Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:09:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL, HODL, HODL when can one actually sell Bitcoin?  (Read 1846 times)
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 08:08:29 AM

Hold is a suggestion for us to get bigger profits, the opportunity for bitcoin to rise is very clear especially at the end of the year like now, if we sell then we will regret it because the next day's price is very expensive, there have been many stories of people regretting being in a hurry to sell bitcoin and not patiently waiting so you have to start investing bitcoin at an expensive price, hold is an option, if you can't wait then sell it immediately.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2021, 09:04:16 AM

So I keep hearing HODL, HODL, keep holding and all that. My simple question to everyone is "when is actually the right time to sell Bitcoin or we don't ever sell it"?

How then do we say we have made money from it if we don't sell?

you don't need eternal hold, each person has a "target price". all you have to do and think is set, wait then sell. like me which now still hodl some satoshi and will sell my btc when Bitcoin is at $150k.

Agree to this and  we do have our own decisions if ever we think that this is the best time to sell then sell , dont listen to others that youve sold your coin early since it is our decision, as long as we want to sell it then sell because thats our target and we are contented with it. As my self as long as i want to sell then i sell or if ever i really need money i would sell it but if ever i dont need money i just hold it and invest it for the future since we could really earn a lot from crypto now  a days
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 09:30:20 AM

Hold is a suggestion for us to get bigger profits, the opportunity for bitcoin to rise is very clear especially at the end of the year like now, if we sell then we will regret it because the next day's price is very expensive, there have been many stories of people regretting being in a hurry to sell bitcoin and not patiently waiting so you have to start investing bitcoin at an expensive price, hold is an option, if you can't wait then sell it immediately.
HODL is for people who believe that by holding they are better off than selling. It is for those believers that can take a few dumps without panicking, and stay firm. It is also for those who bought so low that sudden dumps don't affect them anymore.

HODLing is also for those that were not early adopters but believe in its future and despite the contrary still hold. This is only made easier if these people don't need that money and can go by without it. And Bitcoin can be sold if one sees the right opportunity.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 10:38:58 AM

So I keep hearing HODL, HODL, keep holding and all that. My simple question to everyone is "when is actually the right time to sell Bitcoin or we don't ever sell it"?

The answer totally depends on you. It is a subjective matter. You can hold as long as you want to, and you can sell now if you are already happy. Maybe one of the key points to know when is the best time to sell is to remember what is your main reason why you entered crypto? Are you here for the short term only? You just want to trade and scalp? And then you are good to go? Then probably you should sell the moment you already profited and you are already happy with your profit. Because after all, trading and scalping are really time and trend based. You wouldn't want to be late in selling your coins.

Or are you here for the long term? Do you intend to be an investor for good? If so, then you can just wait until you see the ATH of bitcoin before withdrawing your funds. You can also withdraw once in a while so that you can also enjoy the fruit of your labor and patience. Just remember to leave a reasonable amount to your portfolio and just touch what you think you need. It would be much better if you will allot a specific amount solely for investment purposes and do not touch it for any other reason aside from what you really intend it for, the first time you invested. Honestly, it all really depends on you. Just be disciplined enough so that you won't be regretting later. Remember, you can always enjoy today without robbing your future self.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 11:28:11 AM

It is not 2009-2014 that Bitcoin price is still very cheap as in our time now the price is really insignificantly high that we cannot maintain holding a whole or risking our big amount investing longer.
so for me it is a Buying and selling that we will be engaging to earn more money.

HODL if you are seriously wanted to to and can afford losing the amount , but if you are doing this for living? then this is different work to justify .

NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 06:00:13 PM

Every investor has a different target, sometimes investors invest in Bitcoin just to look for business capital and if they get enough profit for business capital then they will sell the Bitcoin they have. There are some investors who hold Bitcoin for 1 year and after that they sell it to enjoy their profit.
In general, experienced investors will sell bitcoin after the Bitcoin price has experienced a continuous increase and at a certain price point they sell it before the Bitcoin price drops further.

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 09:14:37 PM

Every investor has a different target, sometimes investors invest in Bitcoin just to look for business capital and if they get enough profit for business capital then they will sell the Bitcoin they have. There are some investors who hold Bitcoin for 1 year and after that they sell it to enjoy their profit.
In general, experienced investors will sell bitcoin after the Bitcoin price has experienced a continuous increase and at a certain price point they sell it before the Bitcoin price drops further.
Simply depends on what a certain individual does have its mind because we do have different target or goals in mind which means it will really vary on each person which means some would be holding and some would

be making active sell and buy as long they could gain profits in short term which simply means that its up to someones discretion on when they would really be doing this according to their plans or decisions.

But we know that holding does give out that opportunity to make profits even though not really as big when you do make active ones.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Mr.sprin

Activity: 1428
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 03:46:26 AM

don't make the wrong conclusion that you will lose. Hold a good choice for people who hold potentially future alcoins such as eth coins and bnb coins, don't just hold without knowledge of the coins we hold, they will lose in the future.
Mamun74

Activity: 1358
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 05:41:19 PM

Hold is good choice for holder and people. Everyone has different ideas and different target. At first you know what do you want and what is Your target.Then you buy more valuable coin and hold time.I think you can get more profit in future. You need patience and control Your emotional. Coz you should  sell your holding coin in right opportunity.
bekti3

Activity: 1078
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 08:06:07 PM

People's needs are different, some have more capital and they will only hold it until they are at the very top..
and vice versa bitcoin for their daily,when needed and will be sold to meet their needs..
.so I think it depends on the bitcoin owner himself in the face of crypto price pressures..
So this is the reason why only invest in bitcoin the amount that you are willing to Keep holding and if you are aiming for faster growth then best put your funds in altcoin things that most of us are doing now.
we have retired in investing bitcoin for short term basis , not like in the past that Bitcoin is still best to use in arbitraging now those days are gone already .
the short term for now is not really worth it with bitcoin and it is true that altcoins are more suitable if you really want to be in the short term.
to get something big, of course, you have to be willing to sacrifice and one of the sacrifices is your time and patience in holding back because nothing will be instant.
when you are patient and take longer of course the results obtained will be very good especially now the BTC trend is very good

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Arifur Rahman

Activity: 293
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 12:32:48 AM

Its actually depend on how much profit taken you are, if you satisfied by taking  profit then it will be fine. I am always following take profit theory. So sell bitcoin when you think its enough for you. Btw, bitcoin always gives you best opportunity. Thanks
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 04:13:48 AM

there are no definite demands you have to hold your bitcoins up to a certain time. What you must pay attention to is the planning and the momentum you want.
I am not a good holder of bitcoin assets. As you can see for this year's move, I've been selling and buying bitcoins again in situations that I think are favorable to me. I do it over and over again for profit. and everyone can do it.
The essence of investing is satisfaction from yourself. if you are satisfied with the profits then you can go out. lest you sell with regret.

gloriamartin

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 04:52:42 AM

There is no rule or the perfect time to sell your bitcoin. Nobody can stop you from selling your bitcoin as well. It depends on at what price you bought your bitcoin and how much profit you want to make. If you are satisfied with its current price and think you have already made your target profit, go ahead with selling your bitcoin.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 05:12:18 AM

don't make the wrong conclusion that you will lose. Hold a good choice for people who hold potentially future alcoins such as eth coins and bnb coins, don't just hold without knowledge of the coins we hold, they will lose in the future.
at least you realized that this is a Bitcoin discussion and your Shitcoin isn't a place for this?  lurk anywhere but not here in BTC section.

There is no rule or the perfect time to sell your bitcoin. Nobody can stop you from selling your bitcoin as well.
same as nobody cans top you from Buying because even in countries that made bitcoin illegal still people are purchasing .
It depends on at what price you bought your bitcoin and how much profit you want to make. If you are satisfied with its current price and think you have already made your target profit, go ahead with selling your bitcoin.

If youa re talking about HOLDING , you must learn to indicate when to sell because there is no permanent holding .

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Nutrient

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 06:08:11 AM

Right time to sell is when you’ve achieved your goal. So it’s advisable that you have a goal when purchasing it. When people advise you HODL is because they believe the price will become higher in a longer timeframe and you have more chances of making better profits when you HODL. Just have a goal and sell when you hit the target.
carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 02:30:42 PM

The best time to sell or sell Bitcoin is when the market is going up. Don't hesitate and don't be greedy when you are going to sell coins. Many are still confused at what second they should release the coin even though they know the market is going up at that time. This often happens because as much as you practice to determine the right time to solve the problem as you will solve the right time to release Bitcoin.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 03:04:19 PM

hodl or hold don't mean never sell bitcoin i think the real purposses from hold is buy bitcoin at cheap price and hold until the price goes well or high so the final results from hold bitcoin is the profit itself and some people are very clever to maintain their asset with hold much bitcoin for better profit 
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2021, 03:35:17 PM

Hodl is a long term investment strategy. Hodl is not just holding back, but also has targets to achieve. So when is it time to sell?
The right time to sell is when the target you set has been achieved or you sell only part of it just to take initial capital.
there is a hold limit or not it all depends on you. the most important thing is to get a profit and also the future assets that you hold. investment is not only focused on one coin or bitcoin, but many altcoins that have good potential.
Raflesia

Activity: 2324
Merit: 565

_""""Duelbits""""_

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2021, 04:30:25 PM

Hodl is a long term investment strategy. Hodl is not just holding back, but also has targets to achieve. So when is it time to sell?
The right time to sell is when the target you set has been achieved or you sell only part of it just to take initial capital.
there is a hold limit or not it all depends on you. the most important thing is to get a profit and also the future assets that you hold. investment is not only focused on one coin or bitcoin, but many altcoins that have good potential.
That's what I do when it's a long-term investment, so of course the target is a must, don't just look at the increase, even if it reaches the target, of course I will take the initial capital and the rest as profit for the long term again.
For me this is not done on bitcoin, of course it will be more capital large and also long but as you said altcoins also have good potential for long-term trading and even increases can reach 50x when we choose the right one.
It would be great to have some kind of long coin to hold.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 04:37:21 PM

there are no definite demands you have to hold your bitcoins up to a certain time. What you must pay attention to is the planning and the momentum you want.
I am not a good holder of bitcoin assets. As you can see for this year's move, I've been selling and buying bitcoins again in situations that I think are favorable to me. I do it over and over again for profit. and everyone can do it.
The essence of investing is satisfaction from yourself. if you are satisfied with the profits then you can go out. lest you sell with regret.
Felt more people sold their bitcoin with more regret than satisfaction because they didn't find their true nature, their gratification philosophy is very shady things, sometimes they like higher price but then price drop and they choose lower price to sell, this action happens more than once to many people, the belief for holding is always abundant but the deep aspect seems to be as thin as paper and a few sharp nails from the market also hurt them. Listening to the market is misleading many people into thinking they are listening to themselves, need to establish a segregated space to have a more accurate way to sell bitcoin, instead of keeping it indefinitely and without target

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████