Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:02:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BlueMan.

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:57:05 PM

But once again guys :   DYING EXCHANGES ARE THE NEW FASHION !!!!!!   Mark this words for good.

The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 11:01:59 PM

Cryptsy are already dead!  

Maybe for UNO, not for XMG, look for this fantastic price, tonight.
You better buy XMG instead of UNO I guess.

No way to send btc or other coin to cryptsy now. It is place for SUICIDE !
personally I don't like Pos coiuns. I have only TEK from the very beginning of tek. It is make my million of tek  coins monthly. only good for dumping or I going to do some tek/uno sel on cryptopia....I keep it only for fun 40%an up Pos....
Magi is a PoW/PoS hybrid coin which I don't like. The more easy it's come the more easy it's go! Pos  are not my thing Frisian.  Rare and cold storable are Grin

I also like rare coin, have big bag of UNO, but XMG is different like any other coin, go to the forum and see for yourself.
It's a coin for everyone, not for big hashers. I think, it's the only fair coin. But like I said, see for yourself.
BlueMan.

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:32:26 PM

Cryptsy are already dead!  

Maybe for UNO, not for XMG, look for this fantastic price, tonight.
You better buy XMG instead of UNO I guess.

No way to send btc or other coin to cryptsy now. It is place for SUICIDE !
personally I don't like Pos coiuns. I have only TEK from the very beginning of tek. It is make my million of tek  coins monthly. only good for dumping or I going to do some tek/uno sel on cryptopia....I keep it only for fun 40%an up Pos....
Magi is a PoW/PoS hybrid coin which I don't like. The more easy it's come the more easy it's go! Pos  are not my thing Frisian.  Rare and cold storable are Grin

I also like rare coin, have big bag of UNO, but XMG is different like any other coin, go to the forum and see for yourself.
It's a coin for everyone, not for big hashers. I think, it's the only fair coin. But like I said, see for yourself.

yes no asibig machines  and no GPU mining  but:

Minimum coin age - 2 hours
Interest rate - network weight dependent with maximum 5%

let say somebody buy 200,000. - how much pos going to make an is this fair?
The forum looks good btw......

The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 11:38:46 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 11:49:56 PM by The Frisian

Minimum coin age - 2 hours
Interest rate - network weight dependent with maximum 5%
let say somebody buy 200,000. - how much pos going to make an is this fair?
The forum looks good btw......

Pos, I make pos around 10 XMG a day, with 150k. (sha-256)
You can mine 10 XMG with a new I7 in 3 days. (M7M)
By the way, please buy 200 K, will be very good for the price. Grin
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 02:50:12 AM

What I love about UNO...

No POS inflation. It's pure, rare, undisputably fair launch, fair distribution crypto. No premine. Community supported and protected. No big promises that someone will do something to make you rich tomorrow. Low inflation to pay the network for 300 years.  

Go ahead and staple any features to it you want. Features will make it useful, not valuable. I welcome useful features. The value was baked in at the start by Blazr2. A thousand crypto have come and gone, but Uno is still here. 

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BlueMan.

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:56:10 AM

What I love about UNO...

No POS inflation. It's pure, rare, undisputably fair launch, fair distribution crypto. No premine. Community supported and protected. No big promises that someone will do something to make you rich tomorrow. Low inflation to pay the network for 300 years.  

Go ahead and staple any features to it you want. Features will make it useful, not valuable. I welcome useful features. The value was baked in at the start by Blazr2. A thousand crypto have come and gone, but Uno is still here. 

@FK this words deserve my blue print. To remind people what is Uno!

Just a minute and you have it to deploy it in the world of crypto-delusion!  Wink Cheesy

BlueMan.

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:05:57 AM

There you go Cheesy

BlueMan.

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:35:08 AM

natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:47:48 PM

To be clear, features that make this commodity more useful would make it more valuable (if people use them). The statement that 'features would make it more useful, not more valuable', could be misinterpreted that we aren't interested in adding more features, or that nothing could make UNO more valuable.

With only the conditions we have now, (wallets; (Android, mac & windows core, electrum, brain, paper), exchanges; (bleutrade, bittrex, cryptopia, shapeshift, altquick), features; (coinpayments, debit card, phone service, dice) & traits; (low inflation, high hashrate, distribution that is continually growing stronger), we would see another all-time-high value in the future. This is because at the heart of Unobtanium are the concepts of accumulation, patience, & "tactical collecting". That definitely does not mean that we won't, or shouldn't be, working to add features.  

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:19:12 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 09:16:03 AM by BitcoinNational

re: features
meaning the app gimicks that everyone tried and 99.9% failed ... anon, VoIP, etc.

so it think promoting UN as "feature-less" is a fine angle to present, it seems to draw your attention and makes you really consider the unique properties of UN.  but mostly just semantics.

however great breakdown you did there:  

wallets; Downloads (Android, mac & windows core, electrum, brain, paper, web)
exchanges; Top100 (bleutrade, bittrex, cryptopia, shapeshift, altquick) (Base Pair for 78 other coins) guessing?
use features; Buy with it (coinpayments, debit card, phone service, dice, online retail market)
traits; Rare (ultra low inflation, ultra high hashrate, distribution ratio that is continually growing stronger and wider)
concepts of accumulation; patience, & "tactical collecting" as a reserve store of value currency, "Cold Vault"
community;

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:26:31 PM

Debit cards are kind of a gimmick really .... why go through the trouble of buying Bitcoin, putting it on an exchange, purchasing UNO (or some other crypto), hodling it a while, then converting it back to fiat using a debit card? I can see some use cases for this but myself personally I got into crypto so I could break away from fiat-based systems.

While merchant adoption is slow, this is simply due to cryptocurrency being in it's infancy - although in the past few years I have made a few major purchases using only Bitcoin. Just bought a new laptop on local swaplist for a few BTC.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 01:35:13 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 01:55:50 PM by FallingKnife

Once again, I talked myself into a corner, didn't I.  Thanks, @nat, for pointing it out.

The point I was trying to get at is like this: that price gold is what the price of gold is.
You can make something out of gold, like a ring.  Now you have a gold ring that ounce-for-ounce should be more valuable than the price of gold.
But the value of the gold itself is the same.
Uno's value is what it is, and there are no promise of future performance baked into the price.
but...
I agree with @IMZ's consistent point about the merchant and the innovator, because having the jewler in the market for gold creates demand and that will raise the price of gold. for everyone through scarcity.  I never denied this but I just didn't think it through all the way in my last rant.

Clearly, Uno is worth more on Crytpsy today because of the way it performs a special function: moving value out of cryptsy. But that function could eventually be stapled onto other coins, and then the price of Uno might fall at Cryptsy. But the point I failed to make clearly is that features can be appended to just about any blockchain coin. I welcome new features and uses for Uno; but unlike a thousand other unfair blockchains, I also value Uno for the core idea behind it.

Uno is a pure crypto "base metal," imo.  It is more fair than gold, because you know how much there is and when it will be discovered.   Governments can't claim the Uno reward for blocks 200,000 to 300,000 just because it happens to be in a mountain under their control.  You can't debase Uno by secretly mixing it with another less valuable blockchain. The way Blazr2 launched Unobtanium, with disregard for his own wealth, makes Uno different than almost anything else out there other than Bitcoin.  You can't staple fairness onto an unfair blockchain; you only get one shot at it and if you mess it up, its gone forever.

Some people say, "A blockchain is just a bunch cryptographically linked text," and that text files are not special, and that blockchain tech is the real value today not the stuff it encodes. Yes, Visa & banks want to use blockchain tech for their own profit driven purposes, and it may be the same technology, but it is still not the same "idea."  Beyond being "just a blockchain," Bitcoin is an idea that others have leveraged and built on top of.  

What a lot of people don't understand is that a blockchain, like a piece of paper that a poet writes on, contains ideas and morality (social, economic, technological). Embedded in the core of every one of the thousands of cryptocurrencies that have ever been launched is an idea.  Some of the ideas were, "let me scam as many people as I can," and "let me pre-mine this and dump it on the believers," or "This blockchain is only valuable because of me and my contributions and if I don't get my way, I am leaving."   Many of them were bad, immoral ideas, and so they have died an appropriate death after the ideas were vetted.

But Uno was a good idea in 2013, and is still a good idea in 2016. Fairness is a good thing among most people, and so Uno has lasted so long because it's a great idea, an experiment in scarity, fairness, fair distribution and everything else.

I don't deny that Bitcoin also has a lot of these characteristics of fairness/fair launch in its blockchain story.  Uno could only have been launched in 2013 in the shadow of Bitcoin. But Uno is a different metal when it comes to the mechanics of inflation and scarcity, and that to me is what makes it interesting.

So Blueman, if you want to update those awesome graphics, thats just fine by me. Smiley

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 02:04:58 PM

Nostr:
Blakesss

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:54:59 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 05:17:33 PM by Blakesss

Once all the Cryptsy uncertainty is past us and the exchange value begins to slowly increase UNO will attract new people to it on its own.

To me it looked like the price was consolidating in the 4-5 range as it returned to base support and began building anew... then Cryptsy got all goxy.

Smart alt-coin traders should BTFD.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:23:50 PM

To be clear, features that make this commodity more useful would make it more valuable (if people use them). The statement that 'features would make it more useful, not more valuable', could be misinterpreted that we aren't interested in adding more features, or that nothing could make UNO more valuable.

With only the conditions we have now, (wallets; (Android, mac & windows core, electrum, brain, paper), exchanges; (bleutrade, bittrex, cryptopia, shapeshift, altquick), features; (coinpayments, debit card, phone service, dice) & traits; (low inflation, high hashrate, distribution that is continually growing stronger), we would see another all-time-high value in the future. This is because at the heart of Unobtanium are the concepts of accumulation, patience, & "tactical collecting". That definitely does not mean that we won't, or shouldn't be, working to add features.  

Sure, it *could* be interpreted that way. Really though, what type of 'features' do people need their money to have? It needs to not erode in value as i hold it. That is a prime 'feature' of any type of money. I think the most important. That my Uno today can get me just as much crap as my Uno tomorrow.

Money is a tool. My hammer doesn't need all these extra features to work, i don't buy it for the padded grip and extended leverage in the claw. That is to differentiate and make it stand out in the sea of other hammers as the correct hammer for me. When people started marketing money, cryptos, like hammers, it became stupid. It is all a cash grab as the underlying function of every coin is the same, transference of wealth, it becomes all about which one vehicle for wealth transference enticed you the most. Was it the deluxe model, or the economy model? It is all bullshit. That is the problem.

Perhaps though, in the future, things will be different. The dollars in my wallet have NO features. The hundo has some cool features like color shifting ink and stuff, but those are the features real money has. Real money doesn't have an app or a software suite of features. That is just people trying to monetize their ideas.

A lot of this crypto shit has always felt like someone trying to sell me a $1 for a $1.10 because this new $1 is loaded with features. They will be more than happy to exchange it for my old and 'worthless' $1 for a mere 10% surcharge. Never sat right with me. Greater fool through and through.

The best way to add real value to Uno is to have real people valuing it. If people wanted Uno more than they wanted fiat, or anything, that would make it valuable. People don't want money because it is money, they want it for what it represents, anything. There is nothing you cannot obtain with money, therefore it is the end all and be all. If you make it so there is nothing Uno won't buy you, it achieves the same status.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
Blakesss

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:57:28 PM

To me the real measure of how people value a coin is reflected in its hashrate. UNO's is crazy high and IMO out of line with it's baseline exchange value.
BlueMan.

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:33:15 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 07:55:32 PM by BlueMan.

/So Blueman, if you want to update those awesome graphics, thats just fine by me. Smiley/

It is a lot of text man.

@FK ,@Sirsmpkesalot, @Natmccoy and all the rest - let debate some text. Short and long- several options. Text that a few words and sentences to say everything about Uno. That options can be use to new people to discover Un.

Well i have a litle idea:
in close future i think to put those posters on 53' trailers long over the road trucks. This trucks travel in all US states and thousands people can see it every day. Dress up with vinyl all the way sides and back trailers can circulate for years on  US roads Grin  Thatis a big display ,but for non crypto people....Anyway i have very good frieds of mine in trucking industry....... Wink Smiley maybe a good idea to use those graphics somewhere  else...going to be fun to see that uno logo on the str. Grin

natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:09:26 PM

I think I confused "features" with "services". I agree with you guys, we shouldn't add anonymous-ultrastake-thingamajig to the code, but hardware wallets, mixing service, a decentralized exchange, etc. would be good.

Truck ads would be AWESOME!

learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:00:40 PM

Just a note: I removed Cryptsy from unobtanium.uno until this situation resolves.

edit: not that I have actual hopes for it to resolve positively. but I guess there is a 0.5% chance or something, lol

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 10:21:39 PM

Just a note: I removed Cryptsy from unobtanium.uno until this situation resolves.

edit: not that I have actual hopes for it to resolve positively. but I guess there is a 0.5% chance or something, lol
I was going to say that I liked your optimism; however, it did not seem well placed.

The saddest part of the whole thing (aside from people losing big bucks) is that the comedic Cryptsy hate threads will no longer have any material to continue...

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Pages: « 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: