Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:45:04 PM

Un Developer Blazr2 did an interview with Theo Goodman of Sound Wallet.  Go grab a beer, make yourself comfortable and check it out!  Jump ahead to 4 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyaLwfJbV_k&feature=youtu.be

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:24:52 AM

@ Bitcoin National: I sure dig what you're theorising about 'good' and 'bad' speculation -- it is what my 'Mr. Smith Project' is about. And overall: big (pay-the-rent) sells on Un-Ex, sky-high transactional volume, community action to stymie any disruptive trading -- and a policy on the number/type of exchanges (I really have a lot to learn about this).

@ Project 117: an Uno-nly Mining Enterprise: IndiaMikeZulu will support this extensively!

@ Learminer: thanks for the graphics. Go, you!

@ V500: can I add to your theory?: we are seein' it at this very second: crap coins are failing at launch; price-independence is a growing consciousness; and it's clear that Sound Basics can trump Loads of Hi-Tech Add-ons.

m
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:58:53 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 01:24:32 AM by V500

Un Developer Blazr2 did an interview with Theo Goodman of Sound Wallet.  Go grab a beer, make yourself comfortable and check it out!  Jump ahead to 4 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyaLwfJbV_k&feature=youtu.be

great interview. I think he doesn't realize it himself a lot how his own mindset towards coins is a professional one. Great stuff. Blazr2 a virtuose about coins exactly what i anticipated. Thanks for posting.

@ V500: can I add to your theory?: we are seein' it at this very second: crap coins are failing at launch; price-independence is a growing consciousness; and it's clear that Sound Basics can trump Loads of Hi-Tech Add-ons.

totally agree. I prefer a well thought out, fair coin with no premine, good hash, great community and a layout for centuries any day over a premined bait and switch pseudo-innovative unstable hip-for-a-week-coin with a wallet crashing on you and hardfork twice a month.  Wink

Coins hardforking a lot can't be adopted by the masses because people don't want to mess with that. Simple as that.

The ideal coin for wide adoption is not premined, scarce (low supply and inflation), secured with hash and reliable to use. Well, here you got that coin and people with some foresight are gathering Wink

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:45:45 AM

i deleted the shaved bear. Apologies. Was maybe a bit strong.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
brookefinancial

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:50:37 AM

i deleted the shaved bear. Apologies. Was maybe a bit strong.

LOL I had a good laugh there. It's true that the price is acting very positively.

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:13:27 AM

to Uranus!

Uranus Symbolic Meanings

Art
Science
Eccentricity
Change
Invention
Revolution
Surprise
Originality
Sexual drive
Awakening
Non-conformity
Inspiration
Shock value
Self-Expression

Uranus is associated with Platin too, so maybe the Uran-wallet isn't that bad after all. Am i tripping again?
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:51:53 AM

Truth to tell:

who knows that Bitcoin's share of total crypto-cap fell to 75% during The Big Spike? BTC-altcoin ratio is my favourite metric. It was steady steady at 94/6 for months after the April inflection.

But it's rising now. BTC's share is just over 90% today. Let's keep an eye on it.

M
gustav

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:55:29 AM

Truth to tell:

who knows that Bitcoin's share of total crypto-cap fell to 75% during The Big Spike? BTC-altcoin ratio is my favourite metric. It was steady steady at 94/6 for months after the April inflection.

But it's rising now. BTC's share is just over 90% today. Let's keep an eye on it.

M

that is some great observation.

And the best part is: shitcoins are dumped, finally!
Been waiting for this turn a long time now. Hope the markets will now be more rational again.
gustav

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:09:38 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 10:31:14 AM by gustav

this coin is incredibly scarce. On bittrex alone you have been trading 9 days of new coins last 24h. You can't buy this many coins every day on one exchange alone because if you do demand outstrips supply many times.  Tongue

If you compared it coin-wise to bitcoin you traded uno with higher volume today than bitcoin was on all usd-markets combined on bittrex alone.

What i say is:
Bitcoin: 3600 new coins a day. Tradevolume on all usd-exchanges today: 5400 btc - so a bit less than 2 days of new coins was traded across all usd-markets (stamp, btc-e, coinbase, finex) according to bitcoinwisdom.
Uno: 30 coins a day. 280 coins on trex in 24h traded. More than 9 days of new coins.
Well, you do the math.

edit: cryptsy: approx. 3 days , coinbroker: 1 day, mintpal approx 3 days.

So demand/tradevolume outstripped supply on new coins today by 16 times! Yes, 16 or more!

(and we didn't even get started)

Uno is totally nuts if you look at it this way.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:39:16 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 10:54:53 AM by BitcoinNational

@ gustav .... BOO YAH!

newcoinissues vs. coinstraded

Bitcoin: 3600 / 5400
UNO:  30 / 280

great metric ... UNO is x10 and BTCx1.5

250 UNO must be bought from HODL'rs ... sellers market ... perhaps forever given the math.

------------------------------------
side note on Uranus ... mythic ... Zeus's grandfather ... Saturn's father ... the original Lord of the Sky made sweet love to mother Earth.
------------------------------------

QuestionoftheDay ... What are the store of value or reserve currency of these magic internet monies?  The coins with very low inflation and a secure network. (Ignore 'fair'/'rare')

I can think of Zeta, infiniti, Quark, Doge, CGB, RZR, and UNO.  Which others am I missing?

(reason :: know thy competition)

In the big picture many things make UNO a good coin.  But the BIG central point is low inflation/base money supply.  that puts UNO in a unique class of sound money supply.  New 'smart money' investors will get that concept right off.  

Keywords:  

store of value
the internet's reserve currency
low inflation
fixed money supply

others?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
gustav

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:44:58 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:08:28 AM by gustav

@ gustav .... BOO YAH!

Bitcoin: 3600 / 5400  (on all usd-markets combined)
UNO:  30 / 280  (on bittrex alone)

we could be tracking those numbers and also compare to other alts to help people understand what the deal is with unobtanium.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 11:53:04 AM

@ gustav .... BOO YAH!

Bitcoin: 3600 / 5400  (on all usd-markets combined)
UNO:  30 / 280  (on bittrex alone)

we could be tracking those numbers and also compare to other alts to help people understand what the deal is with unobtanium.

I love this idea! It's an interesting metric for traders and helps them understand a coin's true demand and it's potential as a store of value.
I could envision a website like coinmarketcap.com springing up to rank coins in this manner. The data is all there on the explorers and exchanges.

Nostr:
gustav

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:55:54 AM

how about implementing that into the unobtanium.uno page?

Take a few popular altcoins + btc + ltc

most have  fixed number of new coins. Volume on exchanges is also possible to track. I could imagine that could be displayed in realtime and fully automated. I wouldn't know how to do it but sure one of you guys has the skills for it.

I think 'new coins issued in 24h/7days/30days' vs 'coins traded 24h/7days/30days' is a good indicator which people will come to love when trading coins. Correct?

That indicator is also a strength of uno. I'd think uno will beat them all at any time.  

I had the perception only very few people were able to extract this from the specs. With such a tracker/ticker/indicator it would be much more visible to everyday people.

LOL. If that gains traction in the end they all sell their bitcoin for uno and uno replaces bitcoin Cheesy

please, someone has to create that ticker! Uno can compete directly with bitcoin. It's real!
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 11:57:22 AM

UNO will be listed on Altmarket.com, paired with BTC, RZR and XDQ.

Nostr:
gustav

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:06:14 PM

well, uno is the only coin out there at this time that could dethrone bitcoin if you think about it. Let's not be too crazy about it to annoy people, but really, uno doesn't compete with litecoin only, it competes with bitcoin itself since said indicator (new coins per day vs traded coins) will also be of tremendous help for traders and after some time it'll become very clear that Uno is THE SUPREME STORE OF VALUE since demand will pretty much always outstrip supply from now on.

Crazy?
Maybe.

But this is not even hype. It is cold, hard numbers.

Please feel free to develop on that idea of the indicator. It's OS and not copyrighted of course Wink Do with the idea what you want.
I'll be tracking it manually from now on until we have it automated in some way. I'll write you a table every now and then.
gustav

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:33:34 PM

now btc drops due to too high inflation and/or too slow adoption. Uno could make its priceindependence now. There is nothing holding it back, really. It can go Top 10 over night once people start to see what was pointed out during the last two pages here in the thread.

I'll be back tomorrow. Looking forward to your comments.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:44:00 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:25:06 PM by sirsmokesalot

well, uno is the only coin out there at this time that could dethrone bitcoin if you think about it. Let's not be too crazy about it to annoy people, but really, uno doesn't compete with litecoin only, it competes with bitcoin itself since said indicator (new coins per day vs traded coins) will also be of tremendous help for traders and after some time it'll become very clear that Uno is THE SUPREME STORE OF VALUE since demand will pretty much always outstrip supply from now on.

Crazy?
Maybe.

But this is not even hype. It is cold, hard numbers.

Please feel free to develop on that idea of the indicator. It's OS and not copyrighted of course Wink Do with the idea what you want.
I'll be tracking it manually from now on until we have it automated in some way. I'll write you a table every now and then.

When i think of Uno i think of it as a cold storage type thing at times. A place where you can keep your digital riches, without worry about them losing value due to being dumped down into oblivion by someone who wants the new pair of jordans or something. I have my riches, i store that in uno, cash out an uno into something like bitcoin and such. Like a mutual fund, the way the individuals handle the money contained within the fund, not so much what the fund does. You have your bank account, then you have money in your pocket. Beyond your bank you hopefully have other tools for savings, 401ks, iras, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, bullion. Illiquid type holdings. I see Uno like that in the landscape of my crypto portfolio.

That is how i believe we break our "competition" with bitcoin. We aren't competing to be the most accepted currency. We should be working to be the most stable, which i think we are. The limited supply of coins really should allow "the powers to be" (us, the people who really care about the coin) to control the market better than most of the markets out there. We are stable in code as well as value. The only real issue is a 51% attack. At the current time not an issue. If the value of the coin does sky rocket, even shorting someone .5 uno could make it worth while to hijack the network. That is why i believe there was mention made of merged mining. Needs to be done imho.

The only thing that could possibly happen to prevent the need for it is if the value sky rockets to the point where it is worth while for people to keep mining for the minimum rewards. Who would the coin merge with? I am guessing it would be a Wiener coin in the sha flavor. Now that the cat is out of the bag on that one, i do expect to hear a littttttle bit more on the topic in the future.

So the hash rate, and the fact that 25% of the mined coins are sitting in one wallet. Those are the only TWO issues uno has imo. One of which is an issue we can't do much about, the 25% of coins in the "cryptsy" wallet. Which just because we know it is an exchange wallet, doesn't mean we know how many different people all those coins belong to. It could just be 10 people, 9 with 100 coins and the rest going to one dude. It is purely speculation. It could be 25k people with one uno each. Doubt that though. So i speculate for the worst, thinking they all belong to one person and that person could be waiting to dump at any second. Plan for the worst but expect the best. At least it is how i roll. Won't be caught off guard as easily that way. Realistically, the truth most likely lies in the middle of the two extremes. Good luck finding it though  Roll Eyes

I had the perception only very few people were able to extract this from the specs. With such a tracker/ticker/indicator it would be much more visible to everyday people.

I never thought of looking at those numbers even though it makes tons of sense! Shocked Nice work! It would be awesome to see that number on the Uno page.

Ahh i am illuminated! Such a simple way to find out the demand, beautiful!

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
gustav

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:56:17 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:19:24 PM by gustav

one more comment: the absolute beauty of this constelation is that it is totally no biggy for all the mininginfrastructure on bitcoin moving to uno in a matter of days.
NO BIG DEAL! SHA256!
If people come to realize it is fact that the inflation on btc is too high or the adoption too slow (which ever you choose) things can go fast.

Mind you: uno has no huge satoshi-wallet which is an additional plus, it is low in price (lot of profits to be had), and it is faster, PLUS the blockchain is not so big right now.
WOW

There are totally no barriers for a transition besides the mental ones some people will have of course.

The only disadvantage of a switch is the turmoil in the crypto-community it could potentially cause if things go too fast. Other than that i can only see advantages. But since it can easily rise for a long, long time everybody will win in the end.

Uno is really bitcoin on steroids. And you do not even have to preach it like a cult. All you need to do is point people to the deam' supply/demand indicator and they'll see it themselves. Not much explanation and preaching needed. Hard numbers.
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:35:05 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 04:48:21 PM by Benefactor

The Blue Crypto Award Update

Good morning, everyone!  I'm pleased to announce history was made, yesterday, on Unobtanium's rockchain's (blockchain's) block #488834, as someone (wasn't me) voted for Hal Finney.  This was the 1st vote ever cast in a public vote on a single blockchain in Human history.  As blockchain voting is the future, this may not seem like much, but it is truly spectacular, when you view the big picture.

Everyone can review the rockchain and see what the votes are.  No longer can votes or elections be fudged.  While our public vote for The Blue Crypto Award is crude, and doesn't necessarily guard against something like vote-stuffing, future methods and innovation will easily take care of this, and will likely even still allow anonymity, as desired.  In our particular case, the crude method is fine, since each nominee deserves the award.

If you haven't done so already, please consider voting.

Thank you.

-

P.S.  If you were the one who voted 1st, yesterday, please come forward and tell us.  I am honored to wholeheartedly thank you.  You might not realize how awesome that truly was.  One might even argue that the concept of blockchain voting is even bigger than something like Bitcoin.

-

Discussions on The Blue Crypto Award thread.  Thanks!  (link here.)

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

hemeras

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:37:51 PM

a lot of talking about uno but no action !! people please , buy and sell uno so there is VOLUME !! we need to bee listed higher on coinmarketcap
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: