Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 116 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 41521 times)
gt_addict

Activity: 2520
Merit: 623

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 10:07:22 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2021, 10:22:41 PM by gt_addict

See above from July 23, 2021, 09:46:03 PM some updates related pilot group who wish to receive update Roll Eyes

Dude, do me a favour, stop posting useless info. I follow this thread closely and I’m fully aware about the pilot for people to do “beta” testing before it goes OTA. It’s been a couple of days and thought it worthwhile asking if there were any updates i.e. did the pilot testing go ok? Any setbacks etc.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1032

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 11:46:54 PM

See above from July 23, 2021, 09:46:03 PM some updates related pilot group who wish to receive update Roll Eyes

Dude, do me a favour, stop posting useless info. I follow this thread closely and I’m fully aware about the pilot for people to do “beta” testing before it goes OTA. It’s been a couple of days and thought it worthwhile asking if there were any updates i.e. did the pilot testing go ok? Any setbacks etc.

I've been personally testing the update and had issues while upgrading. We managed to sort it all out then it required me to start from scratch with an SD card reflash but since then it's been working perfectly. Update fixes the stat display issue and the restart/shutdown buttons not working in the webUI. I'd imagine release will be imminent as the kinks seem to have been worked out now

Also just saw you posted the link to the dual fan RPi heatsink, please let me know the outcome of that and if it fits... Definitely a route I'd go down
gt_addict

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 06:25:02 AM

I've been personally testing the update and had issues while upgrading. We managed to sort it all out then it required me to start from scratch with an SD card reflash but since then it's been working perfectly. Update fixes the stat display issue and the restart/shutdown buttons not working in the webUI. I'd imagine release will be imminent as the kinks seem to have been worked out now

Also just saw you posted the link to the dual fan RPi heatsink, please let me know the outcome of that and if it fits... Definitely a route I'd go down

Glad to hear its gone ok. Hopefully it wont require everyone to start from scratch.

Yep as soon as it arrives and I have some time I will attempt to get it fitted. I’m hoping its just a flat bottom heatsink and hasn't got any specific indents for chips. Either way I have various options for fans coming so plenty to try out.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

heslo
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 07:55:24 AM

Glad to hear its gone ok. Hopefully it wont require everyone to start from scratch.

Nah it won't; it was only due to a botched update that I had to start from scratch again. The full OTA update should be pretty much seamless
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2137
Merit: 1398

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 03:00:21 PM

Yea we are pushing release to everyone later today. You should see a yellow update button in the UI.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
gt_addict

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 03:51:19 PM

Yea we are pushing release to everyone later today. You should see a yellow update button in the UI.

Sweet!! The big question is. Will it show in the Web UI aswell as the standard one through a monitor  Cheesy

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 05:02:30 PM

Sweet!! The big question is. Will it show in the Web UI aswell as the standard one through a monitor  Cheesy

It should, that part of the UI should not have been affected by this bug. You can also manually trigger the update if the button does not show up.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 09:08:09 PM

Update has been pushed to all users. Just press the update button and the UI should show the progress of the update. Do not shutdown/refresh the browser while the update is being complete. The update could take up to 15 minutes to complete so please be patient.

Once the update completes, youll need to reboot your machine to start mining again. The reboot option in the webUI should work now.

Update 0.3.1

-fixed issue where some users were not able to see stats of the WebUI over a local network connection
-fixed issue where an internet connection outage would cause the miner to not resume mining
-shutdown/reboot system commands now work
-prevents node from syncing to sd card if there is an issue with the nvme drive
-lots of other bug fixes/updates for system stability

gt_addict

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 09:34:35 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2021, 10:17:37 PM by gt_addict

Updating now even though its late and I’m half asleep lol

Edit, I can confirm the reboot button works and I can see all the info through the Web UI now aswell.

Edit 2, Just noticed that the Web UI works and updates as it should (switched from custom to balanced miner setting). When switching back to the Standard UI (via hdmi) the Miner dashboard still reads the custom settings. Also the “Settings” page still reads Custom rather than Balanced. All other stats read correct though.

crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 10:21:52 PM

Update has been pushed to all users. Just press the update button and the UI should show the progress of the update. Do not shutdown/refresh the browser while the update is being complete. The update could take up to 15 minutes to complete so please be patient.

Once the update completes, youll need to reboot your machine to start mining again. The reboot option in the webUI should work now.

Update 0.3.1

-fixed issue where some users were not able to see stats of the WebUI over a local network connection
-fixed issue where an internet connection outage would cause the miner to not resume mining

Great, thanks! When can we expect standalone miner update?
cryptonite!

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 11:00:05 PM

Update 0.3.1

just did update and reboot  why miners now inactive ?
killasapo

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:33:20 AM

Should we or should we not Apply the following Security and OS update Huh
Attached is an image of what I am presented with upon login via Putty to the futurebit BTC

https://i.imgur.com/9duwD3o.png
dwood443

Activity: 95
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:49:58 AM

Update 0.3.1

just did update and reboot  why miners now inactive ?
Mine updated too but I just started the miner and the node, all seems well.
02EX

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 01:08:47 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2021, 01:22:49 AM by 02EX

Just did update and reboot and miners show inactive ?
1. stopped node
2. stopped miners
3. verified both where not active
4. started update on Web dashboard
5. updated in 2 min all went good. (shows Apollo Web v0.3.1)
6. started miners all going good as you can hear the fans spool up.
7. PROBLEM dashboard shows NO hashrate, NO Watts, status showing all 4 units inactive with no info, pool status inactive
-front red led slow flashing on all units, orange/yellow lights on bottom of all units flashing, all units green light flashing and also the other solid green,
- login into Slushpool account and it shows active hashrates no issues on that end
8. stopped miner and node and confimed it stopped
9. clicked on reboot, system rebooted everything the same as above miners workings confirmed in slushpool but all in showing inative on web dashboard.

And no issues with internet connection
Was patient with each step on time to let things work its process and after 1 hour still no change in status all inactive with no info.

Any suggestions and anyone else with this issue?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 01:14:58 AM

1. stopped node
2. stopped miners
5. updated in 2 min all went good.
7. PROBLEM dashboard shows NO hashrate, NO Watts, status showing all 4 units inactive with no info, pool status inactive
-front red led slow flashing on all units, orange/yellow lights on bottom of all units flashing, all units green light flashing and also the other solid green,
- login into Slushpool account and it shows active hashrates no issues on that end
9. clicked on reboot, system rebooted everything the same as above miners workings confirmed in slushpool but all in showing inative on web dashboard.

Update should have taken way longer than two minutes. Sounds like it did not complete all the way. Try reflashing SD card and re-doing the update and see if you have the same issue. 

Max1965

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:04:13 AM

OTA Update completed.
I have not stopped miner or node before hit update.
After restart miner is up. node is not.
heslo
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:33:37 AM

Should we or should we not Apply the following Security and OS update Huh
Attached is an image of what I am presented with upon login via Putty to the futurebit BTC

Don't apply that, it will break the front end as FutureBit have said before. Wait for them to release an new image with the included updates which they mentioned they would do. Pretty sure if you do that update you'll have to start from scratch with an SD card flash
02EX

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 03:56:01 AM

1. stopped node
2. stopped miners
9. clicked on reboot, system rebooted everything the same as above miners workings confirmed in slushpool but all in showing inactive on web dashboard.

Update should have taken way longer than two minutes. Sounds like it did not complete all the way. Try re-flashing SD card and re-doing the update and see if you have the same issue. 
*UPDATE*
Re-flashed SD card using (balenaEtcher) and removed SSD so not to lose my synced blocks. Rebooted just the full node unit on its own. Unit booted up but lost HDMI output signal to monitor (has happen before).  Work around to shut down unit nicely is to grab my laptop and login in thru router IP address dashboard and shut down unit. To get the HDMI working again it seem that you have to not only shut down the unit in the dashboard but ALSO (at least for me) have turn off the power supply too. HDMI output working again, shutdown miner and unit. Reinstalled SSD. Powered up all 4 units. Verified miners and node dashboard info working and correct, all good. Turned off miners and node, tried the update again (updated completed in 3min 17sec) reset pool info and all is back to normal.
Thanks Jstefanop
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 04:36:01 AM

1. stopped node
2. stopped miners
9. clicked on reboot, system rebooted everything the same as above miners workings confirmed in slushpool but all in showing inactive on web dashboard.

Update should have taken way longer than two minutes. Sounds like it did not complete all the way. Try re-flashing SD card and re-doing the update and see if you have the same issue. 
*UPDATE*
Re-flashed SD card using (balenaEtcher) and removed SSD so not to lose my synced blocks. Rebooted just the full node unit on its own. Unit booted up but lost HDMI output signal to monitor (has happen before).  Work around to shut down unit nicely is to grab my laptop and login in thru router IP address dashboard and shut down unit. To get the HDMI working again it seem that you have to not only shut down the unit in the dashboard but ALSO (at least for me) have turn off the power supply too. HDMI output working again, shutdown miner and unit. Reinstalled SSD. Powered up all 4 units. Verified miners and node dashboard info working and correct, all good. Turned off miners and node, tried the update again (updated completed in 3min 17sec) reset pool info and all is back to normal.
Thanks Jstefanop

Cool, yea must have been a bad/corrupted build on the UI during the update. Will probably switch to pre-built releases in the future instead of doing updates this way since it’s more prone to random errors.

FYI getting hdmi to work if your monitor loses signal usually works if you just power on/off the monitor.

Muppet007

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 07:06:10 AM

Before I updated; via GUI changed mining mode from 'balanced' to 'eco' and rebooted to apply changes.
With neither miner or node running ran the update before again rebooting to apply.
Logged in via webUI, started the node and let it sync 100% before changing the mining mode from 'eco' to 'balanced', rebooted to apply.
Started the node first, once synced, started the miner. (one controller/master and two controlled/slaves).
I now see Hashrate, Temp, Fan Speed, Power, Voltage, Errors and Active ASICs via webUI.
Mission accomplished!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 116 »
  Print  

Jump to: