Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin better than Fiat?  (Read 4244 times)
Spack17

Activity: 1624
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 10:42:59 PM

for me of course Bitcoin is much better than fiat...
Bitcoin has 2 functions as a currency and also an investment asset while fiat is only a currency. but many are still very afraid because of the price volatility and high Bitcoin transaction fees. *Bitcoin is unmatched

I agree with you. Bitcoin seems more functional than fiat to me. But the volatility in the price really makes me uncomfortable time to time especially if I have an investment.  Grin  But still it is really a huge freedom for us to have the full control of our crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 10:47:39 PM

Depends in comparison in what way, but as an asset of course Bitcoin is much better than fiat. In addition to the continuously rising Bitcoin price,
Bitcoin also gives users the freedom to manage their own finances. Unlike Fiat, which must be regulated by the government, but when compared
as payment. I still choose Fiat, because not all merchants accept Bitcoin payments. Then another problem, not all countries also allow Bitcoin
as payment. So it is very difficult for me to compare Fiat and Bitcoin, because they complement each other.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
bct-user

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 11:58:37 PM

What do you think? Is Bitcoin better than Fiat? If not, why? Is it still too early to tell? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Do you want to discuss it related to the use of Bitcoin as a payment tool or a digital asset?

If we consider Bitcoin as a payment tool, it is still too early to say 'Bitcoin better than fiat'. There are many weaknesses that Bitcoin needs to improve to be better than fiat. Bitcoin cannot be used in any place in the world as a payment tool, while fiat can be, especially dollar. Bitcoin also has too big volatility as a payment tool. It makes people hard to determine the value of Bitcoin as a payment tool.

While as a digital asset, there is no doubt that Bitcoin is more favorite than fiat. I bet people who already know Bitcoin investment, prefer to put their funds in Bitcoin investment than storing the funds to the banks. Bitcoin allows us to get much bigger profits than saving money in the banks. Also, it is easy to do it if we have had enough knowledge about it.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2021, 01:26:10 AM

Of course bitcoin better than Fiat. But it has some limitations also because transactions in bitcoin has no definite documents and no deed of valid. I think it bitcoin transactions documents could possible then all countries globally accepted Bitcoin undoubtedly.

Actually I think they both have some unique ideas and way of doings. We all know that bitcoin and other cryptos are definitely a unstable or very volatile. We do actually see this as a positive side because it has a very negative effect on us and in our some investments. We can say that this idea is a negative yet we still engage to go into because we see some possibilities and opportunities. This kind of idea are different from our long and still using fiat moneys. They both have same purpose of use but different ideas.
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2021, 01:49:46 AM

Of course bitcoin better than Fiat. But it has some limitations also because transactions in bitcoin has no definite documents and no deed of valid. I think it bitcoin transactions documents could possible then all countries globally accepted Bitcoin undoubtedly.
Yes, bitcoin and fiat has advantages to each other in different aspects but I rather transact using Bitcoin when it comes to a sum of money as the transaction fee is too high compare to what it is used to be. There's also a definite reason unto why Bitcoin isn't accepted globally such as the anonymity of every users on bitcoin which can easily lead to illegal activities.

Bitcoin is better than fiat when it comes to international transactions as sending funds isn't an issue whether it's a high or a low amount of transaction. It also has security measures especially to the user's identity as  it's rather hard to track to. But just as I said, I would rather not transact with a small amount due to fees. Also the volatility of bitcoin makes me think of it as a digital asset rather than a currency, I also think that it's one of the reason why it won't be used as a international currency. We might see currency be digitally soon but it won't be bitcoin but a stablecoin such as USDT or BUSD. 

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 03:07:13 AM

Fiat and bitcoin are both usable in our daily lives,  in short those two are good if we use it at the same time, like using bitcoin we can make fiat to support our daily need to survive, to provide the needs of our family.

About your topic title "is bitcoin better than fiat?" my answer is no, because those two have advantage and disadvantages, like bitcoin is not suited for peer to peer transaction, like if you're going to buy something in the department store you need fiat for that so fiat is better than bitcoin in that situation but bitcoin is good for online investment, or suitable for online transaction.

usernameyaya

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 03:11:48 AM

yes. as is known, dollar has been fighting for the position of fiat and many wars were launched by the US to protect its fiat status. now, dollar is getting defeated by bitcoin and blockchain, which is very pleasant. if there is fiat, then American will spare no effort to win Lips sealed so bitcoin, to some extent, saved some violence and dispute. thanks to Satoshi Cheesy
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 03:36:11 AM

For the first time in history, money is separated from the state.

I'm not doing any research but I guess there's a handful in the past, or even now, although not as large-scale as Bitcoin. Even in my country, I heard of a community which uses its own money which is not in any way acknowledged, much less sanctioned, by the state.

Bitcoin aims to be an alternative to Fiat currencies by providing financial inclusion to anyone, anywhere in the world.

I am truly curious, did Satoshi ever mention, even in passing, of creating Bitcoin for financial inclusion of everyone anywhere in the world?

Anyway, with Bitcoin comes a number of prerequisites. With fiat's cash there is none. So in this respect, fiat is better than Bitcoin.

What do you think? Is Bitcoin better than Fiat? If not, why? Is it still too early to tell? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Smiley

As already mentioned above, Bitcoin is better than fiat in certain aspects. So that's mutual. Fiat is also better than Bitcoin in certain aspects.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 03:56:42 AM

For the first time in history, money is separated from the state. Bitcoin aims to be an alternative to Fiat currencies by providing financial inclusion to anyone, anywhere in the world. A system governed by mathematics and cryptography will put an end to corruption once and for all. The pioneer cryptocurrency can be used globally without limitations thanks to its decentralized model. People can send cross-border payments in minutes without the need for ID verification, background checks, or credit checks of any kind. This brings a whole new era of financial sovereignty as we know it.

What do you think? Is Bitcoin better than Fiat? If not, why? Is it still too early to tell? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Smiley
Bitcoin is better there is little doubt about it and it is because of this governments are so nervous about this, they did everything they could to cheat their citizens out of the gold standard and while many think bitcoin will win in the end what is it going to stop the governments from cheating people from their bitcoin in the same way? The next decades are going to be interesting as I think we could begin to see central banks getting bitcoin and maybe even trying to back their currencies with bitcoin in order to lure people to them once again.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2021, 04:28:56 AM

Which is better it depends on use and your need. If you going shopping for your family from offline markets where Bitcoin isn't accepted, then you have to use fiat. There is no alternative and you have to admit here fiat is better. But when you need to send money out of your country then it's easier to send through Bitcoin. So in that case you have to admit Bitcoin is better. This is a Bitcoin forum and most of the users here support Bitcoin. But as I told still world needs fiat. We can't totally remove fiat for various reasons. Not sure what will happen after 100 years.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Amejoaquim

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 04:53:17 AM

I still prefer for fiat, but if your asking me from another point of view like "Investing" maybe you already know bitcoin is the best.

In my country i cannot use bitcoin for my daily needs, so i will prefer for fiat.
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 05:30:01 AM

I still think that bitcoin is better than fiat. There are some countries which print money regardless the amount of gold in their country, it makes inflation which make some people poor. Although the price of bitcoin is still volatile but I am sure that someday it price can be more stable and people can use bitcoin comfortably. There are many new experts in world business such as Elon Musk who get involved in bitcoin so I think Bitcoin is better than fiat, it is proven by those businessman who bought bitcoin it is mean that bitcoin is something worthy.

Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 05:41:00 AM

I still prefer for fiat, but if your asking me from another point of view like "Investing" maybe you already know bitcoin is the best.

In my country i cannot use bitcoin for my daily needs, so i will prefer for fiat.
I do prefer fiat too because bitcoin is not still a niche subject in my country so I will have a hard time looking for businesses that accepts bitcoin and I will look like an asshole if all I talk about is bitcoin, when it comes to investing, I think that both things are best that is if you know where to invest it in, I mean you can have a steady passive income stream by investing in Index Funds.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 05:56:51 AM

~
Still too early to tell, OP.
Though Bitcoin shows its convenience already with what you mentioned, without the use of ID verification, there are still many things to consider with it.
Even though there isn't KYC verification, we still have mining fees that some have problems at.
Speed of transaction is quite an issue to some as well unlike fiat that personal transaction done is == to transaction instantly done and concluded.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 06:11:39 AM

Is BTC better than fiat?It depends on what you are using it for.
I would say BTC+altcoins have become more similar to digital fiat,due to the KYC policies,which are required,if you want to use a crypto exchange platform or if you just want to buy cryptocurrencies.
Nowadays crypto exchange platforms look exactly like the fiat FOREX trading platforms.The only difference between crypto and digital fiat is the price volatility and the potential profits you are going to make.
If you comparing keeping BTC in your own cold wallet with keeping fiat money in a bank account,I would say that keeping BTC is definitely a better option,despite the fact that bank deposits are guaranteed by the state(to a certain amount).

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 06:31:19 AM

Still too early to tell, OP.
Though Bitcoin shows its convenience already with what you mentioned, without the use of ID verification, there are still many things to consider with it.
Even though there isn't KYC verification, we still have mining fees that some have problems at.
Speed of transaction is quite an issue to some as well unlike fiat that personal transaction done is == to transaction instantly done and concluded.
Yeah too early to tell, but based  on current situation, if it comes to using it as a regular currency to make day to day transaction, then no, it is unfortunately not better than fiat. Of course the technology behind crypto currencies is very innovative and impressive, there are still some drawbacks that are making crypto inferior when compared to fiat. We all know fiat is BS, but this is what everyone is using due to its flexibility and mass people have accepted it.
Like you said, transaction speed and mining fees along with few other things are what is making crypto less attractive when compared to fiat (talking about small transaction).

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Darkelf11

Activity: 509
Merit: 43

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 06:41:06 AM

If we are talking about being volatile I think cryptocurrency is one of the most than the fiat currency if you are talking about the price movement as we can see the previous year the economy down because of this pandemic and as you can see the fiat currency down and it takes a lot of months before it recovers but if you are trying to look with the crypto after a month it's already recovered the price of it in just a short time it's good feedback.

I think crypto currency is more good in investment than fiat.
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1442
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:13:07 AM

The comparison of fiat currency and cryptocurrency is a very large differentiation factor, because looking at it from angle of existence, fiat is already in existence before introduction or adoption of cryptocurrency, so now based on the popularity of cryptocurrency across the nation people still value fiat more than bitcoin, most especially old adults in the society.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2021, 07:46:45 AM

The invention of Bitcoin has further exposed the hidden agenda behind regular fiat currencies and wht the centralization does to the masses and the negative part of it called inflation. I can bet you that the folks in the regular finance system in the conventional banks aren't cool with this exposure. They wanted the world to believe that their fiat is the ultimate but Satoshi Nakamoto proved them wrong.

For the first time in history, money is separated from the state. Bitcoin aims to be an alternative to Fiat currencies by providing financial inclusion to anyone, anywhere in the world. A system governed by mathematics and cryptography will put an end to corruption once and for all. The pioneer cryptocurrency can be used globally without limitations thanks to its decentralized model. People can send cross-border payments in minutes without the need for ID verification, background checks, or credit checks of any kind. This brings a whole new era of financial sovereignty as we know it.

maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 08:25:12 AM

I don't want to compare bitcoin and fiat because, for now, bitcoin and fiat have different functions in society. While people are still using fiat money, they can also use bitcoin as a new investment besides the current investment they know. If people can not open their minds to the new thing, they will say that fiat money still better than bitcoin, but if they know about the bitcoin function, they will choose bitcoin will be better than fiat.

If you can use bitcoin and still have fiat money in your country, but you can not find a local store that accepts bitcoin, you will think more about what is better between bitcoin and fiat money. It will be no problem if your country can use both bitcoin and fiat money to buy something, so you can say that bitcoin will be better than fiat because bitcoin can be your investment besides of payment system.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: