Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:45:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:32:09 AM

or should we blame UNO itself for the lack of news and topics to discuss  Huh
Haha true. Yeh there's not that much to discuss I guess. Negotiations with James Cameron about making UNO the official currency of his new movie trilogy are stalling. The lack of a premine is turning him off. Also he wants to make us the currency of the corporations, but we're all in team blue, so NAH! Wink

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:29:03 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2016, 11:41:16 AM by BitcoinNational

market spec.
doge looks primed to hit a top, had more vol than LTC today.
UNO is top pair for both LTC and Doge markets, down in the NZ exchange, which is nice!

advise to learn/watch the relationship between LTC-Doge markets then add UNO into the mix.

we might missout capitalizing on this coming run up, but we are learning still, plan on going big on the next wave (would guess 10-13 months from now) .. but right now I would say it is low risk to assume $big money profit takers moving from the BTC/ETH/ETC tables to low hanging fruit ... LTC/DOGE for the next 7-10 days.

again this is just market spec.

reposting here>> Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Speculation (Altcoins)

[UNO] price per kilo <<guess-o-matic >>
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1577545.0

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
zyzzyvas

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:35:03 PM

New to the forums. Been interested in this crypto for quite some time now, took the plunge finally and bought some recently.

I've read almost half the posts/pages so far to educate myself on UNO. I'm attracted to the rarity of this currency and can see it rebounding. Do you think there's an inverse relationship between UNO and BTC? We've seen BTC crushing it the past 12 months (almost x3?) and UNO has been depressed. But why has it fallen to almost $1? Thoughts?
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:37:59 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2016, 11:02:56 AM by BitcoinNational

market spec.

UNO will be a reserve currency.
actually is just that, already.  still under the radar.   Cool

this differs from store of value, but UNO can be both SoV & RC Wink

---
@zyzzyvas

welcome!  looks like you've done your homework.  
yes there always seemed to be an inverse relationship between UNO and BTC.
i thought the market would take more notice.  but so many black swans events this year ...

1. cryptsy fiasco
2. ETH going to the moon
3. ETH spliting in 2
4. tons of junk coins (mostly out of yobit) piling on top of UNO in terms of market cap
5. most heavy factoid >> BTC reward halving and the long run from $200s to $700s

So yes UNO has slipped from the limelight and thus the market seems to utilize $TET as the counter balance to BTC ...

BUT! ... then bitfinex just happened ... and  $TET is basically an in house (controlled) bitfinex product ... so that product ... fixed pegs to the $usd ... is likely a stuck pig ... and will fail just like nubits.  https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4wvtpw/warning_tether_usdt_poloniex_bitfinex_hack/

So UNO stands in line to regain ... 'anti-BTC' reputation.

The tricky part is that UNO is like a peg but not a fixed peg.
Thus; it is more sticky to $usd price than to the BTC price.
... plus there is a hint of precious metals backing the price of UNO too ... most of the strong hands tend to be 'sound' money guys ... so there is that too ... this is the basket of commodities theory. IMZ concept

TLDR;

Yes, UNO was functioning as a fair inverse product to trade into if BTC was in the red.  You could see that pattern developing back in the Cryptsy days.

Since then (tons of crypto craziness) but UNO spent that time expanding our market base to +100 trading pairs and a half dozen exchange houses.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
zyzzyvas

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:58:34 PM

Oh, I realize that this currency is different from the others. I love that it's more of a storage unit than liquid, even though it could be thought of as both. Also, by design it's more immune to inflation than anything else I've seen out there.

However, I've been reading about it's history and was curious what the community perceives the next steps of UNO. This has to be close to the floor of it (0.002). I know in late '14 the talk was about it pushing through 0.01 and hopefully to 0.012 (FK?) and beyond. Will it ever rebound to this? Is it stagnant because of perception of crypto as a whole or because it's not the new and shiny coin anymore? Either way I see UNO as still very viable and will continue to invest in it.
zyzzyvas

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:05:24 PM

I was luckily not affected by Bitfinex  Undecided. What happened there is a travesty, I mean the way it was handled. Just horrible.

I just have used Bleu and Bittrex to trade UNO. In the past I know there was a network on trading on-line here, but it seems like that 100-page topic is defunct now. Is there any platform in place where UNO trading is done now? I would be interested. Also, why aren't escrow services in place as a fixture? It would be so simple to set up. I tried a few times with BTC, but I just said to hell with it, way too cumbersome.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:31:26 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2016, 03:51:33 PM by BitcoinNational

re: why aren't escrow services in place as a fixture? It would be so simple to set up.

Trust none.  The only secure hand to hold your BTC is in your own hand.  

BTC has got a big problem with custodial key masters.
You can't be the most liquid if you allow the main exchanges to keep $100s of Millions in blackboxes often looted by foxes.

The ALTs offer a possible solution ... called ... diversification / decentralization.

also see localbitcoins/bitsquare projects, then next in line are the DAO/DAC managed DEX platforms but they will only offer 'virtual' pegged tokens so sticky wickets likely to take 12-24 months to establish themselves Wink

---

re: there was a network on trading on-line here, but it seems like that 100-page topic is defunct now.
No not defunct, just evolved into the UNO base pair market, so redundant it is to attempt OTC, however as solid trade pairs develop we likely can test out Community2Community managed OTC swap trading .. so back to the p2p spirit of OTC in the future.  And the tech has already advanced to facilitate some thing EZ'r and with better fail safes, but the old OTC was a successful field test.

---

re: late '14 the talk was about it pushing through 0.01 and hopefully to 0.012

Well now you're getting into tales from the battle front Wink

UNO is a very light product to pump.  And we (the community) discovered that you could hold support levels and push them up the field with easy ... because most the other coins had heavy inflation that crushed any attempts to raise the price support levels.

And UNO is/was an open community, so while others charged 1-5 BTC to be a member of a 'secret' pump group.  UNO pushed the price up very transparently.  

UNO community was learning via trail by live fire, and we learned about the sharks and dumperinos.   Build a wall and they will smash it!  (lessons learned)

So the fix for that was having a reserve of BTC always on hand.  LOL ... try managing that as a community ... and yet we kind of did ... but pegging the price of UNO to BTC is a hazard.  Most relevant, to today, is the need to put community BTC on an exchage to defend the price ... just imagine what will happen to those top shelf coins doing 1000BTC on Polo if they get GoX'd!

How the heck will this crypto experiential strangelands trip turn out?  Don't know just yet, but for me the UN is square one, and helps you see the bigger picture in higher definition.

We are turtles around here.  There's no rush to the top.  UNO community has been checking all the angles, twice, at at times thrice.

Best Advise.
Learn all about the crypto markets, trade with skepticism for anything that pops up to quickly, and keep storing your earned value in UNO.

ps ... if your are green and cutting your teeth ... https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange ... for rapid grasp of whos who and what is what ;]

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:24:55 PM

However, I've been reading about it's history and was curious what the community perceives the next steps of UNO. This has to be close to the floor of it (0.002). I know in late '14 the talk was about it pushing through 0.01 and hopefully to 0.012 (FK?) and beyond. Will it ever rebound to this? Is it stagnant because of perception of crypto as a whole or because it's not the new and shiny coin anymore? Either way I see UNO as still very viable and will continue to invest in it.

i think when we were pushing through .01 BTC was down in the $300s (?) so its all relative.  the market fluctuates and though we're an old altcoin, that still means there's not a lot of historical evidence to make any legitimate predictions.  we truly are sailing through uncharted waters.  welcome aboard!

as for the next steps?  place buy orders, save some, trade some, chit-chat & post memes with the homies. 
feel free to toss out any thoughts or ideas you may have  Cool

oh but just so u are warned: UNO can be addictive/habit-forming  Tongue

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 09:00:52 PM

It looks like UNO is poised for a big rebound. You can hardly find any below 003.
Less than 3 Btc puts Uno back at 005.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:23:58 PM

I saw bigjohnson of netcoin having good things to say about UNO in the topia trollbox today..

Them forks banned me for a day for trying to tell them what is going on recently with UNB though..

Man topia is great but they can be dicks..

Just stopping by to say hi.. Long live UNO..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Kingn56

Merit: 508

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:54:02 PM

It looks like UNO is poised for a big rebound. You can hardly find any below 003.
Less than 3 Btc puts Uno back at 005.

Indeed, other then that 200UNO order someone has at 0.0024 their is not much holding it back. But their is also nto much in the way of buy orders either.. so this is a bit of a risky time.

I saw bigjohnson of netcoin having good things to say about UNO in the topia trollbox today..

Them forks banned me for a day for trying to tell them what is going on recently with UNB though..

Man topia is great but they can be dicks..

Just stopping by to say hi.. Long live UNO..

Yea lol, although Cryptopia is a lovely place some of the trump supporting mods are a bit heavy handed with the ban hammer. lol.

Hopefully you come back to the chat though. we need more people like you. Also, Chat is much more relaxed at night. when fairlady, saddam and hex are around. Tongue
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 01:10:43 AM

Yeah, Cryptopia is a great exchange, horribly moderated. Oh well.  I've seen worse, and they love Uno as much as we do.

Nostr:
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:55:03 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2016, 12:14:06 AM by BitcoinNational

I wouldn't say, horribly moderated.  But the ban hammer does come down swiftly in the troll box.  Consider it a time out to trade instead wasting time doing FUD or Hype (HUS) Wink

El Español and Russian is often spoken there in the trollbox, so nice global reach already!

Also nice, UNO did +100kg last 24hrs in alt pair trading.  May seem like small change, but in fact demonstrates that a significant % of UNO is traded daily, also the range of pairs traded might make UNO the third most popular trade pair in terms of participants.  LTC, XMR, DOGE see to care little in community development of their base pair market ... in fact LTC appears to be a very non-existent community, more astroturf and celebrity than actual substance.   And UNO is basically analogous to Doge, both AUX MM tech, UNO is attached to the greater chain, $9000M vs. $200M, give or take, also such less inflation ... woof!

---
@eddie13
Hello!  And welcome  Grin maybe

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Kingn56

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:09:14 PM

Looks like we are finally breaking out of the downtrend from the whale dumps, As-long as no more dumps things look like they are going UP. Smiley
eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:27:29 PM

Hopefully you come back to the chat though. we need more people like you.

That's not very nice..

Kingn56

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:45:28 PM

Hopefully you come back to the chat though. we need more people like you.

That's not very nice..

When you spam the same thing over and over again that's what happens, lol.
If anything I saved you from getting banned again.
eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:02:15 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2016, 09:14:31 PM by eddie13

When you spam the same thing over and over again that's what happens

Don't you lie.. I didn't repeat anything...

It's none of your business if I bust those mods balls for indiscriminately banning people..

EDIT:

Ok, we are cool...

Kingn56

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:52:18 PM

When you spam the same thing over and over again that's what happens

Don't you lie.. I didn't repeat anything...

It's none of your business if I bust those mods balls for indiscriminately banning people..

EDIT:

Ok, we are cool...

If you are trying to troll me or make me mad you are failing miserably, lol.
Taking my message out of context and posintg only three words of it. funny. enjoy another day ban. LOL
But I've ignored you Here and on Topia so go ahead and troll as much as you want.  Grin Grin
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 04:24:36 AM

The games I maintain at https://cryptap.us/uno/dice have an update. I noticed that they don't get a lot of traffic so it is possible that I could create a "secret key" immediately before I published it that matched all the past results for the day, thus allowing me to cheat. I now post a sha512 hash of the "secret key" that you can save before you play and can be used in the proof to confirm that I'm not monkeying with the games.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 07:11:28 PM

Here's a CoinDesk article on the Cryptsy situation.

http://www.coindesk.com/cryptsy-ceo-millions-digital-currency-steal/

Unobtanium actually got a tiny mention:

Sallah wrote:

"After several verbal and written discussions with Bittrex, including several comprehensive sets of tracing analyses regarding the coins that Bittrex had frozen, Bittrex agreed to transfer the frozen coins, which including Unobtainium, Archcoin, Digibyte, Netcoin, Positron, Startcoin and Uro, that were traceable back to Cryptsy to me."

--
We did a lot of work to keep those coins away from Paul Vernon.  I hope we get some news soon about the fate of that 15K Uno wallet that we helped to save.
Because Vernon comingled the coins, including Uno, into large wallets, and because the ownership database was destroyed, its not likley that the UNO will be returned directly to the original owners. That would be a shame, after all the work the community did.

I imagine there will probably be a period where people will have a chance to try and prove their ownership of crypto assets, and then the remainder will be auctioned off, or sold to a single large bidder.

Nostr:
Pages: « 1 ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: