Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL, HODL, HODL when can one actually sell Bitcoin?  (Read 1849 times)
CDC AP

Activity: 463
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2021, 09:25:53 AM

Whether you hold or "hodl" your bitcoins or sell them is entirely up to you.  There is no hard-fast rule that states you must do this or do that in order to sell that exists, so you do what you have to do.  That being said everyone is always saying "hodl" because that is how we will drive up the value of bitcoin.  By selling bitcoin  you are driving the value down. So this is why.
Amejoaquim

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 06:31:47 AM

Personally: I sell around 20-50% as the price hits 20-50% over last ATH.
And then I re-buy the same way, in parts, as the price drops again.
I don’t always make good profits out of it, but I usually come out 5-25% better then if I had not touched it.
akar87

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 07:53:13 AM

How then do we say we have made money from it if we don't sell?

The term Hold does not mean you have to hold on forever, but of course you can still sell it when the bitcoin price has exceeded the price when you bought it and it all depends on the initial strategic planning when you start investing in bitcoin, so far many investors have used the Hold strategy just to avoid price volatility in the long term and they will release it when they get bigger profits.

````▄▄██████▄▄▄```▄▄██████▄▄
``▄███████████▀`▄████████████▄
`█████``````▀``█████``````█████
████``````````████````█▄````████
███``````````▄███`````███````███
████````▄█▄``███▀`````█▀````████
`█████``███`████`▄██``````█████
``▀████████`██▀`▄████████████▀
````▀▀█████`▀```▀▀▀▀██████▀▀
````````▀█▀

````````▄███████████████████████▄
```````██▀```▄███▀`▄█▀`````````▀██
▐███▄`██````▄███▀`▄█▀````````````██`▄███▌
`▀███▄█▄```▄███▀`▄█▀`````````````▄█▄███▀
``▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄
`████▄```▀█████████████████████▀```▄████
`█████▄````▀██████▄```▄██████▀````▄█████
`███████████████████████████████████████
`▐█████████████████████████████████████▌
``▀███████████████████████████████████▀
````██████`````````````````````██████
`▄▄`▀████▀`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`▀████▀`▄▄

MMO RPG METAVERSE
BUILD ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN

FIGHT, RACE, OWN STREETS
PLAY 2 EARN CYBERCASH
LEVEL-UP AND BUILD NFT

....[ PRE-REGISTER ]....
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 09:02:46 AM

the purpose of holding is to wait for the price of the coin to go up, so if the coin you hold doesn't have potential then hold is the wrong choice, in my opinion, if you want to hold, choose a coin listed on the top 10 binance market, there is a possibility that the top 10 has potential in the future.

Holding  is not only to wait for the price to go up. If you have this mentality then you will sell a coin when it reaches 2x 3x.
Holding means that you do not sell the coin until it reaches  your desired target and a desired target could be 50 x 100 x depending upon the cryptocurrency which you have selected and its market cap.
rodskee

Activity: 2422
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 10:57:42 AM

the purpose of holding is to wait for the price of the coin to go up, so if the coin you hold doesn't have potential then hold is the wrong choice, in my opinion, if you want to hold, choose a coin listed on the top 10 binance market, there is a possibility that the top 10 has potential in the future.

Holding  is not only to wait for the price to go up. If you have this mentality then you will sell a coin when it reaches 2x 3x.
Holding means that you do not sell the coin until it reaches  your desired target and a desired target could be 50 x 100 x depending upon the cryptocurrency which you have selected and its market cap.
that is perfectly correct , Holding is not like what the famous word HODL means , in our time now we have to be obedient because the volatility of market will send us more advantage to make money.
Buy low sell high.
I use to keep my funds on hold but after realizing that the opportunity to make money in semi long term than long term .

Dhaniii

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/hgxNNiA.png

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 04:17:17 PM

I prefer to call hold when I can store bitcoins until the bitcoin price reaches a profit of at least 10% - 20% and 30% if the market still looks bullrun, if conditions start to change, I will sell even if the deposit is not too long. why keep too long but profit is not more than short term as the day market has experienced a sharp correction.

Olayinka2225

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 06:23:39 AM

This all depends on you
It all depends on your trading techniques
Either buy high sell low, or buy low sell high.
yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 09:11:30 AM

HODL, HODL, HODL bitcoin now and enjoy it in the future, well i think you can HODL your bitcoin until you think that bitcoin in the higher price, and after that you can buy it in the lower price again and HOLD again, i think its like trading, but you need to think again, because maybe when you sell it, the price of bitcoin will increasing after you sell it hahaha

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
ancafe

Activity: 1680
Merit: 710

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 10:48:06 AM

Personally: I sell around 20-50% as the price hits 20-50% over last ATH.
And then I re-buy the same way, in parts, as the price drops again.
I don’t always make good profits out of it, but I usually come out 5-25% better then if I had not touched it.
in fact, this is the right thing to do when it comes to selling bitcoins. when we have seen ATH, or see a high price, selling some of the asset, or a few percent of it is the right thing, and buying back can be the right decision too. however, many people are confused about when to sell their assets, so they sometimes miss the train. So, sell 50% or less of it when the price is high, or you feel you've got your profit.

I think some people continue hold the bitcoins they own, no matter ATH or bear market it's because they still believe in higher prices, and, their needs are met by other incomes so they are comfortable withholding it.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 12:56:30 PM

if we hold on to it, when we will enjoy it, of course we must have a target time. For example, investing in bitcoin for our children's college fees later, so we hold on until that time comes. otherwise we can enjoy it every time we form a new ath and buy back when there is a correction, so we can often enjoy it, even fortunately we can diversify into other assets

rozak

Activity: 1960
Merit: 273

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 01:33:01 PM

if we hold on to it, when we will enjoy it, of course we must have a target time. For example, investing in bitcoin for our children's college fees later, so we hold on until that time comes. otherwise we can enjoy it every time we form a new ath and buy back when there is a correction, so we can often enjoy it, even fortunately we can diversify into other assets
if as you say, it looks more inconsistent in determining planning.
if indeed the target is time, as much as possible be consistent with the plan that has been made. even if there is a pump, don't ever expect to sell it.
if that happens, then your planning instantly turns into value. which has not even been determined in advance to sell at what price.
more precisely, carried away by market trends. and usually, such people are day traders. not a long-term holder.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2021, 02:09:48 PM

if as you say, it looks more inconsistent in determining planning.
if indeed the target is time, as much as possible be consistent with the plan that has been made. even if there is a pump, don't ever expect to sell it.
if that happens, then your planning instantly turns into value. which has not even been determined in advance to sell at what price.
more precisely, carried away by market trends. and usually, such people are day traders. not a long-term holder.

Now is the time for the market correction. And if this situation continues for a couple of days, most bitcoiners will start panic selling, But the opposite should be done. More and more Bitcoin should be bought during the correction so that swing trading can be done perfectly. And if one does not want to do swing trading, then split your money, buy Bitcoin in a few steps during the bearish market and fix the profit after some days later when the market will be pumped. If you can afford to hold for a long time, it is better to HODL, and if you want to fix profit, it is better to sell in the bullish market. and when you sell, don't rush, don't sell all your coin at once, split it and sell smoothly.

deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 02:30:51 PM

Now is the time for the market correction. And if this situation continues for a couple of days, most bitcoiners will start panic selling, But the opposite should be done. More and more Bitcoin should be bought during the correction so that swing trading can be done perfectly. And if one does not want to do swing trading, then split your money, buy Bitcoin in a few steps during the bearish market and fix the profit after some days later when the market will be pumped. If you can afford to hold for a long time, it is better to HODL, and if you want to fix profit, it is better to sell in the bullish market. and when you sell, don't rush, don't sell all your coin at once, split it and sell smoothly.
you have good asset management. under current market conditions. some people or maybe most people will sell their bitcoins. The price drop will probably continue for the week, and that's an opportunity for those who have already sold to enter again. but I believe, there are still many people who hold their bitcoins instead of panicking and selling them all.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 09:44:07 PM

everyone has their own trading investment management...
when we hold and when we have to sell it.
what is certain is that we sell it when we are satisfied with the profit and also sell it when we need money for which there is no other way but to sell it without looking at the price because this is what I have done

Hamphser

Activity: 2534
Merit: 331

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 10:40:03 PM

everyone has their own trading investment management...
when we hold and when we have to sell it.
what is certain is that we sell it when we are satisfied with the profit and also sell it when we need money for which there is no other way but to sell it without looking at the price because this is what I have done
Don't ever look back when you do tend to sell out on a specific price because tendency of having those regrets specially if the price had risen up more then it would be likely this would happen.

Hodl when you do see the price could shoot up in the future and active sell and buy when you do see some opportunity.This had been always the typical case
because not all would really be deciding to hold for long.

This is actually in depends on someones preference because we do all doesn't have the same mindset when it comes to things and made out
decisions.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 10:57:32 PM

for those who haven't mastered trading, I think holding is better, and when to sell it I think when we are profitable and can match the set targets, but if we haven't reached the target and we want to sell, I think this is also better than us experience a panic sell later which results in losses

When you see a market drop like now then holding is better, in investing and trading we have to be patient, most people panic easily when they see a market drop, in fact now is the time to buy more, and I have invested around $390 to buy bitcoin because I believe the market will soon recover tomorrow or the day after and immediately skyrocket like the previous year.
what you are doing is very precise, when the price is indeed dropping it is worth doing as you do, continue to buy and store in any form that can be exchanged for bitcoin. because the nature of bitcoin does have its own character and will always increase in time, so that when you continue to save then in time you will reap the results you have done. because bitcoin will eventually reach a point of value that can be in accordance with what you want.

We have two chances when the price of the coin you invested, go down. If you have enough money then yes invest it when the price is kai so that you can average the loss and sell off all those coins at profit when there coin grows a bit  But yes holding is a great tool given to us to take a breath and sell at profit when it goes up. Unless and until you are in a immense need of money, never sell at loss.
HODL is a term used by bitcoiners, investors meaning to HODL bitcoin more. I think anyone can tell you to HODL bitcoin in order to create bitcoin scarcity in the market for the price to go up but no one will tell you to sell bitcoin, that one you have to decide by yourself. When different people invested in bitcoin they have different intentions, some will HODL for long-term and some will just sell whenever they make profits thus no one will tell you sell but you.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
bubidan.id

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 06:20:25 AM

In my opinion, regarding how long the holding is relative or rather flexible, there is no limit to the price at which they can be sold. Everyone has their own opinion and desire, some are satisfied with a 50% profit and then sell it, some choose to hold on because they are sure of big results in the future.

Elysian Finance◆   |   Next generation reverse backed token
https://elysian.finance/
ThemePen

Activity: 812
Merit: 705

I stand with Palestine.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2022, 05:54:14 PM

So I keep hearing HODL, HODL, keep holding and all that. My simple question to everyone is "when is actually the right time to sell Bitcoin or we don't ever sell it"?

How then do we say we have made money from it if we don't sell?
HODL doesn't mean that you have to HODL for you rest of your life. (You can sell it anytime if needed)

Let me tell you a simple strategy to hold Bitcoin which I think better for you.

That is: If you bought the Bitcoin at the price of 40K and you Hodl and the price goes to 80K so I will recommend to sell half of your Bitcoin. (If needed). And will recommend to hodl half of your Bitcoin again.

Note:  if you find a dip again you can buy again and you can Hodl it again.

By doing this you can get profit and can hodl Bitcoin too.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 06:25:46 PM

Whether you hold or "hodl" your bitcoins or sell them is entirely up to you.  There is no hard-fast rule that states you must do this or do that in order to sell that exists, so you do what you have to do.  That being said everyone is always saying "hodl" because that is how we will drive up the value of bitcoin.  By selling bitcoin  you are driving the value down. So this is why.
Holding cryptocurrency is not that is mandatory to hold, but the reasons of holding for long time. Is because of profit and lose. If you hold coin for long time, the opportunity of having good benefits of the coin is close. Why if you buy and sell immediately you can make big profit or small profit and at times it lands by getting lost of your coin. That is the point why people like to hold coins and is not Bitcoin alone but some other cryptocurrency
Holding isn't mandatory, but the benefits of the same is big. Almost every cryptocurrency user have experienced it. It is suggested to hold, based on the growth happened in the market with time. If you're good in trading, then one can make good profit out of the fluctuation. Here very few will be successful with their indepth knowledge and observation about different cryptocurrencies. Majority just consider it an investment and keeps hold. Here also users get lucky to profit in short term as well as in long term.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 06:33:48 PM

Holding isn't mandatory, but the benefits of the same is big. Almost every cryptocurrency user have experienced it. It is suggested to hold, based on the growth happened in the market with time. If you're good in trading, then one can make good profit out of the fluctuation. Here very few will be successful with their indepth knowledge and observation about different cryptocurrencies. Majority just consider it an investment and keeps hold. Here also users get lucky to profit in short term as well as in long term.

Majority HODL bitcoin after facing loss in day or short term trading. HODL is best strategy to gain profit in BTC. As far as OP question is concerned that when to sell, IMO there is no best time to buy and sell. It all depends on your personal strategy , there is no point in HODLing your coins if you are getting decent profit. I sell me holdings if I see profit around 30 to 40%
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: