Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:28:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506537 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jamis

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:10:26 AM

Hi!
I want to clarify a few things.
When you purchase the units, they belong to you. Our company is providing the power, internet, etc.
We are not selling hashing power, rather we are selling the hardware and hosting it for you as a complimentary service. Since we do this at no cost, and sell for less this most vendors, we would not be able to also guarantee the performance of your hardware outside of the warranty window.
We know this can be confusing, and we are looking for a way to address it. To day date, 90% of the challenges we have are related to the hardware itself (not our hosting). We have actually used our own hardware to make up the difference when we have needed to.
So there is a balance we must achieve here
I would be interested to know how you guys feel we might address this challenge? Naturally, we want to make it work for you as a customer and us as a business.
Josh- CEO
I am really looking forward to having the UI as I'm sure you are to get all of us off your backs and be able to manage the pools ourselves. I understand that trying to guarantee anything other than up-time is out of your control and frankly I couldn’t even begin to figure out which of the many ever-changing numbers is my actual hash rate anyway (The one the pool reports? The overall average?). Here is what I'd like to see:
  • Access to an interface that would show details on working or failed gridseeds with hash rates like CGMiner.
  • Intelligent support request link for a failed gridseed that we could click that would provide all the location and details to your technician to quickly find and fix the failed miner. No separate support tickets and having to look up order numbers and write messages. If a pack or a miner goes down you include a link that will tell you everything you need to find and address it. 
  • Warranty extension past the first two months to cover the whole year. I assume once a gridseed makes it past 60 days without failing and it is in a controlled, cooled, not-overclocked environment that you are providing, the failure rate is minimal. I also assume that it has the potential to be a frustration for us customers if a miner fails outside the 60-day warranty period and we have no way of knowing that it was kept cool, supplied with regulated voltage, not banged and what the cost is to address. Do we have to buy a new miner and will you load it into our pack? If you could offer an extended warranty for hosted miners under your control for the whole year of hosting for say $50, then give us early adopters a half-off promotion it would save all of us headaches when there are hardware failures past two months.
  • Ability to add multiple pools like CGMiner for failover or switching so that we can swap between pools or if one goes out, the miners will failover.
If I want to play with higher settings and push the miners harder, I can buy and run them myself.
Jamis
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:19:02 AM

To day date, 90% of the challenges we have are related to the hardware itself (not our hosting).

To be honest I have a problem with this statement. You sold the hardware, so what difference does it make where the problem is? You actually have the benefit of being able to replace the defective hosted hardware immediately as opposed to dealing with return shipping etc.

Besides, my own miners are running 24/7, and the hosted ones have been down multiple times since they went live less than a week ago. So it is becoming really hard to believe that this is 90% hardware issue.

And yes, I have filed support tickets, sometimes it helps, sometimes they go unanswered, but what is really lacking is transparency. We have a great support community here, if you have technical challenges in running hosted Gridseeds I'm sure you'd find lots of help if you explained what's going on and it would reflect positively on your efforts to keep your promises.

Hi, thanks for your response.

Hosting hardware and replacing defected units within a few minutes of a hardware failure has a much higher cost associated with it then replacing defected hardware through the mail. We believe our customer greatly benefit from this service. This is reflected in the order volume we have received since launching Smiley

As a result, we have reacted by quickly staffing up to support the demand. Within the last two weeks we have grown our staff by 500%, and that's still growing. Now that we have an idea of our growth rate, we are gaining ground. We will have an even faster response time, shipping times, and more products.

We also have some exciting news coming. While I can't say too much right now, I can say here that we are now one of top 5 resellers of Gridseed hardware in the world! And there a some exciting benefits that our customer will be receiving soon as a result of this Smiley

Thanks for all the feedback and support!

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:20:59 AM

Hi!
I want to clarify a few things.
When you purchase the units, they belong to you. Our company is providing the power, internet, etc.
We are not selling hashing power, rather we are selling the hardware and hosting it for you as a complimentary service. Since we do this at no cost, and sell for less this most vendors, we would not be able to also guarantee the performance of your hardware outside of the warranty window.
We know this can be confusing, and we are looking for a way to address it. To day date, 90% of the challenges we have are related to the hardware itself (not our hosting). We have actually used our own hardware to make up the difference when we have needed to.
So there is a balance we must achieve here
I would be interested to know how you guys feel we might address this challenge? Naturally, we want to make it work for you as a customer and us as a business.
Josh- CEO
I am really looking forward to having the UI as I'm sure you are to get all of us off your backs and be able to manage the pools ourselves. I understand that trying to guarantee anything other than up-time is out of your control and frankly I couldn’t even begin to figure out which of the many ever-changing numbers is my actual hash rate anyway (The one the pool reports? The overall average?). Here is what I'd like to see:
  • Access to an interface that would show details on working or failed gridseeds with hash rates like CGMiner.
  • Intelligent support request link for a failed gridseed that we could click that would provide all the location and details to your technician to quickly find and fix the failed miner. No separate support tickets and having to look up order numbers and write messages. If a pack or a miner goes down you include a link that will tell you everything you need to find and address it. 
  • Warranty extension past the first two months to cover the whole year. I assume once a gridseed makes it past 60 days without failing and it is in a controlled, cooled, not-overclocked environment that you are providing, the failure rate is minimal. I also assume that it has the potential to be a frustration for us customers if a miner fails outside the 60-day warranty period and we have no way of knowing that it was kept cool, supplied with regulated voltage, not banged and what the cost is to address. Do we have to buy a new miner and will you load it into our pack? If you could offer an extended warranty for hosted miners under your control for the whole year of hosting for say $50, then give us early adopters a half-off promotion it would save all of us headaches when there are hardware failures past two months.
  • Ability to add multiple pools like CGMiner for failover or switching so that we can swap between pools or if one goes out, the miners will failover.
If I want to play with higher settings and push the miners harder, I can buy and run them myself.
Jamis

These are very good suggestions. I am actually meeting with my technical staff later tonight and this post is coming to the meeting with me Smiley

GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:08:50 AM

Great news, we are putting the final touches on the first version of the portal UI.

We need some beta testers to test for the next 24 hours. If you interested in beta testing please email: jeff@gawminers.com

More coming soon!

GAW Miners

GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:19:28 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 02:22:38 PM by GAW Miners

Hi Everyone,

We have not given a proper update in a while. So here it goes!

These last two weeks have been crazy. From some of the best conversations with customers that I have ever had, to running to the post office with 100 boxes ten minutes before closing, to talking to my staff at 3:00 in the morning while they fell asleep on the phone, and to receiving some of the best feedback I have ever read.

It's been a fun ride so far, and it has only started.

I found out today, that our competitors are actually buying misspellings of our domain names and forwarding them to their website to try and capture business and keep up with us. It made me stop and think "we are doing something right". But, after that thought passed, I realized that was only partway true. If it had not been for this community, we would be not be here today. Many companies' say that. But, I think it's true here more then ever. People here gave us a chance. And, it will be a privilege we will always need to keep earning.

I think competition is the best thing for business. When business have to compete, they have to out perform. When they get complacent, customers' leave, and new companies rise up out of nowhere and make change. As our company grows, I know we can always count on you to keep us moving. To never allow us to become complacent and to never take for granted where we have come from.

All I can say is "thanks again". Thanks for expecting us to do what we say we will and being patient with us when we needed to catch up. I will continue to believe we have received more than we deserve.

There are so many new and exciting things coming, but I wanted to keep this update focused on just a few.

Referral Program- We will be starting a referral program soon. Over 50% of our business is repeat customers. And, most of our new customers come as referrals from those customers. I have been looking for an interesting and different way of rewarding those customers. We have more details soon, but it will be new and fresh. I will also make it retroactive. So, if you have referred business to us in the past, and we can confirm the referral purchases with you, you will received 100% of the upside.

Hosting Rentals- Part of the upgrade we just performed was adding four digits of hashing power Smiley.  We will be offering customers the ability to buy hashing power in any configuration they want. We will even be rewarding our customers that have referred business to us with it. More on that soon.

New Hardware- We are adding new hardware to our website daily, so keep visiting to see more selection of hardware.

So that's about it for now. It's been a long day.....but there is still more to do. Thank you for your support!

Josh-CEO

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2736
Merit: 1181

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:35:05 AM

I know I'm looking forward to whats coming around the corner!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
fabzyboy

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:47:20 AM

I must say i'm very happy with the service ive gotten so far !
very fast to reply to email and they helped me when i had a problem with my payment so i'm very happy !

cant wait for them to get here ! Cheesy
EnJoyThis

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:00:00 AM

If you guys need another beta-tester, drop me a pm. I've got a hosted 10-package and won't mind to help.

Cheers

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
repiter

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:21:46 AM

Hi!

Just want to tell everyone about my own expirience with GAW during recent week. Investing 20x it was not so easy from the begining and I had some critical minutes considering bad things.
But, finally things becoming better and better. I see the hashpower on my pool Smiley, I see my questions answered and all previous issues are more or less solved.
So far so good and I wish GAW to keep the same dynamic developing hosting solution.
I would emphasize, that this reply is was not "bought" like somebody can think. It was created after real problems solving.
Also I think, that such big scale project can't be launched without community support and trust, so it's my vote to support you.
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:20:22 PM

Do you guys have some form of difficulty responding to emails?

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
chongl

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:28:08 PM

Doubling hash rate promotion details soon? Smiley
Gaw Miners_Josiah

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:33:38 PM

Do you guys have some form of difficulty responding to emails?

GAW Miners is 2 weeks old and we did not expect the amount of success to jump so quickly. The good news is we are always looking for constructive criticism.

However, I want to personally apologize for that issue. We are undergoing some employee transitions and can assure this will not be an issue in the future. Smiley

Thank you
Yottabyte

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:38:09 PM

Just wanted to drop a line to give some positive feedback to GAW Miners, I placed an order that originally experienced some delays that were out of their control, they went above and beyond to make things right, communication was good and I'm overall happy with the company and would order from them again. Thanks!
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:39:08 PM

Are the hosted miners down or experiencing issues???   Mine have been completely down now going on 2 hrs.
Ticket opened and got a reply that my account would be flagged (Whatever that means)

yeahright

Activity: 297

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:57:33 PM

Just leaving my feedback for GAW Miners.  I bought 2 miners and just arrived today, was expecting just the miners and to my surprise it included the USB cable and power supply as well.  Great service.
HolyScott

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:57:29 PM

I WANT One, I Want One!! Are these going to end up being Hosted in the Future also?? Better buy quick people, I have a feeling these are going to sell out quicky. There is an article about them on:

http://cryptomining-blog.com/1855-the-new-gridseed-blade-miner-is-almost-here-for-real-this-time/

HolyScott
Arachnid

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:31:03 PM

Thats true 1000 does req the voltage mod but I think at 850 they are very stable. Stock they are set to 700 I think so even the bump to 850 would be nice and I am getting zero errors @ 850 on my local miners with the fans off.

Are there some instructions for running these things? Is there a forum post or website you guys are working off of? I don't see any instructions on the GAW website.

I bought 5 of the usb hashers at the end of the rush, apparently. I'm having to wait an extra two days for mine, but I did get a decent price on them and GAW did offer a small credit to my account without my asking for not delivering within the 5 days. The ordering was not smooth because of bitcoin gateway problems, but we worked it out in the end. When I called the number, someone answered who was courteous and knowledgeable. That's a big deal, I think. Here's hoping that the hardware is all good and I can get hashing quickly when it arrives.
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:44:00 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 02:59:18 PM by GAW Miners

Thats true 1000 does req the voltage mod but I think at 850 they are very stable. Stock they are set to 700 I think so even the bump to 850 would be nice and I am getting zero errors @ 850 on my local miners with the fans off.

Are there some instructions for running these things? Is there a forum post or website you guys are working off of? I don't see any instructions on the GAW website.

I bought 5 of the usb hashers at the end of the rush, apparently. I'm having to wait an extra two days for mine, but I did get a decent price on them and GAW did offer a small credit to my account without my asking for not delivering within the 5 days. The ordering was not smooth because of bitcoin gateway problems, but we worked it out in the end. When I called the number, someone answered who was courteous and knowledgeable. That's a big deal, I think. Here's hoping that the hardware is all good and I can get hashing quickly when it arrives.

Hi, there will be a link to our site in the box. If you need any additional help we are standing by at: support@gawminers.com

Thanks for the business !

miless2111s

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:00:58 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 08:09:48 PM by miless2111s

I'm hoping that someone can help point out the flaw in my "man maths" as I want to buy one of these units but I can't make the numbers stack up and so I assume I've made a mistake and hence I hope someone can point it out.

Using the formula
(MH x P x BTC x A) - C = profit over 1 year

where
MH = power of the unit in MH/s - 5.2 for the new blades
P = Profitability (BTC per MH/s per day) - currently running at around 0.004-0.005 at Waffle Pool
BTC = Price of BTC.  Here I'm going to assume 2 levels; 300 as the worst case and 500 as the current ceiling.
A = Availability - I'm going to assume 10 days down time in the year which might be a bit aggressive but these things are meant to be fairly "fiddle free" so I shouldn't have to mess around with them to the same extent that I do with my GPU rigs
C = Cost to purchase.  Note I am not including electricity etc as I am using the hosted model however it would be fairly easy to add it in for other options.

I am basically varying the level of P to check out how low the market can drop before the units fail to make a profit in a year.  A year is a long time in BTC mining it seems to that's another worry.  I am expecting profitability to take a hit when the big scrypt ASIC units hit and there seems to have been a drift down in this value already.  I am not sure that I subscribe to the theory that it will drift down to a point where massive numbers of people drop out and the rise as a result as I suspect people will continue to mine after it is no longer profitable through a combination of hope (that it will turn around), inertia (can't be bothered), ignorance (don't know where the threshold is) and faith (belief in crypto is more important than cash + mine and hold).

As you can see from the numbers below (converted into £ as I am in the UK) at the lower end of the BTC value the blades don't make anything and at the upper end the market only has to drop to 0.0035 before they fail to make money!  Where am I going wrong or is buying one of these basically a $3K bet that the market will rise?

Thanks

Miles

compared to today's profitabilityProf levelGrid MinGrid maxBlade(GAW) MinBlade(GAW) Max
1.250.005-£420.07£1607.17-£133.25£931.57
1.1250.0045-£724.16£1100.36-£292.97£665.36
10.004-£1028.24£593.55-£452.69£399.16
0.8750.0035-£1332.33£86.74-£612.41£132.96
0.750.003-£1636.42-£420.07-£772.13-£133.25
0.6250.0025-£1940.50-£926.88-£931.86-£399.45
0.50.002-£2244.59-£1433.69-£1091.58-£665.65
0.3750.0015-£2548.68-£1940.50-£1251.30-£931.86
0.250.001-£2852.76-£2447.31-£1411.02-£1198.06
0.1250.0005-£3156.85-£2954.12-£1570.75-£1464.26
0.06250.00025-£3308.89-£3207.53-£1650.61-£1597.37
0.031250.000125-£3384.91-£3334.23-£1690.54-£1663.92
0.0156250.0000625-£3422.92-£3397.58-£1710.50-£1697.19

Edited to correctly format the table (done with search and replace in word with some excel formula to sort the £ and red text)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:54:56 AM

EDIT: Oh I give up with the table- 15 mins of fiddling in the dark and still no table! Anyone know of an easy way to go from Excel to here and still have a table?  I've got to get on with "real" work now but I'm all ears on learning an easy way to display a table Smiley  Thanks!

Take a screenshot and post an image Smiley

Your math is probably right, profitability is marginal at the current rates. And the blade is not priced competitively, the "cupcakes" at $170 are <$0.5 per KH/s, the blade is more than that, unless it overclocks like crazy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: