Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:00:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 11:58:45 PM

If Cryptsy comes back (and I hope they do, but I doubt they will) then we can consider relisting them.   Their behavior and communication throughout has been incredibly reckless and thoughtless.

There's still alot of Uno there; even if it's all stolen, we can absorb it.  We've done it before. It will hurt the price for a while, but then it will go back to normal.

Time to move on.  Thanks for the memories, Cryptsy.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 12:01:52 AM

Last 30 days of Uno on Cryptsy, for the record.

Nostr:
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:13:05 AM

CryptoID chain explorer has still been following Cryptsy pricing, so it's currently been showing $3.45 a coin, and $680~k marketcap. I'll try to get some BTC over to Cryptopia soon to buy the sells from Cryptsy. The best thing about UNO is it's a small and rare form of the best no gimmicks coin. Very low inflation with a known release schedule is what makes it valuable to me. As was said above by FallingKnife and SirSmokesAlot, I concur.

PoS high inflation and vulnerability seems like a flash in the pan, a "hot gimmick" to sell you the new shiny dollar for a $1.10.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 12:18:30 AM

POS coins stolen from an exchange can totally screw that currency.

Remember Vericoin when they were hacked off of MintPal? They had to fork the coins back.

Nostr:
djhomeschool

Activity: 340
Merit: 164

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:36:51 AM

Bitebi9 still on OP, rumored to be Cryptsy starting up in China...
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 07:27:45 PM

Chainz explorer now reflects price of Uno at Bittrex.
They also updated the distribution to reflect some known miners, that will help shrink the "unknown" portion of the pie chart.

About 3 btc sold at Cryptsy today.

Nostr:
Baars

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:01:43 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 08:17:40 PM by Baars

Debit cards are kind of a gimmick really .... why go through the trouble of buying Bitcoin, putting it on an exchange, purchasing UNO (or some other crypto), hodling it a while, then converting it back to fiat using a debit card? I can see some use cases for this but myself personally I got into crypto so I could break away from fiat-based systems.

While merchant adoption is slow, this is simply due to cryptocurrency being in it's infancy - although in the past few years I have made a few major purchases using only Bitcoin. Just bought a new laptop on local swaplist for a few BTC.
i use xapo card and i store barely all my funds in crypto so i dont even need to keep fiat money
this allows me to be "all in" in bitcoin
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:19:45 PM

Debit cards are kind of a gimmick really .... why go through the trouble of buying Bitcoin, putting it on an exchange, purchasing UNO (or some other crypto), hodling it a while, then converting it back to fiat using a debit card? I can see some use cases for this but myself personally I got into crypto so I could break away from fiat-based systems.

While merchant adoption is slow, this is simply due to cryptocurrency being in it's infancy - although in the past few years I have made a few major purchases using only Bitcoin. Just bought a new laptop on local swaplist for a few BTC.
i use xapo card and i store barely all my funds in crypto so i dont even need to keep fiat money
this allows me to be "all in" in bitcoin

As someone vehemently opposed to BitcoinXT, Xapo is on my shit list too: https://bitcoinxt.software/onboard.html

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Baars

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:45:30 PM

Bitcoin Core: a project run by two men who have shown clear opposition to the block chain having a future. One of them works for a company that makes more money the worse the block chain gets: conflicts of interest don’t get more extreme than that.
Bitcoin XT: a project run by two men who already shipped a compromise solution that reflects the demands of miners, users and companies.
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:50:50 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 10:02:40 PM by siameze

Bitcoin Core: a project run by two men who have shown clear opposition to the block chain having a future. One of them works for a company that makes more money the worse the block chain gets: conflicts of interest don’t get more extreme than that.
Bitcoin XT: a project run by two men who already shipped a compromise solution that reflects the demands of miners, users and companies.

ROFL!!!! But this is an UNO thread. I'm not gonna hijack it to talk about how XT will certainly fail. ( If users were "demanding" it, they would have a majority of nodes). There are plenty of places to do that.

EDIT: http://qntra.net/2016/01/earliest-possible-date-for-xtcoin-fork-passes/   LOL

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 10:40:39 PM

Uno folks do have their very own "off topic" thread. We should use it more often. It is on the OP.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881433.new#new  

---

Good Uno trade volume on Bittrex today. We missed being on the front page by about .3 btc.

Nostr:
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:50:45 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 03:01:00 AM by natmccoy

How Unobtanium will fulfill its prophecy; whether it is through you, me, all of us, or a silent investor.

Indeed, there has been a good amount of volume recently, well actually the past 11 months since the pump. Unless someone at Cryptsy is just arbitraging the market, then there has been serious accumulation happening. Think about it this way: If I had $300,000, I could buy bitcoin then spend every day restocking UNO buy orders in the 0.003's, and it is guaranteed that the market will run out of UNO before I run out of money. It is essentially a certain 10%, 100%, or 1,000% profit. Someone may be enacting that plan as I type, & has been for months. $300,000 is not a lot for someone in a developed nation, it just takes 1 semi-wealthy individual to see the potential. If nobody has been, I will be the person to do that over the next several years if this thing doesn't increase in value significantly before I have the chance. No kids, modest means, a hobby that makes money (poker), & soon a great job in a biotech laboratory. Plus I'm already off to a good start with the major stake that I hold. Of course, this isn't about me, it is an example of how little it will take to bring this market to the attention of millions of people. Not a team of millionaires, but 1 motivated guy would be able to make this commodity a top 10 crypto. I know FallingKnife is committed in such a way, but I haven't seen anyone else express the same strategy.  

Every number & market movement in this hypothetical scenario is very rough, it's just to express the idea: Someone has managed to obtain 25% of coins for $100,000 at 0.005 average, sell side dries up & prices rise. They manage to sell 5% of total UNO for $40,000 at an average price of 0.01 over a few months until their selling combined with others causes the price to decline, well now they've got 20% of all UNO & $40,000 to buy another 10% at 0.005, totaling 30% of coins. Are they stuck if the price doesn't rise again? No, they've still got $200,000 to buy every single coin that falls into them. After 5 years they've got 75% of coins, the other 25% has been stationary in addresses for 7 years, or is held by small-scale traders. They invested an initial $200,000 but managed to make all of that back plus $50,000 with swing trading. So they've got 75% of UNO plus $100,000 (let's say they spent some). With 15% locked in wallets for nearly a decade, the smaller traders have only 10% of total coins, which means even at a market cap of $1,000,000, their $100,000 can absorb all selling. At that point, there is no losing situation for our clever investor, if the price declines; they obtain a larger share, if the price goes up; their crypto portfolio is worth more. If Bittrex, Bleutrade, Cryptopia, Cryptsy & Altquick all disappear over time, other exchanges will want to host the million dollar market. By then there may be more crypto exchanges, government regulated altcoin trading, or dozens of decentralized exchanges.

People may say:

(1) "That is not the spirit of the coin, it's about fairness."

Such a strategy would be 100% fair, those coins were bought on the fair market from willing traders, not pre-mined like so many other cryptos.

(2) "We want distribution, people wouldn't be as interested if it was mostly one or a few people controlling the wealth."

You know what people would see? Exactly what they see now; dozens of addresses that have been stationary for 300+ days, a small portion of total coins on exchanges, a small, engaged, passionate, committed community. It may have already happened, it's impossible to know. Those $1,200 of UNO purchased on Bittrex today may have been bought by somebody with half of all coins. In regards to distribution: I'm sorry, but Unobtanium's destiny is not to have 10,000,000 people each owning 0.025 UNO, spending a little to buy a new sink at Home Depot. That's the role of bitcoin or whatever other crypto that will come to dominate the global economy. Our role is different, this coin will be collected & hoarded to the point of extreme value. To live up to its name & become truly rare there simply must be a few bold individuals who made a strong move early on.

(3) "If such a plan is possible, why hasn't it been done with other alts? Why don't YOU do it with a coin worth $4,000?"

It likely has been done with other alts, we can't really know. but Unobtanium is uniquely set up for this because of its current situation and characteristics. I've looked into doing this with many smaller coins, but almost everything below $20,000 on coinmarketcap has a jaded, scammed community, glitchy blockchain, uninspiring premise, & poor exchange coverage. If I accumulated & drove the price up I would be fighting an uphill battle, & once I needed to sell to take a larger share at lower prices, nobody would want to buy the coins. Plus, there is still a lot of inflationary pressure on many of those coins. UNO has almost no inflation to fight, a solid reputation, willing investors, numerous exchanges, reliable blockchain, active community, & a large portion of the total coins are safely locked away in wallets. It's a perfect scenario.

(4) "That is an unsavory plan because it's about greed & selling to the next sucker." (I chose that phrase because someone who was once a supporter of UNO said that about this community in another forum a couple of months ago.)

This is a store of value, just like gold or a hundred dollar bill. In order for it to succeed, it needs to be considered valuable. An increase of value is a self-fulfilling prophecy; to increase in value it must first increase in value, a $300,000 valuation & 80th place on coinmarketcap.com is not going to get us anywhere. It is not about 'selling to the next sucker' any more than trading stocks is, or buying real estate. The individual who accumulates the most Unobtanium from 2013-2020 will hold the largest stash of one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies in 2030, but only IF somebody accumulates in the first place to make it valuable, & I will be the one to do it if nobody beats me to it. & I'm not in this to profit from suckers, I get enough of that at the poker tables. No, I want to help build something huge. I want to shape history. I want all of the people selling at 0.003 the last couple of months to regret it, I want to see them posting about it in 3 years with little sad faces, "back in 2015 I had 100 UNO but I sold them all for a third of a bitcoin Sad"

My point is: At the core of Unobtanium is not a frenzy of trading on waves of pumps and dumps until it fades away, its destiny is to be hoarded into rarity. I know, those are common themes in the crypto world; "HODL," "I'm a long-term holder," "Dogecoin will be $1 each one day," "There's a mystery whale accumulating," but we all know that is mostly said by traders who are overly optimistic, in denial, or trying to convince others to buy in so they can profit. Well I won't deny the possibility that I'm overly optimistic or in denial, but I will say that I've always been very ambitious, & thankfully I've been the kind of person who makes manifest of those ambitions. I'm also incredibly stubborn, & there's no way I'm letting this thing sag into irrelevance.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 11:43:29 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 11:54:59 AM by FallingKnife

Damn that conspiracy that is keeping Uno at the top of page 2 at Bittrex. They can't deny us page 1 forever.

Meanwhile at that other place, prices hit 0075 at nearly 5 btc of volume.

I hope this translates to a big move out of the cold wallet. It hasn't moved in 3 days. I suppose it could be an arb trader with balls of unobtanium.

Nostr:
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 08:54:33 PM

Mega wallet finally shrunk a bit again, somebody took home 186 UNO

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:23:35 PM

I agree with a lot of what you are saying nat! My biggest problem is finding that spare 300k. If someone wanted to donate it to me i would be more than happy to invest it into Uno!

Either one person with 300k, or 300 people with 1k. Middle ground, 75 people with 4k. That seems doable.

I surely hope you can pull it off nat! I think you put to words how most of us here feel. It is nice to see someone picking up the torch for lack of a better colloquialism. There is nothing wrong with strong ambitions but rather how to maintain the strength when the leeches come to bleed. There was a pretty good effort in here a while back to get that price up there, and it rose a bit. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. People forget that though, they enjoy the rush and don't allow proper time for the come down. That is how people become jaded Wink

The only real issue with your one guy owning 75%, no matter what % of nothing you own, it is still nothing. Does that 75% owner also have a bevy of legal age daughters willing to exchange uno for 'favors'? That type of service would create some demand for the coin. Just owning a bunch of the coin isn't enough. To keep with Kim jong, if you got someone like him to use it, then his devoted followers would wind up using it, if he held the 75% because he has used his super powers he could keep it afloat. If a nobody like my self accumulated 75% of all Uno, no one would care really. Not unless i did something crazy to draw attention to the coin then, an oz of gold for every Uno, to kick up the demand, then it is scarce, then you trickle it back. Markets don't happen, they are made. What was the catalyst for bitcoin? The silkroad. What will be our catalyst? Come on mr. Branson. Make it so Uno will be the only ticket to space.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 10:54:05 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 11:56:55 PM by FallingKnife

Then what are we seeing on Cryptsy?
Maybe the Mr. Unobtanium balls is depositing Uno to the hot wallet as an arb play, and people are withdrawing directly from there without affecting the cold wallet.

I don't think deposited Uno goes right to the cold wallet.  The idea would be they wouldn't tap it until the hot wallet is withdrawn below a threshold.

There are quite a few blocks on the rockchain that show quantities of coins being moved around. For example, there's about 400 Uno moved in block 718717, and then a similar amount moved in block 718996 that sort of connects to a large transaction on Cryptsy.  So it appears that someone is indeed arbing Uno to Cryptsy.

Nostr:
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 11:01:40 PM

Then what are seeing on Cryptsy?
Maybe the Mr. Unobtanium balls is depositing Uno to the hot wallet as an arb play, and people are withdrawing directly from there without affecting the cold wallet.

I don't think deposited Uno goes right to the cold wallet.  The idea would be they wouldn't tap it until the hot wallet is withdrawn below a threshold.

There are quite a few blocks on the rockchain that show quantities of coins being moved around. For example, there's about 400 Uno moved in block 718717, and then a similar amount moved in block 718996 that sort of connects to a large transaction on Cryptsy.  So it appears that someone is indeed arbing Uno to Cryptsy.
Sure it's easy to deposit $UNO and sell it, but what are they trading the resulting BTC into to get out of Cryptsy?

Or, maybe the individual is criminally insane and just leaving his / her BTC in Cryptsy?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:05:59 PM

Is UNO still mineable in solo mode via my Antminer S3? Cry

You need to add UNO on Yobit.net as well. Currently they are having a better traction than Bittrex and Cryptopia.

Hope UNO overtakes Litecoin in the long run. Wink
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:11:15 PM

Is UNO still mineable in solo mode via my Antminer S3? Cry

You need to add UNO on Yobit.net as well. Currently they are having a better traction than Bittrex and Cryptopia.

Hope UNO overtakes Litecoin in the long run. Wink

I have actually stopped to do some trading on YoBit since signing up there. I have already made 3 withdraws of around 1 BTC and they processed within minutes all 3 times. I like cryptopia too, don't get me wrong. ( Haven't really used it since the HAM takeover though, no real need.)

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:12:26 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 01:41:12 AM by natmccoy

You're exactly right about how it works F.K. As I posted back on page 567, this is the Cryptsy 'hotter' wallet: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/wallet.dws?20615.htm

I think it's entirely possible that somebody at Cryptsy is arbitraging the markets. If you were able to withdraw bitcoin from Cryptsy, were having money troubles, and saw all these altcoin markets with a guaranteed profit per trade, wouldn't you arbitrage?

It may be someone with balls of unobtanium though, it's hard to know. We could track the Bittrex distribution closely on a daily basis, if you see most of the accounts remaining stagnant with one that moves up and down according to the trade action on Bittrex & Cryptsy, that could be a good indicator of insider arbitrage.

Pages: « 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: