Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:00:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:12:35 AM

HAHAHA omfg  http://youtu.be/eTPJdOd5VVA?t=1h3m22s that is spot on! HAHA holy cow!  Grin Cheesy

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 12:39:18 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 12:58:24 AM by FallingKnife

Since you guys are so bored with UNO rising 100% over the past 30 days (and 250% over the past 90 days), I thought I would try to amuse you with some of my favorite UNO launch thread posts while you're waiting for the next boring 100% upleg (*yawn*).  There's a lot of history in that launch thread, and I just read through all 50 pages of it.

On launch day, a miner suggests that Unobtanium is a stupid name and that it's just a short term pump & dump.  Probably never thought it would be here a year later.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313126.msg3364523#msg3364523

Blazr2 responds to a question about why he thinks UNO has a chance to succeed.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313126.msg3364663#msg3364663

There is a long tradition in UNO of doing P2P trades, which continues to this day with Un-Ex.  Here, Blazr2 does the first one with juhakall
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313126.msg3371016#msg3371016

And here's a link to the original [WTB: Unobtanium] trader thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314454.0

Think trading Uno p2p is too risky? Well, then you'll for sure want to try Unobtanium's first exchange, coinex.pw, which added Un on Oct 24, 2013.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313126.msg3405764#msg3405764

I have not even begun to read through all the discussions in this fine thread (the one you're reading now). I don't know if I have the patience to re-read 158 pages of your guys' posts. Maybe you can help me, and let me know what some of your favorite posts are. We'll tweet these out on the anniversary date.  Get the post link, and tell why you think it's historically significant to Uno.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:54:12 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 03:07:49 AM by IMZ

@ Falling Knife -- I can't find it, but my favourite post is: the day I dropped in, from Another Coin, to ask advice, I was warmly welcomed, and that was unique in my crypto experience.

And: the Hedges thing -- is it a concern to you?

@ Un-Ex: welcome to Korlic, who has his first star.

@ All The New Members: welcome! (I hope to never hear the word 'newbie' again!)

Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:10:18 AM

@ Falling Knife -- I can't find it, but my favourite post is: the day I dropped in, from Another Coin, to ask advice, I was warmly welcomed, and that was unique in my crypto experience.

I'm somewhat new on this board, but wanted to say hi and I love UNO.  I sold off all my other alts and now, only hold BTC and UNO!  Bought 3 more today.  In reading posts, it appears now is the time to wait for the price to cool a little before buying more?

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:12:23 AM

This one was pretty ironic, ...and finally, we've broken from the premise!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg7498556#msg7498556

-

The Kim Jong Un posts are pretty funny, but I don't know if tweeters will understand them well enough.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Benefactor

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:15:16 AM

I'm somewhat new on this board, but wanted to say hi and I love UNO.  I sold off all my other alts and now, only hold BTC and UNO!  Bought 3 more today.  In reading posts, it appears now is the time to wait for the price to cool a little before buying more?

Welcome, Zelig.  I love UNO, too!  You might try to put in a buy order in the low 0.008's, and hope it fills, but you just don't want to miss the boat.  I think the price should cool a little right now, which is healthy, but it could take off again at any time, and will at some point....

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:17:29 AM

I'm somewhat new on this board, but wanted to say hi and I love UNO.  I sold off all my other alts and now, only hold BTC and UNO!  Bought 3 more today.  In reading posts, it appears now is the time to wait for the price to cool a little before buying more?

Welcome, Zelig.  I love UNO, too!  You might try to put in a buy-order in the low 0.008's, and hope it fills, but you just don't want to miss the boat.  I think the price should cool a little right now, which is healthy, but it could take off again at any time, and will at some point....

Zelig, welcome to UNO! I agree with Benefactor. Our mining is about to halve again and the coin is becoming noticed by more and more people even as the supply tightens up. As a result, one would expect the price to continue to rise dramatically.

May I ask how you found out about UNO, or what drew you to the coin?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Zelig

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:22:53 AM

Welcome, Zelig.  I love UNO, too!  You might try to put in a buy-order in the low 0.008's, and hope it fills, but you just don't want to miss the boat.  I think the price should cool a little right now, which is healthy, but it could take off again at any time, and will at some point....

Zelig, welcome to UNO! I agree with Benefactor. Our mining is about to halve again and the coin is becoming noticed by more and more people even as the supply tightens up. As a result, one would expect the price to continue to rise dramatically.

May I ask how you found out about UNO, or what drew you to the coin?

I got into alts in January of this year.  Firstiken's (sp?) YouTube post about UNO... don't really watch his video's after the whole Cryptorush debacle - and the advice about Electric Volt.  However, I collect info where I can.  I have previously held; AUR, DOGE, DRK, LTC, MEOW, MZC, and PTS.  Now, only BTC and UNO.  I have doubled my UNO holding over the past month and a half.  Also, I briefly mined UNO with my BFL 7 GH Jalapeno.  After the hard drive replacement, I never set the Jalapeno back up... it wasn't really keeping up with the estimated cost of electricity - that was about two months back.  I first used it to mine BTC, then MZC, then UNO. 

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:27:43 AM

Cool, appreciate you sharing. I'm always interested to hear how people come to be acquainted with UNO. I own / have owned several of the same coins.  You'll find that there's many things that set UNO apart from the rest of the field, but the number one item is the Community here that is dedicated to building UNO into the real deal.  It's no p and d!  Again, welcome!

Zelig

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:29:21 AM

Cool, appreciate you sharing. I'm always interested to hear how people come to be acquainted with UNO. I own / have owned several of the same coins.  You'll find that there's many things that set UNO apart from the rest of the field, but the number one item is the Community here that is dedicated to building UNO into the real deal.  It's no p and d!  Again, welcome!

Thanks!  I'm a "newbie" so my posting is restricted.

Wanted to mention that I mined 3.11201263 UNO.  I buy and hold, that's what I do.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:29:46 AM

http://altcoinpress.com/2014/10/bitcoin-chief-scientist-its-time-to-put-a-fork-in-bitcoin -- is there publicity value for us here?

@ The Specific Australian Situation: I will pay a premium to buy Unos in Aus. Dollars. But there may not be a single Uno fan IndiaMikeZulu in Oz (aren't we clever!)
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:33:27 AM

Thought you were taking a nap?!  Cheesy

Shouldn't mess with it!

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:33:57 AM

Thanks!  I'm a "newbie" so my posting is restricted.

Wanted to mention that I mined 3.11201263 UNO.  I buy and hold, that's what I do.

Buy and hold. You'll fit in well here!  Smiley

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:36:56 AM

Well . . . it's like this: Ian loans me items from his Very Considerable video collection. As a kid, a hopeless book-worm, I missed out on Monthy Python. Well, I have the complete series here at this second, so, M.P., then N.N.
Zelig

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:39:07 AM

Buy and hold. You'll fit in well here!  Smiley
[/quote]

I held onto UNO when selling off the alts this summer because, of course, I noticed it was holding steady.  I now consider that I was collecting all those alts in search of a winner.  UNO!

Also, I was holding UNO during the Wolong episode - hope that doesn't happen again.  

Korlic

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:56:13 AM

I'm somewhat new on this board, but wanted to say hi and I love UNO.  I sold off all my other alts and now, only hold BTC and UNO!  Bought 3 more today.  In reading posts, it appears now is the time to wait for the price to cool a little before buying more?

It's hard to say, to be honest. This is a very climatic month for UNO because of its anniversary, block halving, and the blue crypto award ceremony. The problem with UNO's price right now is that it seems somewhat pumped because of recent trends, but the fact remains the same: most people don't know about UNO and its unique properties (not yet anyways) and it is becoming more and more competitive to acquire - especially since BTC's inflation has taken a toll on many long investors thus far (most thought the bottom was around $400-500 range).

#1 Hodler
Zelig

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:03:11 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's hard to say, to be honest. This is a very climatic month for UNO because of its anniversary, block halving, and the blue crypto award ceremony. The problem with UNO's price right now is that it seems somewhat pumped because of recent trends, but the fact remains the same: most people don't know about UNO and its unique properties (not yet anyways) and it is becoming more and more competitive to acquire - especially since BTC's inflation has taken a toll on many long investors thus far (most thought the bottom was around $400-500 range)
[/quote]

I certainly did. 

I used to go to the UNO website w/the estimated time to next halving.  Is that site back up or is there another site? 

Korlic

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:26:23 AM

The website is still live: www.unobtanium.uno.

#1 Hodler
Zelig

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:26:45 AM

The website is still live: www.unobtanium.uno.

Thanks ~ !

Benefactor

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:50:13 AM

-

A cryptocurrency with a studied community is a strong coin.

Here is an excellent sample interview with Jim Willie, which can get people up to speed on geopolitics and global currencies in one shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6JUChxtF4

If you don't understand something, be proactive and look it up, do your own research, and find other people to discuss it with.

Wink

P.S.  Yeah, maybe his voice is a little annoying, but he's brilliant and fact-based and very experienced.  No B.S.  Says it like it is.  My own research supports the many things he mentions, of which some of it might sound very scary or bizarre, if you aren't familiar with it, sorry.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: