Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:11:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:42:16 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 11:56:38 PM by natmccoy

I guess a good step 1 would be a tool that gives you an easy way to visualice what the current "fair" price for sell and buy orders would be. Make that easier and a human being could start trading those markets without getting their brain all wrecked.

Do you have a program in mind? That would be awesome, a simple website or personal tool that uses API data to convert BTC BID & ASK prices of Cryptopia-traded altcoins to a price in UNO. One input field would be size of order in the ALT (for asks) or UNO (for bids), then it would use a depth calculator similar to what shapeshift does to obtain fair (but profitable) pricing. Another input field could be markup (%profit)

UNOmarketcalculator.uno

Market: FTC (Feathercoin

Order type: Buy [FTC]

Order size: 20 UNO

Markup: 5%

Set a bid price of: 0.00305891

Obviously it would be far inferior to a bot since by the time a human saw that their order was filled the market may have shifted and their arbitrage opportunity may no longer exist. Also, it only takes a few clicks and the windows calculator app to get the fair price, but the included depth calculator would be where major time is saved, and many people wouldn't even want to do the simple 1st step calculations on their own anyway. You're right that it would be a great first step.

That actually sounds like something that Cryptopia themselves should/would implement. They like to add unique peripheral features to their service and this function would help to stimulate activity on their altcoin base markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:32:46 AM

I guess a good step 1 would be a tool that gives you an easy way to visualice what the current "fair" price for sell and buy orders would be. Make that easier and a human being could start trading those markets without getting their brain all wrecked.

Do you have a program in mind? That would be awesome, a simple website or personal tool that uses API data to convert BTC BID & ASK prices of Cryptopia-traded altcoins to a price in UNO. One input field would be size of order in the ALT (for asks) or UNO (for bids), then it would use a depth calculator similar to what shapeshift does to obtain fair (but profitable) pricing. Another input field could be markup (%profit)

UNOmarketcalculator.uno

Market: FTC (Feathercoin

Order type: Buy [FTC]

Order size: 20 UNO

Markup: 5%

Set a bid price of: 0.00305891

Obviously it would be far inferior to a bot since by the time a human saw that their order was filled the market may have shifted and their arbitrage opportunity may no longer exist. Also, it only takes a few clicks and the windows calculator app to get the fair price, but the included depth calculator would be where major time is saved, and many people wouldn't even want to do the simple 1st step calculations on their own anyway. You're right that it would be a great first step.

That actually sounds like something that Cryptopia themselves should/would implement. They like to add unique peripheral features to their service and this function would help to stimulate activity on their altcoin base markets.

Creating a price calculator is something that needs to be done anyway. If you want to create a bot that places automatic orders in UNO/XYZ markets, it needs the understand the value of these two currencies in relation to each other, no different than a human does really. The way to get this understanding is comparing their BTC value. So lets break down the challenges into seperate steps:

1: create module that calculates the current UNO/XYZ baseprice (based on current BTC market rates)
2: create module that checks UNO/XYZ cryptopia markets and alerts user (could also be a bot) to markets that are offering "good deals" (either extremely cheap XYZ or UNO)
3: add filters that limit it to specific markets, not all of these are "worth trading"
4: create a UI for this to make it usable by humans (I guess this part is optional really)
5: create module that also takes market depth into consideration and thus gives more precise information
6: create a module that can use the private Cryptopia API to perform actual trades
7: create an API for this, so a bot can plug in and use it
8: create the bot (or rather adapt an existing bot)

Just a rough breakdown really, feel free to disagree/ignore. The first few steps should be fairly easy and produce something usefull fairly quickly. That's why I broke it down this way. The last few steps will be way harder. Wink

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:23:22 PM

Unobtanium.uno is down due to a ddos attack on our hosting provider.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:34:32 PM

just another day in crypto

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:51:23 PM

maybe https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/ might find interest in accepting UNO Smiley
if not sure coaex is able to ship to the UK no?  Tongue

Yes, we are able to ship to UK. Delivery might take 6-14 days.

well UNO is exchange able for physical in more ways than one
thank you
and you're welcome Smiley

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:08:37 PM

Unobtanium.uno is down due to a ddos attack on our hosting provider.

I was wondering?  Since I no longer get live updates from Cryptsy for my spreadsheet, I check unobtanium.uno daily for updates.  Anyone have a recommendation of where to pull live updates - that won't require a lot of cleanup (read: mad excel skills - I'm just not that patient these days because I use excel all day long at my job)?

Dave J

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:13:33 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 08:37:45 PM by natmccoy

Zelig: I always use: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/unobtanium/#markets

It uses volumes to create a weighted USD and BTC price average.

Coinhill shows some of our other Cryptopia markets, as well as Bleutrade UNO/LTC, and includes them in the volume totals, which is cool. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to calculate a weighted price over all the markets.

https://www.coinhills.com/market/uno/

Zelig

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:55:50 AM

Coinhill shows some of our other Cryptopia markets, as well as Bleutrade UNO/LTC, and includes them in the volume totals, which is cool. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to calculate a weighted price over all the markets.

Thanks, Nat.  I have considered that... I've just been lazy to do the work to parse out "BTC".  I know, it's easy enuff... Maybe tomorrow if I have some time or next weekend.  

Z

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:59:05 AM

Thanks, Nat.  I have considered that... I've just been lazy to do the work to parse out "BTC".  I know, it's easy enuff... Maybe tomorrow if I have some time or next weekend.  

Z

I don't understand, what were you asking for specifically?

Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:33:08 AM

pretty good support at this level.  any lower than this theres just not enough supply of Un

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:22:10 AM

pretty good support at this level.  any lower than this theres just not enough supply of Un

It was a pretty sudden $2,000 burst of buying followed by $800 of support from 0.003-0.0035. Seems like someone's making a move but we're down to $40 24-hour volume now. Judging by all of the order books it does not look like it would be difficult to drive us +30% or +60% (0.005-0.006), but it depends if any holders are planning to exit in that range, I certainly am not.

If someone is initiating an injection of capital to boost our value I'll contribute my atrophied muscles to the task for a while, I've just got to see evidence that someone is indeed trying to move the boulder up the hill  Tongue I've already filled up my burlap sack with UNO printed on the side, and I'm not too keen on investing any more of my precious bitcoin at 0.0042 if we're going to slide down to 0.002.

It would be nice to get some momentum because so many cryptos have surged lately, on Coinmarketcap (the unfiltered, default list) we slipped from #78 to #103 without our market cap falling. A few months ago there were 24 coins with market caps above $1,000,000, now there are 54. I'm not saying that I'm hoping for a P&D, but I feel like we're due for a rise in value (1) after absorbing such a massive portion of supply, (2) the Cryptsy waterfall getting dammed, & (3) because of the current weather where random-ass coins are surging, Fedoracoin just hit $2,000,000 FFS!

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:43:11 AM

bump

great tool ... would like to see more unobtanium.uno market data ... no rush ... maybe a whole other UNO site dedicated to market rates and that transitions to a bot working with the market data (arb stuff) ... but don't want to overload unobtanium.uno with too much information

so might be the best to limit unobtanium.uno market data to top10/top12 exchange markets ... you know simple ... and the other site tries to monitor the other 200 UNO markets

in the meantime 3rd party tools are excellent

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Zelig

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:43:30 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 05:16:07 AM by Zelig

pretty good support at this level.  any lower than this theres just not enough supply of Un

It was a pretty sudden $2,000 burst of buying followed by $800 of support from 0.003-0.0035. Seems like someone's making a move but we're down to $40 24-hour volume now. Judging by all of the order books it does not look like it would be difficult to drive us +30% or +60% (0.005-0.006), but it depends if any holders are planning to exit in that range, I certainly am not.

If someone is initiating an injection of capital to boost our value I'll contribute my atrophied muscles to the task for a while, I've just got to see evidence that someone is indeed trying to move the boulder up the hill  Tongue I've already filled up my burlap sack with UNO printed on the side, and I'm not too keen on investing any more of my precious bitcoin at 0.0042 if we're going to slide down to 0.002.

It would be nice to get some momentum because so many cryptos have surged lately, on Coinmarketcap (the unfiltered, default list) we slipped from #78 to #103 without our market cap falling. A few months ago there were 24 coins with market caps above $1,000,000, now there are 54. I'm not saying that I'm hoping for a P&D, but I feel like we're due for a rise in value (1) after absorbing such a massive portion of supply, (2) the Cryptsy waterfall getting dammed, & (3) because of the current weather where random-ass coins are surging, Fedoracoin just hit $2,000,000 FFS!

I filled up my burlap sack this weekend, too.  You know, payday.  Increased my UN and BTC.  Maybe that (payday for some folks) was the case for the $2,000 burst?  ... Looking at my next support opportunity in two weeks (Friday, 26 Feb).  

I wish we could run some campaign like - 26 Feb - all you shaky hand b's get ready to dump.  Lets close you out.

I said this before and I'll say it again - I remember some awesome evenings back in 2014 when we collectively rushed in to buy sell walls ~ ! (I recall following BitcoinNational's lead)  That was awesome and would love to see it again.  If prompted, I'd be happy to keep my powder dry for such a collective event.  But, I need a little time at present to replenish.  

Z
uMcNfnrRFXWLdgr4wLkeCd4SBNf91XrMvb
udmzwyS5zqdoMGDnqxjLSG66tqarHKdX2a      

Blakesss

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:21:34 AM

The long range chart has started to bend up and it appears to me that the price has stabilized post Cryptsy. Wouldn't be surprized to see the smart money begin to move profit from these recent pumps to undervalued assets like UN.
Zelig

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:27:02 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 07:49:18 AM by Zelig

The long range chart has started to bend up and it appears to me that the price has stabilized post Cryptsy. Wouldn't be surprized to see the smart money begin to move profit from these recent pumps to undervalued assets like UN.

How about Etherium?  Is the dumb money going into there at this point, or what?  Was talking to "Madbitcoins" (https://www.youtube.com/user/madbitcoins) aka Thom, briefly the other evening via FB IM ... he brought up Eth... asked me if I had dumped any money into that? ... he was LOL-ing about it - the likelihood of it crashing soontime.*  

Frankly, I've only observed Etherium peripherally.  I had heard discussion on this YouTube vid or that in the long ago about the young genius behind it and the potential http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/60168692.jpg.  But, it never really fully caught my attention.  I could not at this point tell you what Etherium is or why it should be worth what it is today... I guess if I had a Crypto-tat it would be; "BTC, UNO, and MZC for Life".  Or something**... [At present, in USD - my BTC holding is 10x my UNO holdings, and my UNO holding is 20x my MZC holdings (You do the math***)].  

But, if some folks wanna do a P with no D toward the end of the month (of Feb) and show the world what UNO is all about ... I could get behind that.****

Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Q9zngV52U

P.S.  Yay!  With this post, Bitcoin Forums just upgraded me to Sr. Member.  Four coins.  Go Z ~ !

P.P.S.  IMZ ?

* I think (know) Thom (Madbitcoins) is a crypto monogamist at this point, i.e. BTC.  It's fitting, I think.  

** How about that Kittehcoin? https://kittehcoin.info/  [I have over 400k of those on Cryptsy... wtf was I thinking? (P&D) https://www.minetime.com/attachments/maxresdefault-jpg.15220/]

uMcNfnrRFXWLdgr4wLkeCd4SBNf91XrMvb   
udmzwyS5zqdoMGDnqxjLSG66tqarHKdX2a   

**** Say we all pledge to put a certain amount in regardless of price on X date?  26th Feb works for me (UN Buy Day - first quarter of 2016) (12 days from now, plenty of time to prep), or any day after that.  (Ahh, it would never work.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQI0E1WCLMU)

I'll pledge $25 USD now.  $50 USD if one person pledges to match me at $50 USD.  $75 USD if three people pledge to match me at $75 USD.  $100 for five.  

Vires in Numeris

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:23:54 AM

ill match your 50

also, first 50 iron-on patches for UNO up on cryptopia market.

sold one already today!

Zelig

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:29:27 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 07:54:27 AM by Zelig

ill match your 50

also, first 50 iron-on patches for UNO up on cryptopia market.

sold one already today!

Thank you, Edgar.  I pledge to purchase $50 USD of UN on the 26th.

I'll up to $75 when three people pledge $75.  And $100 at five at $100 each.

Z

UN Pledge Signup Sheet:
Zelig - $50 USD on 26 Feb (Between 8 and 10 PM PST)
Edgar - $50 USD on 26 Feb

Vires in Numeris

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:52:56 AM

I like the intention and the enthusiasm, but it seems like there'd be a better way to do it... The problem is if you get $300 of pledges, someone could just go buy $300-worth Thursday night then sell those same coins at a higher price on Friday (since you're announcing it on a public forum). I guess in that case you could just PM the 'pledgers' & do it another day, then you got the schemer to invest $300 Cheesy

Another problem is that the 'pledger' who buys earliest will get the better deal. It would work if 5 businessmen each pledged to spend $10,000 on Bitcoin, the price might go up $0.10, but with UNO the first person may pay 0.0038 Friday morning and the last person will pay 0.005 Friday night. Then again there's a decent 450 UNO sell wall at 0.0043 so everyone would end up spending about the same.

I think for the pledging idea the optimal solution would be to have someone highly trusted gather the funds and place a buy wall, moving it up gradually if it doesn't fill. They they'd disburse the funds once the wall is sold through.

Sorry, maybe I'm being a buzzkill. Buy power is buy power. I'm too technical all the time  Kiss

Zelig

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:00:21 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 09:20:48 AM by Zelig

I like the intention and the enthusiasm, but it seems like there'd be a better way to do it... The problem is if you get $300 of pledges, someone could just go buy $300-worth Thursday night then sell those same coins at a higher price on Friday (since you're announcing it on a public forum). I guess in that case you could just PM the 'pledgers' & do it another day, then you got the schemer to invest $300 Cheesy

Another problem is that the 'pledger' who buys earliest will get the better deal. It would work if 5 businessmen each pledged to spend $10,000 on Bitcoin, the price might go up $0.10, but with UNO the first person may pay 0.0038 Friday morning and the last person will pay 0.005 Friday night. Then again there's a decent 450 UNO sell wall at 0.0043 so everyone would end up spending about the same.

I think for the pledging idea the optimal solution would be to have someone highly trusted gather the funds and place a buy wall, moving it up gradually if it doesn't fill. They they'd disburse the funds once the wall is sold through.

Sorry, maybe I'm being a buzzkill. Buy power is buy power. I'm too technical all the time  Kiss

Good point.  But, at $50 to $100... ehh.  I'm willing to experiment.  It sure would be a gamble on somebody's side to trust the honesty of all those who pledge.  If it all goes horribly wrong, we'd (I'd) learn something new (about the integrity of this community).  I can gamble a hundred spot if there are others willing to do the same.  

Hell... maybe somebody runs it up... everyone backs out, and I'm the only one buying $100 worth at an inflated price.  What are you gonna get out of me?  A hundred bucks?  ... No skin off my teeth in the long run.  (Hell, put $5 in, put in whatever you're comfortable with on the 26th - UN buy day, 1st quarter 2016)... is it really life or death? - maybe in the long run I own 240,000 worthless UN - ha ha!)

I'd just love to see this community come together for the good of UNO.  I'm in at $50 on the 26th.  At that amount (or even $100) - YOU gotta long way to go to mess up my cost average.  

Frankly, I think most people in this community are good on their word.  And, if there is some crafty person - let them do their best.  Run it up, B.  

No Fear.  We'll take the unaware sellers, unaware...

Z
[Check my numbers, I buy and hold - I'm waiting for/expecting a larger audience.  And, you should do the same. (I'm yours to lose)]

UN Pledge Signup Sheet (shaky hands need not apply):
Zelig - $50 USD on 26 Feb (Between 8 and 10 PM PST)
Edgar - $50 USD on 26 Feb

Vires in Numeris
Support the peeps / the miners and ... kick out the shaky hands.  We've got business to attend to.  I remember when we brought down a sell wall in late 14 and brought the price over 0.01... - someone said, "That's how you make a coin."  (It's somewhere in these 596 pages)

UNO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v0KCoPMTdU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZvOhHF85I

learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:04:57 AM

How about Etherium?  Is the dumb money going into there at this point, or what?  Was talking to "Madbitcoins" (https://www.youtube.com/user/madbitcoins) aka Thom, briefly the other evening via FB IM ... he brought up Eth... asked me if I had dumped any money into that? ... he was LOL-ing about it - the likelihood of it crashing soontime.*  
I think any asset that has gone up 800%+ over a few weeks is a high risk investment obviously. That's hardly something a Bitcoiner can mock though, as BTC has done that many times over now.

Personally I am interested in and have held and traded ETH because I see potential there. I currently hold no position because I expect a little more pullback and consolidation, but I wouldn't even be surprised if it first goes up again before that happens. It really is one of the few contenders that might have a legitimate shot at growing to Bitcoin levels of popularity over time, mostly due to its technology but also due to its popularity (one of the few "altcoin projects" discussed in mainstream media). So while its current price surge might just be a huge pump and dump, it is in many ways deserving of its current #2 position in marketcap IMO.

Back on topic: Good to see some price action and volume in UNO. First time lately that an upwards action in price has stuck and not immediatly been dumped back down. Several long term indicators have started pointing back up again for the first time in over a year now, maybe all the weak hands have finally been bored out of their minds waiting for the UNO reversal and shaken out. Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: