Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 08:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Buy Buy or Sell Sell Sell?  (Read 7655 times)
promise444c5

Activity: 350
Merit: 209

Keep Promises !

View Profile
July 03, 2024, 12:05:21 PM

Both are possible, it is just that since we have no way to control the events that happen around us, being too aggressive in our investment strategy can be very detrimental, if we find ourselves facing a difficult set of circumstances.

So the safest path is to build your emergency fund and only then begin to invest in bitcoin, however such an approach has an opportunity cost and you may miss buying bitcoin at an attractive price, so I can understand why you may prefer to take a hybrid approach.
I prefer to buy Bitcoin at an attractive price, namely when the price has fallen or is still in a fairly low area historically for several months. However, the investment approach as you say is also very good because everyone is required to have an emergency fund even though the fund is not used often every day. But I actually prefer to buy Bitcoin first, even in a smaller amount, rather than preparing a larger emergency fund because I like holding Bitcoin even if the amount is not that much. Because preparing an emergency fund also takes time and it could make us miss the best price on Bitcoin so that we don't have time to buy at a more attractive price.

Your strategy for buying Bitcoin are more like a some worth trading strategy, it is mostly traders that prioritized buying Bitcoin when it is relatively low or fallen (drop), in as much as buying when the price is relatively low or has fallen can be good as it gives the opportunity of buying more Bitcoin with the same amount of money used to buy lesser Bitcoin from its previous high, buying at any price point doesn't really make much of the difference if the plan is to hold for a long term, am actually wondering what could possibly be your definition of best price on Bitcoin and buying at a more attractive price? Timing the market condition can become very problematic for an investor who is still new in the market that is meant to be sizing every opportunities that shows it's self in the market in order  to accumulate as much as possible up to reasonable amount of Bitcoin, with DCA strategy you are always there in the market on time without any form of timing the market condition buy making purchase of Bitcoin irrespective of the price point either weekly or monthly with as little as comfortably you can. Outside making reference to building emergency funds towards achieving our investment goal and objectives, generally emergency funds is very important in life since everyone is prone to encounter unforseen circumstances making provision for it is also very essential.

No, I disagree on what you are trying to say here that buying the deep, when the price is relatively low are meant for traders, no I disagree, to me, buying the deep is just one of the strategy of accumulating Bitcoin and getting a very large numbers of it at a very cheap price if you have the financial leverage to do so, that doesn't change the fact that the DCA accumulating strategy is the best, because you buy and accumulate Bitcoin base on how much you can afford either weekly or monthly, but you saying that if an investor decide to  invest by buying only the deep looks like trading, no bro, that is what I majorly disagree on.

Lastly, the point you raised can only be valid if the person is not a long term holder or someone that sell at any slight increase in the value of Bitcoin, if not that, then I disagree on you point.
I don't  know if it's auto correction working  there but you might want to change  deep to Dip...
Firstly, @Tmoonz buying the DIP is for both holders and traders but falls more to the side of holders, both are investors actually  but traders will always sell execution order for a dip and buy low for a Dip I don't know if you get me clearly
However, Holders will buy dips at different entries even at the low of a Dip it doesn't necessarily need to be very large (fine if there's is a capability for it , no problem) but getting it at a lower price is what really matters..
Thus, buying the DIP is not limited to only traders infact it favours holders more than traders

:-the topic is not about traders  let's not go Off

Tmoonz

Activity: 224
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 03, 2024, 01:17:31 PM

Both are possible, it is just that since we have no way to control the events that happen around us, being too aggressive in our investment strategy can be very detrimental, if we find ourselves facing a difficult set of circumstances.

So the safest path is to build your emergency fund and only then begin to invest in bitcoin, however such an approach has an opportunity cost and you may miss buying bitcoin at an attractive price, so I can understand why you may prefer to take a hybrid approach.
I prefer to buy Bitcoin at an attractive price, namely when the price has fallen or is still in a fairly low area historically for several months. However, the investment approach as you say is also very good because everyone is required to have an emergency fund even though the fund is not used often every day. But I actually prefer to buy Bitcoin first, even in a smaller amount, rather than preparing a larger emergency fund because I like holding Bitcoin even if the amount is not that much. Because preparing an emergency fund also takes time and it could make us miss the best price on Bitcoin so that we don't have time to buy at a more attractive price.

Your strategy for buying Bitcoin are more like a some worth trading strategy, it is mostly traders that prioritized buying Bitcoin when it is relatively low or fallen (drop), in as much as buying when the price is relatively low or has fallen can be good as it gives the opportunity of buying more Bitcoin with the same amount of money used to buy lesser Bitcoin from its previous high, buying at any price point doesn't really make much of the difference if the plan is to hold for a long term, am actually wondering what could possibly be your definition of best price on Bitcoin and buying at a more attractive price? Timing the market condition can become very problematic for an investor who is still new in the market that is meant to be sizing every opportunities that shows it's self in the market in order  to accumulate as much as possible up to reasonable amount of Bitcoin, with DCA strategy you are always there in the market on time without any form of timing the market condition buy making purchase of Bitcoin irrespective of the price point either weekly or monthly with as little as comfortably you can. Outside making reference to building emergency funds towards achieving our investment goal and objectives, generally emergency funds is very important in life since everyone is prone to encounter unforseen circumstances making provision for it is also very essential.

No, I disagree on what you are trying to say here that buying the deep, when the price is relatively low are meant for traders, no I disagree, to me, buying the deep is just one of the strategy of accumulating Bitcoin and getting a very large numbers of it at a very cheap price if you have the financial leverage to do so, that doesn't change the fact that the DCA accumulating strategy is the best, because you buy and accumulate Bitcoin base on how much you can afford either weekly or monthly, but you saying that if an investor decide to  invest by buying only the deep looks like trading, no bro, that is what I majorly disagree on.

Lastly, the point you raised can only be valid if the person is not a long term holder or someone that sell at any slight increase in the value of Bitcoin, if not that, then I disagree on you point.
I don't  know if it's auto correction working  there but you might want to change  deep to Dip...
Firstly, @Tmoonz buying the DIP is for both holders and traders but falls more to the side of holders, both are investors actually  but traders will always sell execution order for a dip and buy low for a Dip I don't know if you get me clearly
However, Holders will buy dips at different entries even at the low of a Dip it doesn't necessarily need to be very large (fine if there's is a capability for it , no problem) but getting it at a lower price is what really matters..
Thus, buying the DIP is not limited to only traders infact it favours holders more than traders

:-the topic is not about traders  let's not go Off

I quite understood you, the point I was only making was that those that prioritized buying Bitcoin when the price are relatively low or probably when there is a drop are mostly associated with those that intend to buy at low and sell high, however another set of investors that buy Bitcoin in that regard are also those who have attained their maintenance level of accumulating Bitcoin where they don't need to be buying Bitcoin regularly but might decide to only be buying Bitcoin when there is a drop, but a low coiner will maximize every opportunities whether when Bitcoin price is at the peak or when there is a drop, because they buy Bitcoin irrespective of the price point in order not to miss any buying opportunities and increase the quantity of Bitcoin they have. an ideal long investor can as well becomes consistence in dca and also make provision to buy when in dip without timing before entering the market if proper plans has already been made.

sarmrakib

Activity: 1311
Merit: 101

Crypto lover

View Profile
July 03, 2024, 01:54:49 PM

If we plan to hold our investment for a long time after buying bitcoins then we can buy bitcoins at any market time. Investors in this method usually have the opportunity to invest in several steps in the price of Bitcoin, thereby creating a good compromise between prices that compromises greatly reduce the investor's financial risk. Emergency fund is a very important factor in investing especially in long term investment. If you have an emergency fund, you can invest consistently, but those who do not have an emergency fund do not regret it because they can invest consistently from a portion of their income if they want to invest.
If we have enough patient its always good to invest on btc for long term. I think it will be a good decision to choose btc as a future plan but we have need enough Knowledge where we need to take entry and exit. If we couldn’t exit in our profit we will be always on loss or less profit for long term. I think we need to invest on proportionally on it as you said not to take all investment on high price then it will take more times to fill our dream. So need to be more wise before investment on btc for long term.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 10530

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 03, 2024, 03:23:21 PM

Well for me I think one's salary and how much he or she invest on Bitcoin weekly or monthly using the DCA strategy plays a very important role when it comes to reaching a rate to be sustainable because if for example I'm investing on $10 or $20 weekly or monthly on Bitcoin and another is investing $100 to $200 weekly or monthly it will have different time for reaching a rate to be sustainable. ( My point of view).
Sure.  The more you invest, then the faster you will be able to reach your levels, and so if a person is investing 10% of his income, then it is going to take 10 years to reach 1 years worth of income invested, yet if that same person is investing 25%, it is only going to take 4 years to reach 1 years worth of income invested, and surely you are making a good point that if a person retains reasonably low expenses, then he might be able to invest his whole level of his expenses in one year, which would likely end up causing the need for a lower amount of time to reach 10 years worth of income (expenses) being invested into bitcoin... so yeah, if the guy considers his level of expenses to be sustainable and even maybe to modestly go up and he can account for how his expenses will go up, then surely, he would be able to get to a point that he can start to withdraw bitcoin to cover his expenses and also to account for his stash maintaining its value sufficiently that his withdrawal rate is sustainable forever into the future.
Yeah and I believe one with good and strong emergency, reserves and float funds and also a good pay as salary can be aggressive in his or her Bitcoin accumulation in other have more Bitcoin in a short number of years.
And to be honest I'm planning on becoming aggressive in my accumulation I feel I need to do that so I can get more Bitcoin However I need to have a good back up funds before starting.
You can build up your bitcoin and your various backup funds at the same time, so you likely need to temper your aggressiveness until you feel that your various back up funds are solid.. whether you are referring to emergency fund, reserve funds and/or float... and yeah, in the end, you can figure out your own level of aggressiveness according to your own situation, but if you end up fucking up and being overly aggressive and in need of the funds because you were investing too much into bitcoin, no one is going to save you from yourself.. .. so you are ultimately responsible for your own calculations and outcomes.
Wow you are right I never thought of these in this way, well that's what am going to do i will remove a percentage from my salary and invest in my emergency, reserve and float funds same way I'm investing on my Bitcoin, I already have an emergency, reserve and float funds but they are not strong and that is what has been stopping me from being a little aggressive in my investment but with this your idea I will have a strong emergency, reserves and float funds.
After making it strong the way I want it then I can be aggressive without any fear, without a strong back up funds you can be fucked when being aggressive on your investment.
Emergency or reserve funds should be planned along side bitcoin investment, the reason why most investors complain about having a weak emergency funds is because they started saving their emergency funds late but it’s always good to realize the slightest mistake and fix everything right as there’s no limit set to accomplish the right goal when dealing with bitcoin investment. Well, I don’t know but personally I can’t measure the level of my aggressiveness with my backup funds as my backup funds has not gotten to my satisfied desire, I believe if any investor should rely on their backup funds when they’ve not saved something meaningful it will definitely affect the investment, knowing your capacity in terms of accumulating aggressively can help an investor to hold during the long run.

Surely it could take 6-12 months or longer to build up a fairly solid emergency fund, depending on how much discretionary income that you have relative to your expense - and so I see no reason to be waiting prior to investing into bitcoin, even if your finances are not in the greatest of orders.  Sure, if you have a lot of messy aspects of your finances, you are likely going to be needing to put them in order, but there should be no reason to wait prior to investing into bitcoin, even if you have to make your investment into bitcoin quite small relatively to where you might be able to more aggressively invest at later dates when your finances are in better order.. so in that sense, you might still consider that you are being as aggressive that you can, in consideration of various aspects of your finances.

On the other hand, if you determine that your finances are so bad that you have absolutely no discretionary income, then you may well not be in a position to invest prior to your being able to determine that you actually have a discretionary income.

Well for me I think one's salary and how much he or she invest on Bitcoin weekly or monthly using the DCA strategy plays a very important role when it comes to reaching a rate to be sustainable because if for example I'm investing on $10 or $20 weekly or monthly on Bitcoin and another is investing $100 to $200 weekly or monthly it will have different time for reaching a rate to be sustainable. ( My point of view).
Sure.  The more you invest, then the faster you will be able to reach your levels, and so if a person is investing 10% of his income, then it is going to take 10 years to reach 1 years worth of income invested, yet if that same person is investing 25%, it is only going to take 4 years to reach 1 years worth of income invested, and surely you are making a good point that if a person retains reasonably low expenses, then he might be able to invest his whole level of his expenses in one year, which would likely end up causing the need for a lower amount of time to reach 10 years worth of income (expenses) being invested into bitcoin... so yeah, if the guy considers his level of expenses to be sustainable and even maybe to modestly go up and he can account for how his expenses will go up, then surely, he would be able to get to a point that he can start to withdraw bitcoin to cover his expenses and also to account for his stash maintaining its value sufficiently that his withdrawal rate is sustainable forever into the future.
Yeah and I believe one with good and strong emergency, reserves and float funds and also a good pay as salary can be aggressive in his or her Bitcoin accumulation in other have more Bitcoin in a short number of years.
And to be honest I'm planning on becoming aggressive in my accumulation I feel I need to do that so I can get more Bitcoin However I need to have a good back up funds before starting.
You can build up your bitcoin and your various backup funds at the same time, so you likely need to temper your aggressiveness until you feel that your various back up funds are solid.. whether you are referring to emergency fund, reserve funds and/or float... and yeah, in the end, you can figure out your own level of aggressiveness according to your own situation, but if you end up fucking up and being overly aggressive and in need of the funds because you were investing too much into bitcoin, no one is going to save you from yourself.. .. so you are ultimately responsible for your own calculations and outcomes.
Wow you are right I never thought of these in this way, well that's what am going to do i will remove a percentage from my salary and invest in my emergency, reserve and float funds same way I'm investing on my Bitcoin, I already have an emergency, reserve and float funds but they are not strong and that is what has been stopping me from being a little aggressive in my investment but with this your idea I will have a strong emergency, reserves and float funds.
After making it strong the way I want it then I can be aggressive without any fear, without a strong back up funds you can be fucked when being aggressive on your investment.
The above bolded phrase has just laid to rest a question I've pondered on for weeks as a result of an argument I had with a friend on this particular subject about 2 weeks ago.
He argued that it'll be a very wrong approach to split your attention into growing both your backup funds and your bitcoin portfolio,
I tried to make him see the possibility in building and developing one's backup funds while also building up one's portfolio but he was insistent that one must first build up their backup funds to its expected and required standard because beginning one's Bitcoin accumulation journey, even when/while I tried to make him see reasons with me, he refused so I gave up the argument.

Of course you have to pay attention to your own details, including your risk tolerance - yet in many circumstances if you wait to build up your emergency fund and back up funds first it could take you many months or even a year or more to get to a point that you are starting to feel that you have good back up funds..

Let's presume a very large number of people who do not invest live paycheck to paycheck, so maybe they ONLY have around 2-4 weeks worth of cashfloat that might be considered a kind of emergency fund, yet if you have no investment that you are trying to protect (such as bitcoin) then there is less to lose if you run our of your back up money, float, so part of the reason for having any extra buttress from regular people who do not tend to invest is because there is a desire to protect your bitcoin investment, and since bitcoin might be more volatile than other kinds of investments, there is more reason to protect that you do not sell any of it that is not completely at a time of your own choosing.... so yeah, part of the question may well become the extent to which you are protecting an investment (such as bitcoin), and if you are ONLY able to invest $10 to $100 into bitcoin per week, then your bitcoin investment is surely going to take a long time to grow to any significant size, and maybe it would take you 6 months or more to build your emergency fund if you were not investing into bitcoin, but perhaps if you build  your bitcoin and your back up funds simultaneously, it might take you 12-18 months or more to get them into a state of good order...

Each of us needs to decide - yet from my own point of view, I believe that it is way too overly conservative to be building your back up funds prior to getting started in bitcoin.

The above bolded phrase has just laid to rest a question I've pondered on for weeks as a result of an argument I had with a friend on this particular subject about 2 weeks ago.
He argued that it'll be a very wrong approach to split your attention into growing both your backup funds and your bitcoin portfolio,
I tried to make him see the possibility in building and developing one's backup funds while also building up one's portfolio but he was insistent that one must first build up their backup funds to its expected and required standard because beginning one's Bitcoin accumulation journey, even when/while I tried to make him see reasons with me, he refused so I gave up the argument.

Everything that you say is technically correct wxa7115, yet even though not technically wrong, it seems kind of strange to me to describe your getting started in bitcoin as if you were looking for an attractive price, and I think for me, part of the point of getting started sooner rather than later is not so much about BTC price, but more so about the idea of time, since there is an expression that I believe to be true which is that: time in the market is better than timing the market.  And really it takes a really long time to build up an investment and so getting in and getting started and committing to acting on a very regular basis remains important for beginner investors into bitcoin.. and yeah, they have to study as they go.. but still getting started is important for both the learning process and the process of demonstrating to commitment through action,... and sure we might look at our costs per BTC, but it could still take us a whole cycle to really start to build up a stash, and it may not even matter so much whether we are in profits or not for that first cycle of accumulating bitcoin.. including that the more that we might think about getting in at an "attractive price" then the more we consider waiting to be a strategy rather than acting as a strategy.  I am not much of a fan of waiting as a strategy.. even if you might have some theories about down before up that may or may not end up playing out.

Ideally, you should never touch your emergency fund... so you may well have an emergency fund in place for 20-30 years or more, and you never end up touching it except for building it in order to make sure it matches with your expenses that may go up from to time.   So in that regard, you might touch your reserves and your float, and whenever your reserves and your float are getting depleted to a point that you might have to tap into your emergency fund, then it probably should be the case that you are already getting anxious to replenish your reserves and your float so you never end up having to tap into your emergency funds at all, ever.  That would be ideal and a sign of strong financial management skills.

[edited out]
I quite understood you, the point I was only making was that those that prioritized buying Bitcoin when the price are relatively low or probably when there is a drop are mostly associated with those that intend to buy at low and sell high, however another set of investors that buy Bitcoin in that regard are also those who have attained their maintenance level of accumulating Bitcoin where they don't need to be buying Bitcoin regularly but might decide to only be buying Bitcoin when there is a drop, but a low coiner will maximize every opportunities whether when Bitcoin price is at the peak or when there is a drop, because they buy Bitcoin irrespective of the price point in order not to miss any buying opportunities and increase the quantity of Bitcoin they have. an ideal long investor can as well becomes consistence in dca and also make provision to buy when in dip without timing before entering the market if proper plans has already been made.

You are using the term "low coiner" quite differently than I use the term. 

I would not consider someone who is aggressively (regularly) and persistently accumulating bitcoin as a low coiner, but instead someone in their BTC accumulation stages...

I consider a low coiner as someone who is accumulating bitcoin under their capacity or maybe lackadaisical, apathetic or whimpy about their BTC accumulation, so they might even believe they have enough when they might have way less than 1% of their investment portfolio in bitcoin.. and they might not realize that their way of accumulating bitcoin had been weak or whimpy until many years later... so I would not consider anyone who is regularly accumulating bitcoin as a low coiner, even if they feel that they don't have enough since if they are ongoingly paying attention to accumulating bitcoin then surely, they may well have as many coins as they can given the circumstances even if historically they might have had been a low coiner.. someone who was less enthusiastic about  his bitcoin accumulation.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Tungbulu

Activity: 112
Merit: 101

RATING:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
July 03, 2024, 07:33:47 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️

Of course you have to pay attention to your own details, including your risk tolerance - yet in many circumstances if you wait to build up your emergency fund and back up funds first it could take you many months or even a year or more to get to a point that you are starting to feel that you have good back up funds..

Let's presume a very large number of people who do not invest live paycheck to paycheck, so maybe they ONLY have around 2-4 weeks worth of cashfloat that might be considered a kind of emergency fund, yet if you have no investment that you are trying to protect (such as bitcoin) then there is less to lose if you run our of your back up money, float, so part of the reason for having any extra buttress from regular people who do not tend to invest is because there is a desire to protect your bitcoin investment, and since bitcoin might be more volatile than other kinds of investments, there is more reason to protect that you do not sell any of it that is not completely at a time of your own choosing.... so yeah, part of the question may well become the extent to which you are protecting an investment (such as bitcoin), and if you are ONLY able to invest $10 to $100 into bitcoin per week, then your bitcoin investment is surely going to take a long time to grow to any significant size, and maybe it would take you 6 months or more to build your emergency fund if you were not investing into bitcoin, but perhaps if you build  your bitcoin and your back up funds simultaneously, it might take you 12-18 months or more to get them into a state of good order...

Each of us needs to decide - yet from my own point of view, I believe that it is way too overly conservative to be building your back up funds prior to getting started in bitcoin.
You couldn't be more correct.
A lot of people who are living paycheck to paycheck may not have enough emergency funds, so it'll be really difficult and challenging for such a person to invest in Bitcoin as it'll be hard to balance the situation.
It is very important to protect one's investment, especially investments as volatile as Bitcoin, in order to avoid unnecessary losses. So it'll be a very smart move to build your emergency fund, while simultaneously investing in Bitcoin, although it may slow down one's accumulation speed and may take a bit longer to achieve/reach one's financial stability or goals, but it's all good as long as one's backup funds are being gradually built and solidified, because the backup funds are just as important ans crucial as the investment itself. Moreover, it's more preferable engage in a slow but steady accumulation with a solid financial backup, than being aggressive with one's accumulation with no solid financial backup.

You also make a fine point when you talked about the time it takes to build a significant Bitcoin investment. Even when the accumulation process is slower and less aggressive with smaller amounts, as long as it's consistent, it can still add up overtime, but though it may take several months or even years to come up with a reasonable amount.
But regardless, the potential benefits of investing in Bitcoin for the long-term, coupled with the security offered by a solid financial backup can indeed be a very huge advantage to one's finance.

████       ⚜️TUNGBULU⚜️      ████        🌀   |     🌍    |    PROMOTING AFRICA   |   🌍    |   🌀        ████     ⚜️TUNGBULU⚜️     ████
Reincarnated Sat

Activity: 28
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2024, 09:44:44 PM

Let's presume a very large number of people who do not invest live paycheck to paycheck, so maybe they ONLY have around 2-4 weeks worth of cashfloat that might be considered a kind of emergency fund, yet if you have no investment that you are trying to protect (such as bitcoin) then there is less to lose if you run our of your back up money, float, so part of the reason for having any extra buttress from regular people who do not tend to invest is because there is a desire to protect your bitcoin investment, and since bitcoin might be more volatile than other kinds of investments, there is more reason to protect that you do not sell any of it that is not completely at a time of your own choosing.... so yeah, part of the question may well become the extent to which you are protecting an investment (such as bitcoin), and if you are ONLY able to invest $10 to $100 into bitcoin per week, then your bitcoin investment is surely going to take a long time to grow to any significant size, and maybe it would take you 6 months or more to build your emergency fund if you were not investing into bitcoin, but perhaps if you build  your bitcoin and your back up funds simultaneously, it might take you 12-18 months or more to get them into a state of good order...

When I started my Bitcoin accumulation journey I had a little savings which I converted to my back up funds, however it was not much or enough but when you talked about building one's emergency funds or back up funds along side his or her Bitcoin investment I started reflecting on it and I decided to try it just some days ago and is going well.
There's one thing I have discovered when it comes to bitcoin investment if you want to be successful you need to have a strong emergency, reserves and float funds which are your back up funds and if you have already started your Bitcoin investment if possible to still building up your back up funds a long side your Bitcoin investment all one needs to do is cut down his Bitcoin accumulation percentage in other to also accumulate his back up funds and that's what I just did when am done accumulating my back up funds then I can be a little aggressive in my Bitcoin accumulation.

Without a strong back up funds one will always find him self dipping his or her hand to his Bitcoin investment and that is why the main reason of building a strong back up funds is to protect one's Bitcoin investment, a lot of people feels it won't be possible building one's Bitcoin investment and back up funds together is very much possible just plan yourself very well and you can do it, so no need waiting for your to build your back up funds before starting your Bitcoin investment since you can do it together successful by giving a percentage that will be okay for you to each weekly or monthly.
Nheer

Activity: 532
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2024, 10:09:06 PM

Every investor is trying to utilize any slight opportunity they have to bitcoin at a low profit but comparing both emergency fund and bitcoin investment i think both actually have an important role to play and placing them on a scale of preference to determine the most important will be an individual decision since we all have different responsibilities. As you said we don’t have control over natural occurrences so emergency funds are as important as ones investment to prevent one from frequently taking part of your investment to solve unexpected problems.

I agree with your point, it’s safer to build your emergency fund before investing sso you don’t always refer to your investment to solve problems.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Out of mind

Activity: 518
Merit: 266

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 04:47:56 AM

If we plan to hold our investment for a long time after buying bitcoins then we can buy bitcoins at any market time. Investors in this method usually have the opportunity to invest in several steps in the price of Bitcoin, thereby creating a good compromise between prices that compromises greatly reduce the investor's financial risk. Emergency fund is a very important factor in investing especially in long term investment. If you have an emergency fund, you can invest consistently, but those who do not have an emergency fund do not regret it because they can invest consistently from a portion of their income if they want to invest.

Investing in Bitcoin for a long time means buying Bitcoin from any position at any price. Most of the investors always invest and keep it in long term plan so that he can get more profit in future. But you must structure the investment method in such a way that you will not face losses if you invest from the stage. When Bitcoin you invest you must buy it from deep then your financial risk will be much less these things are very important that you must adopt DCA before investing. But it is definitely right that to invest you must have financial solvency if you don't have money then don't go for investment, invest if you have enough money. If you have money, then you can invest in bitcoins for a long time if you consistently have a good earning potential. And long-term planning always succeeds, so anyone investing in Bitcoin is better off investing for the long-term rather than short-term and holding it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
uswa56

Activity: 882
Merit: 211

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 06:00:21 AM

If we have enough patient its always good to invest on btc for long term. I think it will be a good decision to choose btc as a future plan but we have need enough Knowledge where we need to take entry and exit. If we couldn’t exit in our profit we will be always on loss or less profit for long term. I think we need to invest on proportionally on it as you said not to take all investment on high price then it will take more times to fill our dream. So need to be more wise before investment on btc for long term.
Maintaining Bitcoin in the long term is certainly not something that can be done easily if we don't have a plan in carrying out the investment, but it requires patience, sufficient knowledge and we also have to be able to use funds that we can maintain for a long period of time, when looking at market conditions. is experiencing an increase. I agree with you. If we really want to enjoy the profits we have, we can take it in small amounts and keep Bitcoin in the long term to achieve the targets we have made before deciding to invest.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
Reincarnated Sat

Activity: 28
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 08:56:55 AM

Maintaining Bitcoin in the long term is certainly not something that can be done easily if we don't have a plan in carrying out the investment, but it requires patience, sufficient knowledge and we also have to be able to use funds that we can maintain for a long period of time, when looking at market conditions. is experiencing an increase. I agree with you. If we really want to enjoy the profits we have, we can take it in small amounts and keep Bitcoin in the long term to achieve the targets we have made before deciding to invest.
Yeah you are correct but patience only cannot make you hodl Bitcoin for a long term one needs an emergency, reserve and float funds also know as back up funds in other to secure your Bitcoin investment, one may have patience but when he or she has an emergency or problem which needs to be sorted out but has no money with him, will lead to dipping hands into his or her Bitcoin.
So I think with one's patience and back up funds he or she can hold Bitcoin for a long term, and if one has already  started his or her Bitcoin accumulation journey with having a backup funds is still possible to grow it along side with your Bitcoin all you need to do is to give a certain percentage to both and it should be a percentage that will be ok for you weekly or monthly.
Tmoonz

Activity: 224
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 09:02:04 AM
Merited by Chiomaobi (3)

I could suggest that attempting to maintain certain amount of money for Bitcoin investment can be very problematic considering the fact that our investment money should be coming from our disposable income after taken care of whatever you might have considered to be a basic needs and emergency funds inclusive. However, don't be in a hurry to know that individual expenses varies in different weeks and months hence having a certain amount of money for investment can make you to use the money that is meant to be use for your other living expenses for your investment which I don't think is proper, but rather I will suggest that your investment amount can increase or decrease based on how much of your disposable income after taken care of your basic needs.

Taskford

Activity: 2604
Merit: 807

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 09:42:02 AM

Maybe cannot be done easily if you are doubting and doesn't have any strong plan on how to execute all necessary things needed and also didn't prepare a fund to use for this matter. But if everything is planned well and you are ready because you gain a lot of knowledge from discussion also research then you have good income flow then everything is good to start in that situation. For sure that a person who's prepared will always succeed and the thing they could do is to do continues accumulation base to their plans then execute well the DCA strategy that they learn from joining discussion to other people.

Yeah there's nothing wrong if we want to  enjoy some percentage of our profits since we can sell a little portion of that. People should not feel guilty for doing that especially if they really need it since we could also think that is the prize of all the action we do since what's important that there's still a balance rolling and we could able to continue our investment for long term since there's still huge percentage left intended for long term purposes.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bravut

Activity: 168
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 10:54:43 AM

Every investor is trying to utilize any slight opportunity they have to bitcoin at a low profit but comparing both emergency fund and bitcoin investment i think both actually have an important role to play and placing them on a scale of preference to determine the most important will be an individual decision since we all have different responsibilities. As you said we don’t have control over natural occurrences so emergency funds are as important as ones investment to prevent one from frequently taking part of your investment to solve unexpected problems.

I agree with your point, it’s safer to build your emergency fund before investing sso you don’t always refer to your investment to solve problems.

Well said, I believe there is no necessity why one will want to build an emergency funds firstly when he can invest with any little capital, and also build emergency funds along aside his Bitcoin investment. As you earlier said, we have no control over natural occurrences, same way we can't comprehend how far our emergency funds will go while investing or any unforeseen events happen.

There one thing we should understand, Emergency funds aren't fixed funds, rather are suppose to be liquid ( by that I mean continually growing it), not a fixed amount you think, in essence it is pointless and a waste of time to not invest when you can,  you simply control your risk, leverage on your sources of income and build your reserves overtime.
G_Besar

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 11:05:00 AM

Right now market conditions are not improving, especially for Bitcoin itself, but that doesn't mean that price correction conditions like today that are happening in Bitcoin can't be taken advantage of. Because in conditions like this, everyone must be able to be patient and must also be able to buy more if they have spare money that can be used to take advantage of this. I thought about this when I saw several investors who made a profit after they bought Bitcoin at a low price or when the Bitcoin price was experiencing a decline like now.
laijsica

Activity: 154
Merit: 127

Catalog Websites

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2024, 12:23:22 PM

Right now market conditions are not improving, especially for Bitcoin itself, but that doesn't mean that price correction conditions like today that are happening in Bitcoin can't be taken advantage of. Because in conditions like this, everyone must be able to be patient and must also be able to buy more if they have spare money that can be used to take advantage of this. I thought about this when I saw several investors who made a profit after they bought Bitcoin at a low price or when the Bitcoin price was experiencing a decline like now.
You said well. In the current market the price of Bitcoin may go down further dips so investors should buy more if they have the ability. One benefit you can take from this market is the opportunity to buy on dips which can give you higher future profits by holding for longer periods. In the bullish price trend of Bitcoin, many people look for bearish and this is the bearish season and you can evaluate it correctly. Its price correction cannot last long as I have observed in the past. So now is the right time for every Bitcoin investor to buy on dips.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
Agbamoni

Activity: 392
Merit: 308

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2024, 02:07:48 PM

There are several steps that every investor should use as a basis to know how to maintain their investment in the long run. If neglected our investment can be prone to dangers and high risk. First, we ought to determine the investment horizon because this will help us make other steps correctly. After that, we ought to consider an investment approach. It could be DCA, Lump sum or buying on dips the choice is left to the investor to make. Followed by ensuring the security of funds (a well-secured wallet not exchange), always be informed, and exercise patience. If an investment follows this procedure as i have listed them like this. I don't think their investment target will not be reached.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Marvelockg

Activity: 238
Merit: 156

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 02:15:42 PM

Maintaining Bitcoin in the long term is certainly not something that can be done easily if we don't have a plan in carrying out the investment, but it requires patience, sufficient knowledge and we also have to be able to use funds that we can maintain for a long period, when looking at market conditions. is experiencing an increase. I agree with you. If we really want to enjoy the profits we have, we can take it in small amounts and keep Bitcoin in the long term to achieve the targets we have made before deciding to invest.
In a normal circumstance, an ideal investor who's hoping to continue buying Bitcoin for the long term is supposed to see every DIP as his advantage and not a time to be discouraged. Every correction has always been an opportunity to buy more Bitcoin at a cheaper rate and what we have here isn't a serious correction for most newbies and some others that haven't stayed long enough to a period of two years or so and that in itself means that what's actually happening now shouldn't be a course of alarm for them.

For those that are still at the entry phase of building their Bitcoin portfolio and have plans of HODling for at least four years which might be around the next circle in 2028, it practically means that bulls shouldn't be your best friend Although it sort of sends a strong relief to know that Bitcoin is more bullish than it was at the time you started investing. When you've experienced some correction, it's just best to keep buying and forget about a single thought of selling since you're far from reaching your accumulation goal. Chances are that the range of value we've seen recently from $60k to $70k that has taken this long to keep revolving around this price might just be the last time we will ever be this low and towards the end of the year or so, we might see a bull that will bring us to another region of fluctuation above $100k to $120k making it less reasonable while considering that you were being skeptical about buying at $60k to 73k because you felt it hasn't dipped enough.

Jewan420

Activity: 140
Merit: 67

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2024, 03:53:50 PM

Some people are worried about the decline in the value of Bitcoin. They panic and exhaust his savings. But this price drop is a joy for many, especially those who like to buy dip. Declining prices can also be pleasing to investors in the DCA approach. Because they use this time to buy more bitcoins at low prices. Which will help them to be more profitable. Be glad they think that, today the price of bitcoin may be falling but its value in the future will not let us down. Experts know how Bitcoin recovers its value. So, don't panic about Bitcoin's price drop. Use this time as a great investment opportunity.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 10530

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 04:46:15 PM

✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️

You couldn't be more correct.
A lot of people who are living paycheck to paycheck may not have enough emergency funds, so it'll be really difficult and challenging for such a person to invest in Bitcoin as it'll be hard to balance the situation.

Even if it is hard, and yeah it is hard for anyone to get into a mindset of investing or deferring their spending of their discretionary income by choosing to invest instead of using it right away for some kind of purchase.

Accordingly, if there is any discretionary income and a decision to invest in bitcoin, I am suggesting to build the emergency funds and the bitcoin investment at the same time, and yeah, if you are the person who only has 2-4 weeks worth of back up funds at the time that you invest into bitcoin, then maybe you can figure out some kind of a formula to build both of those, and so for example, first get the bitcoin investment amount up to 2 weeks of your expenses, and then try to simultaneously build both.. and don't let your emergency fund drop absent an actual emergency (such as loss of cashflow or illness or something like that), and if you do have to use any of it to build it back up to get it back up at least to the size of your bitcoin investment, and sure maybe by the time you build both your bitcoin investment and your emergency fund up to 3 months then you might start to be able to build your bitcoin at a pace that is faster than your emergency fund (or other funds that you might be needing to build such as your reserves and your float).  And your float might be something that kind of develops naturally as a kind of monthly cash-cushion, and I am not even saying that it will take less than 6-12 months or maybe more just to get your emergency funds up to 3 months including building your bitcoin to a similar size and thereafter hopefully your bitcoin investment continues to grow based on a variety of circumstances, including your ongoing ability to be able to keep your discretionary income up by increasing your income and decreasing your expenses or whatever you deem to be within your abilities to accomplish.

It is very important to protect one's investment, especially investments as volatile as Bitcoin, in order to avoid unnecessary losses. So it'll be a very smart move to build your emergency fund, while simultaneously investing in Bitcoin, although it may slow down one's accumulation speed and may take a bit longer to achieve/reach one's financial stability or goals, but it's all good as long as one's backup funds are being gradually built and solidified, because the backup funds are just as important ans crucial as the investment itself. Moreover, it's more preferable engage in a slow but steady accumulation with a solid financial backup, than being aggressive with one's accumulation with no solid financial backup.

Yes.. this part all makes sense... and so yeah, it may be more difficult for guys who ONLY have $10 to $100 per week of discretionary income that are able to use for these purposes, and surely the more you can make or the more you can cut back your expenses without jeopardizing your physical or mental health, then surely those can also be helpful in making progress in terms of building your bitcoin investment while at the same time buttressing your financial situation.

You also make a fine point when you talked about the time it takes to build a significant Bitcoin investment. Even when the accumulation process is slower and less aggressive with smaller amounts, as long as it's consistent, it can still add up overtime, but though it may take several months or even years to come up with a reasonable amount.
But regardless, the potential benefits of investing in Bitcoin for the long-term, coupled with the security offered by a solid financial backup can indeed be a very huge advantage to one's finance.

Well if we consider that it may take folks 30-40 years or longer to invest and/or to get to fuck you status in traditional investments, and many times they are still not even able to get their finances to anything close to fuck you status, if you are able to increase your chances of reaching fuck you status in a much shorter period of time, maybe 15-20 years or some other reasonably shorter period of time, then you have made progress in terms of getting involved in bitcoin as compared to other investment options that might be available to you, and also the fact that you might actually be able to make it to fuck you status might be a great achievement, even if it still ends up taking you 30-230 years rather than some shorter period of time that would have had been preferable if it would have had been achievable.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
I_Anime

Activity: 448
Merit: 192

View Profile
July 04, 2024, 05:23:53 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin lately bitcoin has being undergoing some dip , I just want to say is that this is a nice opportunity to start buying buying buying not selling selling selling , base on history bitcoin alway experience a dip , before the main bullish run , so selling now ain't smart at all , because you are only selling inloss , because bitcoin is going to rise more than anyone expectation it may not happen now or this year but within now to next year we should be expecting a break through from bitcoin. I might be  Exaggerating but still worth aslong is bitcoin all I can say is don't miss this life changing opportunity, I know alot of you might have been wondering why is the bullrun haven't started yet , but let me tell it has started since the 2024 , but it hasn't ended . That's why always make use of the word "main bull"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: