Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:58:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin better than Fiat?  (Read 4244 times)
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 12:32:48 PM

For the first time in history, money is separated from the state. Bitcoin aims to be an alternative to Fiat currencies by providing financial inclusion to anyone, anywhere in the world. A system governed by mathematics and cryptography will put an end to corruption once and for all. The pioneer cryptocurrency can be used globally without limitations thanks to its decentralized model. People can send cross-border payments in minutes without the need for ID verification, background checks, or credit checks of any kind. This brings a whole new era of financial sovereignty as we know it.

What do you think? Is Bitcoin better than Fiat? If not, why? Is it still too early to tell? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Smiley

It actually depends on the purpose and goals you have set. Bitcoin is indeed great on so many aspects. It provides additional opportunities to generate income and it is a nice platform for investment. However, it's quite risky so, someone must manage their actions and expectations about it. Bitcoin has already withstood many challenges thrown at it before. It even started with free mining, having a low value in market, but look at it now.

If you are going to use bitcoin as a store of value and in trading, you will be at the advantage. Bitcoin is really good to be invested upon especially for long-term. It is also good to be traded once in a while depending on your needs. However, if you are planning to use it for your daily necessities and routines, you will surely have a hard time. Don't get me wrong. Bitcoin is good as a mode of payment as well, but the processing time and transaction fees can eat your time and cost you more. IMO these are the areas that bitcoin has to improve for its users convenience.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 01:47:48 PM

it is still fiat for now. Because fiat is still widely used. Bitcoin is not that acceptable and as of now, many are still clueless about bitcoin especially with those who do not have access to internet. Fiat is used in most countries and controlled by the government. but it will still be good and better if we have bitcoin. It is a store of value and good for long term investment.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Rehan Zakir

Activity: 812
Merit: 53

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 03:34:44 PM

I think no!. The reason is that every currency has its own importance.The peoples that wants to save their money in a currency that when they see it after some years their value remain same. But bitcoin currency value changes due to its price increases or decreases. So, if a user stores money in bitcoin its dollar value changes due t its price. This is a major difference between both currencies.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2021, 11:49:32 PM

If you are going to use bitcoin as a store of value and in trading, you will be at the advantage. Bitcoin is really good to be invested upon especially for long-term. It is also good to be traded once in a while depending on your needs.

For short-term trading "Day Trading" Fiat and Bitcoin both can be used interchangeably to profit in the market by whatever the traders think based on whim or technical trading.
If someone wants to invest somewhere then I would suggest holding bitcoins for the long term.
Think of buying Bitcoins as a gift for your children or Grandchildren which will definitely pay out.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2021, 05:57:58 AM

As with everything else, it depends where and how you want to use it.

Is Bitcoin better than fiat for daily use? Nope and nope. Buy bread and butter with Bitcoin, or make your grandparents do it.

Is Bitcoin better than fiat as a store of value? Definitely yes.

Is Bitcoin better than gold as an investment? Currently, yes. In the future, maybe.

And so on, depending on the use case.
I totally agree with you. the thing still for me which is limiting Bitcoin as the ultimate Currency is just that Daily user case limitation. We are not even close to that at the moment even in well-developed Nations let alone places where the knowledge is very minimal. But for every other thing, I believe that Bitcoin is great with, Store of Value and Fund transfers are best with Bitcoin. So as you said, I too don't believe that it can be wrapped up in one go but can be seen in the bits section where Bitcoin is better than Fiat.   
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 06:35:00 AM

Fiat money and bitcoin are two different components, but due to the fact that bitcoin is separated from the state - this is 100%, I would even say that cryptocurrency cannot be controlled and the more it develops, the more I need to control it ... Fiat is needed in its own way, bitcoin is needed in its own way, the state of bitcoin is currently beneficial to all parties.
in our time now, there is no need comparing fiat or bitcoin because they are both functional towards our needing.
there are option to use bitcoin there is also a option to use fiat.
company offers accepting bitcoin while others are not.

Imo BTC is better than fiat in that case that you can easily send it form US to Russia. From Brazil to Canada. It's multicultural. And some other things but this is my favourite.
You are partially right because which country Bitcoin allowing it's banking systems, where you can easily send Bitcoin with any fees or transactions fees. You can easily send Bitcoin and others cryptocurrencies making no locals coins exchange or others third parties institutions.
but there are limited countries that allows this so yeah it is  our option when to use or how to use our crypto and fiat.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
New.in.trading

Activity: 211
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 09:31:34 AM

I want to add a thought here. Who would loose the most, if BTCUSD becomes the next currency? And will those ppl simply let that happen? I am sure there is way more to come, looking at the ppl who will lose a lot power and money. They will not simply look at what happens, they will for sure try to get ppl away from btc and try to come up with that digital Dollar or what ever...
Ridi

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 05:48:19 AM

Yes for me Bitcoin is better than fiat because bitcoin fairs than fiat , bitcoin is safer, durable, smart than fiat currency and whenever it comes to transferring money, you may notice Bitcoin works more better than fiat currencies.

AliceinCrypto.com                                                           
Progressive Free 2 Play + Play 2 Earn Fantasy Fight Game with its own Exclusive NFT Collection
▐ ▌   WIN A TESLA CYBERTRUCK   |   $60,000 in BTC   |   $50,000 in ETH   |     and MORE!     |   ▐ ▌
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 07:33:49 AM

Bitcoin is not made to beat Fiat currency, of course no country wants their legal currency to lose to bitcoin, they will do everything so that legal currency is always used, the presence of bitcoin is to provide easy global transactions with low costs and of course very safe.

Ofcourse it is, the main purpose of cryptocurrency if one day people are transactioning with a blockchain and no more fiat exist to make a transaction. But at this moment, that day is still far ahead because of the fees and also people are buying bitcoin is not for transaction but use it for investment purpose.
But i'm sure if this cryptospace keep growing one day all people will use cryptocurrency as their daily transactions
Shamm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 345

Hhampuz is the best manager

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 08:51:17 AM

for me of course Bitcoin is much better than fiat...
Bitcoin has 2 functions as a currency and also an investment asset while fiat is only a currency. but many are still very afraid because of the price volatility and high Bitcoin transaction fees. *Bitcoin is unmatched

Yeah you've got a point Bitcoins are much better than fiat cause in fiat is visual an we got attempt to spend anything once we are greed than Bitcoins it takes time to process before we can buy what we want to buy an wait there's more even the price is Volatile but still there's 2 benifets we can get which are investment and trade.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|ROLLBOTS||
▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
██████████████████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
████████▀▀▀  ▄▄▄  ████████
████████▀▀▀  ███  ████████
███████▀▀▀▀      ▄████████
██  ██████████████████  ██
▀▀  ██████████  ▀▀
▀▀  ██  ▀▀
NEW|
       RLB      
WHITEPAPER
RLB LOTTERY
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Zanab247

Activity: 1190
Merit: 126

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 09:12:18 AM

Fiat is still more better than bitcoin with the following reasons:

1) population: Fiat is still more popular than bitcoin in the world. There are some countries in the world, don't care to know bitcoin in their country based, they are use to fiat.
2) control by the government: Fiat money is control by the government. Government know when to make it pump or dump because they have the power to do that in the country.
3) Very easy for uneducated people to operate .

andeluna

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 10:02:31 AM

For me yes bitcoin is better than fiat because the main reason why it is better is because of the value and advantages of bitcoin compare to fiat. 1 bitcoin can give a person thousand dollars of fiat and by having a 1 bitcoin you need a thousand dollars fiat so obviously bitcoin is better than fiat.

♲   ∞   GRN Grid   ∞   ♲
█ ♻ ▌A SUSTAINABLE FIRST BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISES ▌♻ █
GRNGrid.com
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 4333

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2021, 01:48:00 PM

2) control by the government: Fiat money is control by the government. Government know when to make it pump or dump because they have the power to do that in the country.

How can it be considered a positive attribute? Bitcoin wouldn't have been created had governments not failed at controlling fiat. The main point is when they try to manage the economy, their decisions always distort the reality of the market. Being central planners, they have no idea what actually happens between individuals and businesses. They cannot know which products to produce, in what quantities, and when these should be produced. Everything is broken because the units with which to count the value of goods are constantly changing. Bitcoin has solved this problem - it has a non-inflatable number of units over which no one has control. No one would distort the prices on the bitcoin market because they would be determined not by a single planner, but by all participants making independent decisions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Qikiye

Activity: 700
Merit: 1

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 11:48:12 PM

Bitcoin is not as secure as Fiat, but in terms of making a profit, Bitcoin cannot be equivalent or close to Fiat. However, in all those countries, bitcoin is not legal tender In all those countries, Fiat is more important than Bitcoin.

▀▄▀▄▀▄ Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 ▀▄▀▄▀▄
MascharonoM

Activity: 216
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 12:09:04 AM

I don't know much about Fiat. Is this one similar to Bitcoin?
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 01:01:13 AM

Bitcoin is not as secure as Fiat, but in terms of making a profit, Bitcoin cannot be equivalent or close to Fiat. However, in all those countries, bitcoin is not legal tender In all those countries, Fiat is more important than Bitcoin.

Bitcoin has a volatile price, so it is more risky than fiat. It is true that Bitcoin has the advantage of being able to generate profits, but it doesn't
make Bitcoin any better than fiat. Because Bitcoin still has some shortcomings, which makes many countries have not legalized Bitcoin. After all,
Bitcoin was not created to replace fiat, so it's best not to compare Bitcoin and fiat. In my opinion, both fiat and Bitcoin are needed, so it is more
ideal for both of them to co-exist, so that they can complement each other.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
NathanielParker

Activity: 113
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 06:05:23 AM

Bitcoin is different from legal currency. Legal currency is usually stable, but it is easily affected by the instability of the financial system. Although Bitcoin is unstable, Bitcoin itself is determined for system stability, not for price stability. Relatively speaking, Bitcoin It’s a safety priority, almost the safest jisuanjixitong ever.

Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 07:03:08 AM

For me yes bitcoin is better than fiat because the main reason why it is better is because of the value and advantages of bitcoin compare to fiat. 1 bitcoin can give a person thousand dollars of fiat and by having a 1 bitcoin you need a thousand dollars fiat so obviously bitcoin is better than fiat.

If we think bitcoin is better than fiat of course because the price continues to rise, but we have to admit that almost everything we buy today is still using fiat, in my opinion bitcoin and fiat currency are different things and cannot be eliminated from one another.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 07:26:10 AM

I don't know much about Fiat. Is this one similar to Bitcoin?
Dude, are you sure what you're asking? But let me answer you.

Fiat = cash

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
GoingIntoAction

Activity: 34
Merit: 31

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 09:12:05 AM

1) population: Fiat is still more popular than bitcoin in the world. There are some countries in the world, don't care to know bitcoin in their country based, they are use to fiat.
3) Very easy for uneducated people to operate .

Except for the third option, the other two do not make fiat better than Bitcoin. That something is more popular does not necessarily make it better, and that the government can manipulate our fiat money precisely makes it much worse than Bitcoin.Thinking about it is the other way around, BTC is better than fiat money because it is not controlled by any government, and being a deflationary currency and not yet as popular as fiat, you can even get rich adopting it early. Regarding that it is more difficult to use, once you learn it, it's easier for me to use BTC than fiat, but it is true that you have to educate yourself a little before. In any case, cryptocurrencies continue to evolve and are increasingly easy to use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: