Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 [595] 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:27:54 AM

Love the image BlueMan. I checked you out on Twitter & damn, you've been making UNO imagery since the beginning.

I'm going to put a little more effort into Twitter, a lot of potential there (hopefully I didn't miss out on the glory days, I'm a few years late to the party). I noticed a lot of you guys followed me & I returned the favor, one more thread connecting this awesome group.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 04:00:10 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 05:03:53 AM by BitcoinNational

Thank you to all who run nodes for the Unobtanium network and make Uno stronger. The community appreciates your important contribution.

The future of bitcoin UNO, decentralized ledgers and other blockchain-like projects depends on this community.

Many people call them "Bitcoin UNO Core" as if they are some sort of company you can fire or a random set of developers with skills that you can just train others to acquire. They're not. They're more like artists, scientists and precision engineers who have built a shared culture and language.

Joichi Ito is the Director of the MIT Media Lab and Chairman of the Board of PureTech Health. He is on the board of the Sony Corporation, The New York Times Company and others.

thank you
all

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:45:36 AM

Decently recent UNO blockchain is available for download at CryotoChainer.com.  Thanks so much for those who have donated!
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 12:26:27 PM

Decently recent UNO blockchain is available for download at CryotoChainer.com.  Thanks so much for those who have donated!

Thats an interesting service. I'll add it to the OP. Thanks for letting us know.  Cryptochainer.com

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 04:20:15 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 04:55:26 PM by BitcoinNational

we are still target $1.75 to $2
there is a rather large ASK chunk on offer

if things fall back, then except lots of volatility $1.20-$2.20

suggestion is to hold approx. $2 target and call the show of hand a bluff
turtles run under $1.25 cuz doubt that range is hit
rabbits can test 0.00375000-0.0041 area

having a large sell wall is not a bad thing, just a question of narrowing the spread over time

*straight speculation guesstimation, post any counter ideas, if you seek financial advice consult Janet Yellen
-----

other than that
www.Cryptochainer.com is a neat project kick a few kilos towards it Wink
*duhh! down, but really great service, regularly posts bootstraps, will support if it lives Wink
edit: http://cryptochainer.com/dir/ << try that

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
steve321

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 04:43:46 PM

we are still target $1.75 to $2
there is a rather large ASK chunk on offer

if things fall back, then except lots of volatility $1.20-$2.20

suggestion is to hold approx. $2 target and call the show of hand a bluff
turtles run under $1.25 cuz doubt that range is hit
rabbits can test 0.00375000-0.0041 area

*straight speculation guesstimation, post any counter ideas, if you seek financial advice consult Janet Yellen
-----

other than that
www.Cryptochainer.com is a neat project kick a few kilos towards it Wink
*duhh! down, but really great service, regularly posts bootstraps, will support if it lives Wink

Hi, the site doesn't seem to like the www at the beginning, just use CryptoChainer.com, thanks!
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 09:48:53 PM

Still watching the big Cryptsy UNO wallet
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?202946.htm

42 days, no movement.

I was wondering if there's anyone reading this thread who has Uno stuck on Cryptsy?
Could you PM me and let me know approximately how much you have stuck there?  I would like to try and account for as much of it as I can, and will share cumulative (anonymous) results as I'm able.

I won't hold it against anyone, but I'm still bowled over by how much of Uno was kept off the books at Cryptsy even while the prices there were exceptionally high. It doesn't make sense to me that more Uno wasn't transferred out in the final weeks even as the alarm bells were ringing here.  

15k is just what's in the cold wallet.  I suppose there could be another 1-2k in hot wallets.

PM me if you want to play along.

Nostr:
Craig Swalby

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/cswalby

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 05:38:19 AM

Some Cryptsy UNO wallet(s) speculation: 

How much UNO, if any belongs to Cryptsy (Paul “Big Vern” Vernon)?

And possibility of non-English language speakers/readers with UNO trapped on Craptsy?

I think anyone who had UNO on Cryptsy that was out of communication or on vacation or whatever, by now has learned and understands that Cryptsy exchange is dead... but the wallet(s) lives on. 

Still rare, still fair, it's Unobtanium.
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:04:44 AM

You could also probably message FallingKnife on reddit, slightly easier to create an anonymous throwaway account there. Providing the info anonymously would probably warrant a piece of a screenshot though. I too am interested in the distribution of those funds.

-------------------------

So at Cryptapus' ABE block explorer, I learned that our cumulative UNO days destroyed is 45.45%. I'm embarrassed to admit that after ~10 minutes of searching I'm having a hard time finding the same statistic for bitcoin, but my extremely rough estimate would put it at 55-60%. Does anyone have an opinion on what we can draw based on %CoinDD data? I would assume that if your goal is merchant adoption, high currency velocity & broad distribution then you want a high %CoinDD. If your goal is to have rock-solid holders & rarity then you want a low %. Based on that, I'd like to see our %CoinDD figure decrease over time. Any thoughts?

UNO Age - %CoinDD

859 days - 45.4%

800 days - 47.3%

600 days - 54.0%

400 days - 54.1%

200 days - 41.1%

20 days - 16.9%

I got the above figures from counting days on the windows calculator, changing block # in the Crypto.id URL until I hit the right date, then pasting the block hash number into the cryptap.us URL. (BTW: Did block time used to be 1 minute instead of 3 minutes?)

If there's an easier way to comb through data in the ABE explorer I'd love to know. It would be fun to create a %CoinDD chart & pair it with some other charts (such as value).

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:31:26 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 11:49:56 AM by BitcoinNational

my make ... it all belongs to Cryptsy (Paul “Big Vern” Vernon)
so far none have spoken up, even none English speakers would find their way here to at least ask about Cryptsy

the UNO community was one of the most heads up about the Cryptsy situation as it developed ... and towards the end it was clear to all that Cry was screaming GOX!  (in all languages)  

another dynamic is if it belongs to Vern, it is likely on lock down by Order of a Judge until a combo divorce and bankruptcy case clears it for auction

----
for the OP
https://www.cryptonator.com/rates#UNO  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 12:42:04 PM

my make ... it all belongs to Cryptsy (Paul “Big Vern” Vernon)
so far none have spoken up, even none English speakers would find their way here to at least ask about Cryptsy

the UNO community was one of the most heads up about the Cryptsy situation as it developed ... and towards the end it was clear to all that Cry was screaming GOX!  (in all languages)  

another dynamic is if it belongs to Vern, it is likely on lock down by Order of a Judge until a combo divorce and bankruptcy case clears it for auction  
Nah those are my coins. Wink

j/k but lets be honest, nobody has a clue who those coins belong to. So many alts trapped there and I don't believe for a second everybody except Vern managed to get their coins out. For all we know they could still belong to Wolong, who just didn't bother to clean out his account(s) after he went into hiding.

Either way, as you said that wallet is likely going to remain locked down for at least the duration of the legal actions that are now ongoing. Could be a year or two before those coins return to their rightfull owners or to the open market through an auction...

cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 12:43:55 PM

You could also probably message FallingKnife on reddit, slightly easier to create an anonymous throwaway account there. Providing the info anonymously would probably warrant a piece of a screenshot though. I too am interested in the distribution of those funds.

So at Cryptapus' ABE block explorer, I learned that our cumulative UNO days destroyed is 45.45%. I'm embarrassed to admit that after ~10 minutes of searching I'm having a hard time finding the same statistic for bitcoin, but my extremely rough estimate would put it at 55-60%. Does anyone have an opinion on what we can draw based on %CoinDD data? I would assume that if your goal is merchant adoption, high currency velocity & broad distribution then you want a high %CoinDD. If your goal is to have rock-solid holders & rarity then you want a low %. Based on that, I'd like to see our %CoinDD figure decrease over time. Any thoughts?

UNO Age - %CoinDD

859 days - 45.4%

800 days - 47.3%

600 days - 54.0%

400 days - 54.1%

200 days - 41.1%

20 days - 16.9%

I got the above figures from counting days on the windows calculator, changing block # in the Crypto.id URL until I hit the right date, then pasting the block hash number into the cryptap.us URL. (BTW: Did block time used to be 1 minute instead of 3 minutes?)

If there's an easier way to comb through data in the ABE explorer I'd love to know. It would be fun to create a %CoinDD chart & pair it with some other charts (such as value).

I think you have the idea correct. I admittedly had to look at the code to understand DD%, but I believe it is (coins*their_age)/(total_current_coins*total_current_age) * 100. But basically higher percentage movement means coins are more fluid and lower percentage movement means they are being held. I think it's actually a fairly good metric for bitcoin considering all the spam transactions.

If I recall correctly before v 0.10 by BW, we were badly needing a dev and soopy452000 was tasked with updating UNO. We forked to new code with a 1 min. blocktime for a bit. Not a proud day for UNO and BW returned us to 3 minute block times with v0.10. I don't know exactly how many coins were generated in this way but I believe emission was fairly low by this time... FN might remember more...

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 01:04:00 PM

Welcome to Page 600 of the UNO discussion!

No PM's yet claiming the Cryptsy wallet, except Learminer but I happen to know he has too much common sense to get caught out there.

Does anyone have the ability to go back and pull a Cryptsy volume report?  It would be interesting to know how much uno was ever traded at Cryptsy and do the math vs .01%. That would give us an idea of Uno collected by trade fees. 

If it belongs to BigVern, why wasn't he selling it off like a SOB in the final months?  Too much on his mind? I would think he would at least want to sell it off at market value, or even slightly below market value as a honeypot.  But as it was there was not enough Uno on Cryptsy.

Nostr:
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:37:34 PM

Welcome to Page 600 of the UNO discussion!

No PM's yet claiming the Cryptsy wallet, except Learminer but I happen to know he has too much common sense to get caught out there.

Does anyone have the ability to go back and pull a Cryptsy volume report?  It would be interesting to know how much uno was ever traded at Cryptsy and do the math vs .01%. That would give us an idea of Uno collected by trade fees. 

If it belongs to BigVern, why wasn't he selling it off like a SOB in the final months?  Too much on his mind? I would think he would at least want to sell it off at market value, or even slightly below market value as a honeypot.  But as it was there was not enough Uno on Cryptsy.

Very hard to get accurate numbers, expecially since there's no way to discern which fees were collected in BTC, which in UNO, and wether a market maker like Wolong might have enjoyed no-free trading privileges.

Rough volume was around 700 tons total since late 2013, at 0.2% fees that'd mean ~1.4 tons of UNO as commission max. Like I said, rough estimate, but a far cry from 15 tons.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 12:16:13 AM

UNO Age - %CoinDD

859 days - 45.4%

800 days - 47.3%

600 days - 54.0%

400 days - 54.1%

200 days - 41.1%

20 days - 16.9%

I think you have the idea correct. I admittedly had to look at the code to understand DD%, but I believe it is (coins*their_age)/(total_current_coins*total_current_age) * 100. But basically higher percentage movement means coins are more fluid and lower percentage movement means they are being held. I think it's actually a fairly good metric for bitcoin considering all the spam transactions.

If I recall correctly before v 0.10 by BW, we were badly needing a dev and soopy452000 was tasked with updating UNO. We forked to new code with a 1 min. blocktime for a bit. Not a proud day for UNO and BW returned us to 3 minute block times with v0.10. I don't know exactly how many coins were generated in this way but I believe emission was fairly low by this time... FN might remember more...

The 1st fork (I think it was 2 min blocks?) happened under JacobUX's reign just before the Wolong pump.  Soopy came along and fixed some connection issues the community was having (2014).  Soon thereafter BW stepped in returned the 3 min blocks and added KGW which required a fork.  Last fork of course was the merge mining fork in 2015.

Nostr:
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:27:54 AM

Coinmarketcap.com continues to impress. A few days after sending in a request about this http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/unobtanium/#markets page, they've fixed the Cryptopia UNO/BTC link (it used to direct to the main website, not the actual market), & added the Cryptopia UNO/LTC market.

It hurts my OCD that they didn't add Cryptopia UNO/DOGE & Bleutrade UNO/LTC, but it's fine, we've at least got one LTC & one DOGE market represented.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:15:06 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 05:13:28 AM by BitcoinNational

@natmc
Thanks hurts my OCD too Wink

other market feeds
https://www.cryptonator.com/rates#UNO  
& coinhills

-----

While UNO makes steady improvement towards achieving superior convenience and security, central banks have surrendered a full concession on return, and give UNO an unlikely slogan in the process: 0%. Traditionally, 0% has been used as a teaser rate to attract borrowers. Who knew we would live to see the day when 0% could entice savers?

UNO
0% inflation

-----
SHTF

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:03:02 AM

Nostr:
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:55:35 AM

Mr. UNOchev, tear down this wall!

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:56:09 AM

Turtles it might be wise to run sideways @.004 (that line traces back to Nov.)
Rabbits good job!  I suspect .005 will get tested.  But the better goal is to squeeze the spread and have sizeable walls on both sides of the line Wink  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Pages: « 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 [595] 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: