Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Unbreakablecoin (UNB) | SHA256 - Over 3x Bigger then Bitcoin | No Premine  (Read 134743 times)
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:27:40 AM

When is the next halving and what will it go down to?

Based on the current hashrate - averaging 3 blocks a day in April - the next halving will be in approximately 15 months.  However the hash rate has been falling steadily so most likely rather longer than that.

Wow, that sucks.  So we inflate at 30% per annum for a long long time.

Is there any way to significantly reduce this inflation and dilution (max supply) Jim? 

Is that something Terpin would be ok with?  Lots of other top coins have done it and have done well or are backed by big names.  DarkCoin (DASH), MaxCoin, Nautilus, and many other coins.

It's the same exact concept as a corporation spending billions per year doing stock buy-backs; only with cryptos we are very lucky cause we can do exactly the same thing for free, with a simple code update.

I simply see no reason to have 3 times the dilution and inflation of Bitcoin [3 times as many coins].  21 million [highly divisible] coins are enough for the entire planet - let alone a niche market.

I hope this is something that can be done soon otherwise any attempt at another huge rally will have the same failed end result - a quick death to the rally, followed by an immediate price collapse.

Sorry, I misread your question - that isn't the next "halving" that is the next difficulty retarget; however, I think that is what you were actually asking?

I will correct my post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:32:57 AM

There is no way the next difficulty retarget is 18 months away.  lol

Maybe 18 minutes or max 18 hours.

So no, my original question stands, when is the next subsidy halving and what will be the new block reward?

Thanks!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
tertius993

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:33:36 AM

Just to add, the only reward halving is at block 800,000 given fewer than 45,000 blocks have been found so far, and they are currently being found at 3 a day ... well, you work it out ...
tertius993

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:36:34 AM

There is no way the next difficulty retarget is 18 months away.  lol

Maybe 18 minutes or max 18 hours.

So no, my original question stands, when is the next subsidy halving and what will be the new block reward?

Thanks!

I'm afraid it is ... Difficulty retarget happens every 2016 blocks, blocks are being found at c.3 per day and from memory somewhere around 1500 more blocks remain in the current period: 1500/3 = 500 days.

Just look at the block explorer.

Edited to add: that is based on the *current* hashrate, if more hash is pointed at the coin the block rate will increase and the time will come down of course.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 03:49:00 PM

I'm afraid it is ... Difficulty retarget happens every 2016 blocks, blocks are being found at c.3 per day and from memory somewhere around 1500 more blocks remain in the current period: 1500/3 = 500 days.

Just look at the block explorer.

Edited to add: that is based on the *current* hashrate, if more hash is pointed at the coin the block rate will increase and the time will come down of course.

Thanks for the lesson, brother!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 03:44:56 AM

This coin is down around 93% from its high.

What's going on with the Terpin PR?  That's the reason the price sky rocketed yet we now get nothing.  A lot of people got stuck holding the bag so I hope Terpin is gonna start that PR blitz soon.

Anybody know what Terpin is waiting for or when the PR is gonna start?  Thx

devlin85

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:45:44 PM

I have a pool setup on P2Pools.com

East Coast USA: Sarasota, FL
Server Address: stratum+tcp://mining.p2pools.com:10024
Username: Your_Wallet_Address
Password: anything

p2pool info on my github -> https://github.com/devlin85/p2pool
you are now under arrest

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:42:36 PM

Difficulty stuck? Didn't see that coming?
After next retarget going to happen again. 100%
Without update to faster difficulty adjusting, the coin is likely a waste of time.
UltrA1

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

In Real World Use for Crypto We Trust!!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 03:36:56 AM

UNB Update for this Crypto Friday 4/24/15

Current UNB Diff: 24965256.251220
Current Block Reward: 50 UNB
If the block seems stuck or slow, dont complain.. just add hashpower to it, use an authorised UNB pool to mine UNB.
You can find them listed here: http://www.unbreakablecoin.com/specs/pools/
Or you may find ispace very usefull: http://ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=unb

Eitherway wanted to post this special crypto'bits of info for you ANN fans,

UNB has been invited to Inaugural Digital Finance Committee meeting held this Sunday in New York City.

Where they will be hosting for prominent members of Bitcoin & Crypto Community alike, they would like to have UnbreakableCoin attend this very intimate event..
Very nice that they have asked UNB.

Thanks Jim Blasco, for everything you have done for crypto.
Thank you

TEAM UNB | UNBREAKABLECOIN

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jimblasko (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:24:39 AM

Hi everyone, here are some recent stories on UnbreakableCoin from crypto related news media outlets:

Bitcoinist Story By Nigel Dollentas (April 26th 2015)
http://bitcoinist.net/one-year-since-unbreakable-coin-launch-interview-jim-blasko/

The above story was also released by Inside Bitcoins here:
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/one-year-since-unbreakable-coin-launch-interview-with-jim-blasko/31947

CoinReport Story By Katherine Fletcher (April 14th 2015)
https://coinreport.net/cryptocurrency-profile-unbreakablecoin/

Bitcoin Talk Radio Story By Tom King (March 20th 2015)
http://www.bitcointalkradio.com/bitcoin-news/happy-1st-birthday-unbreakable-coin/

Watch for more news reports, as our Pro PR Team is doing a great job.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:17:37 PM

Hey guys would i be able to get a set of nodes ? the one in OP isnt working for me.
jimblasko (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:33:33 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 05:58:31 AM by jimblasko

Hey guys would i be able to get a set of nodes ? the one in OP isnt working for me.

It's ok now, the permanent node that is embedded in the wallet was down for a scheduled once a year 24 hour server maintenance. UnbreakableCoin wallets that were connected and running previous to the server maintenance stayed connected to each other so UNB never went down. All was good after about 24 hours when the server came back up. Once a wallet does connect your machine will store nodes in a peers.dat file - The peers file will keep a list of any nodes your wallet connected to in the past, and reattempts to connect to those nodes. For the privacy of our community I generally don't post ip's in public.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:56:06 AM

Seems like the dedicated node is still down..  Anyone have an addnode?

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 01:19:48 AM

difficulty with difficulty,  i guess someone parked it out pretty high and no coins can be sent since the block chain is not moving,

if coin warz is accurate at 100 terra hash a block will be solved in just over 12 days

if 500 terra hash block in about 60 hours

obviously my figures are subject to luck but 500 ths should probably fix it up pretty fast

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:53:51 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 07:07:05 AM by TrevorS

difficulty with difficulty,  i guess someone parked it out pretty high and no coins can be sent since the block chain is not moving,

if coin warz is accurate at 100 terra hash a block will be solved in just over 12 days

if 500 terra hash block in about 60 hours

obviously my figures are subject to luck but 500 ths should probably fix it up pretty fast
Jeez!  When did you see 100TH?  I've been following CoinWarz awhile and that's news to me!  I'd be happy to mine UNB (did earlier for awhile), but not at the current difficulty (electricity isn't cheap)!  You sound starry-eyed, but we're looking at months of no relief, good luck dude!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 06:19:19 PM

Jim Blasko,

I promised a good friend [who is surely gonna ask me to smack myself] that I would lay off UNB, but I gotta say this.

How can a legit coin like UNB with one of the most legit devs have a blockchain which has been frozen for weeks now!?  Very high difficulty - which is great yet a blockchain that hasn't moved in weeks.  How is that even possible?  I checked and it's not Cryptsy - the UNB wallet is NOT under maintenance which means it's you guys.

How can anyone move their UNB coins around and how is this even plausible given the dev team and backing of UNB?

This massive selloff and consolidation will never end if issues like this aren't fixed promptly. 

Finally, are you guys making a good-faith effort to get listed on Shapeshift.io?  I know people (lol), I'm special, Voorhees loves me so much so I hope you guys are trying to get added to his new Shapeshift app, that alone will take the UNB price up 10 fold and add huge liquidity.

Thanks for being an active and honest, straightforward dev.

TrevorS

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:41:05 AM

Jim Blasko,

I promised a good friend [who is surely gonna ask me to smack myself] that I would lay off UNB, but I gotta say this.

How can a legit coin like UNB with one of the most legit devs have a blockchain which has been frozen for weeks now!?  Very high difficulty - which is great yet a blockchain that hasn't moved in weeks.  How is that even possible?  I checked and it's not Cryptsy - the UNB wallet is NOT under maintenance which means it's you guys.

How can anyone move their UNB coins around and how is this even plausible given the dev team and backing of UNB?

This massive selloff and consolidation will never end if issues like this aren't fixed promptly. 

Finally, are you guys making a good-faith effort to get listed on Shapeshift.io?  I know people (lol), I'm special, Voorhees loves me so much so I hope you guys are trying to get added to his new Shapeshift app, that alone will take the UNB price up 10 fold and add huge liquidity.

Thanks for being an active and honest, straightforward dev.
I know you from the XPY thread and I'm not impressed!  Still, if something can be done to wake Blasko up to what's missing (a mineable coin), then that's good.  The pro PR is great, but the coin is stuck!  Outside of lies and wishful thinking, how do we move forward?

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 06:53:06 AM

I know you from the XPY thread and I'm not impressed!  Still, if something can be done to wake Blasko up to what's missing (a mineable coin), then that's good.  The pro PR is great, but the coin is stuck!  Outside of lies and wishful thinking, how do we move forward?

Yes, I lost 70% on my XPY "gamble" cause I was convinced a guy (Garza) with his real ID out there and millions of dollars would not be so stupid to allow his coin to fail and risk going to prison.

What can I say, I was wrong once.

I'm not wrong about UNB, I'm just trying to get some kind of reaction out of Blasko to help speed things along. 

tertius993

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:41:13 AM

Yes, I lost 70% on my XPY "gamble" cause I was convinced a guy (Garza) with his real ID out there and millions of dollars would not be so stupid to allow his coin to fail and risk going to prison.

I'm not wrong about UNB, I'm just trying to get some kind of reaction out of Blasko to help speed things along. 

I'll be surprised if you do.  He's made a big noise about UNB code never changing or being forked and yet it's over 90 days since the last difficulty adjustment and it's barely a quarter of the way to the next one, compared to the target of 7 days between difficulty adjustments, the only practical fix is a code change and he's caught between the two.  I'm guessing at where the chain is at since both explorers are down.
TrevorS

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:27:07 AM

I'll be surprised if you do.  He's made a big noise about UNB code never changing or being forked and yet it's over 90 days since the last difficulty adjustment and it's barely a quarter of the way to the next one, compared to the target of 7 days between difficulty adjustments, the only practical fix is a code change and he's caught between the two.  I'm guessing at where the chain is at since both explorers are down.
His earlier remarks indicate Blasko is wholey against code changes (several of us have recommended such) and so expectation is UNB is pretty much stuck for months into the future!  The PR is great, but the coin is dead in the water!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: