Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinSpinner  (Read 55413 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:29:59 AM

Yes. It is the same problem, and i can reproduce it. There is currently a bug with sending amounts smaller than one BTC. The UI simply doesn't enable/disable the button right.
I'll see if i can get a fix out by monday.

hmmm, a few wks ago i was able to send 0.9995

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 03:43:29 PM

Yes. It is the same problem, and i can reproduce it. There is currently a bug with sending amounts smaller than one BTC. The UI simply doesn't enable/disable the button right.

Beta 0.4 fixes several crash bugs, but introduced a bug where the UI code does not take the value after the decimal separator into consideration when enabling/disabling the Send Bitcoins button. I have a fix for the bug and will ask Miracle to publish a new version ASAP. I expect this to go through tomorrow (Monday).

In the meantime: This does not affect the values being sent, it just makes the UI behave incorrectly when enabling/disabling the send button. Sometimes it enables the Send Button when you have entered a value that is larger than what you have and sometimes it disables the send button when you have entered a value that is valid. As long as you send an amount that is at least 1 BTC and smaller that the amount you have - 0.0005 everything works as expected.

Thanks for your patience.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 04:54:39 PM

hello jan,

thank you for the quick response.

i use the private key and transfer the amount of bitcoin spinner wallet.
so, don't hurry.
the export feature of the private key saves me...  Cheesy

another question:
is it really necessary to spend the amount of 0.0005 as fee ?
can you make it as an option ? so i can decide to spend that or not.

thank you
pazor

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
pazor
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 06:54:59 PM

hello jan,

i have a following question:
how can a start a rescan of the blockchain ?

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:30:49 PM

hello jan,

i have a following question:
how can a start a rescan of the blockchain ?

IIRC, the app doesn't download the blockchain. The server that it connects to keeps a copy, so you don't have direct access to it (saving several hundred MB of data that would otherwise be kept on your phone.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 05:05:06 AM

Hi, can you tell us where the up to date source for Bitcoinspinner are? Because on code.google.com/p/bitcoinspinner the manifest show 0.3.1b but version 0.4.1b is in the market.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 08:28:24 AM

hello jan,

so, don't hurry.

another question:

thank you
pazor

Many Bitcoin nodes will not forward or include your transaction in a block unless it contains a fee. This fee is part of the Bitcoin network's strategy at avoiding a transaction flood with many many tiny transactions sending for instance 0.000000001 BTC. There are circumstances where you can send a zero fee transaction:
1. You have a path to a miner that does not require a fee, and where no one on the path require any fees.
2. Your transaction is based on transactoin outputs that are 'old'. There is a thread explaining this in more detail here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51081.0

If you send a zero fee transaction your transaction might get stuck if 1 or 2 above are not satisfied. And to resolve this you have to some geeky manual steps (with the Satoshi client). There are several threads on this forum where frustrated users complain about this.

With BitcoinSpinner I do not want users to get into this situation. I want to make as sure as possible that their transactions get through.  So 0.0005 is always added as the fee. Going forward I will take a closer look at the scenarios (2) where a transaction can go through without a fee if the transaction is based on 'old' transaction outputs.

At the end we are talking about a 0.0005 BTC fee, which is less than one cent.

Furthermore when using BitcoinSpinner you do not have the block chain on your device, and you cannot do a manual rescan as with the -rescan option on the satoshi client.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 08:40:40 AM

Beta 0.4 fixes several crash bugs, but introduced a bug where the UI code does not take the value after the decimal separator into consideration when enabling/disabling the Send Bitcoins button. I have a fix for the bug and will ask Miracle to publish a new version ASAP. I expect this to go through tomorrow (Monday).

In the meantime: This does not affect the values being sent, it just makes the UI behave incorrectly when enabling/disabling the send button. Sometimes it enables the Send Button when you have entered a value that is larger than what you have and sometimes it disables the send button when you have entered a value that is valid. As long as you send an amount that is at least 1 BTC and smaller that the amount you have - 0.0005 everything works as expected.

Thanks for your patience.

Followup: I am not sure if I should laugh or cry. The original developer of BitcoinSpinner is on vacation and will come back Monday  January 16 (One week from now). He has the signing key for uploading updates to the Android Marketplace, and he cannot reach it from where he is. This means that the bug described above will have to wait one week. Given that the bug is not serious, this is not too bad. However, this reminds me that there should be another upload procedure  Roll Eyes

The good news is that I have added another feature, which allows you to see the USD value of your balance if it was sold on Mtgox at the current buying rate. There has been quite some demand for this.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 08:48:39 AM

Hi, can you tell us where the up to date source for Bitcoinspinner are? Because on code.google.com/p/bitcoinspinner the manifest show 0.3.1b but version 0.4.1b is in the market.
The sources are here: http://code.google.com/p/bitcoinspinner/source/checkout
Revision 13 is the 0.4b release (without the actual version number change). Before the original developer went on vacation (see my post above) he made a change (0.4.1b) that fixed the QR code dialog so it renders correctly on devices with high resolution (tablets and high end devices). He did not submit this to the repository before he went, which is a blunder on his behalf.

fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 09:21:07 AM

Followup: I am not sure if I should laugh or cry. The original developer of BitcoinSpinner is on vacation and will come back Monday  January 16 (One week from now). He has the signing key for uploading updates to the Android Marketplace, and he cannot reach it from where he is. This means that the bug described above will have to wait one week. Given that the bug is not serious, this is not too bad. However, this reminds me that there should be another upload procedure  Roll Eyes

big advantage of password safes: leave no key behind  Wink
also usually allows for easy sharing of subsets of keys by import/export of subcategories.

The good news is that I have added another feature, which allows you to see the USD value of your balance if it was sold on Mtgox at the current buying rate. There has been quite some demand for this.

thats indeed nice. and there is still one week of vacation left for more features  Tongue
pazor
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 10:19:26 AM

hello jan,

so, don't hurry.

another question:

thank you
pazor

Many Bitcoin nodes will not forward or include your transaction in a block unless it contains a fee. This fee is part of the Bitcoin network's strategy at avoiding a transaction flood with many many tiny transactions sending for instance 0.000000001 BTC. There are circumstances where you can send a zero fee transaction:
1. You have a path to a miner that does not require a fee, and where no one on the path require any fees.
2. Your transaction is based on transactoin outputs that are 'old'. There is a thread explaining this in more detail here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51081.0

If you send a zero fee transaction your transaction might get stuck if 1 or 2 above are not satisfied. And to resolve this you have to some geeky manual steps (with the Satoshi client). There are several threads on this forum where frustrated users complain about this.

With BitcoinSpinner I do not want users to get into this situation. I want to make as sure as possible that their transactions get through.  So 0.0005 is always added as the fee. Going forward I will take a closer look at the scenarios (2) where a transaction can go through without a fee if the transaction is based on 'old' transaction outputs.

At the end we are talking about a 0.0005 BTC fee, which is less than one cent.

Furthermore when using BitcoinSpinner you do not have the block chain on your device, and you cannot do a manual rescan as with the -rescan option on the satoshi client.

hi jan,

thank you for your response.

about the rescan.

now i have the locked amount of 1btc in bitcoin spinner.
i got access on the blockchain using the private key of bitcoinspinner wallet and i moved the 1btc to another address of me.

so the balance of the wallet in the bitcoinspinner app is zero. verified by the blockchain / blockexplorer.com

but on the screen of bitcoinspinner the balance is still 1btc. how can i reset this balance?
i tried to reload the app (reinstall) and restore the wallet. still 1btc on balance.

maybe i have create one more bitcoin ? lol  Grin

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 11:07:47 AM

hi jan,

about the rescan.

i got access on the blockchain using the private key of bitcoinspinner wallet and i moved the 1btc to another address of me.

so the balance of the wallet in the bitcoinspinner app is zero. verified by the blockchain / blockexplorer.com

but on the screen of bitcoinspinner the balance is still 1btc. how can i reset this balance?
i tried to reload the app (reinstall) and restore the wallet. still 1btc on balance.

lol, interesting way to create wealth. Let me know how you did it  Wink
Good to know that you got your Bitcoin out. Another way to go around the UI validation bug is to have 1.0005 BTC (or more) in your wallet. Then the UI allows you to send the Bitcoin.
Can you send me your Bitcoin address? I'd like to investigate

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 02:12:35 PM

hi jan,

about the rescan.

Good to know that you got your Bitcoin out. Another way to go around the UI validation bug is to have 1.0005 BTC (or more) in your wallet. Then the UI allows you to send the Bitcoin.
No need. I found a minor bug in the server backend where we did not properly handle balances with coins spent from a BCCAPI client wallet where the transaction did not originate from the wallet itself. And this is exactly what you did  Wink
After the fix I reapplied the block chain, and your wallet should now display a zero balance. If you have the time then please try the procedure again and let me know the results.
This is actually a good use-case, where you can use the same private key with multiple wallets.

pazor
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 02:14:50 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2012, 02:28:04 PM by pazor

this is the bitcoin adress created and handled by the bitcoin spinner app.

1LYFbR5Y8SxVWGVQ7kTUx4mLc5Yb4m6wDy

as you can see in the blockexplorer the balance is zero.

and this is a hardcopy of the (ups... it is now on zero)
ok... it seems that the update has a delay ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/117763886284927845233/9Januar2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

now the balance on the bitcoin spinner is also zero.

and so no bug...  Grin

and no new way to create new bitcoins  Wink

greetings
pazor

pazor
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 02:18:20 PM

hi jan,

about the rescan.

No need. I found a minor bug in the server backend where we did not properly handle balances with coins spent from a BCCAPI client wallet where the transaction did not originate from the wallet itself. And this is exactly what you did  Wink
After the fix I reapplied the block chain, and your wallet should now display a zero balance. If you have the time then please try the procedure again and let me know the results.
This is actually a good use-case, where you can use the same private key with multiple wallets.

our replies have overlapping each other

dunand

Activity: 637

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 02:47:54 PM

I had the same problem yesterday. I sended 0.1337 BTC to bitcoinspinner. 
I exported the private key and imported into electrum. (this work perfectly btw)
From electrum I sended the fund to another address.
Even after several new block generation, my balance was still 0.1337 BTC in bitcoinspinner.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 07:09:36 PM

Thanks, now it makes sense.

realnowhereman

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 12:40:55 PM

I've just used the "Private Key" function in BitcoinSpinner.  I don't know what is being exported but it's not a private key.  It's more than 32 bytes when decoded from the base58 string that BitcoinSpinner issues.

I was going to cut and paste it into my blockchain.info wallet, but it is (quite correctly) rejected.

Do I need to strip a few prefix bytes off?

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 01:02:51 PM

I've just used the "Private Key" function in BitcoinSpinner.  I don't know what is being exported but it's not a private key.  It's more than 32 bytes when decoded from the base58 string that BitcoinSpinner issues.

I was going to cut and paste it into my blockchain.info wallet, but it is (quite correctly) rejected.

Do I need to strip a few prefix bytes off?
The format used is what Sirius implemented for the satoshi client, which is currently a patch you have to apply. I believe that the same format is used by pywallet.
The format is 1+32+4 bytes
1 byte: encodes the network (0x80 for production network)
32 bytes: private key
4 bytes: check sum, which is 4 first bytes of Sha256(byte 0 - 33)
The lot is then base-58 encoded

Source:
   /**
    * Get the private key as a base-58 encoded key.
    * @param network
    *           The network parameters to use
    * @return The private key as a base-58 encoded key.
    */
   public String getBase58EncodedKey(Network network) {
      byte[] toEncode = new byte[1 + 32 + 4];
      // Set network
      toEncode[0] = network == Network.productionNetwork ? (byte) 0x80 : (byte) 0xEF;
      // Set key bytes
      byte[] keyBytes = getPrivateKeyBytes();
      System.arraycopy(keyBytes, 0, toEncode, 1, keyBytes.length);
      // Set checksum
      byte[] checkSum = HashUtils.doubleSha256(toEncode, 0, 1 + 32);
      System.arraycopy(checkSum, 0, toEncode, 1 + 32, 4);
      // Encode
      return Base58.encode(toEncode);
   }

Link to source: http://code.google.com/p/bccapi/source/browse/trunk/src/com/bccapi/core/PrivateECKeyExporter.java

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 01:06:22 PM

Just tried importing a BitcoinSpinner private key with Blockchain.info. You have to use "Sipa Wallet Import Format" when importing on their site.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: