Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 39614 times)
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 07:43:52 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2021, 08:28:18 PM by crypto_curious

Hi,
I haven't received any reply, so asking again:
Any news on standalone apollo-miner binary? It's been now 3 months since the release. Miner binary crashes a lot for everyone. GUI full package uses the same binary, so problems exist for everyone. Also miner not stopping mining and using power full power when no connection to the pool, it should be idling. Furthermore, Mining Rig rentals pool is not supported, because of "::: ROLLING_MASK ::: Not supported" error (cgminer works just fine). These two problems have been reported on github, but has not been acknowledged. For standalone miner users, Raspberry Pi binaries were promised, still no sight of it. I can't use Apollo miner on perfectly fine and supported (by manufacturer) Raspberry Pi 1, zero, and other devices.
I know GUI is important, but no reason to delay fundamental part of Apollo which is miner software?
When can we expect update to apollo-miner? Thanks.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pancakedeluxe

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 05:35:44 PM

im just running it without the ssd installed / node, anyone else doing the same? Eagerly waiting for the node / solo mining update
devincrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 06:19:57 PM

im just running it without the ssd installed / node, anyone else doing the same? Eagerly waiting for the node / solo mining update

Removed it - don't want it - does nothing for me - has ZERO value to me - Main and 2 slaves purring perfectly.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 09:18:02 PM

which video cards are you using ?

This is a dedicated mining system with ASIC chips. You can't mine BTC with a video card.
V3XED

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 03:29:05 PM

Finally tried out some of the other modes on the Apollos in the last few days.
Had a very delightful and surprising discovery.

In Eco mode....  I was getting 2 th/s @ 76w per th/s
in Balanced mode.. I get  2.5 th/s @ 64w per th/s    Shocked

So, not sure why but balanced mode actually offers better wat per wat performance for me.
Also, it was a more substantial hashrate increase than I expected too, with 25% performance gains over eco.

So, if your out there just chillin on ECO with your miners, I recommend trying out the other settings and seeing what you get.
 Grin Grin Grin

gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 04:27:42 PM

So, not sure why but balanced mode actually offers better wat per wat performance for me.
Also, it was a more substantial hashrate increase than I expected too, with 25% performance gains over eco.

So, if your out there just chillin on ECO with your miners, I recommend trying out the other settings and seeing what you get.
 Grin Grin Grin

Same here. There isnt much in it between ECO and Balanced. I think ECO was more for keeping noise down. Balanced is the best for me really 2.5Th at 66w Th/s. ECO was around 62w-ish for 2Th.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
dwood443

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 04:56:55 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Thanks for the suggestion. Mine also similar results but I also noticed less errors. My second miner was showing more errors than the first miner. But changed to balanced and they now about the same.
edonaldson

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 12:31:22 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Thanks for the suggestion. Mine also similar results but I also noticed less errors. My second miner was showing more errors than the first miner. But changed to balanced and they now about the same.

Do the stock PSUs work with Turbo mode?  What has everyone experience been?
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 01:31:36 PM

Do the stock PSUs work with Turbo mode?  What has everyone experience been?
They should! Turbo mode is 200W, eco is 125W - the PSU is rated for the full 200W.

Better to not run at 100% of the PSU capacity though. I run turbo but use an off the shelf 500W PSU.
100knot2dae

Activity: 100
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 02:29:33 PM

Hi,
Any news on standalone apollo-miner binary? It's been now 3 months since the release. Miner binary crashes a lot for everyone. GUI full package uses the same binary, so problems exist for everyone. Also miner not stopping mining and using power full power when no connection to the pool, it should be idling. Furthermore, Mining Rig rentals pool is not supported, because of "::: ROLLING_MASK ::: Not supported" error (cgminer works just fine). These two problems have been reported on github, but has not been acknowledged. For standalone miner users, Raspberry Pi binaries were promised, still no sight of it. I can't use Apollo miner on perfectly fine and supported (by manufacturer) Raspberry Pi 1, zero, and other devices.
I know GUI is important, but no reason to delay fundamental part of Apollo which is miner software?
Considering that your request is getting constantly ignored, along with other feature requests like solo mining, I tend to believe there won't be any updates available in the foreseeable future.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 03:28:26 PM

Better to not run at 100% of the PSU capacity though. I run turbo but use an off the shelf 500W PSU.

Also correct, yes, maybe FutureBit has more info about the actual rating of their PSU's - maybe the product pages just say 200W but there's a little headroom built in still?

Edit: From product pics it seems the absolute max that can be pulled from it, is indeed 16,7A, which is 200.4W...
Maybe suggestion to FutureBit to upgrade their PSUs to e.g. 220W units for the next iteration Cheesy
I also always over-spec PSU's when building PCs for example, it's really common practice and they also run more efficient at around 70-80%, I think.

It can run in turbo and is rated for that, but there is little headroom, OCP will kick in at about 210-220 watts.

Next gen PSU will be able to run at ~300 watts.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 03:30:10 PM

Hi,
Considering that your request is getting constantly ignored, along with other feature requests like solo mining, I tend to believe there won't be any updates available in the foreseeable future.

They are not ignored, we have other priorities. Lots of software work will be complete in the fall, most of it is being worked on now.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
100knot2dae

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 03:49:28 PM

Hi,

They are not ignored, we have other priorities. Lots of software work will be complete in the fall, most of it is being worked on now.
Good to know then, thanks for the update.  Smiley I just started to get worried about this since there was no feedback at all until now.
100knot2dae

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 06:44:13 PM

It can run in turbo and is rated for that, but there is little headroom, OCP will kick in at about 210-220 watts.

Great to hear, thanks a lot! In case I want to get something more powerful right away though, regular ATX PSU's come to mind at first. Anything wrong with a single rail Seasonic PSU? I should be able to just connect a PCIe cable to it and use it for the Apollo right?

That's perfectly fine, using a 600W bequiet PSU here. (A PSU's efficiency sweet spot is around 50-60%, so consider that for your choice)
V3XED

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 01:42:09 AM

Great to hear, thanks a lot! In case I want to get something more powerful right away though, regular ATX PSU's come to mind at first. Anything wrong with a single rail Seasonic PSU? I should be able to just connect a PCIe cable to it and use it for the Apollo right?

That's perfectly fine, using a 600W bequiet PSU here. (A PSU's efficiency sweet spot is around 50-60%, so consider that for your choice)

That is an interesting metric I was unaware of.
I am running two units off of a very old 735w single rail unit.
So, just abut dead on that 50% load area.

Ill have to put a meter on  the plug and see what kind of power its actually drawing from the wall compared to the futurebit dash.
cosmiconion

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 08:19:38 AM

Hi, I'm just getting started.
Not the easiest to set up the BTC version. The LTC Apollo much easier (I have one also).
I seem to be mining on slushpool.
for URL eu.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
I have a user name, but it does not show on slush pool.

QUESTION: on the LTC version I can have multiple pools (great for testing performance; testing set up and spill over)
- BTC version you can only have one pool set up.  Why?

QUESTION: on LTC version it is easy to delete your pool set up and start again
- BTC version I can't delete, the pool seems to be always there on reboot
- seems to be always connected to slush pool so I can't delete my worker on slush pool
- slushpool says [auto] disabled and workername offline under "state" but it is mining ...

Thank you
cosmiconion

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 08:50:44 AM

additional question

in pool set up, pools give worker names
- we only have user name in setting up the apollo btc (should we put the worker name here?)

gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 12:52:13 PM

Not the easiest to set up the BTC version. The LTC Apollo much easier (I have one also).

QUESTION: on the LTC version I can have multiple pools (great for testing performance; testing set up and spill over)

- seems to be always connected to slush pool so I can't delete my worker on slush pool
- slushpool says [auto] disabled and workername offline under "state" but it is mining ...

Thank you

You need to make sure your username on the apollo matches your username on the pool. you can add a worker extension so.... "username.worker"

To change the pool details I going to assume you havent clicked the "SAVE" button at the top once youve changed it. If you dont it will revert back to the last saved settings.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
cosmiconion

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 09:27:19 PM

Thanks for reply ... I think I get it
so my "username" . "worker name"

Happy to tip you in $NTBC if you have a wallet Note Block Chain

Do you have any idea why we can only have one pool?
LTC model you can set up multiple pools, for fail over, or just easy switching

Thank you

You need to make sure your username on the apollo matches your username on the pool. you can add a worker extension so.... "username.worker"

To change the pool details I going to assume you havent clicked the "SAVE" button at the top once youve changed it. If you dont it will revert back to the last saved settings.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 10:54:38 PM

Maybe if you buy a 50% efficiency PSU in 1970  Grin

It is true that PSU's are most efficient at 50% load, but the variation is only 2-3% so you won't even notice it.

Most PSU's are rated at 80+ efficiency which means that a power supply is at least 80% efficient at 20%, 50%, and 100% loads.

Yes there are different 80+ ratings (bronze, silver, gold, platinum titanium) but they are just variations on the theme.

Code:
Power Delivery			115 V internal non-redundant	230 V EU internal non-redundant
Percentage of rated load 10% 20% 50% 100% 10% 20% 50% 100%
80 Plus 80% 80% 80% 82% 85% 82%
80 Plus Bronze 82% 85% 82% 85% 88% 85%
80 Plus Silver 85% 88% 85% 87% 90% 87%
80 Plus Gold 87% 90% 87% 90% 92% 89%
80 Plus Platinum 90% 92% 89% 92% 94% 90%
80 Plus Titanium 90% 92% 94% 90% 90% 94% 96% 94%

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: