Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:29:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinSpinner  (Read 55413 times)
fimp

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 06:15:21 PM

BitcoinSpinner version 0.5.0b is now available on the Android Market.
Cool!

I note that you didn't include my update for the Danish translation which I submitted to Google Code. How come?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 07:23:11 PM

BitcoinSpinner version 0.5.0b is now available on the Android Market.
Cool!

I note that you didn't include my update for the Danish translation which I submitted to Google Code. How come?
Oh, sorry about that. I haven't been using the issue tracking system till now. It will be added in the next update.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 12:32:20 AM

Can we get a calculator function for entering send amounts?

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 04:22:02 AM

Major Feature: BitcoinSpinner now recognizes Bitcoin address URLs
 on the form:
  "bitcoin:14VWYvbHd4R7oTFS8kEfoWZFTzbedDgwKg"
 or
  "bitcoin:14VWYvbHd4R7oTFS8kEfoWZFTzbedDgwKg?amount=1.00"
This means that if you embed an URL like this on your web-page:
Code:
<a href="bitcoin:14VWYvbHd4R7oTFS8kEfoWZFTzbedDgwKg?amount=1.00">Donate</a>
You can click it to send coins when you browse using your android phone.
This also means that another Android App can launch the Send Bitcoins page of BitcoinSpinner, which is a cool move in the direction of in-app payments.

Nice!

As of now, IMO, Android is *the* platform for using bitcoins.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 08:30:52 PM

First time I´m using it here. When I chose the scan QR code and scan a QRCode from my laptop screen, the barcode scanner finds a "plain text" but the adress field in the application is still empty. I have tried to send a small amount but I get an error message. Should the adress field be filled in with the adress from the QR code after the barcode scanner finds a bitcoin text?

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 04:01:16 AM

First time I´m using it here. When I chose the scan QR code and scan a QRCode from my laptop screen, the barcode scanner finds a "plain text" but the adress field in the application is still empty. I have tried to send a small amount but I get an error message. Should the adress field be filled in with the adress from the QR code after the barcode scanner finds a bitcoin text?

Hmm. I just used the scanner to load an address into the address book, no problem. But to test your issue, I tried to scan an address for sending coins, and indeed, no text popped up in the field. In the past, this field got filled, so I'm guessing this is a new bug.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 05:56:05 AM

Bug confirmed. Investigating.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 09:12:27 AM

Hmm. I just used the scanner to load an address into the address book, no problem. But to test your issue, I tried to scan an address for sending coins, and indeed, no text popped up in the field. In the past, this field got filled, so I'm guessing this is a new bug.

Thanks for the bug report. This issue has been fixed in version 0.5.1b.
Also in this release: Grammar and typo fixes for the Danish translation. Kudos to Fimp.

istar

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:49:43 PM

Thanks for the bug report. This issue has been fixed in version 0.5.1b.
Also in this release: Grammar and typo fixes for the Danish translation. Kudos to Fimp.

That was quick! Really nice client! Though a password would be nice...
Unfortunatly I was quick too at loosing my two coins in the wallet Sad (I was stupid...)
What is the prefered way to upgrade the client?

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 07:38:15 PM

That was quick! Really nice client! Though a password would be nice...
Unfortunatly I was quick too at loosing my two coins in the wallet Sad (I was stupid...)
What is the prefered way to upgrade the client?

I wonder how you managed to loose your two coins. Did you uninstall the app?

The first thing to do after installing is to backup your wallet. This is a one-time operation where you take a picture of a backup-QR code. Once this is done you can always restore your wallet on a new phone if you happen to drop your device in the ocean.

Regarding upgrades, you basically just update from the android marketplace. Your wallet will stay intact. If you are paranoid you can download the sources, review the code and roll your own.

A password/PIN has been requested by others as well, and it is on my list. For now you could choose to lock your phone.

istar

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 08:39:18 PM

Got the phone yesterday and was in a hurry to demo sending coins Cheesy
I took the backup picture and tried to paste it, what happened was that it pasted a code, so I assumed that the code was what the picture was supposed to contain. Than I uninstalled the app to not cause any problem with installing a new over an old.

However, I was wrong stupid  Roll Eyes

Though I tried to repeat and it do seem like there is no way to save the image into memory.
Or maybe there is some setting...Somewhere in the phone to allow access.

This was on a Samsung Galaxy SII.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 06:30:29 PM

We now have a new release procedure.

Releasing a new version of BitcoinSpinner now requires two individuals to take action. One to build and sign the app and another person to upload it to the Andriod market.
I now own the app in the Android market, including the rights to publish the app. However, have no access to the Miracle signing key, which they also use for other apps.

All in all this means that at least two individuals have to conspire to introduce malicious code into BitcoinSpinner.
Of cause, If you are really paranoid you should follow the change log and roll your own.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 01:03:20 PM

Version 0.5.2b is out. Get it from the Android market.

Added support for multiple currencies. You can now select which currency you would like to use in settings. This allows you to display your current balance with the following currencies: USD, AUD, CAD, CHF, CNY, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB

Enjoy

realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 06:23:55 PM

Added support for multiple currencies. You can now select which currency you would like to use in settings. This allows you to display your current balance with the following currencies: USD, AUD, CAD, CHF, CNY, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB

Enjoy

Tried it.

Settings menu shows a blank named option under language.  Clicking on it does let me choose a currency (so I assume the blank is meant to say "currency" or similar).

Regardless of what currency I choose; no value shows (like the screenshots) under the balance.  Instead it simply repeats the "Coins on their way to you:" string.

Looks to me like a minor string ID bug.

Feature request: can the currency support extend to the "send bitcoins" dialog?  It would be at its most convenient if there was an easy way of sending "26 USD" (or whatever).  Maybe just a button to toggle between BTC and currency next to the "amount to pay" text box?

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
arrowdebreu

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 11:51:21 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2012, 01:00:55 PM by arrowdebreu

Thanks for the support for multiple currencies!

Another feature request: It would be great to have a "receive bitcoins" dialog with the currency support. As a receiver I would be able to specify the requested amount in any currency which is then converted to BTC and added to the QR-code.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 12:11:08 PM

Enjoy

Tried it.

Settings menu shows a blank named option under language.  Clicking on it does let me choose a currency (so I assume the blank is meant to say "currency" or similar).

Regardless of what currency I choose; no value shows (like the screenshots) under the balance.  Instead it simply repeats the "Coins on their way to you:" string.

Looks to me like a minor string ID bug.

Feature request: can the currency support extend to the "send bitcoins" dialog?  It would be at its most convenient if there was an easy way of sending "26 USD" (or whatever).  Maybe just a button to toggle between BTC and currency next to the "amount to pay" text box?
Seems that updated the app in the short window Friday/Saturday where there was a glitch in the string constants. Update again and you should be good.
I'll take a look at enhancing the 'send bitcoins' dialog.
You probably need to do an update.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:02:27 PM

I'm hoping this is the thread I need to subscribe to in order to be informed about updates?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
2_Thumbs_Up

Activity: 323
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 05:11:51 PM

I must say I really prefer the features of your app over Bitcoin Wallet for Android. I'm torn between the apps though because I think Bitcoin Wallet is almost perfect visually. But in the end features outweigh being pleasing to the eye, and since it's light weigth it's by far the better app to promote to people on the fly.

I have some feedback and feature requests though on how to make your app even better. So here it comes in order of personal preference.

1. I would very much like a possibility to send bitcoins over SMS, e-mail, or any other way of my choice using the built-in android share API. This would be a killer feature that a lot of people I promote bitcoin to would seem to appreciate as well. There is a fairly easy way to do this that I haven't seen in any client yet, using "bitcoin containers" as I proposed in this thread. The idea seemed to be recieving mostly favourable responses, so it would be pretty cool to see it in action. Android would be the ultimate platform for this as well because of its integration with the phone book and all other installed apps. You could easily send bitcoins to anyone of your acquaintances, even if they don't have a client!

edit: I just realized you actually posted in the thread i linked to so you are aware of the idea. I hope you like it and think of implementing something similar to what was proposed.

2. Integration with the android phone book. You should be able to assign a bitcoin adress to your phone contacts, so you could go from other apps such as people or the sms app directly to the send menu of bitcoin spinner by clicking on their profile picture. It would be a nice feature and easier to implement but would lose some of its value if #1 is implemented.

3. This is mostly a personal preference, but I really like Electrums way of backing up your wallet through a mnemonic code rather than through a QR-code. I feel like it gives you more control over how to keep your back-up safe. I would very much like the possibility to back up my mobile money the same way (which could possibly make synching between computer and phone easier as well, I don't know if you use the same type of deterministic algorithm though). This is fairly low priority to me though compared to the above suggestions, and I understand if you prefer to keep the app simpler and only provide one way to backup.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 08:42:20 PM

I must say I really prefer the features of your app over Bitcoin Wallet for Android. I'm torn between the apps though because I think Bitcoin Wallet is almost perfect visually. But in the end features outweigh being pleasing to the eye, and since it's light weigth it's by far the better app to promote to people on the fly.

I have some feedback and feature requests though on how to make your app even better. So here it comes in order of personal preference.

1. I would very much like a possibility to send bitcoins over SMS, e-mail, or any other way of my choice using the built-in android share API. This would be a killer feature that a lot of people I promote bitcoin to would seem to appreciate as well. There is a fairly easy way to do this that I haven't seen in any client yet, using "bitcoin containers" as I proposed in this thread. The idea seemed to be recieving mostly favourable responses, so it would be pretty cool to see it in action. Android would be the ultimate platform for this as well because of its integration with the phone book and all other installed apps. You could easily send bitcoins to anyone of your acquaintances, even if they don't have a client!

edit: I just realized you actually posted in the thread i linked to so you are aware of the idea. I hope you like it and think of implementing something similar to what was proposed.

2. Integration with the android phone book. You should be able to assign a bitcoin adress to your phone contacts, so you could go from other apps such as people or the sms app directly to the send menu of bitcoin spinner by clicking on their profile picture. It would be a nice feature and easier to implement but would lose some of its value if #1 is implemented.

3. This is mostly a personal preference, but I really like Electrums way of backing up your wallet through a mnemonic code rather than through a QR-code. I feel like it gives you more control over how to keep your back-up safe. I would very much like the possibility to back up my mobile money the same way (which could possibly make synching between computer and phone easier as well, I don't know if you use the same type of deterministic algorithm though). This is fairly low priority to me though compared to the above suggestions, and I understand if you prefer to keep the app simpler and only provide one way to backup.

1. I have been thinking about something like this for some time, but never got around to implement it. So many ideas, so little time  Sad

2. Yes, this would be a nice feature. However but it would also require that the app gets privileges to look into the address book of your phone. For now BitcoinSpinner only requires privileges for network connectivity, and with the amount of paranoid users in the Bitcoin community I'd like to keep it at that.

3. The first alpha version of BitcoinSpinner (which was never made publicly available) derived its seed for the its deterministic wallet from a passphrase and salt that you had to remember. SimpleClient which is the first Bitcoin client based on the BCCAPI still does it this way.
In the end I decided that it was too cumbersome, error-prone, and insecure. Instead I went for a fully random 32-byte seed, and added functionality for backing it up in a QR-code instead.

fimp

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 02:23:46 PM

Bug report:

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/3644838/b0bf515b1e38d8957561bde14fc4f673394a071e01004d61fae48900fa9def35

The transaction above refuses to complete in my BitcoinSpinner. It just keeps saying the coins are on their way.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: