something about distribution that I still don't. Though I'm sure you're referring to forum community, it may be misleading. Though the other things are true. "Talented, committed community. Open to new tech-support new-tech support." (much better with the hyphen that way  Wink)

Creator still active is good.

"Android, Linux, Mac, & Windows clients"

"Merged-Mined with bitcoin" is good, but also could be more informative. Nobody corrected me, so I guess I'm right that we have the second-strongest blockchain? If so that fact must be included.

I don't know where you're planning to advertise this stuff, but if you can get many of the right eyeballs to it that would be great. I don't know if that would require paying a little, perhaps. Maybe having the community fund paid-ads would be good. There are thousands of message boards; libertarian, programming, GFC-topics, conspiracy etc. with advertisements. For some reason I imagine the kind of people who listen to coast-to-coast and browse random corners of the internet being really into UNO  Cheesy
-------------------------------------------------------------

I may do a reddit promotion for people to guess the price over like 1-month, 6-months, 1-year. Then give away a total of like 20 UNO to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners. Could match community donations or something. Just an idea, I may decide that it's not worth my precious UNO.

I was going to set up my friend with having like 10% of his savings in bitcoin, I may portion 2 or 3% to UNO for him.

"local merchant" adoption is pointless unless the merchant is informed & content knowing that there will only be 1 person (the requester) purchasing from them using UNO for the foreseeable future. Bitcoin market-cap is 10,000-times larger than Unobtanium's and most small merchants report having almost zero bitcoin sales. Even if you took 1/10,000th of the volume that Dell, Expedia & Overstock do with bitcoin it would probably be negligible. Merchant adoption will be difficult, Unobtanium's strength will lie in reliability, security, & value-growth. But if anyone has merchant efforts to focus, online is the way to go, not local.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:26:55 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 07:39:47 AM by BitcoinNational

fun facts

Prototanium 3.48 TH/s
Litecoin       1.23 TH/s

yes that's right our test net pulls thrice as much hash as litcoin.Net (+$140M network)
even the unknown LEA coin is out hashing LTC & Doge

--------
--------
--------

new message to the world
UNO is the bitcoin network side chain you've all been waiting for!
(so enough talking about btc sc >> uno is already a SC functioning in real world for 2 years)

=================
ps
anyone know of a handy vote platform
i am thinking reddit/voat
but they are both a pain to add items (1x1 +captcha)

reason: want to list all our "why UNO" facts and points ... vote up the best lines ... but we can also cateloge'm this way ... there will be 100s of ways to say in a line "why you should UNO" ... and lets not forget translations too ... comprende?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:31:22 AM

fun facts

Prototanium 3.48 TH/s
Litecoin       1.23 TH/s

yes that's right our test net pulls thrice as much hash as litcoin.Net (+$140M network)
even the unknown LEA coin is out hashing LTC & Doge

--------
--------
--------

new message to the world
UNO is the bitcoin network side chain you've all been waiting for!
(so enough talking about btc sc >> uno is already a SC functioning in real world for 2 years)

This needs to be repeated, then shouted from the rooftops. Why is nobody outside of this community talking about what you just said? It isn't even mentioned enough in this community. How is the 2nd-strongest blockchain ranked 63rd on coinmarketcap?

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 07:54:39 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 08:08:06 AM by IMZ

Hey, Nat!

“I don't know where you're planning to advertise this stuff . . . “

Anyone can use it anywhere.  “ . . . libertarian, programming, GFC-topics, conspiracy . . . “  Yeh. I think these are just the people we should be targeting. I will chip in a few Uno for any costs incurred.

Gotta keep this one short. (I’m happy to write a longer one. This one’s a blurb – by definition, brief.)

“ "local merchant" adoption is pointless unless the merchant is informed . . . “

Agreed! IndiaMikeZulu has long been advocating ‘mentoring,’ whereby a complete network of support is provided to the merchant. (Ask me what ‘pre-purchase’ is!)

And I've been buying beer and veggies from a local merchant since just a month after I joined this community. She now happily owns over 300 Uno.

As libertarians, Nat, although we dig online marketing, we tend to local/P2P development. Certainly as a community, mentoring can teach us what difficulties newcomers encounter.

Okay, next round of editing, go!

“Unobtanium: rare, fair, established. Second-strongest of all crypto block-chains.

# Truly rare crypto whose primary mining-schedule is almost complete. (79% already fairly mined; 21% remainder over several centuries.)

# Talented community committed to newcomer tech-support and general technical development.

# Coin’s creator still active in community.

# Android, Linus, Mac, and Windows wallets.

# Merged-mining with Bitcoin."
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:02:59 AM

"general technical development" makes it sound like we don't have the basics covered.

Simply "Merged-mining with bitcoin" just doesn't bring the point of how strong the network is IMO. Only a miner who actively looks into the hashrate will get it.

I could be wrong though of course, just my thoughts.

Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: