Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 39721 times)
dwood443

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 05:25:35 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2021, 08:04:55 PM by dwood443

I've noticed now that I have a second miner I cannot forward another IP address to 8333 for the new node. Does anyone have a solution? I have a new deco mesh router and it makes you pick the IP address when forwarding. Can the port the node uses be changed?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edonaldson

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 09:19:42 PM

Is there an API available so that we can monitor the miner from another system?  Awesome Miner, HiveOS, etc.   I like to see all my miners in one location.

Raw json data is available in the API, I believe one of them already added Apollo LTC support, so should be pretty easy for them to add BTC version. They usually add them if they get enough requests.

Not sure I understand.  Is there an API?  Who is adding what to what?
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 11:26:19 PM

Not sure I understand.  Is there an API?  Who is adding what to what?

As far as I know, there's no built-in RPC API like cgminer has. However, the miner software writes a JSON file that has it's current stats. You can parse this and it will show things like Uptime, Hashrate (calculated in different ways), Temperature, Current Pool, Share info, and power info.

I have a cron job that copies this file into my Apache folder, and then from there I use it to show a mining dashboard. I think other tools like AwesomeMiner would have to do something similar.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 09:11:42 AM

I've noticed now that I have a second miner I cannot forward another IP address to 8333 for the new node. Does anyone have a solution? I have a new deco mesh router and it makes you pick the IP address when forwarding. Can the port the node uses be changed?

There is no practical reason to run more than one node from a single external IP address. As you found out you cant forward the same port to more than one device in your network. As for as the outside world is concerned it only sees one "service" per IP address. Obviously you can do complicated internal network switching to make it work but its not worth it for a full node. If you have two full node devices, its better to run the second device from a different location with a different internet connection/IP address.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
OliveGreenHamster

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 01:41:47 PM

How long does it take for the package to make it to FedEx once I get the shipping notification. I got the shipping notification and tracking number on Tuesday, but looking at the FedEx tracking page, it still says they're waiting for the package.  Sad

Tracking numbers are issued when your unit is first built, it can take a bit before it ends up in fedex possession. If you dont see movement this weekend it will definitely be by Monday latest.

Still no movement Sad The package status is still at "Label Created"
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 02:53:38 PM

How long does it take for the package to make it to FedEx once I get the shipping notification. I got the shipping notification and tracking number on Tuesday, but looking at the FedEx tracking page, it still says they're waiting for the package.  Sad

Tracking numbers are issued when your unit is first built, it can take a bit before it ends up in fedex possession. If you dont see movement this weekend it will definitely be by Monday latest.

Still no movement Sad The package status is still at "Label Created"

We had some issues with Fedex pickups last week, they were supposed to be picked up on Friday but our shipment was too large and could not be picked up. All remaining packages from last weeks shipments will go out today.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
dwood443

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 03:10:43 PM

There is no practical reason to run more than one node from a single external IP address. As you found out you cant forward the same port to more than one device in your network. As for as the outside world is concerned it only sees one "service" per IP address. Obviously you can do complicated internal network switching to make it work but its not worth it for a full node. If you have two full node devices, its better to run the second device from a different location with a different internet connection/IP address.

Thanks. I planned on moving this one to my sons house anyways. Guess for batch 3 I'll try to get a standard hash board only to plug into my primary node device.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 04:17:38 PM

1) You can set bitcoin to run on any port you like.
e.g. run the second one on 8633
If you edit the bitcoin.conf add:
port=8633

or

2) forward 8333 to one of them, and pick another incoming port (e.g. 8633) to forward to the second one on 8333

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 04:23:57 PM

We had some issues with Fedex pickups last week, they were supposed to be picked up on Friday but our shipment was too large and could not be picked up. All remaining packages from last weeks shipments will go out today.
You probably should have remembered that the exact same reason was given last time ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
slurfius

Activity: 100
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 06:27:57 PM

Would it be possible to run a moonlander2 off the Apollo?  I assume I would probably need a hub for power. I guess my question is can it run the software?
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 09:37:47 PM

Not sure I understand.  Is there an API?  Who is adding what to what?

As far as I know, there's no built-in RPC API like cgminer has. However, the miner software writes a JSON file that has it's current stats. You can parse this and it will show things like Uptime, Hashrate (calculated in different ways), Temperature, Current Pool, Share info, and power info.

I have a cron job that copies this file into my Apache folder, and then from there I use it to show a mining dashboard. I think other tools like AwesomeMiner would have to do something similar.

Exactly. I parse this JSON in simple script and send summary messages to Telegram:
fvineyard

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 10:29:44 PM

Any suggestions for troubleshooting reliability of my units? After the latest update to 3.1 I seem to be babysitting my units checking on them multiple times a day to make sure all 4 are working (one full and 3 additional units). At least once per day on average I have to restart the miner or the entire system. Prior to 3.1 the need for attention was much less frequent.

Temps seem fine at 63 to 65C for the units and 65C for the CPU (which I think is good).

I have tried switching to an external powered USB hub instead of running all off the USB ports on the full unit. I read here that helps with reliability. That has made no difference in my case.

Wondering if I should just reimage my SD Card and start from scratch...

Thanks in advance!
V3XED

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:11:12 AM

Hey yall, its been a while!

Got my shiny new Apollo BTC's today, and got them up and running easily and seamlessly.
A really nice industrial design, and UX design on this one, well done!

I do have a few questions, that are more likely feature requests...
  • 1.  Can you set a hashrate target (instead of energy target), and have the power and clocks adjust to meet it?
  • 2.  Can you do any type of scheduling for adjusting hashrate, or starting/stopping the hash?  My electricity costs are dramatically higher in the evening and would want to mine outside that window daily.
  • 3.  If you have multiple Apollo units, controlled by one "Main/Full" unit, can you have those identified as separate workers to a pool? .
  • 4.  What are considered "reasonable" temperatures, or perhaps what are MAXIMUM temperatures which should not be exceeded for these units?.

Thanks, and cheers!
jeyzeus

Activity: 70
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 04:13:23 AM

2) the hdmi output now doesn't appear to be working at all today after running the miner in turbo mode all night. is this a known issue? i've been keeping the cpu temp below 70C with fans and such.

i think i have an idea what caused this problem, in case anybody has a similar issue. it appears that the system requires any connected media to be connected during boot. if you plug it in after boot then no dice. i had the same problem with trying to connect a usb keyboard after it had already booted. hope this helps somebody Smiley

nah i don't think that's it. i thought i had this issue at fist. i think you just really have to double check the connection into the unit and make sure the cable is all the way in. i feel like on mine you need to push harder than you'd expect to make a solid connection.
plank_dude

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 08:26:37 AM

2) the hdmi output now doesn't appear to be working at all today after running the miner in turbo mode all night. is this a known issue? i've been keeping the cpu temp below 70C with fans and such.

i think i have an idea what caused this problem, in case anybody has a similar issue. it appears that the system requires any connected media to be connected during boot. if you plug it in after boot then no dice. i had the same problem with trying to connect a usb keyboard after it had already booted. hope this helps somebody Smiley

nah i don't think that's it. i thought i had this issue at fist. i think you just really have to double check the connection into the unit and make sure the cable is all the way in. i feel like on mine you need to push harder than you'd expect to make a solid connection.

maybe that's it, but i tried unplugging and replugging several times, jamming it in there as hard as i felt comfortable doing without breaking something. then i rebooted the system with the hdmi in (after it hadn't been working) and it worked fine. has worked fine since then, but i haven't unplugged the hdmi at all.

not trying to FUD, just sharing my experience
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:46:29 PM

Got my shiny new Apollo BTC's today, and got them up and running easily and seamlessly.

• 1.  Can you set a hashrate target (instead of energy target), and have the power and clocks adjust to meet it?
  • 2.  Can you do any type of scheduling for adjusting hashrate, or starting/stopping the hash?  My electricity costs are dramatically higher in the evening and would want to mine outside that window daily.
  • 3.  If you have multiple Apollo units, controlled by one "Main/Full" unit, can you have those identified as separate workers to a pool? .
  • 4.  What are considered "reasonable" temperatures, or perhaps what are MAXIMUM temperatures which should not be exceeded for these units?.

Thanks, and cheers!

1. No, you can't do this. The miner itself doesn't really know it's true hashrate. The JSON log will let you see different ways it's calculated (by work solves, by pool hash rate, or by pool provided jobs)
2. Yes, but you need to use cron jobs or other scheduling to do this. If you buy the full package, you'd need to SSH in and setup the scheduling jobs to stop the miner and restart it with different parameters
3. Don't have a full unit, but you can definitely start each miner separately from the command line (they all use a unique USB tty ID)
4. Mine run at around 60 C on average. No sure on max, but I haven't seen any high temperature alarms
V3XED

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 03:34:55 PM

• 1.  Can you set a hashrate target (instead of energy target), and have the power and clocks adjust to meet it?
  • 2.  Can you do any type of scheduling for adjusting hashrate, or starting/stopping the hash?  My electricity costs are dramatically higher in the evening and would want to mine outside that window daily.
  • 3.  If you have multiple Apollo units, controlled by one "Main/Full" unit, can you have those identified as separate workers to a pool? .
  • 4.  What are considered "reasonable" temperatures, or perhaps what are MAXIMUM temperatures which should not be exceeded for these units?.

Thanks, and cheers!

1. No, you can't do this. The miner itself doesn't really know it's true hashrate. The JSON log will let you see different ways it's calculated (by work solves, by pool hash rate, or by pool provided jobs)
2. Yes, but you need to use cron jobs or other scheduling to do this. If you buy the full package, you'd need to SSH in and setup the scheduling jobs to stop the miner and restart it with different parameters
3. Don't have a full unit, but you can definitely start each miner separately from the command line (they all use a unique USB tty ID)
4. Mine run at around 60 C on average. No sure on max, but I haven't seen any high temperature alarms

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it!!

Very glad to hear about the "cron jobs" in particular, not something I am familiar with but I will start doing my research.
If you do have any great resource links, I would happily take them though.

The reason I had asked about temps seems to have been addressed earlier in this thread too (finally found a few relevant posts).
Basically my concern was the CPU TEMP, which is blazing hot right now doing a full node sync. (between 80-85c)
Seems like this is to be expected, and not cause for concern as it will drop down to reasonable operating temps once the sync is complete?
Hashboards are staying at a very comfortable 60c

Cheers!
kyle15

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 04:53:32 PM

Anyone with a recent shipment notification care to share their order number to gauge where we're at?  I got to schedule an out of town job, would like to avoid overlapping with shipment if possible.
dwood443

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 07:10:12 PM

Anyone with a recent shipment notification care to share their order number to gauge where we're at?  I got to schedule an out of town job, would like to avoid overlapping with shipment if possible.
Mine was 4063 and delivery date was 8/10
OliveGreenHamster

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 10:35:22 PM

Mine was 4063 and delivery date was 8/10

I'm 4288 and mine is going to be here tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: