Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:07:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Buy Buy or Sell Sell Sell?  (Read 5174 times)
Moreno233

Activity: 364
Merit: 192

View Profile
May 27, 2024, 09:10:09 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2024, 09:22:34 PM by Moreno233

If someone buy a coin at a certain rate and after which the coin drops, that's shouldn't bother you though it depends on the coin you bought cause if it is a shit or memecoin  then it is something to be worry about because most of those coin whenever they drop they don't appreciate easily and most will never appreciate again but if it is Bitcoin you invest in there's nothing to worry about cause even if it drops it will definitely appreciate. However, when buying shit or memecoin you ought to be very careful before you dive into it cause it can be annoying at times and sometimes sweet when your analysis is being done correctly.
The discussion here is Bitcoin, so it could be nice we retain that word to avoid bringing too many variables into the discussion. Like you already deflated into memcoins and shitcoins which I think are not ideal to discuss in this section of the forum and if we persist, people might assume that anything that has coin attached to it is worth paying attention to.

Anyone who invest in Bitcoin must understand that price does not continue to rise without corrections, this is how the market is design because there will always be buying and selling and whenever there are more people selling within a time frame, they there is excess supply which will make price to drop and continue in that direction until something changes and demand surpass supply again which will in turn lead to the continuation of the upward movement. The time that market retraces is not a time to panic but a time to buy more and profit from the market when it reverses to the upside.

Many people fail to appreciate the fact that retracement is truly an opportunity for more discounted buys. For instance, assuming Bitcoin is rising the suddenly it hit a major resistance and fell from let's say $70k to $63k. Now an investor with $10k to invest in Bitoin lump sum might have two scenarios. First is if he buys at $70k, he will get $10k worth of Bitcoin as  0.143BTC but if he bought at $63k he will get 0.159BTC. Under this arrangement, the investors would have gained 0.159 - 0.143 = 0.016BTC. Now assuming Bitcoin reverses and hit $75k, he would have made dollar gain of 0.016X75,000 = $1.2k cool cash. This example is just to demonstrate the opportunities retracement in price offers and not to discourage anyone from buying but to wait for major retracement. There could still  be other methods of investing the $10k that would have yielded different and sometimes better result.

lombok

Activity: 868
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2024, 11:56:29 PM

Yeah, our endpoint is profit but only those without plan, target will get caught in this analogy of yours especially those who were present for immediate profit (gambling Bitcoin prices). Every financial market has time or seasons, let me say something have we considered why; Price sells from a particular point and why it buys from a point too, who were those involved, who bought at that higher price, who sold at that price, this are simple question we ought to clearify.

I always and will keep laying emphasis on the need for having a target and being discipline, DCAing with getting exhausted and allow the market do it thing and not being fretful because of pump or dumps in the market.
Sometimes new traders still find it difficult to carry out plans like that because usually they still use trading money from the money they use for their living needs so that when they are trapped at high prices they feel depressed and sometimes also consider cryptocurrency trading as gambling. As new traders they must get proper guidance.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 01:40:10 AM

Anyone who invest in Bitcoin must understand that price does not continue to rise without corrections, this is how the market is design because there will always be buying and selling and whenever there are more people selling within a time frame, they there is excess supply which will make price to drop and continue in that direction until something changes and demand surpass supply again which will in turn lead to the continuation of the upward movement. The time that market retraces is not a time to panic but a time to buy more and profit from the market when it reverses to the upside.
It is because of this that I think that if investors did not gave as much attention to the random walk the markets produce over the short term, and instead they took a look at an indicator like the 200 SMA or a weekly chart, this will give them a better perspective about where the market is and where it could be, allowing them to take better decisions when it comes to buying the dip.

Many people fail to appreciate the fact that retracement is truly an opportunity for more discounted buys. For instance, assuming Bitcoin is rising the suddenly it hit a major resistance and fell from let's say $70k to $63k. Now an investor with $10k to invest in Bitoin lump sum might have two scenarios. First is if he buys at $70k, he will get $10k worth of Bitcoin as  0.143BTC but if he bought at $63k he will get 0.159BTC. Under this arrangement, the investors would have gained 0.159 - 0.143 = 0.016BTC. Now assuming Bitcoin reverses and hit $75k, he would have made dollar gain of 0.016X75,000 = $1.2k cool cash. This example is just to demonstrate the opportunities retracement in price offers and not to discourage anyone from buying but to wait for major retracement. There could still  be other methods of investing the $10k that would have yielded different and sometimes better result.
This happens because of the different ways people look at goods and assets, a good is simply anything that you can buy and that satisfies a want or a need, but an asset is a good you are buying with the intention of selling for a profit, this is why if you want to buy a TV, you do so when you expect to find discounts and buy it at the cheapest possible price, but when it comes to assets, very often when the price is low there is very little interest on it, but when the asset is skyrocketing more people are willing to buy it, even if they have to pay the highest price ever for the asset, as it is the case of all of those that buy during the ATH.
Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 02:13:53 AM

Yeah, our endpoint is profit but only those without plan, target will get caught in this analogy of yours especially those who were present for immediate profit (gambling Bitcoin prices). Every financial market has time or seasons, let me say something have we considered why; Price sells from a particular point and why it buys from a point too, who were those involved, who bought at that higher price, who sold at that price, this are simple question we ought to clearify.

I always and will keep laying emphasis on the need for having a target and being discipline, DCAing with getting exhausted and allow the market do it thing and not being fretful because of pump or dumps in the market.
Sometimes new traders still find it difficult to carry out plans like that because usually they still use trading money from the money they use for their living needs so that when they are trapped at high prices they feel depressed and sometimes also consider cryptocurrency trading as gambling. As new traders they must get proper guidance.

That's the point, Trading is not sustainable and cannot be the right approach when it comes to Bitcoin. I don't seem to understand why, newbies or people think Bitcoin is just a mere Tradable coin.  We just need to accumulate, hold and be patient according to a suitable strategy and plan.

When it comes to investing the very basic rule is "invest what you can afford to lose", so anyone who is using the money meant for needs and wants into investing in Bitcoin is making a silly mistake with wrong step. That why we talk about having a discretionary funds and emergency funds before investing in Bitcoin to keep us at a safer zone as we invest in Bitcoin. And one must ensure that the efforts he is putting into building a solid Bitcoin portfolio is compounded and discipline about it by that I mean DCAing which reduces the stress and getting trapped in market since you have opportunity to always buy at every market price.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 02:56:20 AM
Merited by tiCeR (1)

Things like this are normal because no one can predict the crypto market perfectly. Selling at the highest price is everyone's goal, but this can also make you lose the best momentum to sell. I have experienced this, I waited for the price to continue to rise in the hope of being able to sell at the highest price, but what happened after that was that the price fell. Profit is the main goal of investment, but you should not be greedy.
The main thing which everyone wants is to take profit and sell their coin at a higher cost but most of the time people leave their coin when the price goes higher because they don't want to sell at that price and wish the market to pump some more. But after a few months they realised that the market is going down instead of pumping then they start to regret missing the chance.

It is a better way to enjoy your profit if you are happy with your profit when you see that in future the market is pumping more because you have not sold it as profit instead of losing any amount. Be satisfied with what you have and don't look towards the profit of others because everyone has different goals, thoughts, invested amounts, buying and selling costs.

It is still not correct to presume that the end-point for everyone is "profit."  Sure there is desires of long term investors to both store value in a way that may not lose value as much as other assets.. or to have some different correlation in terms of how the investment (bitcoin in this case) holds its value relative to other assets - which it the description of a hedge.

So there can be various ways to accomplish goals of holding value, hedging and even perhaps having more options down the road, while at the same time recognizing that there are scenarios in which bitcoin may well not hold its value as well as other assets  even in the long run and even when trying to not get distracted by short-term BTC price movements.

The main key on here is that you should really be that investing on the amount on which you can afford to lose on which this has been always the main principle on the moment that you will be making an investment on which proper planning and risks management.
when you're talking about proper planning and risk management, it's not to suggest that you're investing with an amount you're able to loose but deals with being calculative enough to make provision for a portion that's going to allow you continue holding your asset without getting tempted to sell half way. The phrase what you can afford to loose is a gambling phrase that is mostly used to tell gamblers not to go too extreme with the amount they use in gambling. For Bitcoin, for as much as we know, we've not seen it as an asset that can ever go to zero as much as we have seen it grow and so it's somehow improper to use such phrase in this kind of scenario.
I consider the idea/suggestion of investing no more than you can afford to lose to also apply to investing.. not just trading and/or gambling and maybe it applies more with volatile assets like bitcoin, even though the reality is that there is no sure investment - even though some investments are more volatile and/or risky than others.

And, sure are characterizing bitcoin as something that is more of a stable investment - and surely that seems to increasingly be the situation with bitcoin, even though there continues to be risk with bitcoin, including but not limited to the risk of it going to zero.
But I think pretty much the only threat that could drive bitcoin to zero is when there is some technological mess or advancement that makes bitcoin redundant or useless because there is something better than it. Otherwise I understand there can be unforeseen developments, but what else could there be in the near future with a similar or stronger security architecture and predictability? A fixed mathematical schedule for emission and the security through redundancy in the nodes globally distributed and holding the data, it seems to me that there can't be much that is better overall.

The solution to the SPOF problematic is so unique that I don't see how this could be done with a higher level of security.

The biggest problem still are the fees at times for people who do it right and want to manage their own wallets instead of buying it and leaving it on an exchange or as some derivative from some corporation dealing with bitcoin (ETFs for instance). For small investors it is still a hassle, but I doubt that the fee problem will be solved to a degree in the near future where people with small budgets can reliably follow a DCA plan. Then again I doubt that there will never be a solution.

There is also lots of dilution from many of the shit coins. Bitcoin represents about half of the total crypto market cap, but their hope is to hit the so called bitcoin killer. But I get that smaller investors would like to get into the market, but then realize that their $100 DCA investment every two weeks is sometimes stuck because it costs $20 to get the money off the exchange. A simple layer is required that may not offer the same level of security, but still allows small investors to move their bitcoin. The lightning network still sounds too complicated for the vast majority to be used, it scares them away and I get the point. By now you have all these gamified apps that allow you to trade everything and since it is simple, they tend to prefer those apps and trade there.

And sometimes I think the mystic around Nakamoto can be interesting to some investors on the one hand, but scary to others on the other hand as they fear there could be some ill intentions on behalf of the founder, like it comes to light that some rogue state brought bitcoin to life and does hold the majority of the coins. It's not that I am afraid of it, but it could be an explanation for some people to stay away since they rather have a figure they can see and assess. Take Elon Musk as an example or Steve Jobs: whether you like them or not, but those who do feel more comfortable when they actually can see what someone is doing and how they are behaving.

After all, bitcoin is a very different investment compared to owning shares in a company that has a cashflow and a financial report. The good thing is there is no blowing up of bitcoin because someone faked financial data, like there was with some big financial corporations or any of the accounting scandals. It is all mathematical and hence the happenings within the network are clearly predictable (I mean the hard data, not things like price manipulation). In a corporation you can't tell what someone might do next, It is an aspect I like a lot about bitcoin and that is why I am confident it won't go to zero as it will still have value for various groups of people. Value preservation, highest mobility of any asset in the world and autarchy if someone does it correctly.

To me, it seems that you are not wrong in any of your specific assessments, yet I personally do not even feel that I know enough about how to get into specifics instead of just potentially having some ballpark ideas regarding known unknowns and unknown unknowns, and sure you may well be listing some aspect of known knowns- yet the world of probabilities have a lot of various kinds of ways of assigning percentages that may well end up having a certain amount of subjective elements that each of us have to account for when making our own assessments regarding how we are going to invest into bitcoin and also to prepare ourselves for various negative scenarios as well as the positive scenarios.

Someone who has already invested into BTC for a while (like myself) may well end up engaging in various kinds of hedging in terms of selling some of our stash from time to time, whether we do it in time-based ways or we do it in price-based ways.

The overwhelming majority of the world, perhaps even close to 99%, do not have enough exposure to bitcoin since they most of them do not even own any coin at all... and yeah, maybe 1-2% of the world own some small amount of BTC (or even they are involved in shitcoins and thinking that they have enough BTC exposure).

So I am suggesting that even if some of the various negative scenarios are out there and I am not even going into specifics of them, that still does not mean that people generally have enough BTC.. and most people need to get the fuck off of zero... surely there are some folks who invest into bitcoin, and they do not have very much value, so they are continuing to buy BTC as if it were to be guaranteed to be going up, and so that seems to be problematic in the sense that anyone who has a very bullish outlook on BTC, should still be careful about assuming that nothing but UP is guaranteed.. or they might concede that there is UP and DOWN in the short term, but in the long term, no matter what UP is guaranteed.. which also is not true..

In the end people can do what they like, and who cares about my various repetitions that it is good to keep in mind the negative scenarios too, even if you are mostly preparing for the positive scenarios.. but at the same time, does anyone want to be in the street if they do not have other resources besides being maniacally focused on investing into bitcoin and ONLY bitcoin?

Even with myself, I will admit that I likely have around 80%-ish or more in bitcoin as compared with other assets, yet my bitcoin got to more than 80% of my total investment portfolio holdings based its price appreciation and not due to my investing that much.. since when I got into bitcoin I only got up to around 13.5%-ish invested into bitcoin, and the rest of my investment portfolio could sustain me if bitcoin wer to go to zero.. Yet, bitcoin ended up outperform all of the other assets, and sure those other assets may have gone up around 70-80% in the past 10 years, while bitcoin went up around 68x.. .. so sure maybe my exposure to bitcoin could have had been even higher than more than 80%.. but even if it were to go to zero, those other assets can still support me... so I have investments in places other than just having everything in bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
laijsica

Activity: 126
Merit: 87

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 07:10:55 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2024, 07:27:36 AM by laijsica

Short-term trading has multiple psychological and socio-economic risks that will only increase over time as inflationary pressures add urgency. Every negative pressure can create a hindrance in your investment and even cause a downward trend in value which brings more depression. By well planned DCA management and long term investment in Bitcoin is a profitable system with high risk reduction. Many may think of starting their investment a bit late to buy on dips but Bitcoin tends to rise over time. New investors must DCA their deposit plan and have the necessary arrangements to manage for the long term. New investors can do more study in getting proper guidance about DCA strategy.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Vinaa77

Activity: 1400
Merit: 319

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 08:39:39 AM

Short-term trading has multiple psychological and socio-economic risks that will only increase over time as inflationary pressures add urgency. Every negative pressure can create a hindrance in your investment and even cause a downward trend in value which brings more depression. By well planned DCA management and long term investment in Bitcoin is a profitable system with high risk reduction. Many may think of starting their investment a bit late to buy on dips but Bitcoin tends to rise over time. New investors must DCA their deposit plan and have the necessary arrangements to manage for the long term. New investors can do more study in getting proper guidance about DCA strategy.
It will indeed be very difficult to be able to carry out short-term trades for some people. This is very risky and there will be pressure if the trades we make never get a profit from the trades we make. Choosing to invest using the method you mentioned will certainly be very good. if we can run it well and must be able to withstand it for a long period of time in order to have results that are in our favor and if they are just starting to invest of course they have to really understand it well in order to be able to carry out the strategy well.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1237

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2024, 09:40:58 AM

It will indeed be very difficult to be able to carry out short-term trades for some people. This is very risky and there will be pressure if the trades we make never get a profit from the trades we make. Choosing to invest using the method you mentioned will certainly be very good. if we can run it well and must be able to withstand it for a long period of time in order to have results that are in our favor and if they are just starting to invest of course they have to really understand it well in order to be able to carry out the strategy well.

There would be a lot of pressure since for sure it will be hard for them to figure out on when to exit especially if there's unpredictable movement happening on bitcoin and sometimes they been caught up with certain unrealistic thinking for getting more profits so in that case it usually end up bad for them especially when they became much greedy for wanting to get a lot of money on bitcoin. That's why if they already settled and gain a good profit its better for them to sell especially if they need funds for important matters. But if they can't afford to do that and treat bitcoin as their investment then want this for long term then consistent buying is important to do that's why its up for those investor to know what's their priorities since they could set up some plans according to their intentions on why they choose to invest on bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
fadhilz123

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 11:56:56 AM

And when you start to see people doing things like that around you, you should also be able to approach them and reprimand them with a few questions, such as asking who told them to trade if in fact they still don't have the experience and capital for trading. Because beginners in trading usually if they don't see other people who have been successful through trading, those people won't be so determined to get into trading, especially if they still don't know the knowledge about it.

So you have to reprimand people like that if you ever meet and see them around you so that newbies don't misunderstand trading and also don't enter at the wrong time when they want to trade. Apart from that, you can also give a few tips and tricks to such people so that newbies are not so determined to use their daily needs money in trading. Although some people also think that trading is also part of a need that is accompanied by investment for the future, so don't be surprised when you see newbies who only buy but they never sell again in the near future.

████████▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
████████▄▄▄    ▄▄█▀▀▀██▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄███████▄
  █▀██████▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀██▀▀▀███
  ██████▄██▀▀▀██████▀█▄ ███
  █▄ ▀▀ █████████████████
▄  ██   █▀████████████▄█ █
▀█  ▀█▄ ▄████████████▀▀▄██
 ▀█   ▀████████████████▄█▀
  ▀█▄    ████▄▄██████▄▄██▀
    ▀▀█▄▄ █▄▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀
████████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
Seabet.io
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
SPORTS
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
🎰.
CASINO
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
EarnOnVictor

Activity: 714
Merit: 619

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 02:09:30 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I don't get you, are you referring to a trader or an investor? These two may be similar but they are not the same thing, and on reading further on what the user you replied to stated, I discovered that using trader in that context is not appropriate, it should have been an investor. DCA is never in trading unless the trader is only forcing it with a similar idea that I know may eventually not be used accurately as though one is investing. It is actually a term of an equal proportionate investment used to average the risk in investments. And of course, this is good but nothing is without its challenges if it is not done properly. Any new investors should make sure that they understand the investment very well before dabbling into it, and also the risk and how to curb issues with management and other plans.

With this, I am certain that a few mistakes attached to investment will be avoided. However, the DCA approach is not so difficult to apply to investments, this is unless the investor is not just serious or do not understanding it buy just forcing it. Again, when an investor is still facing financial challenges like you stated above, then the investor is not still ready for an investments, because he will be using the money he can't afford to lose to invest which is against the rule of investment. For this, he might lack focus or get emotional at a point which is not advisable. But the moment such an investor is ready, his mind must be out of that money so that the investment plan can be carried out rightly. For proper accountablity, the money can also be saved somewhere for effective injection into the market as and when due according to the kind of DCA approach he opts for.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Popkon6

Activity: 630
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 04:12:55 PM

DCA method is the best method it is correct, you need to have plan to invest. Because without a plan it is never possible to reach the destination, if you follow this DCA method you will definitely be successful if you invest in Bitcoin. But any time you face an emergency, it's important to have an emergency fund. Because you can meet your basic needs from this emergency fund and thus save your investment.  You can keep your investment for longer term, so I think planning is most important to save your investment.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2024, 04:23:20 PM

Ive been hearing about situations where someone buys a coin for a certain rate and not quite long after,  the said coin drops in value, or  someone sells his coin for a certain rate and then it appreciates just after.
What's your take on this? Given the period we're in is it buy time or sell time?

I'm now more into Buy Buy Sell Buy Sell Buy Sell Sell. That means I'm grid trading the coin I want to invest in. There's no certainty when and how much the coin rises. When trading grids, your money would keep making money. On a pure investment the money remains idle till the investor decides to sell. But with grid trading you can both DCA by buying cheap and get profit on sideways market by selling on small fluctuation. With grid trading, you can double your money even thought the coin never doubles.
The only bad thing about grid is if the coin goes a x2 or x3 soon, even if you have a x2 max limit, you would be making less than x2.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
cxtreenal

Activity: 93
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 05:00:12 PM

DCA method is the best method it is correct, you need to have plan to invest. Because without a plan it is never possible to reach the destination, if you follow this DCA method you will definitely be successful if you invest in Bitcoin. But any time you face an emergency, it's important to have an emergency fund. Because you can meet your basic needs from this emergency fund and thus save your investment.  You can keep your investment for longer term, so I think planning is most important to save your investment.
Of course, it is very important to proceed according to proper planning before investing and especially to take proper care of each level in the long term. Bitcoin is more used to competing with constant price movements so it is recommended to be extra care about holding during bullish periods with increased buying during bearish prices. Every DCA should aim to be long-term and at least 4-10 years so that accumulation assessment is properly obtained. The accumulation level should be such that the focus should be on the long-term goals rather than the primary focus on the value of Bitcoin. When an investor focuses only on time then his holdings grow over time then I am preety sure his more profit is likely to multiply.
Sim_card

Activity: 476
Merit: 420

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2024, 05:40:07 PM

Ive been hearing about situations where someone buys a coin for a certain rate and not quite long after,  the said coin drops in value, or  someone sells his coin for a certain rate and then it appreciates just after.
What's your take on this? Given the period we're in is it buy time or sell time?

I'm now more into Buy Buy Sell Buy Sell Buy Sell Sell. That means I'm grid trading the coin I want to invest in. There's no certainty when and how much the coin rises. When trading grids, your money would keep making money. On a pure investment the money remains idle till the investor decides to sell. But with grid trading you can both DCA by buying cheap and get profit on sideways market by selling on small fluctuation. With grid trading, you can double your money even thought the coin never doubles.
The only bad thing about grid is if the coin goes a x2 or x3 soon, even if you have a x2 max limit, you would be making less than x2.

Such approach will not give you a good profit if you buy bitcoin and sell due to little increase in price, and it sounds funny to me to see that you said, you are using DCA method to buy the bitcoin that you will sell so soon. I don't feel it is the best. In life there is time for everything. If you see bitcoin as an investment that you are doing for the future, it will be the best thing because you will be able to have a bitcoin target and how long you will hodli. You will not be in a rush to sell because you will understand that the future selling is better than now, since bitcoin price increases overtime.

A new beginner should not think of trading but he should plan on a long term bitcoin journey and have a bitcoin goal so that he will not run at loss in a short while. This is because short-term hodlers can run at loss and regret their actions because nobody can predict the price movement of bitcoin. If they sell at a price, the price of bitcoin might increase higher above their selling price making them to feel bad or if they sell at a high price, and they plan to buy back, but the price continues to go higher without dipping. An unforeseen challenge can come from nowhere to take part of the money. These is why short term mindset is somehow dumb to me and not safe. The compounding effect of your bitcoin portfolio is what generates the highest profits overtime, and a trader will miss that unique potential.

A beginner should look at his discretionary income and bring out an amount that he will can use to buy bitcoin weekly or monthly with DCA nonstop so that he can build and grow his bitcoin stash till he reaches his bitcoin target which will take a very long time, as long as he has his emergency funds as his back up, as his reserve fund. If he feels that he has too much bitcoin on him, he can then think of selling a little amount time to time, that will not affect his size of bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tiCeR

Activity: 1764
Merit: 755

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 07:36:44 PM

To me, it seems that you are not wrong in any of your specific assessments, yet I personally do not even feel that I know enough about how to get into specifics instead of just potentially having some ballpark ideas regarding known unknowns and unknown unknowns, and sure you may well be listing some aspect of known knowns- yet the world of probabilities have a lot of various kinds of ways of assigning percentages that may well end up having a certain amount of subjective elements that each of us have to account for when making our own assessments regarding how we are going to invest into bitcoin and also to prepare ourselves for various negative scenarios as well as the positive scenarios.

Someone who has already invested into BTC for a while (like myself) may well end up engaging in various kinds of hedging in terms of selling some of our stash from time to time, whether we do it in time-based ways or we do it in price-based ways.

The overwhelming majority of the world, perhaps even close to 99%, do not have enough exposure to bitcoin since they most of them do not even own any coin at all... and yeah, maybe 1-2% of the world own some small amount of BTC (or even they are involved in shitcoins and thinking that they have enough BTC exposure).

So I am suggesting that even if some of the various negative scenarios are out there and I am not even going into specifics of them, that still does not mean that people generally have enough BTC.. and most people need to get the fuck off of zero... surely there are some folks who invest into bitcoin, and they do not have very much value, so they are continuing to buy BTC as if it were to be guaranteed to be going up, and so that seems to be problematic in the sense that anyone who has a very bullish outlook on BTC, should still be careful about assuming that nothing but UP is guaranteed.. or they might concede that there is UP and DOWN in the short term, but in the long term, no matter what UP is guaranteed.. which also is not true..

In the end people can do what they like, and who cares about my various repetitions that it is good to keep in mind the negative scenarios too, even if you are mostly preparing for the positive scenarios.. but at the same time, does anyone want to be in the street if they do not have other resources besides being maniacally focused on investing into bitcoin and ONLY bitcoin?

Even with myself, I will admit that I likely have around 80%-ish or more in bitcoin as compared with other assets, yet my bitcoin got to more than 80% of my total investment portfolio holdings based its price appreciation and not due to my investing that much.. since when I got into bitcoin I only got up to around 13.5%-ish invested into bitcoin, and the rest of my investment portfolio could sustain me if bitcoin wer to go to zero.. Yet, bitcoin ended up outperform all of the other assets, and sure those other assets may have gone up around 70-80% in the past 10 years, while bitcoin went up around 68x.. .. so sure maybe my exposure to bitcoin could have had been even higher than more than 80%.. but even if it were to go to zero, those other assets can still support me... so I have investments in places other than just having everything in bitcoin.

I agree. It's naive to believe in any of the extremes, like Buffett who says bitcoin will go down to zero while others say there is only one way up towards a million USD. It might even be that the set of risks bitcoin is exposed to is more complex than the set of risks of any other asset. What makes bitcoin resilient may also go hand in hand with additional risk exposure. So I agree with you that pinning risks down in concrete terms is clearly impossible. I was just throwing out some of my thoughts, but there is no way to verify whether my thoughts carry value unless they materialize one day, which I don't hope of course.

Shitcoin exposure in hopes of being "kind of" invested into bitcoin is of course a fallacy. But not enough people understand the security model bitcoin is based on. That doesn't mean they won't be successful if they get the chance and sell in the right moment, but the most promising long term horse to bet on is still bitcoin. We have seen that with government attacks on coins that have development teams and then they got cracked down on because they were labeled a security and so on and so forth.

Sure, if someone is sufficiently well invested in bitcoin in regards to their own requirements or possibilities, then divesting is not necessarily a wrong idea. This leads me to those early days whales who held like 50k or 100k BTC, perhaps bought for cents on the dollar. If we think in percentage terms, even if you believe that the BTC price will go to 20k, would it still be rational in your opinion to not sell any all the way up to a price of 20k USD? I think someone who bought loads and loads for cents or maybe 10 dollars or 50 dollars, the percentage return got to a point that it would be very naive to not sell some.

I made the mistake that I sold a lot far too early because percentage wise it felt to be the right thing, I would even say mandatory because what in the freaking world gives you 1000% in no time? Now we are at a point where these insane rewards in no time are not realistic anymore, or they have never been realistic, but happened.

But at the same time I think bitcoin is still an amazing asset to acquire because other assets, shares and real estate can quickly get into trouble, too. Those who bought Tesla at an all time high now lost over 50% of their money. The tech titles are doing well these days, but if people got the timing wrong, they could have lose almost 70% if they bought Facebook by the end of 2021.

I think having a plan and being willing to execute it can be extremely helpful. This doesn't mean new information shouldn't be taken into account, perhaps altering the plan. But having one at all can't hurt.
adultcrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 11:59:08 PM

DCA method is the best method it is correct, you need to have plan to invest. Because without a plan it is never possible to reach the destination, if you follow this DCA method you will definitely be successful if you invest in Bitcoin. But any time you face an emergency, it's important to have an emergency fund. Because you can meet your basic needs from this emergency fund and thus save your investment.  You can keep your investment for longer term, so I think planning is most important to save your investment.
I used to think this way especially when I learnt about the DCA method newly, the excitement was so much that I felt it is the only way that can lead to success in bitcoin accumulation. But after a while I realized that many successful bitcoin investors does not even use the DCA method, instead most of them that I know buy the dips and through lump sum. I am not saying that I have lost faith in the DCA method because I still use it just that I have found a way of opening some buy entries whenever I noticed that the market dips appreciably in a way I can get decent lower price. Of course, this is only done when I have extra cash to put in because irrespective of anything, my DCA buy will keep running.

In all honesty, the method of buying is important but never the most important thing regarding bitcoin investment. What is most important is the ability to hold the investment and resist the fear and urge to sell when not planned. Any entry method is fine provided the intention is to hold for a considerable amount of time to enable the investment yield the desired result.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Pi-network314159

Activity: 252
Merit: 186

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 29, 2024, 02:11:00 AM

If someone buy a coin at a certain rate and after which the coin drops, that's shouldn't bother you though it depends on the coin you bought cause if it is a shit or memecoin  then it is something to be worry about because most of those coin whenever they drop they don't appreciate easily and most will never appreciate again but if it is Bitcoin you invest in there's nothing to worry about cause even if it drops it will definitely appreciate. However, when buying shit or memecoin you ought to be very careful before you dive into it cause it can be annoying at times and sometimes sweet when your analysis is being done correctly.
You might well be making sense when talking about bitcoin but becoming unreasonable when talking about shit or altcoins here we have repeatedly talked about not having a second thought on investing in shitcoin, as it has no future . It is better you talk about bitcoin only or never talk atol than mentioning such name here. There are board that talks about it and here is not such a place. Talking about it may be misleeding and problematic to many. I once had issues with such but now I regret my past experience with such coin an I detest the sight or hearing such. The earlier you get used to conversation with bitcoin the better for you.

I prefer you use the word invest rather trading, trading is often refferd as gambling. There is no guidance  that is more important than investing in bitcoin and HODLing for a longer time. Anybody who is still using bitcoin as gambling instead of Investment, is just wasting his time. Though bitcoin may have many options aside investment, like using it for buying and selling and also for gambling which I know most people do, but to be in a safer side I sudgest investing in bitcoin is the most important thing to practice than wasting a whole lotenof time thinking about shot term profit which doesn't even profit or amount to anything. If you want to know more you can go to the dip and HODL thread to know more about bitcoin investment and how longer investment period guarantee more return than short term investment.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Barikui1

Activity: 238
Merit: 181

View Profile
May 29, 2024, 05:12:52 AM

I actually understand what you are trying to say here bro, but I don't think it's the best way of building generational wealth overtime, it's true that you can make money from trading if you skilled in it, but it should never be compared to Bitcoin investment, because with Bitcoin investment, you are quite certain of making profit, even as a newbie investors, as long as you are a long term holder, while in trading you can lose a whole lot of money just in a very short period of time, which comes with a whole lot of stress attached to it, so it's best to  be a Holder, which I believe is more convenient,  easy and more rewarding on the longer run.

Lastly, buying only the deep don't necessarily mean that you will be more profitable than someone using the DCA accumulating strategy, because when using the DCA accumulating strategy, you are equally     going to buy the deep and even the lowest part of the deep that the person using long sum may missed,  believing that the price will go even deeper, so I believe that when accumulating Bitcoin, the DCA accumulating strategy is the best.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 29, 2024, 05:22:14 AM

.......to know more about bitcoin investment and how longer investment period guarantee more return than short term investment.

That still seems to be a misleading way of talking about anticipated BTC price performance, and even though there might be some technical truth that the probabilities of UP might be better the longer the time period, but even if the probabilities are higher, that still does not cause the long term to be guaranteed to be higher, even if the probabilities suggest that it should be.

There's gotta be better ways to present ideas about the advantages of long term investing versus short term thinking without devolving into ideas that the long term is more guaranteed to be better than the short term... even if technically what you are saying is not exactly incorrect, but the use of the term guaranteed comes off as misleading.

One thing about investing for the long term is that a relatively modest amount invested could end up adding up to a lot invested, so even though in the short-to-medium term, there might be some difficulties in measuring the amount of value that is retained, but there seems to be a bit of a likelihood for some kind of an upward price trajectory that could happen somewhere down the road.. or mayb even several upward price trajectories, so even someone who is investing relatively modestly, might be able to measure a lot of progress from the over the years modest contributions that end up outperforming other places that the value might have had been kept.. while at the same time, it is not guaranteed to actually go up in value.. but that is true with any investment that we choose to allocate into, we might have some investments that outperform other investments.

We hope in the end that we ended up picking a mixture of investments (hopefully not shitcoins) that put us into a better position than if we had not invested and/or saved.. but again, no guarantees and we attempt to do our best, even if there might be a large number of weeks that we are ONLY able to save/invest around $10 into bitcoin and then maybe there are other weeks that we are able to save/invest $100 or even $1k into bitcoin, so there may well be quite a bit of variance in our cashflow (and/or our disposable income) that affects how much we are able to save/invest, so that in the long run the variable amounts of value that we injected add up but they also may well have ended up holding their value pretty well as compared to other places that they could have been put and/or they might have ened up appreciating in value as compared with other places that the same value could have had been put.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Marvelockg

Activity: 210
Merit: 139

View Profile
May 29, 2024, 06:05:51 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

One thing about investing for the long term is that a relatively modest amount invested could end up adding up to a lot invested, so even though in the short-to-medium term, there might be some difficulties in measuring the amount of value that is retained, but there seems to be a bit of a likelihood for some kind of an upward price trajectory that could happen somewhere down the road.. or mayb even several upward price trajectories, so even someone who is investing relatively modestly, might be able to measure a lot of progress from the over the years modest contributions that end up outperforming other places that the value might have had been kept.. while at the same time, it is not guaranteed to actually go up in value.. but that is true with any investment that we choose to allocate into, we might have some investments that outperform other investments.
so in essence, the main implication or thought process of long term holding should be looked at as a medium through which we can build strong portfolio overtime in such a way that our modest contribution over these years will place the value of our asset in a possition that's possibly better than saving it in fiat or investing it in another asset. in order words, while it's not 💯 certain that Bitcoin will get to the value most persons are speculating in the long,  from the compounding effect of making regular buys over a long timeframe, you're certain to have succesfully built a good amount of Bitcoin in your portfolio which though might not seems to be of great worth while building your stack will turn out to compound into an overall sum of Bitcoin all stocked in the long run.

even if there might be a large number of weeks that we are ONLY able to save/invest around $10 into bitcoin and then maybe there are other weeks that we are able to save/invest $100 or even $1k into bitcoin, so there may well be quite a bit of variance in our cashflow (and/or our disposable income) that affects how much we are able to save/invest, so that in the long run the variable amounts of value that we injected add up but they also may well have ended up holding their value pretty well as compared to other places that they could have been put and/or they might have ened up appreciating in value as compared with other places that the same value could have had been put.
that's so true. At the start when you probably had very little amount of Bitcoin because of how small the amount you use is making your buys is, it might appear as though you're not doing anything serious and at that time, even if Bitcoin goes too high in it value, it would make a big deal for you but consistently stacking your Bitcoin based on the amount you have, maybe starting with $20 and then a long the line increasing it to $60 and then $100 and upward, with time and in years to come, you will find that you've built a good chunk of Bitcoin by just being consistent with your buys regardless of the amount you're using at some different buying moment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: