Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:53:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Buy Buy or Sell Sell Sell?  (Read 5174 times)
Renampun

Activity: 2338
Merit: 365

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2024, 08:31:46 AM

Ive been hearing about situations where someone buys a coin for a certain rate and not quite long after,  the said coin drops in value, or  someone sells his coin for a certain rate and then it appreciates just after.
What's your take on this? Given the period we're in is it buy time or sell time?

actually there is nothing strange about the phenomenon you mentioned, we are all aware and understand very well that the crypto market is very volatile, the coin you buy will not always experience an increase in price when you buy it, the price may go down and our attitude is what determines to sell or hold. Have you ever heard of the DCA method? Well, currently it is the investors who use the DCA method who profit, not the traders.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
laijsica

Activity: 126
Merit: 87

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 01, 2024, 08:50:45 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The first is to accept the risk and have a plan for how long you will hold it. And you can use some money to implement your plan, and you can buy dips every now and then with a little bit. And by buying bitcoins you can be successful if you accumulate bitcoins in a solid wallet for a long time. Because investing for the long term can buy bitcoin anytime as our bull run is about to begin.
Having a plan before investing is of course very important so that we can determine the target we will achieve in order to make a profit. Deciding to buy when it is experiencing a downturn certainly doesn't hurt, but we can't know for sure, therefore it will it's better if we can buy as much as we can and can survive for a long period of time, yes of course we will immediately get a profit because it is possible that in the next few months the price of Bitcoin will increase.
Of course you can be optimistic about the increase in the value of Bitcoin and all the efforts to increase the investment. During bearish season there is a tendency to accumulate more amount but you need to maintain floating cash for at least 3-6 months. The tendency to buy bitcoins increases or aggressively buys relative to the increase in the amount of your floating cash. You need to stay on top of Bitcoin's massive upward trend and set buy levels at regular intervals. If you have a lump sum and get a favorable price bearish, you can use that time to make investments that have the potential to make huge profits in the future. Investment planning should be a part of your disposable income. The decision to deposit bitcoins with full money may not be positive as your household expenses will increase at regular intervals and will increase further in the future. So having a large amount of floating cash is a prerequisite for deciding to manage your long-term Bitcoin investment.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Marvelockg

Activity: 210
Merit: 139

View Profile
June 01, 2024, 09:59:51 AM

Ive been hearing about situations where someone buys a coin for a certain rate and not quite long after,  the said coin drops in value, or  someone sells his coin for a certain rate and then it appreciates just after.
What's your take on this? Given the period we're in is it buy time or sell time?

actually there is nothing strange about the phenomenon you mentioned, we are all aware and understand very well that the crypto market is very volatile, the coin you buy will not always experience an increase in price when you buy it, the price may go down and our attitude is what determines to sell or hold. Have you ever heard of the DCA method? Well, currently it is the investors who use the DCA method who profit, not the traders.
the best answer that would have helped him get the right narrative regarding his question should have been to help him know that thier is a very big difference between a coin and Bitcoin

What's mostly prone to pump and dump after you've invested into them are mostly meme coin and most Altcoin because they mostly do well due to hype and the noise from the media and doesn't really take long before it goes extinct puting most investors in wreck. They are not worth investing into for the long term and that in itself means that they are not an investible asset. On the other hand, Bitcoin is also volatile and do occasionally experience some minor corrections due to economic factors of demand and supply but always bounces back and surges even further than the momentary correction experienced and has overtime grown consistently increasing in it worth.

To avoid selling your coin ( Bitcoin )and when it goes up in value you regret that you sold too early and or buy your Bitcoin and get tensed up whenever it goes down or experience some correction, it's best to buy with the mindset of HODling for the long term such that when there is any form of correction, you buy more Bitcoin and when there is a bull, you are more confident to keep holding unto your Bitcoin.

Lamkuthang

Activity: 331
Merit: 34

Low Fidelity High Potential

View Profile
June 01, 2024, 10:22:30 AM

Personally, those 3 letters are quite familiar to my ears. Yes. DCA is one of the most effective and widely applied purchasing strategies currently in investing in crypto.

The crypto market is very volatile, that's what it's like and it doesn't make someone who already knows the inherent risks immediately leave because they can't stand it, but rather it becomes an opportunity to buy back.

|   |   | | | |||     [   L  I  C  X   ]    LightCode Information Communication Experience    ||| | | |   |   |
L O W   F I D E L I T Y   -   H I G H   P O T E N T I A L
|   |   |   | | | | |||||     Twitter     |   Telegram   |    Discord    ||||| | | | |   |   |   |
Sim_card

Activity: 476
Merit: 420

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2024, 12:56:37 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Personally, those 3 letters are quite familiar to my ears. Yes. DCA is one of the most effective and widely applied purchasing strategies currently in investing in crypto.

The crypto market is very volatile, that's what it's like and it doesn't make someone who already knows the inherent risks immediately leave because they can't stand it, but rather it becomes an opportunity to buy back.
@Lamkuthang, you should be specific with the word bitcoin and not cryptocurrency because we also have shitcoins as crypto, and they are all waste of time to invest in. This is why you should always say bitcoin, because it is because of bitcoin that we are all here and only bitcoin is worth to DCA on. Bitcoin is volatile no doune and that is why anyone that wants to invest in bitcoin should invest in a long term with his discretionary income using DCA in order to limit the risk in the volatile nature of bitcoin, so that he will be able to hodli his bitcoin investment and grow it for 4-10 years and above. When DCAing, you need your emergency, reserve funds and float to back you up for success.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Moreno233

Activity: 364
Merit: 192

View Profile
June 01, 2024, 01:41:09 PM

Ive been hearing about situations where someone buys a coin for a certain rate and not quite long after,  the said coin drops in value, or  someone sells his coin for a certain rate and then it appreciates just after.
The discussion is not just about anything coin but Bitcoin so it will really help if will try and retain Bitcoin instead of using the word coin which can mean a wide range of other things including shitcoins. Other than this suggestion and when the coin in your comment is replaced with Bitcoin, I generally agree with what you said.

Before buying Bitcoin, the investor must first decide the plan as this will guide his actions and approach. If the plan is for short term, which I do not always encourage, then when reason profits are seen within a short term, the investor can sell and meet his objectives. But when the plan is long term, which is the best way to go, then even when the market experience some downturns, the investor will be able to wait it out knowing that it will increase in price with time.

Tmoonz

Activity: 196
Merit: 154

View Profile
June 01, 2024, 02:05:34 PM

The first is to accept the risk and have a plan for how long you will hold it. And you can use some money to implement your plan, and you can buy dips every now and then with a little bit. And by buying bitcoins you can be successful if you accumulate bitcoins in a solid wallet for a long time. Because investing for the long term can buy bitcoin anytime as our bull run is about to begin.
Having a plan before investing is of course very important so that we can determine the target we will achieve in order to make a profit. Deciding to buy when it is experiencing a downturn certainly doesn't hurt, but we can't know for sure, therefore it will it's better if we can buy as much as we can and can survive for a long period of time, yes of course we will immediately get a profit because it is possible that in the next few months the price of Bitcoin will increase.

I don't think if there is anytime you buy Bitcoin that it will hurt, buying Bitcoin doesn't hurt unless if you are trader for Short term profits may be probably you bought Bitcoin and after buying it dip further while you are expecting it to go up in order for you to see profits as soon as possible, that is the reason why it is always advisable to treat Bitcoin as a tradable coin, but any one buying Bitcoin to hodl for long will not get hurt even on buying or seeing Bitcoin making an uptrends or downtrend because the plan is to hold for longer period of time and not for few dollar profits within a short period of time.

Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 01, 2024, 05:20:32 PM

I don't think if there is anytime you buy Bitcoin that it will hurt, buying Bitcoin doesn't hurt unless if you are trader for Short term profits may be probably you bought Bitcoin and after buying it dip further while you are expecting it to go up in order for you to see profits as soon as possible, that is the reason why it is always advisable to treat Bitcoin as a tradable coin, but any one buying Bitcoin to hodl for long will not get hurt even on buying or seeing Bitcoin making an uptrends or downtrend because the plan is to hold for longer period of time and not for few dollar profits within a short period of time.

Some persons will keep learning the hard way and many will still learn, I do not understand why many are driven with quick cash in Bitcoin Market, neglecting the value of Bitcoin and the benefits of holding and accumulating Bitcoin in a long run guided by plan and Target.
Bitcoin is not just a mere coin, many are still deceiving themselves claiming to understand the value of Bitcoin yet, still approaching it wrongly.
obuoma

Activity: 15
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2024, 06:33:54 PM

Some persons will keep learning the hard way and many will still learn, I do not understand why many are driven with quick cash in Bitcoin Market, neglecting the value of Bitcoin and the benefits of holding and accumulating Bitcoin in a long run guided by plan and Target.
Bitcoin is not just a mere coin, many are still deceiving themselves claiming to understand the value of Bitcoin yet, still approaching it wrongly.
How you behave toward bitcoin depends mostly on how you started and the level of information you have access to. There are many who started from trading and learnt about bitcoin on the premise of trading alone because they want to trade asset with a wide daily pip count. These set do not have much information about holding bitcoin and may not even been opportune to join a forum like this one where knowledge of holding is shared. So, we should be patient to hear people side of the story so we can properly help them.

Myself just joined this forum and for the short time I have been here, my perspective about bitcoin have changed rapidly. It is a whole lot of learning process for me but the good thing is that I'm already buying small amount when I have money while still gathering more knowledge. I learnt this from this forum unlike before that I was saving money in fiat and waiting for it to be big before I use and fund my trading account or buy some other assets to sell within a short time for some profits.  

My plan is to improve on my knowledge while still investing part of my income into bitcoin because I don't want to continue to wait until I have billions before I start, all thanks to this platform where I got this idea. I will limit my involvement in trading as well as buying other asset because I will be leaning towards bitcoin now to save myself from risk and stress.
Onyeeze

Activity: 546
Merit: 171

View Profile
June 01, 2024, 06:35:58 PM

if you have in mind that if you invest in any cryptocurrency today your profit will come immediately, so therefore, I know very well that bitcoin investment is something that appreciate when the market is dominant, and thats why good investor do like to go into long-term investment, so from my own way of understanding investment, is something that you don't need to panic, just have a time factor for any of your investment that will profits you more than than thinking that you will make it immediately you invest or after a period of time, people who enjoy cryptocurrency investment is the people who can endure

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2024, 04:13:52 PM

The best step toward approaching investment in my opinion is; A source of capital - basic knowledge - investment goal - investment strategy - discipline - consistency. This process will lead to a successful investment, well tested and trusted.

Having various good (or best) practices in each of the categories increases your chances for success, but does not guarantee success.  Maybe you should include learning and tweaking along the way as one of your practices, and also ideas about humility in order to not take for granted that any "correct" actions that you might be taking along the way is going to end up leading to the results that you expect.

That would be really dumb to DCA in crypto.

DCA in bitcoin works well, but not in crypto.. that is absolutely retarded to try to suggest it to be a good idea to DCA into any shitcoins, unless you happen to know quite a bit about such shitcoin, and even if you do, I doubt that there is actually any shitcoin that DCA would apply since with any shitcoin you need to be considering when to get in and when to get out.  If your investment is long term, such as bitcoin, there is no need to get into specifics of your planning about when to get out, and you can consider various withdrawal strategies at a later date.. since the presumption that any of us should be able to figure out with bitcoin is that bitcoin has decently good chances of ongoingly going up in price (and value) and so that by the time we get to our period of considering any kind of a withdrawal plan (such as 4-10 years or more down the road), then there should be pretty decent chances that BTC prices/value is up in both nominal and real terms.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
adultcrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 277

View Profile
June 02, 2024, 06:41:07 PM

DCA in bitcoin works well, but not in crypto.. that is absolutely retarded to try to suggest it to be a good idea to DCA into any shitcoins, unless you happen to know quite a bit about such shitcoin, and even if you do, I doubt that there is actually any shitcoin that DCA would apply since with any shitcoin you need to be considering when to get in and when to get out.  If your investment is long term, such as bitcoin, there is no need to get into specifics of your planning about when to get out, and you can consider various withdrawal strategies at a later date.. since the presumption that any of us should be able to figure out with bitcoin is that bitcoin has decently good chances of ongoingly going up in price (and value) and so that by the time we get to our period of considering any kind of a withdrawal plan (such as 4-10 years or more down the road), then there should be pretty decent chances that BTC prices/value is up in both nominal and real terms.
DCA on shitcoins is like building on quicksand. I don't even know why someone will give that a thought. Well, I will blame ignorance or greed for it. Some people are ignorant that is why they think that there will be another bitcoin which will start from a few cents and grow into thousands of dollars. This is the primary motivation for some to invest in shitcoin, not minding the risk they carry. From the information provided by coingecko the list of dead coins is heartbreaking. Some of them were coins that promised heaven earth to investors only to die within few months or years of being listed in the market. I think of the level of pain for someone who spend months and maybe years building a portfolio of shitcoins hoping to make good returns only to realise that the investment has become exercise in futility. This is something I don't want to imagine.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Judith87403

Activity: 124
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2024, 06:51:29 PM

The best step toward approaching investment in my opinion is; A source of capital - basic knowledge - investment goal - investment strategy - discipline - consistency. This process will lead to a successful investment, well tested and trusted.

Having various good (or best) practices in each of the categories increases your chances for success, but does not guarantee success.  Maybe you should include learning and tweaking along the way as one of your practices, and also ideas about humility in order to not take for granted that any "correct" actions that you might be taking along the way is going to end up leading to the results that you expect.

DCA in bitcoin works well, but not in crypto.. that is absolutely retarded to try to suggest it to be a good idea to DCA into any shitcoins
, unless you happen to know quite a bit about such shitcoin, and even if you do, I doubt that there is actually any shitcoin that DCA would apply since with any shitcoin you need to be considering when to get in and when to get out.  If your investment is long term, such as bitcoin, there is no need to get into specifics of your planning about when to get out, and you can consider various withdrawal strategies at a later date.. since the presumption that any of us should be able to figure out with bitcoin is that bitcoin has decently good chances of ongoingly going up in price (and value) and so that by the time we get to our period of considering any kind of a withdrawal plan (such as 4-10 years or more down the road), then there should be pretty decent chances that BTC prices/value is up in both nominal and real terms.

You have a point I wonder why somebody would even come up with such idea of using DCA on a normal crypto, I mean it makes no sense because is very risky accumulating a crypto which the future is unknown actually that's totally gambling because the chances of the shitcoin to continue growing may not actually be certain, so perhaps they shouldn't have the idea that since they can DCA on Bitcoin doesn't mean that they can also practice it on shitcoin because there is a huge difference between Bitcoin on those others cryptos and also he should understand that one of the reasons why we all focus on Bitcoin is because is the most reliable coin so even with DCA we are certain of the Road map because it will certainly continue to grow.
laijsica

Activity: 126
Merit: 87

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 03, 2024, 02:20:22 PM

DCA in bitcoin works well, but not in crypto.. that is absolutely retarded to try to suggest it to be a good idea to DCA into any shitcoins
, unless you happen to know quite a bit about such shitcoin, and even if you do, I doubt that there is actually any shitcoin that DCA would apply since with any shitcoin you need to be considering when to get in and when to get out.  If your investment is long term, such as bitcoin, there is no need to get into specifics of your planning about when to get out, and you can consider various withdrawal strategies at a later date.. since the presumption that any of us should be able to figure out with bitcoin is that bitcoin has decently good chances of ongoingly going up in price (and value) and so that by the time we get to our period of considering any kind of a withdrawal plan (such as 4-10 years or more down the road), then there should be pretty decent chances that BTC prices/value is up in both nominal and real terms.

You have a point I wonder why somebody would even come up with such idea of using DCA on a normal crypto, I mean it makes no sense because is very risky accumulating a crypto which the future is unknown actually that's totally gambling because the chances of the shitcoin to continue growing may not actually be certain, so perhaps they shouldn't have the idea that since they can DCA on Bitcoin doesn't mean that they can also practice it on shitcoin because there is a huge difference between Bitcoin on those others cryptos and also he should understand that one of the reasons why we all focus on Bitcoin is because is the most reliable coin so even with DCA we are certain of the Road map because it will certainly continue to grow.
The thing you need to keep in mind is that the context of shitcoin is completely different than bitcoin because most shitcoins are short-term formulas that are highly likely to depreciate over time. DCA strategy is basically a formula specially made for Bitcoin which gradually decreases with the increase in size of stash of Bitcoin by accumulating over time and at the last moment you will see in your reflection buying dips which your profit amount is high. When it comes to investing, you should keep in mind which shitcoin you choose and start and withdraw your investment at the right time. It may not be easy for you to be perfect in your selection process so you may put yourself at more risk. But in the case of Bitcoin, only consistent and uninterrupted deposits are recommended for a long time. Accumulating bitcoins consistently over a long period of time is likely to yield higher profits in the future.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Smilevictorobinna

Activity: 56
Merit: 31

View Profile
June 03, 2024, 06:32:07 PM

DCA in bitcoin works well, but not in crypto.. that is absolutely retarded to try to suggest it to be a good idea to DCA into any shitcoins, unless you happen to know quite a bit about such shitcoin, and even if you do, I doubt that there is actually any shitcoin that DCA would apply since with any shitcoin you need to be considering when to get in and when to get out.  If your investment is long term, such as bitcoin, there is no need to get into specifics of your planning about when to get out, and you can consider various withdrawal strategies at a later date.. since the presumption that any of us should be able to figure out with bitcoin is that bitcoin has decently good chances of ongoingly going up in price (and value) and so that by the time we get to our period of considering any kind of a withdrawal plan (such as 4-10 years or more down the road), then there should be pretty decent chances that BTC prices/value is up in both nominal and real terms.
DCA on shitcoins is like building on quicksand. I don't even know why someone will give that a thought. Well, I will blame ignorance or greed for it. Some people are ignorant that is why they think that there will be another bitcoin which will start from a few cents and grow into thousands of dollars. This is the primary motivation for some to invest in shitcoin, not minding the risk they carry. From the information provided by coingecko the list of dead coins is heartbreaking. Some of them were coins that promised heaven earth to investors only to die within few months or years of being listed in the market. I think of the level of pain for someone who spend months and maybe years building a portfolio of shitcoins hoping to make good returns only to realise that the investment has become exercise in futility. This is something I don't want to imagine.
Shitcoin or altcoin are pour gambling at least that is how I see them,  because the only time their are successful is when their are at their sell stage when they want to get potential investors who will invest into their imaginary projects coins,  the major channel that their get through to their potential victims is through social media and other channels that most in informed users visits in search of. Knowledge pf cryptocurrencie,  and instead investing in Bitcoin most time they get received and diverted into investing in those coins that end up scamming them.

And one of the things that those shitcoin influencers uses to deceives the victim is the slogan that Bitcoin is already too expensive and won't give them quick gains,  so they buy and gamble with those shitcoin thinking it does make them rich quickly which will end in regret for them,  I don't know if this happens to them because of the greed or another thing, but then it should be Bitcoin always instead to gamble with your resources.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2024, 06:47:21 PM

[edited out]
The thing you need to keep in mind is that the context of shitcoin is completely different than bitcoin because most shitcoins are short-term formulas that are highly likely to depreciate over time. DCA strategy is basically a formula specially made for Bitcoin which gradually decreases with the increase in size of stash of Bitcoin by accumulating over time and at the last moment you will see in your reflection buying dips which your profit amount is high. When it comes to investing, you should keep in mind which shitcoin you choose and start and withdraw your investment at the right time. It may not be easy for you to be perfect in your selection process so you may put yourself at more risk. But in the case of Bitcoin, only consistent and uninterrupted deposits are recommended for a long time. Accumulating bitcoins consistently over a long period of time is likely to yield higher profits in the future.

DCA is not "specifically made for bitcoin," yet there are several ways in which DCA works as a good strategy for bitcoin, including both bitcoin's volatility and the expectation that with the passage of time it is likely to trend upwardly in terms of its price..  Of course, since there are not any guarantees in regards to bitcoin's future prices, we are still largely playing probabilities that bitcoin is going to continue to be a good investment in terms of generally trending up and if not so at least we can regulate our own exposure in terms of how we invest into bitcoin over time using something like DCA.

Part of the problems in terms of suggesting DCA applies to crypto or shitcoins is to presume similar kinds of qualities in the shitcoins in terms of generally trending up, and sure the various shitcoin investors could still use DCA to invest into crypto and/or various shitcoins, but they also either have to do some additional analysis regarding their beliefs of the strength of such coins and/or they may well be using DCA in a trading sense to establish a position and to sell the position, and so DCA can still be used with various shitcoins, yet several of the presumptions are likely going to be different in terms of likely having higher needs with shitcoins to time the ins and the outs... and with bitcoin, and any other investment that seems to have decently strong fundamentals, there are fewer needs to time the ins and the outs because there is an ongoing presumption that there prices/values are going to continue to trend upwardly.. .even though even the amount of the Upward trend would not be strongly understood to be known or knowable.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Sim_card

Activity: 476
Merit: 420

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2024, 07:06:31 PM

[edited out]

DCA is not "specifically made for bitcoin," yet there are several ways in which DCA works as a good strategy for bitcoin, including both bitcoin's volatility and the expectation that with the passage of time it is likely to trend upwardly in terms of its price..  Of course, since there are not any guarantees in regards to bitcoin's future prices, we are still largely playing probabilities that bitcoin is going to continue to be a good investment in terms of generally trending up and if not so at least we can regulate our own exposure in terms of how we invest into bitcoin over time using something like DCA.

Part of the problems in terms of suggesting DCA applies to crypto or shitcoins is to presume similar kinds of qualities in the shitcoins in terms of generally trending up, and sure the various shitcoin investors could still use DCA to invest into crypto and/or various shitcoins, but they also either have to do some additional analysis regarding their beliefs of the strength of such coins and/or they may well be using DCA in a trading sense to establish a position and to sell the position, and so DCA can still be used with various shitcoins, yet several of the presumptions are likely going to be different in terms of likely having higher needs with shitcoins to time the ins and the outs... and with bitcoin, and any other investment that seems to have decently strong fundamentals, there are fewer needs to time the ins and the outs because there is an ongoing presumption that there prices/values are going to continue to trend upwardly.. .even though even the amount of the Upward trend would not be strongly understood to be known or knowable.
I agree with you, because DCA method is used for piling up for a purpose, because one might not have that big amount to buy start up the size of our dream investment, but with DCA you can achieve such goal by gradual saving constantly every week and it is always done consecutively. And that is why I was able to understand it fast the first time I joined the forum as a newbie, because I am use to saving a certain amount of my salary when I get paid, and that is how I was able to achieve some valuables that I have now. Like you said it is best done with bitcoin because that is when you achieve its uniqueness due to the compounding profit of bitcoin and the presumption that the odds of the price increasing overtime is high.

But one thing that causes DCA abuse is when you do in a short term investment, it is like you don't want to see your profit big or you don't have bigger plans for something bigger in future and that is why if you DCA on trading, if you sell, you might still regret when bitcoin price pumps higher, or for shitcoin that might end up not lasting in the market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Proty

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2024, 07:22:30 PM

Investment in bitcoin should be for long term perspective and not short term, talking about making profit within intervals of months shouldn't be your target rather how you  can be able to accumulate a reasonable amount of bitcoin in your portfolio and hold for 4 to 10 yrs or more. making immediate profit as you said sound to me more like gambling and not investment.

I_Anime

Activity: 420
Merit: 184

View Profile
June 03, 2024, 07:57:36 PM

Investment in bitcoin should be for long term perspective and not short term, talking about making profit within intervals of months shouldn't be your target rather how you  can be able to accumulate a reasonable amount of bitcoin in your portfolio and hold for 4 to 10 yrs or more. making immediate profit as you said sound to me more like gambling and not investment.

Exactly, and now bitcoin is making some good attempts to rise more which is amazing, and I believe is just warming up soon the main bull run will begin and all we can see at that time will be all green , so we should just continue to buy, buy, buy, and not sell sell sell . Because those who sell will only endup regretting, but those who kept hodling will endup testifying. Because even when there are going to be some dip in market. One thing for sure aslong is Bitcoin is gonna rise back stronger  Wink

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2024, 08:02:21 PM

[edited out]
DCA is not "specifically made for bitcoin," yet there are several ways in which DCA works as a good strategy for bitcoin, including both bitcoin's volatility and the expectation that with the passage of time it is likely to trend upwardly in terms of its price..  Of course, since there are not any guarantees in regards to bitcoin's future prices, we are still largely playing probabilities that bitcoin is going to continue to be a good investment in terms of generally trending up and if not so at least we can regulate our own exposure in terms of how we invest into bitcoin over time using something like DCA.

I agree with you, because DCA method is used for piling up for a purpose, because one might not have that big amount to buy start up the size of our dream investment, but with DCA you can achieve such goal by gradual saving constantly every week and it is always done consecutively. And that is why I was able to understand it fast the first time I joined the forum as a newbie, because I am use to saving a certain amount of my salary when I get paid, and that is how I was able to achieve some valuables that I have now. Like you said it is best done with bitcoin because that is when you achieve its uniqueness due to the compounding profit of bitcoin and the presumption that the odds of the price increasing overtime is high.

But one thing that causes DCA abuse is when you do in a short term investment, it is like you don't want to see your profit big or you don't have bigger plans for something bigger in future and that is why if you DCA on trading, if you sell, you might still regret when bitcoin price pumps higher, or for shitcoin that might end up not lasting in the market.

DCA is going to be quite problematic for any coin or project that is generaly trending downard in its price... One thing about any asset with strong fundamentals would be that even if it is trending downward for very long periods of time, if the fundamentals are strong enough, then the downward trend should end up reversing, and sure it is not guaranteed to reverse, and sometimes we might not know that something is a shitcoin until it never ends up recovering.

Surely there are some shitcoins that end up having second lives, and so there could end up being some value in DCAing into them and then getting out during one of their recovery periods... but yeah, would we call that investing?  Probably we would call it trading and/or gambling... depending on how wild the coin is and if there might be some reasons that the coin/project actually has meaningful/substantial value beyond pumping and dumping.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: