Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:43:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to fix your Asic miners.  (Read 34100 times)
offordscott
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 32

View Profile
September 29, 2022, 12:27:19 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2022, 12:43:12 AM by offordscott

Here is my USA miner repair site:
https://repair.scottscryptomining.com/repair/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 29, 2022, 02:02:53 AM

Here is my USA miner repair site:
https://repair.scottscryptomining.com/repair/

For those who don't know Scott, he owns a mining-related company in the U.S, he has a great reputation in the telegram's mining community, I have know him since 2019 IIRC, glad to see him offering repair services, hopefully, we get to read some good reviews on his service in this thread soon.

Good luck.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
offordscott
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 14, 2022, 12:48:50 AM

Learn Miner Repair. Get Certified. Make Money.

Do you live in USA and enjoy tinkering with electronics? Learn how to easily solve all your miner repair problems & make money by repairing miners!

https://miner-repair-training.eventbrite.com

https://miner-repair-training.eventbrite.com

Presented by Scott's Crypto Mining and taught by ASIC Ninja (the industry-famous, Austin Childress) in Brookfield, Wisconsin, in this 5-day class, you will learn the fundamentals of ASIC miner troubleshooting, diagnostics and repair. Gain the knowledge to properly maintain and repair the fleet of ASIC machines in your own mine and become self-sufficient as a miner repair technician.

MinerMEDIC

Activity: 166
Merit: 82

EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert

View Profile
November 08, 2022, 07:19:26 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2022, 09:28:04 AM by MinerMEDIC
Merited by mikeywith (4), NotFuzzyWarm (1)

ASIC Master update from the front lines…

Recovering the previous regime is nearly done(I will however endorse his superb teaching ability without reservation). Having finished processing our largest orders, I’ve begun contacting and fixing our small S17 series customers. Most have been understanding, I’m even offering a backlog clearance price. Only one flamer so far, it really stings being called a scammer when you are trying to make things right (in this case having to inform him we don’t repair DR5 hashboards). With the clearing of the backlog we are moving our focus to S19, M2x, and M3x series miner repair only.

As of last week, Whatsminers are the machine we can repair in the largest volume because MicroBT sent factory support staff from their headquarters in Shenzhen to train our entire staff on their machines! (I was also able to carve out some time to learn about power supply and control board repair. coming soon.)

We had a rough start this year, not gonna lie.  I’m not gonna tell you to choose ASIC Master because we have a cool name and are centrally located in Chicago. I wont bullshit people with pieces of paper that prove we can spend money and are great on tests. I’ll just be as transparent as I’m able, let you know what’s going on, and be here when you need us.

With Gratitude,
Jay

---Hi, I'm Juergen "Jay" & I TEACH and REPAIR ASIC HASHBOARDS-- Purdue AS EET -- MinerMEDIC is NOW FREELANCE in Chicago!
poonasor

Activity: 49
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 01, 2023, 10:21:40 PM

is there a place that fixes GekkoScience Compac F?
patoshi
Copper Member

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2023, 04:53:49 PM

Whats wrong with your Compac F?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2507

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 04, 2023, 07:51:04 PM

Well for 1, ask about your problem in the CompacF thread...Odds are you will find answers to your problem there.
If it is a serious problem - contact the vendor you bought it from for Warranty service.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2023, 09:54:47 PM

I’ve begun contacting and fixing our small S17 series customers.

How long have those S17 gears been sitting in ASIC Master's warehouse? also, what measures did ASIC Master take to ensure the same long waits don't happen again? gaining trust is pretty difficult.

I understand you are not the owner nor the salesperson for ASIC Master, and you are doing a great job keeping forum members up to date, I do appreciate all the work you do here.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bit_49_Repairs

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2023, 09:56:21 PM

Hi,
We are a large dedicated 10,000 Sqft Repair/Training facility located in Colorado. All of our technicians are industry certified and we have over 2.5 years in the ASIC repair industry. Currently and in the past, we have provided repair services for some of the largest hosting companies around. Now, we'd like to open our repair services to everyone.

-We repair Antminer & Whatsminer (Avalon repairs coming soon)
-We offer very transparent and competitive prices for repairs.
-Turn around time is less than 2 weeks for less than 100 miners.
-Discounted logistics services provided
-No charge for cleaning and diagnostics if repairs are performed
-If we can't fix it, we wont charge you a diagnostic fee

If you have any questions please email at repairs@bit49.com or call me directly at 719-722-6189
https://www.bit49.com/

I understand we can't be added to the list without someone on the forum vouching for us, though we can provide references from past customers upon request if needed.
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 02:02:59 AM

I understand we can't be added to the list without someone on the forum vouching for us, though we can provide references from past customers upon request if needed.

It's going to take some vouching to be added for sure, but it takes some pictures/videos and any other proof for members actually to trust sending their gear to you, upon checking your website, I found nothing enduring, you seem to be using the same photo (not a real photo of some ASIC miner) floating on all the different pages.

I am not trying to tell you what to do, I am not the boss here, this is just friendly advice if you want to do business in the forum, the default/common belief around here is that "everyone is a scammer until proven otherwise" so please don't take anything I or anyone else say personal.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1785

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
April 16, 2023, 10:26:58 PM

For those who don't know Scott, he owns a mining-related company in the U.S, he has a great reputation in the telegram's mining community, I have know him since 2019 IIRC, glad to see him offering repair services, hopefully, we get to read some good reviews on his service in this thread soon.
I am absolutely gutted to discover that Scott's account was permanently banned in Feb just today. He seemed genuine, and his service reputation was growing in this community.

To me, he doesn't come off as someone who would practice plagiarism for financial gain. Maybe if he was banned for another form of offense

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2023, 05:03:12 AM

I am absolutely gutted to discover that Scott's account was permanently banned in Feb just today.

How did you know he was banned? He never mentioned anything to me so I am not aware, is it possible that he copied something from his own website and was a victim to one of the "bots" that screen the forum for plagiarism? I also doubt he would copy-paste something for the sake of posting, I'll see whats up with him and if he wants to come back and is willing to go through the process of appealing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1785

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
April 17, 2023, 10:39:37 PM

How did you know he was banned? He never mentioned anything to me so I am not aware, is it possible that he copied something from his own website and was a victim to one of the "bots" that screen the forum for plagiarism? I also doubt he would copy-paste something for the sake of posting, I'll see whats up with him and if he wants to come back and is willing to go through the process of appealing.
I saw the ban tag with the help of the Bpip extension

and the profile information - https://bpip.org/Profile?id=1449095

I wanted to send him a PM asking him whether he was open to the idea of making an appeal if he felt he still wanted to be part of the forum and the ban was unfair, but I wasn't sure yet if a permanently banned account can receive PMs a well.

If you have already communicated to him, then it's all good. I won't send a PM.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 01:30:54 AM

If you are referring to the forum here ... i.e. where the actual account is listed:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1449095

Last Active: April 13, 2023, 04:11:54 AM (UTC)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 03:40:10 AM

If you have already communicated to him, then it's all good. I won't send a PM.

You are right, I just checked and he is indeed banned on the forum, I contact him on telegram to see if he has any idea about this, I have a feeling he was not aware about the ban at all, but let's see if he wants to come back, we can help him with the ban-appeal process, I don't want to jump to any speculation but I think his appeal will have a high chance of acceptance.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MinerMEDIC

Activity: 166
Merit: 82

EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert

View Profile
June 08, 2023, 05:17:15 PM
Merited by mikeywith (4), Halab (2)

I’ve begun contacting and fixing our small S17 series customers.

How long have those S17 gears been sitting in ASIC Master's warehouse? also, what measures did ASIC Master take to ensure the same long waits don't happen again? gaining trust is pretty difficult.

I understand you are not the owner nor the salesperson for ASIC Master, and you are doing a great job keeping forum members up to date, I do appreciate all the work you do here.
After it was clear there was no future and the monotony of warranty repair had worn me down, I quit ASIC Master. After the treatment I received for not spending more time on our new paying customer, there was simply no reason to stay. I decades of being an electronics technician I have never been told to stop speaking to a customer. This is when I learned what a hobby business was. Now I am a freelance ASIC repair instructor who does repair only on the side. I can be found on LinkedIn.

I am also now trying out an association with Scott Offord. He has a five seat Wisconsin training center, I'll be  teaching in(on site is my preference though). Also, if you have an S19 repair order with him, it will likely be me doing the work. And yes, his bots likely got him in trouble(if it was something else I'm all ears). Perhaps an admin could take a look at his account.

To answer your question, I don't know. Many may have been there since before I began Feb2022, and for a year I didn't pay any attention to the S&R desk.

Regards,
Maestro Juergen

---Hi, I'm Juergen "Jay" & I TEACH and REPAIR ASIC HASHBOARDS-- Purdue AS EET -- MinerMEDIC is NOW FREELANCE in Chicago!
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2023, 09:47:20 PM

After it was clear there was no future and the monotony of warranty repair had worn me down, I quit ASIC Master. After the treatment I received for not spending more time on our new paying customer, there was simply no reason to stay. I decades of being an electronics technician I have never been told to stop speaking to a customer. This is when I learned what a hobby business was. Now I am a freelance ASIC repair instructor who does repair only on the side. I can be found on LinkedIn.

The writing was on the wall, you have a small company with a few repair folks, and then out of a sudden Bitmain sends out a couple of hundred thousand 17 series, 40-50% of them failed within a few weeks/months, they all needed repair at the same time, orders start coming in, you don't want to reject repair tickets, you keep bringing in more gears than you can repair, and then ka-boom.

You need up with dozen gears on the shelves, and thousands of angry clients as well as workers, a year later, that gear is worth little to nothing, no worth fixing, a complete mess created by Bitmain and made worse by all the greedy and incompetent repair centers, this isn't just ASIC Master, it's safe to assume that 90% of those repair companies made the same exact mistake.

I am also now trying out an association with Scott Offord. He has a five seat Wisconsin training center, I'll be  teaching in(on site is my preference though). Also, if you have an S19 repair order with him, it will likely be me doing the work. And yes, his bots likely got him in trouble(if it was something else I'm all ears). Perhaps an admin could take a look at his account.

Good to hear you have patterned with Scott, we did all we could to lift the ban on his account, but alas, these things take forever to happen.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Peter3493

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2023, 09:21:47 AM

For ASIC miner repairs or fixes, it's best to reach out to the manufacturer's official service centers or authorized repair providers. Many major ASIC manufacturers offer specific repair services for their products. Additionally, online forums and communities often provide recommendations for reliable repair options.
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 09:48:50 PM

For ASIC miner repairs or fixes, it's best to reach out to the manufacturer's official service centers or authorized repair providers. Many major ASIC manufacturers offer specific repair services for their products. Additionally, online forums and communities often provide recommendations for reliable repair options.

Only if it was this simple, in many cases, you can't just count on the manufacturer-authorized guys, these cases such as but not limited to

1- When you need a single hash board fixed and the manufacturer forces you to send the whole miner.
2- Long waiting times to get a miner fixed (happens during bull markets and when Bitmain launches a shit quality series where more miners need fixing than they can fix).
3- The nearest repair center is way too far and shipping alone would cost more than fixing it locally.

And the list goes on, if mining gear manufacturers offered a close to perfect repair service, none of this would have been needed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████