Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 41111 times)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2131
Merit: 1398

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 05:41:34 PM

Came home from work today, and the miner had timed itself out. No big deal because I Restarted my miner and it was up and running again no issues. Only thing is now it is starting to make an awful sound every couple seconds. I have a feeling this noise is coming from the fan since it is a moving part. has anyone else run into this issue yet? If so what is the remedy. Should I safely stop the unit from mining and safely shut down the node till i find the culprit or is it safe? Operating temperature is fine. Everything looks great besides this weird sound. have been running in ECO mode since the unit came online. Haven't messed with any settings. Maybe something is coming loose or starting to?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes others have the same issue. It's the CPU fan on the SBC, temps will be fine it will just be noisy. I've temporarily unplugged mine until support sends me another one

I merely tightened the 2 mount screws. It worked for me but not others.

It is not the larger fan.  It is a very small fan about 3/4 of an inch on the underside of the unit.

25x25x7

If tightening the screws does not work just reach out to support (hello at futurebit dot io), and well send you over a new fan.

Quick update to the initial bugs, we are testing through the final release now and should have an update pushed to your dashboards next week.

We have fixed both the dashboard stats issue over webUI, as well as a temporary fix for the miner crashing for users with spotty internet connections.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1032

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 06:37:36 PM

Came home from work today, and the miner had timed itself out. No big deal because I Restarted my miner and it was up and running again no issues. Only thing is now it is starting to make an awful sound every couple seconds. I have a feeling this noise is coming from the fan since it is a moving part. has anyone else run into this issue yet? If so what is the remedy. Should I safely stop the unit from mining and safely shut down the node till i find the culprit or is it safe? Operating temperature is fine. Everything looks great besides this weird sound. have been running in ECO mode since the unit came online. Haven't messed with any settings. Maybe something is coming loose or starting to?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes others have the same issue. It's the CPU fan on the SBC, temps will be fine it will just be noisy. I've temporarily unplugged mine until support sends me another one

I merely tightened the 2 mount screws. It worked for me but not others.

It is not the larger fan.  It is a very small fan about 3/4 of an inch on the underside of the unit.

25x25x7

If tightening the screws does not work just reach out to support (hello at futurebit dot io), and well send you over a new fan.

Quick update to the initial bugs, we are testing through the final release now and should have an update pushed to your dashboards next week.

We have fixed both the dashboard stats issue over webUI, as well as a temporary fix for the miner crashing for users with spotty internet connections.

Awesome news! If you need/want any help testing the new dashboard I'll gladly volunteer
gt_addict

Activity: 2506
Merit: 622

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 07:51:33 PM

Superb news!! Thanks for the hardwork John and the futurebit team

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
jbrow8

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 09:20:47 PM

I have a problem, I paid for two apollo-btc units , (batch one), and only one arrived. Since then I have sent all the documentation requested, received an apology, and assurance that the missing items were to mailed out, but after three weeks now nothing, not even a response to my recent inquiries about the status of my unfulfilled order. Its only about $350 in BTC but the reputation of the company is in my mind very bad. Its one thing to make a mistake and fix it, but to ignore my email inquiries into my paid order is not something a reputable establishment can or should survive. At best the over priced bug ridden device billed as an American company achievement is now starting to look like more of a disgrace. Just wondering who else has similar problems before I get banned from posting.
100knot2dae

Activity: 100
Merit: 29

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 10:38:43 AM

@jstefanop:
Would be great if you could provide an aarch64 build of the apollo-miner with a statically linked libstdc++. Turns out that the arm64 RPI OS build (which is based on Debian Buster) does not come with a gcc9 based libstdc++, so the linker fails:

Code:
$ ./apollo-miner 
./apollo-miner: /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found (required by ./apollo-miner)

Most probably it works on the arm64 Ubuntu version (anyone tried btw?), but I rather wanted to stick to the RPI OS Buster setup for some reasons.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 08:22:13 PM

I have a problem, I paid for two apollo-btc units , (batch one), and only one arrived. Since then I have sent all the documentation requested, received an apology, and assurance that the missing items were to mailed out, but after three weeks now nothing, not even a response to my recent inquiries about the status of my unfulfilled order. Its only about $350 in BTC but the reputation of the company is in my mind very bad. Its one thing to make a mistake and fix it, but to ignore my email inquiries into my paid order is not something a reputable establishment can or should survive. At best the over priced bug ridden device billed as an American company achievement is now starting to look like more of a disgrace. Just wondering who else has similar problems before I get banned from posting.

Have no idea who you are, but I do know all outstanding order issues were shipped last week. If your issue was not responded to in the last few days its because the team is out for 4th of July weekend. Simply send another email and youll be taken care of by Tuesday.

And to answer your question, no there is no one else with your issue, because we are not in the business of not shipping what our customers ordered. Mistakes happen and we resolve all of them as quickly as humanly possible.

Thanks for the kind words though  Kiss

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 08:26:09 PM

@jstefanop:
Would be great if you could provide an aarch64 build of the apollo-miner with a statically linked libstdc++. Turns out that the arm64 RPI OS build (which is based on Debian Buster) does not come with a gcc9 based libstdc++, so the linker fails:

Code:
$ ./apollo-miner 
./apollo-miner: /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found (required by ./apollo-miner)

Most probably it works on the arm64 Ubuntu version (anyone tried btw?), but I rather wanted to stick to the RPI OS Buster setup for some reasons.

Yea future releases will have this resolved, fix for this currently is under this git issue:

https://github.com/jstefanop/Apollo-Miner-Binaries/issues/1

100knot2dae

Activity: 100
Merit: 29

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 08:51:09 PM

@jstefanop:

Code:
$ ./apollo-miner 

Yea future releases will have this resolved, fix for this currently is under this git issue:

https://github.com/jstefanop/Apollo-Miner-Binaries/issues/1

That's great news, thank you! True, upgrading to Debian Sid would solve that, but I'd rather keep Buster (stable).
farside847

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 12:31:17 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2021, 01:27:27 AM by farside847

Super excited about these units! I did have three questions:
  • Do these units come with a warranty in case of unlikely failure?
  • How many of the "standard" units can be connected to a "full" version?
  • Does this support SHA256asicboost?

thanks!
r00tdude

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 01:33:55 AM

thanks!

John - do you ship these to shitcoiners? :/

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
r00tdude

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 01:43:10 AM

As a customer of FutureBit before it was FutureBit, I can tell you that your experience is certainly not indicative of the performance of John's company over these many years from the original Moonlander through this rig: I can also say that you can complain publicly until the cows come home, and I'd still gladly buy every unit John would make available to me.

You make yourself look bad by making truly unfounded complaints like these publicly (bug ridden/overpriced) - disputes like this are always best handled privately between the two parties.

If you don't want your rigs, sell them to me for the full price you paid for them and forget you ever posted in this thread. I'm available by PM here.

r00tdude

Max1965

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 02:02:44 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2021, 01:53:23 PM by Max1965

Is there a way how to check ssd drive on full package.

I don't see its available through web dashboard in system utilization anymore.

I can't start node. It was 100% sync and probably I did not shoot down properly.

What's the best way to troubleshoot? Is this hardware issue or I just need to re-mound drive.

Thank you
cryptofreshman

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2021, 04:08:49 AM

SO..... I tried something clever. But I failed in my endeavor.  Huh I tried downloading bfgminer onto my new futurebit apollo btc so that I can plug a USB hub into the port and run my Moonlander 2 but I get an error because I must have downloaded the wrong build. Correct me because I am a complete n00b dealing with Unix systems. Just thought it would be cool.  Looks like I'll just sell the USB miner since i cant figure out a way to get it up and running.

As always, Happy Mining! Come on Batch 3 Release!!!!!!! BTC Grin
cryptofreshman

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2021, 04:16:00 AM

As a customer of FutureBit before it was FutureBit, I can tell you that your experience is certainly not indicative of the performance of John's company over these many years from the original Moonlander through this rig: I can also say that you can complain publicly until the cows come home, and I'd still gladly buy every unit John would make available to me.

You make yourself look bad by making truly unfounded complaints like these publicly (bug ridden/overpriced) - disputes like this are always best handled privately between the two parties.

If you don't want your rigs, sell them to me for the full price you paid for them and forget you ever posted in this thread. I'm available by PM here.

r00tdude

jbrow8   Forget about r00tdude! Sell them to me first!  These Rigs stand for everything the original pioneers stood for! Performance and price wise you wont find anything that can compete. There is a reason why so many are being sold and why a lot of people complaining they keep missing out on purchasing one is because they are great little quiet desktop workhorses chomping at the BTC! (pun intended) and I'm all with r00tdude.. go take this up with John himself in private have some class.
farside847

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 05:07:30 AM

thanks!

Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend, I am new to setting up a device like this and the pool gives me two options for sha256. Even after a few google searches I still don’t really understand what asciboost is. I only want to mine Bitcoin (and I thought having a node would be cool), so I am guessing that means I should select sha256 as my algorithm…

r00tdude

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 11:08:50 AM

thanks!

Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend, I am new to setting up a device like this and the pool gives me two options for sha256. Even after a few google searches I still don’t really understand what asciboost is. I only want to mine Bitcoin (and I thought having a node would be cool), so I am guessing that means I should select sha256 as my algorithm…

Hey - yeah, ASICBoost bug was corrected in Bitcoin with the implementation of Segwit - Only shitcoins BCASH and BSV still suffer from this exploit which was kept in the protocol due to Bitmain's means to exploit it for mining profit (Jihad Wu being one of the supporters of the BCASH fork).

Anyway, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but you really shouldn't be supporting those forked shitcoins with these fine pieces of American engineering.

You really shouldn't be supporting pools that throw hash at those coins either. Try SlushPool.

r00tdude

farside847

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 02:21:41 PM

thanks!

Hey - yeah, ASICBoost bug was corrected in Bitcoin with the implementation of Segwit - Only shitcoins BCASH and BSV still suffer from this exploit which was kept in the protocol due to Bitmain's means to exploit it for mining profit (Jihad Wu being one of the supporters of the BCASH fork).

Anyway, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but you really shouldn't be supporting those forked shitcoins with these fine pieces of American engineering.

You really shouldn't be supporting pools that throw hash at those coins either. Try SlushPool.

r00tdude

Oh I had no idea. Thank you for this information. It’s good to know!

I will definitely check out SlushPool instead, sounds like a better route.

Thanks!

r00tdude

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 02:43:53 PM

thanks!

r00tdude

Oh I had no idea. Thank you for this information. It’s good to know!

I will definitely check out SlushPool instead, sounds like a better route.

Thanks!

Rock on!

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8042

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2021, 12:44:45 AM

r00tdude

He has a right to complain if it is true.

So far I see zero evidence he is lying or telling the truth.

Since he would know his order number.  He could post it here and the op could confirm  that the order was for 2 units. Or not.

I know the op for over 5 years.  While his gear has had issues here and there. He has always stood by it and fixed the issues. One by one.

I would love to see evidence of 2 units purchased or not.

All I see is a newbie complain without saying I had order xxxx or order xxx2

I paid xxxx here is my receipt.

To me if a person complains publicly he should give some evidence publicly.

He can cut the address and name.

my order on feb  with enough info to prove I did an order. and what  I paid.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
jeyzeus

Activity: 75
Merit: 37

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 03:26:03 PM

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I i do recall reading that you were working on different apps. Just wanted to try to throw an additional idea out there:

https://diff.cryptothis.com/

Does anyone know how we might be able to use our own node's statistic to make a local version for the above site? I feel like it could be a cool project but I'd have no idea how or where to get started.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: