Bitcoin Forum
October 09, 2026, 01:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Show off your hardware wallet  (Read 3945 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LuckyCrypto777
Member
**
Online Online

Activity: 72
Merit: 20

-


View Profile
Today at 12:05:33 PM
Last edit: Today at 12:48:38 PM by LuckyCrypto777
 #261

A few years ago, my friend gave me this Ledger. He was the first of our group to learn about the world of blockchain and Bitcoin. Of course, this gift was part of his "program to get his best friends involved in the world of Bitcoin and blockchain" (not trading or speculation), but rather an invitation to see Bitcoin and blockchain for myself. This piqued my interest, because at that moment, I had something tangible, and related to Bitcoin in my hands!
It certainly motivated me at the time, and I consider it one of the most life-changing gifts of my life.
Of course, we still communicate, and discussing Bitcoin is one of our main topics that keeps us from getting lost in the distance.
I wish everyone had friends like that.
Thanks for sharing your story and the picture. I will add your name to the table.

Are you still using your Ledger Nano S today? How is the display quality after a few years? Several users have reported that the quality of their displays have deteriorated and at one point some people even experimented with replacing the displays on their own.

On a different note, are you familiar with Ledger's data leaks and the very controversial Ledger Recover (key extraction) feature that's built into all their devices? The Nano S is allegedly the only one that doesn't support Ledger Recover because of memory constraints.

Right now, I'm just keeping this crypto wallet in a safe, and it's currently empty. I'll transfer bitcoins to it only when I reach my accumulation goal. That will be something of a checkpoint for me.
Regarding the data leak: yes, I read this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5593102.msg67107798#msg67107798

and it's a shame it happened this way. I didn't receive any suspicious emails, so I guess I wasn't affected by this incident.
Thanks for telling me about Ledger Recover, even though it doesn't apply to my model, I'll know about it now.

Update: Ledger users, attention
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5596352.msg67223204#msg67223204
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!