Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:23:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046629 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:19:26 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 06:37:15 AM by BitcoinNational

Nettles also alleges that Vernon was, at the time, planning to depart the US for China "to start a new life", and that if he were to leave, "it will be very easy for him to take with him all of his virtual currency assets and evade the reach of this court".

http://www.coindesk.com/digital-currency-exchange-cryptsy-ceos-wife-asset-documents

Almost took the UNO and ran.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/297988447/Urgent-Motion-for-Injunctive-Relief
see #8 ... Vernon is the mega wallet ... explains XPY/cryptsy also ... the guy had 256 rig big guns Wink
and bitebi9 is very likely his 'paramour'

URAN wallet was it?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:29:24 AM

Good grief.  "Prototanium" is the UNO testnet (with a branded wallet), it doesn't need and shouldn't have its own thread. Nor, as I have said before, should it be monetised.

What the **** is going to be done when a serious issue needs high risk changes to be tested?

Got to agree here. I think the whole monetisation of the UNO testnet as Prototanium is not a good idea. I think it also detracts from UNO mainnet, and for new investors would most likely be quite confusing. I have been around since the beginning of UNO and don't quite understand the need for Prototanium. Not to mention the fact that it is already 3/5ths mined before most people knew what had even happened which could be seen as...
Craig Swalby

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/cswalby

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 07:52:57 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 10:20:26 AM by Craig Swalby

I was researching price activity on Mt. Gox around the 2012 BTC halving event when I decided to take a quick look back at UNO on Cryptsy.

We are seeing near all time UNO lows comparable to the Wolong dump and CoinEx "hack" dump periods both from 2014.  UNO has traded on CoinEx, CryptoRush, Coins-e, AllCrypt, Mintpal, AtomicTrade, and Cryptsy exchanges (more?).  Cryptsy, I think, was the longest tenured and had highest volume UNO trading.  Also there's questionable data on the historic charts that was pointed out at the time and in some way may be related to the Lucky7Coin hack.

https://cryptrader.com/charts/cryptsy/uno/btc

https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/56b46f5e/

Are there significant amounts of UNO to sell profitably at market price today?

Anyone know or venture to guess what break even price is for UNO mined 2013-present?

Maybe have to overlay historical BTC/USD with historical UNO/BTC.

Still rare, still fair, it's Unobtanium.
Blakesss

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:37:28 PM

From The Hives fb page:

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 04:45:01 PM

Good grief.  "Prototanium" is the UNO testnet (with a branded wallet), it doesn't need and shouldn't have its own thread. Nor, as I have said before, should it be monetised.

What the **** is going to be done when a serious issue needs high risk changes to be tested?

Got to agree here. I think the whole monetisation of the UNO testnet as Prototanium is not a good idea. I think it also detracts from UNO mainnet, and for new investors would most likely be quite confusing. I have been around since the beginning of UNO and don't quite understand the need for Prototanium. Not to mention the fact that it is already 3/5ths mined before most people knew what had even happened which could be seen as...

In my 20/20 hindsight, I tend to agree with you now. The reason we brought it back was to help Cryptopia exchange and investors who trusted the dev only to find their PR coins stuck on Cryptopia. Cryptopia has always done good things for Uno and likes our community. 

Thought I think PR is interesting, it is not my main focus. This effort was an example of our community standing up to help others. I suppose, not having PR fail in such a manner is good for Uno. I think that, once again we have shown that the UNO community can step in when necessary and maintain things, and signals our good will to help where we can.

Who knows. Maybe a dev will step up and something will come of it yet. There's still a lot of PR to be mined (its merge mineable, but don't tell anyone or my little 10ghs of hash will not earn me anything). It's sort of fun mining "uno" a second time. It is damn cheap on Cryptopia. 

There is now a PR thread on BCT that BN is managing, and another on Cryptocointalk.  I suggest we can move the discussion about PR to those places. Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 04:50:20 PM

I was researching price activity on Mt. Gox around the 2012 BTC halving event when I decided to take a quick look back at UNO on Cryptsy.

We are seeing near all time UNO lows comparable to the Wolong dump and CoinEx "hack" dump periods both from 2014.  UNO has traded on CoinEx, CryptoRush, Coins-e, AllCrypt, Mintpal, AtomicTrade, and Cryptsy exchanges (more?).  Cryptsy, I think, was the longest tenured and had highest volume UNO trading.  Also there's questionable data on the historic charts that was pointed out at the time and in some way may be related to the Lucky7Coin hack.

https://cryptrader.com/charts/cryptsy/uno/btc

https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/56b46f5e/

Are there significant amounts of UNO to sell profitably at market price today?

Anyone know or venture to guess what break even price is for UNO mined 2013-present?

Maybe have to overlay historical BTC/USD with historical UNO/BTC.
Hi Craig, I love looking at charts. I hope you move ahead with your historical overlay project.

Here's my list of expired UNO exchanges. I think I might have missed one or two:

Former or Defunct Uno Exchanges
Cryptsy.com, MintPal.com, Coinex.pw, Allcrypt.com, Coins-e.com, Coinbroker.io, Atomic-trade.com, Comkort.com, Coinedup.com, CryptoRush.com

Just for fun, I found a Coin-ex.pw chart for Uno
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/uno/btc/coinex/alltime

And Mintpal
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/uno/btc/mintpal/alltime

And Allcrypt
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/uno/btc/allcrypt/alltime

And CoinedUp!
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/uno/btc/coinedup/alltime

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 05:16:57 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 07:38:07 PM by FallingKnife

It would seem that some of us who have been gathering Uno at these prices are going to be ready for it to appreciate sometime soon.

I'm not looking to exit, but I realize pumps are a part of life in crypto.  And I realize some buy & hold hoping for a pump. For those who have contacted me and are interested in attracting a pump group as part of your escape plan -- and I hate to say this in the shadow of Cryptsy -- but you're going to have to put some Uno on the exchanges first. Bittrex and the other markets are very, very shallow right now. There's just no Uno to pump, really.  Nobody wants to pump a coin where they can only acquire a 1% stake.

Remember the first thing Wolong did was grab control the market by buying all the Uno up to 03, I think.  He didn't care about overpaying for the most expensive coins he bought. He first needed to take control (he even talked about in his post-pump book).   Today if you bought all the Uno showing on the books at Bittrex, you'd only end up with about 3 or 4k. Not enough to do a good pump. Serious pumpers don't really care about price, because it will go where they set it. They care about control of the market. The Uno community is not offering control at this time.  Just not enough coins on offer to do it.

Nostr:
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 12:19:30 AM

Bittrex alone traded roughly 10k UNO since christmas. Maybe not huge, but certainly enough to aquire a fair share of the currently liquid supply if you are so inclined. There's also an entire ton for purchase up to .0043, so I'm not sure I agree that there's not enough UNO around.

True - huge piles of UNO are off exchanges and I have a feeling even a pump to 5x today's price wouldn't budge a significant portion of that. Most huge wallets stayed put during the last pumps too...

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:54:43 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 06:14:37 AM by BitcoinNational

State of Unobtanium

I would like to think UNO is several stages ahead of nearly every POW coin, what happens to UNO is what will happen to the others ... same timeline but different time frame.

Personal opinion is that UNO is priced fair @$10-$15/kg, and could be at that price if we just pump'd it up, not a difficult task see coins like Ruby, Earth, Byte are doing that, but reality and gravity sets in, and the 'market' is more aware of this technique.

UNO has gone the other way, first built on real solid capital, we've tested the bottom now twice, and I suggest gone well past cost of productions, and have yet to evaluate the real top.  

Secondly, current cycle of low prices are a way to redistribute, and helps foster UNO becoming a kind of $ pegged coin like CLAM or NU or TET ... so fosters the generation of a real and true decentralized coin where the above 3 are very centralized.

Chart says UNO is at the bottom, and ran a 1 year cycle, and just a notch above the bottom of a 2 year cycle, and thus a better investment after 2 years than btc, ha!

So I am still surprised to see +100kg lots be dumped below 0.00299, as mentioned before that has to be below cost-of-production at this point in time.  I suspect attempted market manipulation but it shows little results, so bad move.

Yes someone could hit the market with 5-6 btc and UNO could likely hit 0.012-0.025 range.  So there would be another sharp peak on the chart.  Boring!

My hope is take it up floor by floor, this keeps the market tight, encourages SHAPESHIFT and SAFECEX to tighten their spreads and take on more UNO stock on their inventory shelves which helps UNO be a kind of liquid asset.  At this point it is an easy game, a dozen market makers stacking solid support levels but rotating out @ +10-20% gains ... repeat ... smart&decentralized market management.

Seems to be the organic direction being set-up.  Seems Bittrex leads the volume, but Bleu, cryptopia, and safecex all seem to be able to keep bid/ask 'within range' so UNO is achieving decentralized exchange market as well.

There will be a hockey stick peak once the market takes more and more notice, you can already sense the tension wanting to snap up, but the longer and smoother the up shift can be delayed the better.  (my opinion)

To would be want to be whales.  Well brother you had 2 years of potato heads droppin TONs!  Run some baseline support for 6-12 months and you'll get what you seek Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:43:54 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 07:26:44 AM by Zelig

Happy Friday, UNOverse ~ !

I've been out of it for the last couple weeks.  The last time I was on here, 23 Jan - I was Sooooooooooo wasted.

How wasted was I ?  I was so wasted that I bought 7 UNO on Bittrex and didn't even know it until I logged into Bittrex this evening and saw my completed orders from the 23rd.  That must have been a fun night Huh Honest to the blue man, I do not remember that night.  

Anyway, what's up with the wallet, Mmm... UNO Storage Vault?  I'm 21 weeks behind (No block source available).  Was I supposed to upgrade or something (looking at Subject line from previous post I hijacked for this post)?  No block source available?  What is going on?

Also - has anyone been able to recover any coins from Cryptsy?  I still have 3 UN and 775,000 MZC stuck there (fucking Vern).

Hope everyone is doing well.

Z  

Update: I just updated my Vault.  2 years and 14 we.. 13 weeks behind.  

P.S.  Superbowl 50 right... I work in SF.  I went out with coworkers last night to a bar right up the street from "Superbowl City".  Fucking $13 for a beer.  On the plus side, I wasn't very hung over today.  "Superbowl City" - you can't even watch the Superbowel from within "Superbowl City".  I don't mean any offense, but SF is so gay.  

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:47:27 AM

Just trolling, but does anyone need to dump up to 2 tons of Uno (250 minimum) today/tomorrow at 00275?  PM me if you do. I have a buyer who will cash you out.

So there is two tons of "demand" and you think it is somehow better for the coin to not have this demand reflected on the existing open public markets?  To lay in support at.00275?

Tell your buyer to buy it in public at the prevailing market rate.  Why does your buyer deserve a gift discount of something that is supposed to be "unobtainable"?

Trolling indeed.  Off market trading is perfectly fine.  Soliciting for it here is damaging.

Send his btc to the market and support the price.
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:30:50 AM

So I am still surprised to see +100kg lots be dumped below 0.00299, as mentioned before that has to be below cost-of-production at this point in time.

Disagree - merge mining means that the cost of production of UNO is effectively zero.  Fortunately the rate of production is extremely low, so the impact isn't enormous, but I think you can expect to see the majority of mined UNO to be sold directly at market.
Zelig

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:56:52 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 08:08:02 AM by Zelig

So I am still surprised to see +100kg lots be dumped below 0.00299, as mentioned before that has to be below cost-of-production at this point in time.

Disagree - merge mining means that the cost of production of UNO is effectively zero.  Fortunately the rate of production is extremely low, so the impact isn't enormous, but I think you can expect to see the majority of mined UNO to be sold directly at market.

That's like what?  3 UN per day?  I paid five bucks for a doughnut and an apple juice on the ferry the other day.  I know, I know ... I need to do my part, too.  But come on.  See that couch over there, dig out some change and buy an UN or two.  

But, I have to admit, when I see someone dumping 350 or 400 something on Bittrex - I get a bit spooked, too.  There are some things that frustrate me... I could easily list.  But UN remains my Alt.  and you know, MZC, too. 

Z

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:03:40 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 09:48:15 AM by BitcoinNational

+100kg is 1 months production
will be 2months before long

freshly mined and then sold directly at market rate would be shocked if more than 1 kilo /day
wise miners would hold until above price average too

----
@Z

I still think you should sell beer for 1un in S.F.

1 bag ice
1 cooler
24 bottles of brew
1 android UNO wallet
maybe some cute 'hippster' beer maids

Talk about incoming price spikes Wink  might hit the $13 range!

---
@Trolling indeed

I would guess that knife is soliciting here because he is working with a buyer of significance that plans to help dev and bring UNO to another level.  Just a guess.  But it is just a matter of time before buyers with the means discover the properties of UNO and want (a bit late in the game) to secure a position.  But I would agree that if they instead posted in books it would be better, and if patient they will get 2Tons at the bottom.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Zelig

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:12:09 AM

+100kg is 1 months production
will be 2months before long

freshly mined and then sold directly at market rate would be shocked if more than 1 kilo /day
wise miners would hold until above price average too

----
@Z

I still think you should sell beer for 1un in S.F.

1 bag ice
1 cooler
24 bottles of brew
1 android UNO wallet
maybe some cute 'hippster' beer maids

Talk about incoming price spikes Wink  might hit the $13 range!

LOL... you set me to daydreaming...

But seriously, for the cost of the investment in getting that going, I could probably just dump it on UN and spike the price.  But, you're right ... a sustained campaign is what we need.

Z

tertius993

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:13:35 AM

Disagree - merge mining means that the cost of production of UNO is effectively zero.  Fortunately the rate of production is extremely low, so the impact isn't enormous, but I think you can expect to see the majority of mined UNO to be sold directly at market.

That's like what?  3 UN per day?  I paid five bucks for a doughnut and an apple juice on the ferry the other day.  I know, I know ... I need to do my part, too.  But come on.  See that couch over there, dig out some change and buy an UN or two.  

But, I have to admit, when I see someone dumping 350 or 400 something on Bittrex - I get a bit spooked, too.  There are some things that frustrate me... I could easily list.  But UN remains my Alt.  and you know, MZC, too. 

Z

I make it 3.75 per day, so yes a trivial amount.

But my point was really that "cost of production" has become meaningless for UNO - miner's costs are covered by Bitcoin; anything they merge mine is simply a bonus so they'll sell it at any price.
Zelig

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:17:12 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 08:37:20 AM by Zelig

But, I have to admit, when I see someone dumping 350 or 400 something on Bittrex - I get a bit spooked, too.  There are some things that frustrate me... I could easily list.  But UN remains my Alt.  and you know, MZC, too.  

Z

I make it 3.75 per day, so yes a trivial amount.

But my point was really that "cost of production" has become meaningless for UNO - miner's costs are covered by Bitcoin; anything they merge mine is simply a bonus so they'll sell it at any price.

Is no one exclusively mining UN these days - trying to defray the investment in expensive mining hardware?  (hope that question made sense)

I long ago switched my silly Genesis mining contract back to exclusively BTC mining.  I'm earning like 80 cents a week in BTC... almost not worth the time it takes to keep my mining spreadsheet up to date other than it continuing to be a hobby.  After 767 days of mining (defunct 7 GH Jalapeno, fraud PB Mining, and Genesis Mining) I'm still down $400.  And, 80 cents.  To be precise.  Well, I have not yet tallied the last two weeks of Genesis mining... so, you know, maybe I've broken 400... fuck. I know, I know, it's not big money ... and I guess I'm glad I didn't invest big money into mining.  I've been cautious all along.  But, it's not just the money.  It's the time I've put into all this... And, I know, a lot of other people have put a lot more into it than me... Just say'n.  

... 3.75 per day ... duly noted.  

You know what's funny?  When I consider that I own a quarter percent of all the UNO that will ever be mined, first I think... that's a small amount.  Then I consider - wait, only 400 people could each hold that amount... Which makes me realize what a small club this is - which leaves me wondering - how did I get into this club?  I'm so on the fray, you know, outside of a lot of the discussions going on here.  But, it's really awesome, too, to get to know the people here - that are all spread so far apart...  

Ahh Z... that's sweet.  Have another beer.  

Ok... think I will.  

Z

tertius993

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:27:10 AM

Is no one exclusively mining UN these days - trying to defray the investment in expensive mining hardware?  (hope that question made sense)

I long ago switched my silly Genesis mining contract back to exclusively BTC mining.  I'm earning like 80 cents a week in BTC... almost not worth the time it takes to keep my mining spreadsheet up to date other than it continuing to be a hobby.  After 767 days of mining (defunct 7 GH Jalapeno, fraud PB Mining, and Genesis Mining) I'm still down $400. 

Z

I'm sure someone is, but really why would you? At the current difficulty you'd just be throwing money away.  Given that you can mine BTC and merge mine as well for the same cost then it seems a no brainer to me.
Zelig

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:49:49 AM

I long ago switched my silly Genesis mining contract back to exclusively BTC mining.  I'm earning like 80 cents a week in BTC... almost not worth the time it takes to keep my mining spreadsheet up to date other than it continuing to be a hobby.  After 767 days of mining (defunct 7 GH Jalapeno, fraud PB Mining, and Genesis Mining) I'm still down $400.  

Z

I'm sure someone is, but really why would you? At the current difficulty you'd just be throwing money away.  Given that you can mine BTC and merge mine as well for the same cost then it seems a no brainer to me.

You know my concern.  We don't need 400 people each owning a quarter percent ... or whatever.  We need like 4000 people trying to accumulate this.  And, I worry that some large holder (Wolong?) is just squeezing every last nickle out of the remaining funds that are in UN... I think to grow this we have to stop undermining each other?*  I don't know.  I just catch bits and pieces of conversation here - usually on Fridays like this when I'm counting my BTC, UN, and MZC over a couple of cold ones.

Is Genesis set up for merge mining?  I haven't logged into my Genesis account in months.  Every Friday I tally the daily reports of deposits from Coinbase sitting in my email - which takes about five minutes and arrives at around 80 cents... woohoo!

Z

* I remember some days ... like back in late 2014 where we had some powerful coordinated rallies... where everyone rushed in to buy sell walls.  is that still going on?  Since I started back to work 6 months ago, it's been difficult to keep up.  

tertius993

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:59:51 AM

Z

I'm sure someone is, but really why would you? At the current difficulty you'd just be throwing money away.  Given that you can mine BTC and merge mine as well for the same cost then it seems a no brainer to me.

You know my concern.  We don't need 400 people each owning a quarter percent ... or whatever.  We need like 4000 people trying to accumulate this.  And, I worry that some large holder (Wolong?) is just squeezing every last nickle out of the remaining funds that are in UN... I think to grow this we have to stop undermining each other?  I don't know.  I just catch bits and pieces of conversation here - usually on Fridays like this when I'm counting my BTC, UN, and MZC over a couple of cold ones.  f

Is Genesis set up for merge mining?  I haven't logged into my Genesis account in months.  Every Friday I tally the daily reports of deposits from Coinbase sitting in my email - which takes about five minutes and arrives at around 80 cents... woohoo!

Z

A reasonable concern.  Unfortunately I suspect that by the time you discount the coins on Cryptsy and in the really large wallets that haven't moved in years and are almost certainly lost, plus all the people who have coins in multiple addresses, the likely reality is about 20 people control around half the available supply.

That is in no way sustainable for any meaningful purpose except for pumps and dumps.

Add in the fact that I'm struggling to see any "real" use case for UNO ...
Pages: « 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: