Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 40323 times)
heslo

Activity: 1163
Merit: 943

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 01:15:37 PM

Is there a way to turn off the flashing red status LED? I find it constantly flashing on my desk really irritating. Could it not be updated so that it only flashes during start up, or if there is a problem, and turns off entirely when everything is functioning normally?   (i.e. node + miner both running okay)

Thanks. I did see something in the release notes about the swap file being increased for future lightning apps etc. Does that get installed when update via the web UI?

Nope, for that you need to flash the SD fresh with the new image

Now that wasn’t clear as I would've done a fresh image had I of known that it wasn’t on the UI update version.

Is it possible it would be changed on a future UI update? Or is it not possible at that level?

From reading on here it looks like they'll likely abandon the OTA updates in the future anyway and just stick to the SD card image releases. I wouldn't worry too much until we hear more news about another update (which I'm keen on as I want LN functionality)
devincrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 04:55:03 PM

Is there a way to turn off the flashing red status LED? I find it constantly flashing on my desk really irritating. Could it not be updated so that it only flashes during start up, or if there is a problem, and turns off entirely when everything is functioning normally?   (i.e. node + miner both running okay)

peetee

Activity: 19
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 03:42:25 PM

I updated my Apollo and 1 of them BTC node is ok and the miner inactive but I see he is online and mining on the pool.
The other same thing, node ok and miner inactive in the dashbord but online and mining on slush pool in my account. on this one I see jstefanop.worker1 on the dashboard page. weird!  Huh
Does a reboot fix this? Are you updating via local network or a connected monitor? Shoot an email if your still have this issue, want to see where the update is breaking.
FYI should have an updated image out later today as well.

Reboot change nothing and I made the update via local network

I'm also having this issue. It started after the upgrade to 0.3.1 (but not immediately after; I was running on 0.3.1 for some time before the issue manifested itself). It hasn't righted itself after several power cycles. The miner is still attached to the pool and hashing, but the local web UI shows no data whatsoever.
chrisism

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 04:43:21 PM

Hey -

Hoping this sub is a good spot for this. This is my initial foray into mining and I just purchased a full node and waiting on shipment.  I pre-read the setup and config, have a pool ready to connect.  The last piece of puzzle for me to understand is wallet connectivity.  As I'm mining into a pool, I'm assuming once I reach a payout percentage, I want to get it into cold storage for safekeeping.

Here is where I get confused: Do I install a wallet onto the controller and have it sent there from the pool?  Then, from the wallet onto my cold wallet?  Or is there another way?  Would appreciate some best practices or guidance.

Many thanks in advance,
-c
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 05:09:35 PM

Hey -

Hoping this sub is a good spot for this. This is my initial foray into mining and I just purchased a full node and waiting on shipment.  I pre-read the setup and config, have a pool ready to connect.  The last piece of puzzle for me to understand is wallet connectivity.  As I'm mining into a pool, I'm assuming once I reach a payout percentage, I want to get it into cold storage for safekeeping.

Here is where I get confused: Do I install a wallet onto the controller and have it sent there from the pool?  Then, from the wallet onto my cold wallet?  Or is there another way?  Would appreciate some best practices or guidance.

Many thanks in advance,
-c

Your best bet is to get a Ledger Nano or Trezor wallet. It will provide you with a wallet address which you put into your pool account as your payout address. Then any earnings will be sent to your device of choice for storage.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
chrisism

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 05:38:39 PM

Hey -

Hoping this sub is a good spot for this. This is my initial foray into mining and I just purchased a full node and waiting on shipment.  I pre-read the setup and config, have a pool ready to connect.  The last piece of puzzle for me to understand is wallet connectivity.  As I'm mining into a pool, I'm assuming once I reach a payout percentage, I want to get it into cold storage for safekeeping.

Here is where I get confused: Do I install a wallet onto the controller and have it sent there from the pool?  Then, from the wallet onto my cold wallet?  Or is there another way?  Would appreciate some best practices or guidance.

Many thanks in advance,
-c

Your best bet is to get a Ledger Nano or Trezor wallet. It will provide you with a wallet address which you put into your pool account as your payout address. Then any earnings will be sent to your device of choice for storage.

That sounds almost too easy  Grin  Thank you for the assist.  I ordered an Opolo hardware wallet.  Should arrive by end of this month.

gt_addict

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 05:46:39 PM

That sounds almost too easy  Grin  Thank you for the assist.  I ordered an Opolo hardware wallet.  Should arrive by end of this month.

Just don't lose the relevant security info it makes you go through and obviously the device itself  Wink

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

OliveGreenHamster

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 07:36:11 PM

Hey -

Many thanks in advance,
-c

Would you recommend one over the other, or is it six one way, half dozen the other? There seem to be a lot of reviews that the Ledger is crap, the Ledger is AMAZING, Trezor is AMAZING. Hard to sift through it all.
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:16:05 PM

Not sure the right way to get pictures up but this worked  Wink
https://imgur.com/a/A0KMm1H

Amazing work, congrats!  Smiley
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:20:39 PM

Would you recommend one over the other, or is it six one way, half dozen the other? There seem to be a lot of reviews that the Ledger is crap, the Ledger is AMAZING, Trezor is AMAZING. Hard to sift through it all.

Differences come from altcoin and shitcoin (over-) and (ab-) use. For simple Bitcoin wallet both will work excellently. Trezor model T has bigger screen and don't have problems with displaying altcoin contract details and addresses. Ledger (or some models of) has limited screen space to provide when dealing with coins. Also, Ledger leaked all their customer data recently due to hack. To me, Trezor seems more secure because of that. But it's your call, if you don't use tokens and altcoins contracts etc., you don't need to worry.
chrisism

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:45:50 PM

Just don't lose the relevant security info it makes you go through and obviously the device itself  Wink

Yeah, you bet!  I’m really good about recording my stuff and keeping copies secured away.
gt_addict

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:49:35 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2021, 09:04:08 PM by gt_addict

Not really. I use multiple accounts and multiple hardware wallets. All eggs in one basket and all that jazz. But this really isn't a conversation for this thread. There are other areas of the forum for questions regarding wallets, hardware or otherwise  Wink

On a different note, I can successfully say the miner autostarts after internet outage. Had to pull to phone line out and redo connections after getting intermittent crackling on calls. Totally forgot about the internet. Came back up and checked everything after realising, and it was happily hashing away as if nothing happened.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1397

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 11:36:30 PM

I updated my Apollo and 1 of them BTC node is ok and the miner inactive but I see he is online and mining on the pool.
The other same thing, node ok and miner inactive in the dashbord but online and mining on slush pool in my account. on this one I see jstefanop.worker1 on the dashboard page. weird!  Huh
Does a reboot fix this? Are you updating via local network or a connected monitor? Shoot an email if your still have this issue, want to see where the update is breaking.
FYI should have an updated image out later today as well.

Reboot change nothing and I made the update via local network

I'm also having this issue. It started after the upgrade to 0.3.1 (but not immediately after; I was running on 0.3.1 for some time before the issue manifested itself). It hasn't righted itself after several power cycles. The miner is still attached to the pool and hashing, but the local web UI shows no data whatsoever.

FYI we figured out what is causing this round of UI stats bug, this only occurs if you are logged in directly through the system and change the system timezone in the date and time panel.

For the time being just reset the timezone back to default (london timezone) and your stats will start working again.

This is what happens when your used to embedded systems all your life when users typically cant touch the system settings  Grin Will push a quick fix for this hopefully in the next week.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
straddle

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 04:03:59 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get audio to output via HDMI, if this is even possible? I am using a KVM switch and audio is sent to my speakers via HDMI for the other all the other connected devices devices connected (Windows PC / Raspberry Pi / MiSTer). I can't find a way to get audio to output through the HDMI port.

(PS Unrelated - is there a way to search only this thread on this forum? I can't figure out how to do it.)
moonboy69

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 07:36:21 PM

just got my apollo btc miner (my first miner) plugged everything in, having trouble getting to the dashboard? Any help
gt_addict

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 08:02:05 PM

just got my apollo btc miner (my first miner) plugged everything in, having trouble getting to the dashboard? Any help

You need to be more specific. Trouble getting to the dashboard after connecting an HDMI lead or through the Web UI?

MLOMBANA

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 09:04:54 PM

Just got my Batch 2 units (1 master / 1 slave) and all I can say is thank you FBit! Great units, up and running in about 10 minutes ... BUT ... have a question or issue.

I haven't changed anything from out of the box defaults expect my pool so it was pretty quick to set up and the download of the BTC blockchain started pretty quickly and as of 18 hrs of uptime we're at 82% so we expect the download to complete today and within 24 hours. YAY!

Now the issue, I'm seeing a hardware error of 8.4% but it also states 19 rejected blocks. Hashboard 0 is showing 2.1% error and HB-1 shows 15.7% error

So the question would be, what constitutes these errors?

Next question, since ll 44 chips are running on both boards, hash rate on the master (assuming the master is HB-1) is 2Th/s while HB-0 is at 1.56Th/s, wondering why the drop in performance on 2nd board.

gt_addict

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 09:14:45 PM

Now the issue, I'm seeing a hardware error of 8.4% but it also states 19 rejected blocks. Hashboard 0 is showing 2.1% error and HB-1 shows 15.7% error

So the question would be, what constitutes these errors?

Next question, since ll 44 chips are running on both boards, hash rate on the master (assuming the master is HB-1) is 2Th/s while HB-0 is at 1.56Th/s, wondering why the drop in performance on 2nd board.

I think Hashboard 0 is the master and Hashboard 1 is the slave. Reasoning being that I only have the full unit (board and SBC) and it numerates the board as "Hashboard 0".

Moonchowder

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 02:03:28 PM

Hello, I just got my miner yesterday, and was able to get to the dashboard and attempt to connect to a pool and start mining.  Couldn't get it to connect quite right, it would look good on the Hashboard, but the pool would show inactive, and nothing would show up on the pool side of things (Slushpool).  But now this morning I decide to start trying again, and the miner is just making a weird sound and I can't access the dashboard anymore.  Rebooting, starting, restarting seems to do nothing.  It just sits there making a weird sound.  Would appreciate some help on this.
Moonchowder

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 02:20:54 PM

Hello, I just got my miner yesterday, and was able to get to the dashboard and attempt to connect to a pool and start mining.  Couldn't get it to connect quite right, it would look good on the Hashboard, but the pool would show inactive, and nothing would show up on the pool side of things (Slushpool).  But now this morning I decide to start trying again, and the miner is just making a weird sound and I can't access the dashboard anymore.  Rebooting, starting, restarting seems to do nothing.  It just sits there making a weird sound.  Would appreciate some help on this.

#Update

I adjusted the username in the pool section of the miner (had tried to put a space in there because it looked like there was one on the example from slushpool) and now everything looks to be working! On the miner side at least, still too soon probably for slushpool to say anything.  But just thought I would put this out there if anyone else puts a space in your username it seems to cause the miner to have a meltdown.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: