Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:41:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 [633] 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:43:08 PM

How many of these exchange 'hackers' have been caught? Prosecuted?

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:50:34 PM

Mr. Mintpal was. Coinex could have been caught too if more people would have cared.

Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:06:31 PM

They got Karples (Gox) too, didn't they?

LE has a hard time when you run to a country with no extradition treaty.  That's why Vern is bold.  A big bag holder is gonna just have to go to China and whack him.  Easy to whack people in Asia.  Human life has less value than a Neucoin.

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:11:43 PM

Ermigawd i forgot all about Vericoin and their infamous roll back. Hahaha sometimes i forget why i tread lightly in cryptopia.

Good news is that rolling back the chain totally saved Vericoin. /sarc

What was Kennedy convicted of? I know the recent posting said he might wind up serving jail time for all the raping he was doing but i would imagine him being the one being raped if he was where he should be.

So far Ulbricht is the only name that every really comes up for me when i search for conviction and crypto.

balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:18:36 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2016, 03:11:29 PM by balu2

Mr. Sallah to his boss: "Sir, it appears we lost all the funds. But we have some UNO at bittrex left - of which we sadly can't prove ownership because we can't make sense of this data. Ah, yes and we still have these 100 billion penny cents coins which we also first have to find out what they are worth. Yes, Sir, we're working on it, Sir. Our best source of information is bitcointalk forum. Can't go wrong! We're hoping we can keep the lights on with those colossuscoin in the meantime."

Roll Eyes    Tongue

He doesn't know yet: he likely can't even pay himself with the leftovers. That's one epic fail. He'd better follow those BTC to the exchanges quick, but he appears to be behind the curve once again.

----

On a more serious note: when/if the 15k wallet goes on auction i'd suggest to make a community-bid where everyone could chip in as much as he/she wanted into a pot. Knife could collect that and make a combined offer from the community and then distribute to us in relation what people payed for the pot. That way we could be sure no other cheapskate gets the best bid. I'm saying because 15k is a lot to stomack for a single person. I couldn't do it.
I think that method is quite elegant. Random outsiders who only want a few could also come in and get a share of the action this way.
If we knew it could be working that way there would be a lot less uncertainty in the market.
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:10:16 PM

It is scary to know someone could control that much of the supply, but on the same token, what if that is what it took for Uno to take off? What if one of substantial means would have no interest unless they were able to control such a portion? That maybe they would have some type of game plan and would feel more comfortable knowing that their contributions would be more worthwhile holding more stake.

Combining efforts to be able to purchase it as a community is not a bad idea.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:22:58 PM

What makes a coin valuable? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1452779

n0ob ask a fair and good question

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 05:51:46 PM

Yes, the re-integration of the Cryptsy UNO is an unresolved issue.
We know that 15K Cryptsy UNO are on Bittrex and frozen by the court after this community took action to notify them and Bittrex, and we have offered up proof.

If the court can't give this Uno back to it's rightful owners:
a) they will likely sell it in an orderly way, either by private bid or on the exchange, and probably allow holders to submit a claim to the court.
b) it will probably just sit there indefinitely at Bittrex until one day it's hacked and liquidated.   That seems to happen occassionally in cryptoland.

I was told that I would be contacted when a strategy for liquidating the Uno wallet was decided. I hope they will keep that promise and that we'll have a week or so to pull together a community offer.   

I told him upfront that the community would like to post an offer for that 15K uno wallet. If/when that day comes, I'll let you know and we can figure out what we are capable of offering as a community.

We might be waiting for a long time yet. We can see it and watch it closely for now.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 06:18:04 PM

We know that 15K Cryptsy UNO are on Bittrex and frozen by the court after this community took action to notify them and Bittrex, and we have offered up proof.

a) they will likely sell it in an orderly way, either by private bid or on the exchange, and probably allow holders to submit a claim to the court.
b) it will probably just sit there indefinitely at Bittrex until one day it's hacked and liquidated.   That seems to happen occassionally in cryptoland.

I was told that I would be contacted when a strategy for liquidating the Uno wallet was decided. I hope they will keep that promise and that we'll have a week or so to pull together a community offer.   

I told him upfront that the community would like to post an offer for that 15K uno wallet. If/when that day comes, I'll let you know and we can figure out what we are capable of offering as a community.

We might be waiting for a long time yet. We can see it and watch it closely for now.

If/when that time comes, you should all be collecting funds in a multi-sig wallet with at least 2 controlling unrelated parties. This is exactly the type of use-case multisig was invented for.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 07:18:04 PM

If/when that time comes, you should all be collecting funds in a multi-sig wallet with at least 2 controlling unrelated parties. This is exactly the type of use-case multisig was invented for.

Ok.  If/when that time comes, I will be dialing 1-800-Cryptapus

Nostr:
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 07:25:12 PM

Ok.  If/when that time comes, I will be dialing 1-800-Cryptapus

OK, I'll know to forward that call directly to https://electrum.org Smiley

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 01:50:46 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2016, 02:56:21 AM by BitcoinNational

lolz

---
random
600kg (1300lb) of Roman coins found in Spain / http://imgur.com/gallery/J2bwc
Construction workers in Spain (near Seville) just found a hidden stash of bronze and silver coins from the 3rd-4th century BC.
less UNO than #coins found in this 1700 yr. old stash, and yes UNO might make it to the year 3777 and beyond  Cool

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 03:52:37 AM

Silver just hit 17.70$ today, up from 14$ this year. In case you didn't have it on the radar.  Wink
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:37:59 PM

Silver just hit 17.70$ today, up from 14$ this year. In case you didn't have it on the radar.  Wink

Good lookin out! I remember looking at shit to toss my money into in my ira last september and seeing that metals were doing so so so bad, down like 45% for the ytd and like -35% for the 5 year. Glad i went in then  Grin Time to check and see how that is doing.

Uno seems to be stabilizing a bit which is nice. Upset that i missed that dumpage but my low ball bid is still up there in hopes Tongue

gustav

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:06:37 PM

Silver just hit 17.70$ today, up from 14$ this year. In case you didn't have it on the radar.  Wink

Good lookin out! I remember looking at shit to toss my money into in my ira last september and seeing that metals were doing so so so bad, down like 45% for the ytd and like -35% for the 5 year. Glad i went in then  Grin Time to check and see how that is doing.

Uno seems to be stabilizing a bit which is nice. Upset that i missed that dumpage but my low ball bid is still up there in hopes Tongue

Vern has sold. He was the only reason we went down. I understand the 15k-wallet is locked up. Otherwise i can't see anyone on the blockchain reducing their size. I think the only direction is up from this price.  Wink
But don't take my word for it. I know as good as you do.

edit: just hoping the 2k wallet isn't Vern anymore...
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:09:23 PM

Very good looking. Last I bought silver it was low $13 something. Probably be a fall dip again, buy then.
gustav

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:12:51 PM

Very good looking. Last I bought silver it was low $13 something. Probably be a fall dip again, buy then.

The FED will do their best to shake the tree but ultimately it goes to new ATH imo.
Holding some for the longterm won't hurt, i think. Just my 2 cents.
DragoStefan

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:14:10 PM

Can we get back the uno's from cryptsy that was sent on to bittrex? to claim them back or something?
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 09:55:14 PM

Can we get back the uno's from cryptsy that was sent on to bittrex? to claim them back or something?

Hi DragoStefan,
There has not been any word from the Crytpsy administrator about returning the UNO back to owners.  I hope it will happen soon.

If you have any evidence of your claim against Cryptsy, of course keep it safe and organized. 
In lieu of any other option, you could always send a letter directly to the Cryptsy conservator, James Sallah, and present your claim, http://www.sallahcox.com/james-d-sallah-esq.html

You may be able to join one of  the class actions against Cryptsy
http://www.coindesk.com/class-action-lawsuit-filed-digital-currency-exchange-cryptsy/

Other than that, we are all just waiting to find out what happens next to that 15,000 Un wallet.

More background on recent events, for the uninformed.
http://bitcoinist.net/cryptsy-funds-has-moved-to-a-bittrex-wallet/

Nostr:
gustav

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:22:28 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 12:40:34 AM by gustav

Just been reading the comment from knife on last page. If it wasn't Vern buying that 6k but someone else and our theories about Vern are wrong, then this guy had unfortunate timing with the cryptsy-wallet causing FUD in the market and lots of shorting. I'd recommend to such a larger buyer to buy in more slowly next time. Can't push the market up 5 times in a day and expect it to stick. People who wanting in for several tons need to take the slow train in such a small marketcap imo. Also Uno is pretty cleared from btc-lovers after all the years. Rising btc does not automatically cause heavy selling in Uno like it may be with other coins. At least that would be my estimate. Better luck next time, if it wasn't Vern.

edit: remember, guys? 2014/2015 bulllmarket in Uno was 11 months duration. That has never been seen in crypto anywhere else. Also this time there isn't a hardfork scheduled. I think it's looking good, now that the stealing Vermin is hiding in some china-ghettos without any Uno left. Best case scenario we can even buy the 15k off market so it desn't make waves. I think it's looking pretty good for 2016. I'm optimistic.
Pages: « 1 ... 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 [633] 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: