Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:40:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Unbreakablecoin (UNB) | SHA256 - Over 3x Bigger then Bitcoin | No Premine  (Read 134736 times)
jimblasko (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:45:25 PM

difficulty with difficulty,  i guess someone parked it out pretty high and no coins can be sent since the block chain is not moving,

if coin warz is accurate at 100 terra hash a block will be solved in just over 12 days

if 500 terra hash block in about 60 hours

obviously my figures are subject to luck but 500 ths should probably fix it up pretty fast

Cinnamon_Carter - Welcome to UnbreakableCoin's forum, glad to have you stop by  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:03:06 PM

One more thing Jim, can you post the PR invoice where you paid for Mr. Terpin's services?  In the spirit of transparency, which you have championed well so far, it would be nice to have that posted for a number of good reasons.

I saw other coins which got promotion contracts with Terpin publicly posted their paid invoices.  It would also be nice to know how much this 3 month promotion deal cost the devs/community as well.  The invoice would provide that while continuing the Transparency theme UNB has going for it.  

Much appreciated!

Michael Terpin and I have a very unique agreement and I feel very lucky we have him on board as part of our Unbreakable Team. The deal we worked out is most likely different than most coins have done with him in the past, it is valued at $18,000 dollars. One great thing about this, is that our deal hasn't cost the UNB community anything and I didn't ask anyone from the UNB community to contribute anything. Again our deal was unique to our agreement and differs from others as there are many services I can offer. I took care of the initial payment and agreed to supply myself for other services. Nearly all the conventions and money spent to expose UNB comes directly from my pocket and I'm ok with that. As our business relationship continued, recently Michael and I have worked out something new, and I'm partnering with him for an upcoming Las Vegas Crypto Incubator. UNB's exposure and real world usage continues to grow. Thanks for the questions.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:27:19 PM

difficulty with difficulty,  i guess someone parked it out pretty high and no coins can be sent since the block chain is not moving,

if coin warz is accurate at 100 terra hash a block will be solved in just over 12 days

obviously my figures are subject to luck but 500 ths should probably fix it up pretty fast
Jeez!  When did you see 100TH?  I've been following CoinWarz awhile and that's news to me!  I'd be happy to mine UNB (did earlier for awhile), but not at the current difficulty (electricity isn't cheap)!  You sound starry-eyed, but we're looking at months of no relief, good luck dude!

I've seen multipool alone throw more than 100 th/s at UNB.  The hash comes and go's but UNB's chain has never stopped. It's just slow at times. I've personally been hashing non stop.

There will be no changes to UNB's code.

The majority of users and fans of UNB have made it clear to me that they don't want to see a change and I'm glad they share and support the same ideal of crypto that I express. Many of the users feel that UNB is more decentralized than other coins because of this very reason. One year and 3 months old and UNB has never changed, never broken, and never needs anything but hash which comes with exposure. UNB is a long term coin, it aims to pick up where Satoshi left Bitcoin. UNB continues to grow in the same pattern matter that BTC did, it appears however we have grown exponentially faster during year 1. This is a very good sign for UNB holders. Given more time - I believe UnbreakableCoin will change the way people feel about Alt-Coins and the groups behind them. Look at it this way, you can rest at night knowing we aren't going to change UNB's code, it's name, or anything about it's core. UNB is straightforward, as I'm pretty sure none of you want to wake up tomorrow to find out we changed the name.

UNB remains the same, and from what I can tell that really matters.

Here is a very interesting chart from coinmarketcap that compares UNB with BTC, LTC, and DOGE for the last 365 days.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:33:59 PM

Please be aware of people saying our block chain is frozen.

In 15 months since release, UNB has never frozen once.

It's hard to decipher sometimes if these comments come from miners wanting faster profits, day traders who want to sell to the buy side, or simply competitor coins who want to see UNB fail.
If these were day traders who were being affected by block confirmations, they can simply leave the coins on Cryptsy, or C-CEX and trade at will anytime. Block Speeds would never matter.
If security is their issue with leaving coins on an Exchange, note that Cryptsy has a nifty lock box feature where you can lock your coins in cold storage.

Please keep in mind that most of these requests to change UNB comes on stronger when the price is rising, and buy support is there. So I tend to think it's the miners.
I do understand that many miners want UNB to be easier to mine. They don't admit why, but I assume it's so they can quickly sell onto the buy walls.
They've always ask me to change the difficulty readjustment, add gravity wells, and some have said convert to POS....(Seriously)
Every time I've watched coins do this, they lost their value, made more changes later, and essentially destroyed the "decentralized" aspect of itself.
A few people have said the only thing wrong with UNB is it's name. To that I feel, UnbreakableCoin has proven itself, and has earned the right to the use such an awesome name.

I would hate to think it's just haters and competitors who want to see UNB fail.  However I must admit, I know some of these people are out there. Considering that UNBAuctions.com is the only place some alt coins have any real world usage, I would think even competitors would back UNB.  As a matter of fact many other groups have openly supported UNB and been very friendly with out team, some of those coins would include LTC, UTC, UNO, VTC, ZRC, HTML5, MZC, MINT, DOGED, BITB, MTR, I could go one for awhile. 

So I say again, UNB has never frozen. We find blocks everyday. Even when UNB is slow, it has never frozen!
These questions about making UNB faster have always been answered with, just hash it and I can assure you, it does go faster. This is the correct answer.

Rest assured - There will be no changes to UNB.
UNB will always be Unbreakably Decentralized, and Unchanged!

jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:53:19 PM

If anyone is planning to come to Chicago for the 2015 Inside Bitcoins Convention, I will be speaking on July 10th at 11:30am – 12:15pm.
Come by and say hello !

Here are some links:

http://insidebitcoins.com/chicago/2015/speakers#jimblasko

http://insidebitcoins.com/chicago/2015/agenda#t1dat1130
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:12:53 PM

http://www.unbmining.com:8008/chain/Unbreakablecoin <---- working block explorer
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 12:07:36 AM

How much longer till the next diff change?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:57:47 AM

New UNB block explorer will up soon.
From my donation  Cool

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 04:12:31 AM

Any plans to cut the inflation and max supply?  I still think there's no need to have 3x the supply. 

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:29:09 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 06:58:35 AM by jimblasko

Any plans to cut the inflation and max supply?  I still think there's no need to have 3x the supply.  

Cheers!

UNB is rare, hard to get, and there is only 2,243,750 out there right now.
It will take 35-40 years for all 80 Million UNB to be mined out.
In the first year we seen about 2,000,000 UNB mined.

There is no heavy inflation on a yearly scale, and the max supply is set for UNB to be minable for a very long time.

Thanks

tertius993

Activity: 1012
Merit: 706

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:26:52 AM

At the current rate, about 300 days.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 08:24:36 AM

hello, i stopped by since someone i know who spends a lot of time and research investing in alt coins suggested to me that I should look at this coin.   

a few thoughts not in any particular order or even any value but some considerations....

1) normally when i see proof of developer it is a pass for me on a coin but since not everyone feels as I do....  i looked a bit more

2) i agree that when a coin is launched there should not be major changes to the coin production schedule nor the money supply since (i won't name names here) often people release coins with 50 million supply ect...., then 3 hard forks later the supply is 5 million.... large swings like this are not healthy for a coin  and tend to create 'pyramid scheme' scenarios.  Nice to see that there are some people running coins who have enough integrity to keep thier code intact to what was originally stated.

3) I could not find a link to the source code on github in the op only on the coins website is this source https://github.com/jimblasko/UnbreakableCoin-master on github available by link

4) I certainly respect developers who keep promises and do not fork the code of the coin every few weeks or continue to discuss 'proposals to change the coin' ...ect.....  This aside since your difficulty retarget is every two weeks when blocks are being produced at a 10 minute clip. With higher difficulty a lot of mining hash power is necessary to continue to solve blocks so coins can be slowly moved about your network right now. Still since it is moving quite slowly now you may want to reconsider for the future (thinking long term) of lowering this to every 50-100 blocks.  I have never been a fan of the kimoto gravity well or other quick retarget methods but to help people move coins around and encourage people to mine the coin... I would consider it if it were my coin. (in theory the current slower than normal movement of the blockchain could allow someone with enough hash power to start building their own little chain more easily than if it was moving at normal speed)  (no i have no plans to attack your coin lol)

5)  May i suggest you read this research paper from a few years ago (you may have read it before but never hurts to re read this every so often)

Analysis of hashrate-based double-spending  https://bitcoil.co.il/Doublespend.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-93,798  Normally higher difficulty is certainly a good thing to have since the higher the difficulty the more resources someone needs to mount any attack.  I believe in theory at least that when a block chain is moving much slower than normal the points/methods/data in this research is something to consider.
Some believe that 6 confirmations is some type of 'constant' or 'magic number' when actually it was probably chosen as a balance point just as you need not control 51% of a coins hash power to double spend or attack a network.  Smaller amounts of hash power can actually attack a network although with less chance of success. 

This all aside i did not post these opinions of mine and other information to 'troll' your coin thread. 

Your development team as the people running the project should have control over how it is run.

My purpose in posting here was to just kick a few ideas around .......

I hope you find the data in the paper I referenced in number 5 above useful (assuming you have never read the paper) 

As bitcoin mining grows and faster and larger quantities of miners become availabe to more people it is still hard to predict what impact this will have on alt coins using sha 2.

Regards and best wishes --

difficulty with difficulty,  i guess someone parked it out pretty high and no coins can be sent since the block chain is not moving,

Cinnamon_Carter - Welcome to UnbreakableCoin's forum, glad to have you stop by  Smiley

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:31:00 AM

That's an eternity for me.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 04:20:03 PM

whats the current network rate?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
tertius993

Activity: 1012
Merit: 706

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:22:16 PM

whats the current network rate?

Hash rate you mean?  No idea.  I estimated 300 days simply by looking at blocks made over the last 30 days - between 4 and 5 per day on average.  It was just a rough and ready calculation.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:59:43 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 11:26:50 AM by TrevorS

Please be aware of people saying our block chain is frozen.

In 15 months since release, UNB has never frozen once.

It's hard to decipher sometimes if these comments come from miners wanting faster profits, day traders who want to sell to the buy side, or simply competitor coins who want to see UNB fail.
If these were day traders who were being affected by block confirmations, they can simply leave the coins on Cryptsy, or C-CEX and trade at will anytime. Block Speeds would never matter.
If security is their issue with leaving coins on an Exchange, note that Cryptsy has a nifty lock box feature where you can lock your coins in cold storage.

Please keep in mind that most of these requests to change UNB comes on stronger when the price is rising, and buy support is there. So I tend to think it's the miners.
I do understand that many miners want UNB to be easier to mine. They don't admit why, but I assume it's so they can quickly sell onto the buy walls.
As a miner, as I said above (as well as much previously), electricity is too expensive to mine a seriously over-difficult coin (I'm not a dumper).  The current Diff algorithm was perfect for the relatively primitive mining hardware available in BTC's early days, only reason it's OK for BTC today is the quantity of mining hash is huge (block solution speed is more than maintained) -- totally not the case for UNB.

Bought some coins a couple days ago and transferred them to my wallet at ~5pm Wednesday.  They arrived at about 9pm (twenty-two network connections) and now I'm awaiting the confirmations.  That's a problem whether you admit it or not.  No, the blockchain isn't frozen, however, instead of running, it's crawling.  The five minute block spec is currently meaningless and has been that way for months.  Hopefully, the next Diff change will alleviate the mining problem, but appears that won't happen for many more months.  And when it finally happens, there's a good likelihood an ensuing jump in mining (like during the earlier P&D) will again blow the Diff into the stratosphere.  The PR looks good, but not so the blockchain!

UNB is not a five minute coin, not even vaguely close -- we're talking about multiple hours!  If you want it to be a five minute coin, you need to move to a Diff algorithm that is capable of enabling a five minute coin in an ASIC world.  Otherwise, it'll remain prohibitively expensive to mine and hence hyper-slow for transactions!

PS.  As of Thursday 10pm, there are still only four of the minimum six confirmations.

PPS. As of Friday morning 1:15am, six confirmations have been acknowledged!  The coins are now available for use!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:18:30 AM

lol nice domain

Contact me if you want altexplorer.info I have owned if for close to 2 years now.

I also have @altexplorer on twitter

I wont charge you vlad2vlad prices either Tongue
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 02:17:16 PM

lol nice domain

Contact me if you want altexplorer.info I have owned if for close to 2 years now.

I also have @altexplorer on twitter

I wont charge you vlad2vlad prices either Tongue

Oooohhhhh.   No you didn't.  Why does $100,000 seem so extreme to people?  Haha, seriously though, next year any such domains are gonna demand crazy high prices.

Nice domains though, I wasn't a techie in 2013 (and I'm not one now) so a lot of great domains slipped my mind completely.   Great catch, don't sell it cheap!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:01:46 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 09:29:43 AM by BitcoinNational

as an outsider suddenly more interested in UNB.

1.  I like a coin community that is ULTRA conservative on code changes.  Release and never fork.
2.  This slow block release is still a big problem.
http://www.unbmining.com:8008/chain/Unbreakablecoin?limit=100&offset=45041
20 days to mine 100 blocks?

Suggestion, stick to your guns, UNB is likely to not gain major acceptance in the next 300 days.  The market might appreciate the 'never fork' later.  But UNB will suffer severe ridicule in that period.

That said, forking in a gravity well, it is no major sin.

---

http://insidebitcoins.com/chicago/2015/speakers#jimblasko

interesting group of BTC "insiders",
same Corp. hive of mba/lawyer/banker/advisors found in the actual Corp. hive

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Live4Crypto

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:09:11 AM

Jesus what a pain in the ass...if my coins ever confirm I'm out.  This block time is absurd.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: