Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:08:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][IPO] Numus (Pow/Pos - Scrypt-Jane) | Decentralized Exchange |Cloud Storage  (Read 19857 times)
Numus (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:33:05 AM

The IPO ends on April 20th at 12:00PM GMT
ShimalH

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:51:26 AM

Interesting article on the various algos just came out:

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/4/3/what-will-be-the-next-hot-mining-algorithm-for-gpus

They don't see Scrypt-Jane as a long term contender though because of the decreasing profitability.
The article is very uninformative, doesn't explain in any depth why his views are they way the are. Good looking website though.

ShareCoin : SStrk8BCdBkbANHHbwGrU293qivEY2HEiy
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:14:00 PM

The IPO makes no sense, you will only get a tiny fraction of coins even if you invest a ton of Bitcoin. And its just a fork of Peercoin. Talk about style over substance...

The miners will rape this coin.
ShimalH

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:30:19 PM

The IPO makes no sense, you will only get a tiny fraction of coins even if you invest a ton of Bitcoin. And its just a fork of Peercoin. Talk about style over substance...

How about actually reading the OP before making comments. Numus is based on Peercoin source code, but brings about new features such as the cloud storage system. Read the whitepaper first : http://numus.org/whitepaper.pdf then come back and say its just a fork of Peercoin.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:05:42 PM

How about actually reading the OP before making comments. Numus is based on Peercoin source code, but brings about new features such as the cloud storage system. Read the whitepaper first : http://numus.org/whitepaper.pdf then come back and say its just a fork of Peercoin.

Sorry I meant clone not fork...

From the Whitepaper:   "Numus is a new cryptocurrency based on Peercoin source code."
ShimalH

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:17:22 PM

Sorry I meant clone not fork...

From the Whitepaper:   "Numus is a new cryptocurrency based on Peercoin source code."
Yes because Peercoin has a lotto system, cloud storage system and decentralized exchange  Roll Eyes

chiller1

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:19:27 PM

How the IPO Works - Through this thread

1. You will have to send your investment amount to this address : 1Lw6U1eQLB8KeqXsp8xQcJPV5gKahr1Lfj

2. You will then have to post the following in this thread :
  • Investment Amount
  • Transaction ID

3. Once we've received your transaction, we will send you a PM with your Investor ID and your Key. (Take note you must keep your Key secure as this will be used to access your NMS)

4. On May 15 we will release an investor only build of the Numus Client. The sole purpose of this build will be for investors to receive their NMS. Once the build has been installed the client will ask the investor to input his/her Investor ID and Key.

5. Once the Investor ID and Key have been input into the client, the amount of NMS which the investor is supposed to receive is automatically transferred into his client. Thereafter investors can use their NMS in whatever manner they please.
The amount of NMS which an investor will receive is calculated using the following formula : X/Y*25 000 000 where X equals the amount the investor has invested and Y the total amount invested from all investors.

Investors List

All investments from the IPO are made public and can be found here : http://ipo.numus.org/investor/index.html

Though the investments are made public, only your Investor ID is shown, therefore maintaining complete anonymity.

Optional Escrow

We have contracted Anon136, a reputable escrow agent who has provided escrow for other IPO's such as EdgeCoin and exoCoin, who will be providing optional escrow for Numus' IPO. Investors in the IPO may use escrow for heir investment but can expect delays in receiving their NMS of between 1 and 2 weeks.

The escrow process will work as follows :

1) You must first transfer your investment amount to Anon136's escrow address : 1B6HVyYkPSfFkTpgJ1LsFjWrSRGUhfT6Ri

1) You will have to post in the thread your following details :

• Invest Amount
  • Transaction ID

2) Once the above has been posted, we will generate your Investor ID and Key and send it to Anon136. (Your Investor ID and correspoonding Key must be kept safely so that if something happens to your Bitcointalk account your stake in the IPO will be kept safe)

3) When Numus' client is released, you will then have to download the client and create an address which must then be sent to Anon136, so that we may deposit the NMS into his account.

4) Once Anon136 has received your address he will then transfer the NMS over to you and your investment amount over to us.
IPO is still on the table?
Duff___Man

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:20:25 PM

Please take your NXT way of thinking and get out. Your reasoning is so bad its just sad.

ShareCoin : SMiSgsNN3A8onLPU4bpAB17w6GJX4g8bU8
ShimalH

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:21:50 PM

IPO is still on the table?

Yep it's still on, Numus stated earlier that it ends on April 20th I think.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:05:07 PM

Please take your NXT way of thinking and get out. Your reasoning is so bad its just sad.

Hey my friend you are gonna regret the day you ever tried to attack me on this forum.....stay tuned.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:56:59 PM

I'm sorry to break this to everyone that has already sent bitcoin to Numus but I am going to prove to you that this is a scam!

1.I looked though the guy above Duff-Man's posts, he has been involved in various website designs. He also started a thread the same time as this thread to discuss Numus giving lots of info but claiming he was nothing to do with the project but thought it was interesting. He was aggressive when Numus was criticized or compared to NXT.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=547545.0

2. Its seems he is a website designer who has worked on various projects that are legit like digital coins but he also has worked on a project with ShimalH who is also on this thread cheering Nummus along and acting like he knows nothing. I encourage people to look through Duff-Mans posts and realize he uses almost the same style and logos on his work. I could give loads of links but here's just one example.

a. look for round logo below 'quick':     http://numus.org/#about

b. Look for same on logo on his work here:    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369985.msg3952297#msg3952297

So above coinmarket project seemed if you look at the thread after trying to get investors dropped off the map Dec 2013.

3. So I conclude Duff-Man working with ShimalH (real or imaginary) has created nothing more than a well made website. The Whitepaper has no real tech knowledge and is just a bunch of promises and nice graphics. So I'm afraid this really is a scam, a quite elaborate one but a scam all the same. Even if the coin actually exists the owner is clearly a lying and deceptive guy with a history of well presented fake IPO's and is nothing more than a good website designer who probably is now wishing he has used some more variety in his logos and style, hehehe

I take Bitcoins for anyone who was going to invest and I have saved them some money and me being so awesome and all.

1CYMSVYXZP3c1RS2vC5RqjZR6GY1wcH4VU

Yours Sincerely Sherlock Holmes.

Numus (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:31:30 PM

I'm sorry to break this to everyone that has already sent bitcoin to Numus but I am going to prove to you that this is a scam!

1.I looked though the guy above Duff-Man's posts, he has been involved in various website designs. He also started a thread the same time as this thread to discuss Numus giving lots of info but claiming he was nothing to do with the project but thought it was interesting. He was aggressive when Numus was criticized or compared to NXT.

2. Its seems he is a website designer who has worked on various projects that are legit like digital coins but he also has worked on a project with ShimalH who is also on this thread cheering Nummus along and acting like he knows nothing. I encourage people to look through Duff-Mans posts and realize he uses almost the same style and logos on his work. I could give loads of links but here's just one example.

a. look for round logo below 'quick':     http://numus.org/#about

b. Look for same on logo on his work here:    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369985.msg3952297#msg3952297

So above coinmarket project seemed if you look at the thread after trying to get investors dropped off the map Dec 2013.

3. So I conclude Duff-Man working with ShimalH (real or imaginary) has created nothing more than a well made website. The Whitepaper has no real tech knowledge and is just a bunch of promises and nice graphics. So I'm afraid this really is a scam, a quite elaborate one but a scam all the same. Even if the coin actually exists the owner is clearly a lying and deceptive guy with a history of well presented fake IPO's and is nothing more than a good website designer who probably is now wishing he has used some more variety in his logos and style, hehehe

I take Bitcoins for anyone who was going to invest and I have saved them some money and me being so awesome and all.

I am not sure whether you are referring to Numus as a scam. If you are referring that Numus is a scam, well then we'd like to clear some things up for you with reference to your post.

1) Our website makes use of a Bootstrap 3 based design framework called Flat UI Pro made by Designmodo : http://designmodo.com/flat/
You may notice this from other websites such as Peercoin's website : http://peercoin.net/ which also makes use of this design framework for their site. Many sites make use of this design framework which is why you may notice a similarity in style between say Numus' website and Peercoin's website.

2) We have made use of a popular voice-over artist named Brad Ziffer for the voice over in our video.  He has done many recordings for other introductory videos and commercials and specializes in live script reading. This means he is able to sync his voice with checkpoints on video better than most voice-over artists, which in turn means he can read lines from the script provided to him at key points in a video all while maintaining a flowing rhythm to the voice-over. This is why you may have heard his voice elsewhere on other introductory videos. (We originally wanted to use Chris Rice (www.ricevoice.com) from the WeUseCoins.com Bitcoin introductory video but he was booked)

Our whitepaper does provide some technical insight into Numus' features. We haven't gone into great detail simply as most readers of the whitepaper will want a simplified version of the inner workings of our features. Two of our philosophies at Numus are accessibility and simplicity, we want every reader of our whitepaper to be able to understand what we are trying to explain which is why it has been written the way which we did.

It's good to see criticism though, it allows us to show you that we are indeed not a scam.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:43:48 PM

Dude, only a retard would not realize this is a scam now. You've been rumbled Duff-Man. So you got exactly the same voice over guy and used exactly the same style of a guy who is a scam artist opening threads pushing Nummus. The same guys involved are on this thread cheering things along, are you friken kidding. You insult my intelligence.

Go away now....
limingz

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:03:19 AM

I have a question on your ipo progress. You know bitcoin-qt.exe cannot set my btc address when I send money. If i have more than 1 btc address and every btc address has some btc. Before i send btc to your address. I dont know which address is my ipo address.

Numus (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:10:06 AM

I have a question on your ipo progress. You know bitcoin-qt.exe cannot set my btc address when I send money. If i have more than 1 btc address and every btc address has some btc. Before i send btc to your address. I dont know which address is my ipo address.
If you don't know which Bitcoin Address you're sending from then you'll have to provide us with your transaction ID in this thread. Once we've verified the transaction then we shall PM you, your Investor ID and Key.
limingz

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:49:39 AM

If you don't know which Bitcoin Address you're sending from then you'll have to provide us with your transaction ID in this thread. Once we've verified the transaction then we shall PM you, your Investor ID and Key.
I think you should improve your ipo progress on your website if you can do.

At the same time.  Your Ipo progess design is not very safe. The investor and your team know the ID and Key. If ID and key is stolen. We cannot distinguish whose responsibility it is.Do you think so?

Numus (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:18:03 AM

I think you should improve your ipo progress on your website if you can do.

At the same time.  Your Ipo progess design is not very safe. The investor and your team know the ID and Key. If ID and key is stolen. We cannot distinguish whose responsibility it is. Do you think so?
The purpose of our web-based IPO process was to allow automatic investments for the IPO. The Investor ID and Keys are stored securely on a remote server and our server matches the Investor Key to the transaction ID in the investment process. The match between the Key and the ID is itself stored on a separate server.  There is a small chance of the server being hacked, which is present with all web applications.

In the event where the Investor ID and correlating Keys are compromised we have several fallback options.

1) If the Investor ID and Keys are compromised we will fall back to the match between the Investor Key and the transaction ID of the investment to verify the investor.

2) If both the Investor ID, Keys and transaction ID of the investment are compromised we will manually audit the verification and use data from our server logs or other various factors, such as :
       - IP Addresses
       - Time of Investment
       - Bitcointalk Account (if invested through the thread)
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:09:34 AM

a. look for round logo below 'quick':     http://numus.org/#about

b. Look for same on logo on his work here:    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369985.msg3952297#msg3952297

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:47:04 PM

Just sent 0.5 BTC for the IPCO. Tx id: 4efa7182e2051c62b494c2cbed158144bcf73cf1abdd2bb465f07863f40ebb23

I just wanted to say that I invested because your tech has real promise. I don't mind waiting at all until May 15th,

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Numus (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:15:53 PM

Just sent 0.5 BTC for the IPCO. Tx id: 4efa7182e2051c62b494c2cbed158144bcf73cf1abdd2bb465f07863f40ebb23

I just wanted to say that I invested because your tech has real promise. I don't mind waiting at all until May 15th,

Your transaction has been received, we have PM'd you, your Investor Details.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: