Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:36:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 39512 times)
cryptobradley

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2021, 05:42:34 AM

Miner and 5 solo units has been running fine for weeks and weeks.
Today the dashboard showed no data. It looked like every unit was offline even though they were still running (fans) normal speed and all had flashing red lights.
I tried stopping and starting, then rebooting everything and finally I loaded a new image on a new micro SD and the miner still won't start.

The node is running fine. Every time I click start on the miner, the fan starts to spin up for about 0.5 second and then goes back to idle mode. I disconned all the standard units but that changed nothing. Checked all the plugs, green led is is on.

To recap: new SD &  all units have red flasking LEDs  but the miner won't start. Node runs fine.

What is my next step?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 07:00:29 AM
Merited by Captain-Cryptory (2)

The node is running fine. Every time I click start on the miner, the fan starts to spin up for about 0.5 second and then goes back to idle mode. I disconned all the standard units but that changed nothing. Checked all the plugs, green led is is on.

This problem is caused by the RAM and the processor's cache. Do you use an extended ram slot or is it built-in?

If you use an extended ram slot then make sure the power connection is turned off completely. unplug your ram and processor, and wait some minutes it will clear your cash from ram and processor. After that plug everything in properly, it would be better if you plug the ram to a different slot and switch on the Maschine.

Hope everything will be fine if you do that step by step. let me know if the problem is solved or not.

gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 09:43:51 AM

This problem is caused by the RAM and the processor's cache. Do you use an extended ram slot or is it built-in?

If you use an extended ram slot then make sure the power connection is turned off completely. unplug your ram and processor, and wait some minutes it will clear your cash from ram and processor. After that plug everything in properly, it would be better if you plug the ram to a different slot and switch on the Maschine.

Hope everything will be fine if you do that step by step. let me know if the problem is solved or not.

This is an SBC in the Apollo so no removable ram.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
cryptobradley

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2021, 03:15:22 PM

This is an SBC in the Apollo so no removable ram.

You are correct. 
jeyzeus

Activity: 69
Merit: 35

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 05:09:40 PM

To recap: new SD &  all units have red flasking LEDs  but the miner won't start. Node runs fine.

What is my next step?

Try this:

1 - Turn off the node
2 - configure the miner settings
3 - start the miner, you will likely get the inactive hashboards issue you described
4 - stop the miner
5 - reboot the entire system, node should start syncing again + mining should commence

i just added a standard unit and ran into a similar issue. the issue i ran into was that only one hashboard would be active but the lights would flash or both would have trouble hashing. Restarting the system with the above process was worked for me.
bigverm

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 06:10:11 PM

Has anyone tried adding 3 stand alone units to one controller?
02EX

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 06:41:59 PM

https://imgur.com/a/A0KMm1H

Yes no problems
bigverm

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 07:02:13 PM

Yes no problems
Wow Gorgeous setup  Shocked
Kudos to you and thanks!
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 07:17:45 PM

Yes no problems

Nice to see something different with an 011 Dynamic  Cheesy

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
dwood443

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 07:59:32 PM

Yes no problems
Nice setup. Would you mind sharing build details? Parts used?
cryptobradley

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2021, 11:51:04 PM

I have 5 units  connected to the full miner/node.
cryptobradley

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2021, 11:52:53 PM

Yes no problems
Wow Gorgeous setup  Shocked
Kudos to you and thanks!

Wow, that looks awesome. What is your operating temperature?
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2021, 12:30:05 AM

Yes no problems

Damn is that a nice looking setup! I really like the idea of using a computer case for a bunch of miners, wouldn't have thought of that myself. But it looks good and keeps dust out! What are you displaying on that screen except a FutureBit logo?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptobradley

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2021, 02:45:06 AM

What is my next step?

Try this:

1 - Turn off the node
2 - configure the miner settings
3 - start the miner, you will likely get the inactive hashboards issue you described
4 - stop the miner
5 - reboot the entire system, node should start syncing again + mining should commence

i just added a standard unit and ran into a similar issue. the issue i ran into was that only one hashboard would be active but the lights would flash or both would have trouble hashing. Restarting the system with the above process was worked for me.

Unfortunately this did not help. I even swapped the  power supply.
02EX

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 02, 2021, 12:20:45 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2021, 12:44:41 PM by 02EX
Merited by amc4d0z7n (1)

Yes no problems

Thanks, Here is the parts I used:

Parts list:
*LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certificated - White Color - Tempered Glass on the Front, and Left Side - E-ATX, ATX Full Tower Gaming Computer Case
*2x CORSAIR HX Series HX750 CP-9020137-NA 750W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS12V 2.92 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply
*Ethernet Extension Cable,RJ45 Male to Female Screw Panel Mount CAT6/5e/5 Shielded Network LAN Extender Cord Connector
*iDsonix USB 3.0 Hub, 7-Port 12V / 2A Powered USB Hub with Individual Switches 5Gbps High Speed Transfer BC1.2 (5V2.4A) Fast Charge USB Splitter
*2x GIM KB-24 RGB Case Fans, 5 Pack 120mm Quiet Computer Cooling PC Fans, Music Rhythm 5V ARGB Addressable Motherboard SYNC/RC Controller, Colorful Cooler Speed Adjustable with Fan Control Hub
*HDMI Cable Right Angle 90 Degree Elbow HDMI Cord
*ESCAM T10 10 inch TFT LCD 1024x600 Monitor with VGA HDMI AV BNC USB for PC (Apollo BTC HDMI output is not compatible with this monitor, Hoping for a video output fix as this is a known problem that the HDMI output does not work on all monitors)
*USB wireless keyboard and mouse.
* The case has a few mods to fit and run cables and I fabricated a custom mounting bracket to suspend the Apollo units with in the case.

This setup is overkill but it makes for a great focal piece and conversation starter in the house. Its compact, clean, organized, quiet unit to display the hard work that has been put in to building of the Futurebit Apollo BTC from jstefanop and his team, and support the project. Have had a few friends and coworkers place orders in batch 2 and 3 from this. Still waiting to receive a shipping order fulfillment to be shipped from batch 2 to start another project.

Yes no problems
Wow Gorgeous setup  Shocked
Kudos to you and thanks!

Thanks,
Ambient temp kept in the house is 20-22c and the units can run in Turbo mode from 59-67c mostly sitting at 65c. and less in balanced or eco.

Yes no problems

Damn is that a nice looking setup! I really like the idea of using a computer case for a bunch of miners, wouldn't have thought of that myself. But it looks good and keeps dust out! What are you displaying on that screen except a FutureBit logo?

Thanks,
Yes the case has fan intake filters and helps keep the dust out. The monitor is meant to display the GUi dashboard but as mentioned above not working as intended with this screen option.
robmarkham

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 05, 2021, 05:48:37 PM

Full Apollo BTC package arrived a little over a week ago. Was up and running within minutes. It’s been mining smoothly ever since, but I’ve yet to have any success getting the node started up.

When I go to the node dashboard and click the start button, it says “please wait while the node is starting up” and indicates that this should take 5-15 minutes. This is as far as I’ve gotten though—eventually, after ~30 minutes it just cycles back to the original “node is offline” page with a start button. .

I’ve tried a dozen or so times and the same thing has happened each time. Also rebooted a couple times and triple-checked the instructions and haven’t been able to resolve the problem. I haven’t heard of anyone else having this issue and I’m wondering if I’m missing something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
dwood443

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 10:45:44 AM

Full Apollo BTC package arrived a little over a week ago. Was up and running within minutes. It’s been mining smoothly ever since, but I’ve yet to have any success getting the node started up.

When I go to the node dashboard and click the start button, it says “please wait while the node is starting up” and indicates that this should take 5-15 minutes. This is as far as I’ve gotten though—eventually, after ~30 minutes it just cycles back to the original “node is offline” page with a start button. .

I’ve tried a dozen or so times and the same thing has happened each time. Also rebooted a couple times and triple-checked the instructions and haven’t been able to resolve the problem. I haven’t heard of anyone else having this issue and I’m wondering if I’m missing something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Try reseating the node drive (power down, take out and reinsert)
Cornyjokester

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 02:12:04 PM

So by my calculations the included 512GB card will last just shy of 2 years?
(((512−412.19)×1,000)×10)
÷60÷24÷365=1.89897 years

Bitcoin blockchain is 412.19 GB so difference is 99.81 GB.
 multiply by 1000 to get MB (99,810)
Each 1MB takes 10 minutes so we multiply by 10 to get total minutes which is 998,100 minutes. Then divide by 60 for hours then 24 for days and finally 365 for years.  1.89897 years
cryptofreshman

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2021, 05:54:22 PM

Yes no problems

Thanks, Here is the parts I used:

Parts list:
*LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certificated - White Color - Tempered Glass on the Front, and Left Side - E-ATX, ATX Full Tower Gaming Computer Case
*2x CORSAIR HX Series HX750 CP-9020137-NA 750W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS12V 2.92 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply
*Ethernet Extension Cable,RJ45 Male to Female Screw Panel Mount CAT6/5e/5 Shielded Network LAN Extender Cord Connector
*iDsonix USB 3.0 Hub, 7-Port 12V / 2A Powered USB Hub with Individual Switches 5Gbps High Speed Transfer BC1.2 (5V2.4A) Fast Charge USB Splitter
*2x GIM KB-24 RGB Case Fans, 5 Pack 120mm Quiet Computer Cooling PC Fans, Music Rhythm 5V ARGB Addressable Motherboard SYNC/RC Controller, Colorful Cooler Speed Adjustable with Fan Control Hub
*HDMI Cable Right Angle 90 Degree Elbow HDMI Cord
*ESCAM T10 10 inch TFT LCD 1024x600 Monitor with VGA HDMI AV BNC USB for PC (Apollo BTC HDMI output is not compatible with this monitor, Hoping for a video output fix as this is a known problem that the HDMI output does not work on all monitors)
*USB wireless keyboard and mouse.
* The case has a few mods to fit and run cables and I fabricated a custom mounting bracket to suspend the Apollo units with in the case.

This setup is overkill but it makes for a great focal piece and conversation starter in the house. Its compact, clean, organized, quiet unit to display the hard work that has been put in to building of the Futurebit Apollo BTC from jstefanop and his team, and support the project. Have had a few friends and coworkers place orders in batch 2 and 3 from this. Still waiting to receive a shipping order fulfillment to be shipped from batch 2 to start another project.

Yes no problems
Wow Gorgeous setup  Shocked
Kudos to you and thanks!

Thanks,
Ambient temp kept in the house is 20-22c and the units can run in Turbo mode from 59-67c mostly sitting at 65c. and less in balanced or eco.

Yes no problems

Thanks,
Yes the case has fan intake filters and helps keep the dust out. The monitor is meant to display the GUi dashboard but as mentioned above not working as intended with this screen option.

This is absolutely GENIUS and my wife wants me to buy and assemble immediately in order to organize my farm better. Roughly how much does this cost to build minus the monitor keyboard and mouse? I have all those things I also have all the Ethernet cables and network switches. Just need the case and fans! Take care and happy mining!BTC
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2021, 06:11:00 PM

This is absolutely GENIUS and my wife wants me to buy and assemble immediately in order to organize my farm better. Roughly how much does this cost to build minus the monitor keyboard and mouse? I have all those things I also have all the Ethernet cables and network switches. Just need the case and fans! Take care and happy mining!BTC
Case ~200€
Pack of Fans ~60€

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: