Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 07:02:19 AM

before you create a 'brain wallet' for any coin I strongly suggest you research why brain wallets are no longer available for btc

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:57:23 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 12:56:41 PM by BitcoinNational

@cinnamon

http://blaketrader.com/ this is an interesting type of exchange

I believe it is also the right direction for smart coin communities to develop their own exchange platform.
And to use the shapeshift 'retail' model ... you send in coin_A and the server returns coin_B

(warning non-techie opinion)
I also think there will be a few solid github projects, that create secure yet simple trade/escrow/exchange programs.
So anyone with the ability rent a server and upload the program is basically an exchange house.  

Next step is some kind of monitoring and ranking, followed by API data dashboards ... and badda bing!  You've got decentralized (none complex) exchange networks.    

Then go 21st Century with the ETH/EXP smart contracts ... and the same 'verified' honest exchange nodes become 'trustworthy' escrow agents for lumps of coins that need to be in a locked box until an 'trustworthy' oracle posts 'official' outcomes, top it off with multi-sigs required from multi-escrow agents.  Mind you all this is not-a-human operated, all logic gates and open source code.

example
I have 1.3kg uno and want 6.25 dash in exchange.  (so I go to the unocoins exchange)
I tell the server "here's my order" and if you can not fill in 60min return to this "UNOaddressDFSJdifj8fkdal9"
Now the unocoins exchange pings the major exchanges, the minor exchanges, retail exchanges, the BLAKEtrader, the NXTexchange, Dashcurex, digitalNOTE_ex, POT_ex, RDD_ex, PPC_ex, NOVA_ex, monero_ex, etc ... and discovers via an 11-way trade way too complex to explain ... that yes it can fill this order.

And it does it for free (because the core community sponsors the operation) or ELSE it does it for a small 'optional' tip much like the mining networks.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:12:11 AM

"a reminder not to use cryptocurrency exchanges as your personal coin vault."

"People should have learned by now that cryptocurrency exchanges are not a place to store your digital assets."

Those quotes apply to Bittrex as well, but they're from a recent article about the Cryptsy situation. There was actually some stuff in there that was new to me, such as a user mistakenly withdrawing 60 bitcoin that he didn't have 2 years ago & a business who used to deal with Cryptsy stating that they stopped due to their interactions being "a disaster" the last few months.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115981/is-cryptsy-the-next-mtgox

I know it has been said a hundred times by now & I'm preaching to the choir, but surely some people who read this thread still store all of their UNO on an exchange, so: Unobtanium is a long-term investment, treat it that way by storing them yourself, not in exchanges.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:50:11 AM

before you create a 'brain wallet' for any coin I strongly suggest you research why brain wallets are no longer available for btc

Great point. It should be long and random. Save the phrase in an encrypted USB drive or on a piece of paper that is hidden very well, then memorize it in case you lose the paper.

blanketviolingrasspaintcoppersilencesoultentalgebramacaronistuffedwalrus, could be memorized with a little effort and would likely be safe for the next century (unless quantum computers become powerful and common). You can make it longer, use more obscure words, or add numbers to make it even more difficult, just be sure you never lose your backup, allow it to be compromised, or forget it.

A few months ago I left a small amount of UNO in brain wallets with very simple phrases, like UNOwallet1, supernova, etc. This was to check if anyone had a computer scanning and automatically extracting coins within simple brain addresses, none of them were taken after a few weeks (that reminds me, I still have some test addresses that I should check.) So the quote from your favorite Taylor Swift song or "MikesUNObrainwallet2016" would actually probably be safe for the next few years since nobody is scanning, but if UNO becomes much more valuable somebody would direct a computer toward the task and your coins would disappear eventually. If you make a bitcoin brain wallet "p4ssw0rd" or "correcthorsebatterystaple" it will literally be stolen in seconds. If you use a quote from The Great Gatsby or a popular song it will be gone in hours or weeks.

Using Tails to open the brain wallet page at Cryptap.us avoids any issues with keyloggers if your primary OS is infected. Disconnecting from the internet after opening the page avoids risk of the Tor exit node somehow seeing what you're doing (I'm not sure how likely that is but it's a good precaution)

http://xkcd.com/936/

In short:
Nobody is scanning for UNO brain wallets at the moment, but they might in the future. So make it long & random, write it down, memorize it, then hide the paper. If you're storing a large amount, open the page at cryptap.us using Tails then disconnect from the internet before typing your passphrase.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 12:57:38 PM

Good to see Cinnamon Carter here. Welcome.
Good analysis of Bittrex, Nat.

Point well take on the brain wallets. Not everyone's brain is to be trusted, especially mine.

There are many wallet options for Uno.  Running a node would be best for Uno, but if that's too much work, try these options:

Uno paper wallets, https://cryptap.us/uno/paperwallet.html
Co-Pay for Uno, http://hydra-uno.cryptap.us/#!/
JS Wallet, https://cryptap.us/uno/jswallet/

and my personal favorite, Uno Electrum, https://cryptap.us/uno/electrum/

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:28:40 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 02:13:36 PM by BitcoinNational

"a reminder not to use cryptocurrency exchanges as your personal coin vault."
"People should have learned by now that cryptocurrency exchanges are not a place to store your digital assets."
----

re: Which coin is your personal coin vault?

Crypto is in a constant state of evolution.   First and foremost the rule is 'Trust None', as in humanz, trust the numbers.  So you can learn to obtain in a secure manner a string of numbers ... then you are holding the only keys that unlock a 'Fort Knox' level vault.  

The above advice is great.  I've earmarked it for the future investor's FAQ/101 'What's UNO and How do I get it ... and keep it'.

---
Now in reality.  Cryptsy shoulda been a no worries place to store coins.  (same too with Mt.Gox)

The #1 guys never go bust, right?  So the logic behind storing coins on leading exchanges, can fail, there still is no 'too big too fail'.

Next problem is finding a reserve currency.  UNO is focused on being that product.  So if you can hold long term you'll find an exit point equal to or greater than your entry point.  STORE of VALUE.

All of us know that here.  But I also think it is the number one reason to invest in UNO, and that case needs to be presented often and repeatedly until the 'store of value' idea and the UNO brand are self identical.

2016-2017 is the next stage of evolution in crypto.  Before it was all launches and IPO funding rounds.  Now is the era of let's see what crypto can do.  

Conventional wisdom is that BTC is all there is and needs to be.  The shift is making the groupthink start to realize that Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether are not designed to store value.  They are designed to be liquids and payment rails.  

It is starting to dawn on digital investors that they need a personalized reserve currency.  With just enough daily liquidity to enter or exit short market positions in 'chunks'.  So their coin needs to be attached to multiple markets.  They will also look for active community support, trading advice, and most of all an easy to manage blockchain.  (say under 2GB) ... or even easier ... Uno Electrum, https://cryptap.us/uno/electrum/

They will need and want only one wallet.dat to house 'capital gains'.

Hello UNO Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:30:40 PM

Hundreds of coins were just traded at 0.0029 on Bittrex and Bleutrade. I've gotten about 100 at low prices this week but I'm really regretting not having more bitcoin to buy with right now. Ugh, that poker downswing. I just hope these cheap-as-**** coins are going to someone who will take them off of the exchanges & hold them for a while, not just flip them at 0.004.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 09:20:20 PM

Hundreds of coins were just traded at 0.0029 on Bittrex and Bleutrade. I've gotten about 100 at low prices this week but I'm really regretting not having more bitcoin to buy with right now. Ugh, that poker downswing. I just hope these cheap-as-**** coins are going to someone who will take them off of the exchanges & hold them for a while, not just flip them at 0.004.
I saw that. I was surprised it didn't happen sooner, given the cryptsy event.

It  hurts, but these are historic times for Uno, unlikely to be repeated.

Nostr:
cmg777

Activity: 478
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 11:21:23 PM

Welcome cmg777!

How did you come to know Unobtanium?

Have you been a holder of $UNO for awhile?

Or, did you use Unobtanium to exit your holdings from Cryptsy?

To answer your question, I research it and mine it from Genesis Mining. Also I've bought some from Cryptsy before the Altocalypse and the once again rise of the Almighty-Bitcoin. I've been a holder for awhile and am still surprised at how UNO has remained stable relative to fiat value. I hope this will change in the future. To answer your last question, no I did not use UNO in particular to exit Cryptsy but rather a basket of coins before they too could no longer be withdrawn as is the case right now.

I've heard a lot of talk about brain wallets, what about a wallet that encompasses 2FA authentication through a cell phone or email much like an exchange? Or perhaps make use of geolocation? The only possible issue with these solution would be a slight network slow down especially with geolocation I would imagine.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:19:55 AM

Bittrex market rebounded nicely, then someone bought up to $4 UNO on the Cryptsy XRP market. Lots of Cryptsy withdrawals today too, that means less coins on the risky exchange and more cheap coins on Bittrex, so set your buy orders up in the 0.003's if you want to collect more during this unique opportunity. I'm wrangling my bitcoin scraps (& playing 10 poker tables simultaneously to get back in the game for real)

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:46:16 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 02:19:32 PM by BitcoinNational

http://coingain.com/unobtanium/exchange

i'm have high hopes coingain is privy to some info that would be most exciting,
but likely just a typo

---------------
UNO fair, rare,
and square
Cool

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
lxxtikk
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:57:35 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 06:08:10 AM by lxxtikk

proto is delisting at cryptopia, sad  Undecided  the wallet is broken and its impossible to send coins
lost money ,thanks
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:33:18 PM

I've heard a lot of talk about brain wallets, what about a wallet that encompasses 2FA authentication through a cell phone or email much like an exchange? Or perhaps make use of geolocation? The only possible issue with these solution would be a slight network slow down especially with geolocation I would imagine.

I do warn users on the brainwallet site that use of a brainwallet is unsafe (humans are not sufficient sources of entropy). It's arguable that I'm not explicit enough in my warning... But at least more explicit than the original brainwallet site ever was Smiley

In my opinion, use an off-line generated paperwallet for long-term cold storage or multi-sig electrum with keys on a few different machines for warm wallet storage (say in a multi-sig 2of3 wallet: one machine can be compromised but if it takes 2 of 3 signatures to sign a transaction at least one more machine must be compromised to steal funds).

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 01:41:37 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 03:05:27 PM by FallingKnife

Whiplash as the Uno wallet at Cryptsy drains.

Now down to 16,272.6 UNO, 8.28 % of supply.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 06:09:48 PM

Scientists are getting closer and closer to discovering 120.

120 will always be Unobtanium to me.

Nostr:
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:06:09 PM

but likely just a typo

---------------
UNO fair, rare,
and square
Cool

Is there any reason that CoinGain would have access to information from inside Poloniex? Getting on Poloniex would be fantastic (being listed for margin trading & lending would be phenomenal, but that's one step further). But ya, most likely an error   Cry

They also list Bittrex as having higher KYC/AML requirements than Poloniex which is not true, the ranking should be swapped for those two exchanges.

I did my part a few months ago and sent Poloniex a request to add UNO. If you are an UNO holder & haven't done that, do it now. I would send another one but I'm not sure it would help to receive multiple requests for the same coin from the same person. Maybe it wouldn't hurt though?

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 09:22:01 PM

but likely just a typo

---------------
UNO fair, rare,
and square
Cool

I did my part a few months ago and sent Poloniex a request to add UNO. If you are an UNO holder & haven't done that, do it now. I would send another one but I'm not sure it would help to receive multiple requests for the same coin from the same person. Maybe it wouldn't hurt though?

I agree with Nat. I've also put in a request.  If you trade at Polo, submit a request to add Uno at https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 10:28:36 PM

And so, Coinmarketcap.com has dropped Cryptsy.

Nostr:
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 10:47:56 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 11:50:23 PM by BitcoinCharlie

Polinex submission complete

EDIT:

As an aside, I checked my coins-e account today and the ten $UNO that I sent weeks ago still have not appeared in my account.

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 01:58:26 AM

Polinex submission complete

EDIT:

As an aside, I checked my coins-e account today and the ten $UNO that I sent weeks ago still have not appeared in my account.

Same with Coinbroker.io.  Coins never arrived. No reply from support.

Coinbroker.io and Coins-e.com are zombie exchanges. Keep away.

Nostr:
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: