Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 12:20:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Buy Buy or Sell Sell Sell?  (Read 9526 times)
bangjoe

Activity: 1526
Merit: 723

View Profile
August 09, 2024, 04:22:40 PM

Of course it is a bad thing, risking our bitcoins on any exchange in my opinion is not feasible for us who aim to invest long-term, it is possible that they could go bankrupt and take our bitcoins, as happened to other large exchanges in the past, just make it a lesson and don't let us be fooled again in this case, store bitcoins with your own control to be much safer.

Exchange is only made for us to buy and sell bitcoin, more than that I think don't ever be tempted by the percentage of storage on their exchange, it indicates that they lack liquidity in their exchange, you need to think twice if you want to keep betting on it.
I also agree with you, usually the private keys of the wallet are fully under our control, giving you full control over your holdings. If you use a hardware wallet, it is more secure, because it is offline, there is no possibility of losing money in hardware wallet. It is the most secure.

And holding on to the exchange is fraught with risk. Because exchanges don't give you full control over your money. Moreover, the possibility of money being hacked on exchanges is very high. If you want to hold cryptocurrency long-term and security is your main concern, then wallets are more suitable.
Even though we believe that hardware wallets are the most secure wallets for storing bitcoins, make sure you buy first-hand or directly from producers, don't buy second-hand or even third-hand it could be planted with chips to get into your wallet, this is just a form of caution so that the bitcoins we have bought and stored are truly safe.

Don't forget Mt.gox and FTX as a big case for you not to store bitcoins that have been purchased on the exchange as a sign of learning.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tiCeR

Activity: 1820
Merit: 799

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 09, 2024, 07:16:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It doesn't give you lower prices, but it does work as an insurance in both ways and it lets everyone who uses DCA sleep more calmly. But apart from good or bad sleep when someone dumps a lump sum and bitcoin were to take a dive right afterwards, I quickly took this screenshot without any cherry picking and it shows a lot of important information.

I forgot the dollar scale here but bottom is around 16k (Nov 22) and top is around 71k (March 24). What it shows is that I assume many people were hesitant to buy in April and November 21' when BTC was around 65k. Understandable as it peaked and people feel afraid to buy I guess when an asset peaks, but that doesn't mean they are making the right call not to buy. What if it goes straight towards 500k? Those who then decided to get into BTC and went for DCA either on a weekly or monthly basis benefitted from a very long time of low prices. They were able to accumulate BTC =< 30k for almost 33 month with almost 7 month averaging below 20k. It doesn't matter what the price did pretty much, but DCA would have given anyone a good position. If it constantly went up and someone used DCA, position would be good. If it did what it did and someone did DCA for almost 3 years, position would be awesome. If it went sideways all the time, position would be neutral (and probably still good). Never bad sleep.

I remember someone running a thread here telling everyone that he sold the marriage jewelry of his wife to put it all into BTC. This wouldn't quite be what I would recommend (unless your wife severely cheated on you and is going to demand alimentation after divorce anyway).

DCA can be a true investment weapon for someone who isn't as deeply and passionately into the tech and willing to take serious risks, but still understands that this is a train they should hop on.

The last dump is one more example that bitcoin does what it does. It is volatile, it will have its corrections, it will have its irrational movements, it will react to global economic events and data, it will do all the things other assets do plus a little bit more because it is far more complex and far more multifaceted than a usual company stock. 

I don't have any problem with the various discussion points of your post, and surely I agree with your overall conclusion that DCA is a kind of technique that has a lot of benefits; however, I still would like to suggest that DCA ONLY works if the investment asset ultimately goes up in value at the time that a person would want to get out of the investment.

There is not any guarantee that the price of the asset will go up, yet surely some investments are better than others and BTC is surely likely one of the great investments of our time with decently good chances that the prices are going to gravitate in the upward direction in the long term rather than either down or flat.

That's absolutely correct and that is why I took a fairly long time window to show that DCA would have worked even for those who got started at the peak in 2021. It must have felt bad during that downtime from July 2022 to July 2023, but it is exactly the patience and commitment that would have paid off for everyone sticking to a DCA plan.

I know it is not appropriate to use absolute terms like "bitcoin will go up no matter what" etc. But I have read all these articles stating that bitcoin is too volatile for being a currency or bitcoin has no intrinsic value like stocks because it doesn't pay dividends etc. etc. You know the whole list of arguments news outlets or pseudo finance experts bring forward to tell the world how bad bitcoin is. But again and again I am shocked how they approach bitcoin in general. As if it was an asset class similar to a stock or would carry the same risks like many startups during the dotcom bubble. But it is fundamentally different in literally all regards. Many people don't understand what bitcoin's intrinsic value is composed of. I could come up with many characteristics that generate intrinsic value for bitcoin.

Last but not least the network's openness and censorship resistance will become more and more valuable as network effects further enfold with advancing UI technology and bandwidth improvement in less developed areas of the world. When email providers tried to expand their user base by allowing users to interact only with users of the same provider, they quickly realized that this is not going to work out and some of them failed. Walling off their service from the rest of the world didn't work.

Unless some disaster happens on the tech side, the arguments against bitcoin's long-term success (even if only modest success) are pretty slim. It's funny to read how it can't work out as it is too volatile and central banks are an important integral part of a functioning monetary system as they can take whatever measure is needed to bring about stability for the system... Well, it seems quite the opposite is true and I consider the volatility an important part of bitcoin finding its way into the right hands through redistribution as those deciding to stick to it despite (or actually because of) volatility understand the technology better than those who jump ship when it goes 5% up and down. However, everyone, whether weak or strong hand, plays a role in the bitcoin ecosystem.

I am convinced that one day we will be talking about USD cent to satoshi parity.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Issa56

Activity: 1470
Merit: 926

View Profile
August 09, 2024, 07:38:03 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Nheer (1)

Those that wait for a dip to happen first before they can invest really don't understand how Bitcoin works and maybe didn't get a good education about Bitcoin and how the investment works, why wait for a dip that may never happen, I know of someone that always wait for a dip to happen first before he buys Bitcoin right now as I'm speaking to you he has not gotten anywhere in his Bitcoin accumulation.
Whenever I see people saying they are waiting for a dip before they invest, then I do think those people don’t really have the mindset to invest in bitcoin, they just say it, and no matter how bitcoin dumps, some of them won’t still be investing in bitcoin, they will always keep on waiting for more crashes before they invest. If you really want to invest in bitcoin, the best strategy is DCA. You don’t have to wait till the bitcoin price dumps before you invest, but when there is a crash in the market and you have more money with you, you can just make use of the opportunity to accumulate more.

The bitcoin price is not so high that you will have to wait for a crash before you invest. Don’t be surprised that when you expect a crash in the market, that’s when the market will start pumping.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 10712

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 09, 2024, 11:06:19 PM

Well I can not wait for getting my next salary check this week. After I pay off some of my expenses and spend some money on a birthday gift for my dear friend, I know am going to add more sats to my portfolio.

We can see this correction in price for a bad thing or for a good thing. If you are 'bullish' like I am well then you can take advantage of these cheap coins like I am going to do. We must make the best out of this bad position and just HODL.
The dip is only for people who are prepared for it and not for those who don't bother about it because it comes like a thief in the night when no one is expecting it. It might be that before you will take your paycheck this week, you might not see this current price and that is why a new investor does not need to bother about the dip because it will come and go when you don't expect it.

People who are planning for the dip are those bitcoin investors who have kept their reserve funds for the dip and those investors who are on their regular DCA buying every week or monthly because they are in their early stage in bitcoin and will surely buy bitcoin at different market price.
You are right and that has now made it paramount to know by all investors that the dip will not always come when you expect it, you don’t have to be waiting for it because it may or may never come your way or when you’re ready for it. Those that always take advantage of the dip are those that have enough money reserved for it before it even comes. The DCA method is a good way to accumulate a lot of bitcoin in your savings but if you’re able to also buy the dip when it is at its peak, you’ll gather enough that someone that does DCA wouldn’t have.

The DCA strategy is always proposed for those that have a lot of time to to accumulate bitcoin and don’t have the funds all at once to put in them, it is also encouraged to not buy all at once and do DCA in order to accumulate and get the average buy of bitcoin at a very much lower price. The times of the downtrend in the market is always the longest time and if you’ve been taking advantage of it through the DCA method, you would have had enough now and a much lower average price for a buy of bitcoin and the dip won’t scare you off.
DCA does not give you lower prices, and also holding back money waiting for the dip does not guarantee that you will end up geting more BTC or even getting the BTC that you get at lower prices.  In the whole scheme of things, those waiting for dips may well end up being disadvantaged by employing that tactic, unless they are merely using a buying the dip tactic to supplement an already existing DCA strategy while realizing that their buy the dips may or may not end up getting executed and the buying the dips might not even make enough of a difference to make it worth it to employ buy the dip strategies.

Once a person has accumulated a lot of bitcoin and becomes a bit indifferent about whether he has enough or not, such person might have more luxury to wait to buy on dips since he already has a decently good sized stash of bitcoin in light of his overall financial circumstances.
Overall, you should prioritise your DCA strategy while not hoping to get to buy at the dip when a dip comes in the market. Since nothing is certain in the market and you can’t tell when you can always see a dip in the market, you should focus on continuing your DCA strategy to reach your target. Before reaching that target or even after reaching that target, you can get an opportunity that the dip comes around and you can stack as much bitcoin as possible depending on the finance at hand. What I understand in the context of this all is that, follow your DCA strategy and when you’re able to reach your target quickly before the dips comes or after a dip, you can take advantage of the dip if you’re not satisfy with what you have yet in your portfolio or take advantage of it to reach your portfolio target quickly. Supplementing them both is good, DCA is always available to employ but the dip comes once in a while.

It seems to me that you are having some troubles with the idea of DCA.  Yeah, maybe you understand the idea sufficiently, yet the point that I am trying to make is that it takes a fucking long time to build up a bitcoin portfolio, and it probably is not going to help a large number of people (especially relatively poor people) to be fucking around worrying about bitcoin prices or trying to figure out whether or not there is a dip or how much of a dip there is or not, and whether the BTC price is going to dip more or not or whether the BTC price is going to go up.

Most likely many BTC accumulators are going to be way better off by just concentrating on keeping their finances in order and figuring out how much BTC they can buy with their weekly disposable income and just continue to buy every week no matter what for the next 4-10 years or even longer. 

Sure, as a newbie, you can continue to study the bitcoin market to attempt to learn more and more about various aspects of bitcoin including potentially getting some senses of bitcoin's price performance and/or price movements, yet you likely need to be accumulating bitcoin fairly aggressive, for more than a whole cycle before you might even be close to being ready to be adjusting your BTC accumulation strategy away from just buying regularly.  But yeah, whatever, it is up to you if you want to try to fuck around trying to figure out if there is going to be a dip or not and if you might want to wait with some of your BTC purchases, rather than just making sure that you are buying BTC regularly and also that maybe you are figuring out ways to either increase your income or to cut your expenses so that you have more disposable income in order to buy more bitcoin on a regular basis no matter if you believe that the BTC price is up or down or sideways.

Holding our coins in non-custodian wallets is still the same thing as staking if we maintain the discipline of not touching it the only difference is that apart form the increase in the value there is no extra reward in terms of quantity in the amount of holdings.
Holding bitcoin in a self-custodial wallet is different from staking bitcoin on a centralized exchange. Before you can stake bitcoin on a centralized exchange, you need to move your bitcoin to the centralized exchange where you want to stake it, which will give the centralized exchange access to your bitcoin, and your bitcoin will be at risk because you don't have access to the private key. The centralized exchange team can cook up a cock and bull story that their exchange was hacked and they lost all their assets to the hackers just for them to steal your bitcoin without you suspecting them. Holding bitcoin in a self-custodial wallet gives you full control over your bitcoin, and nobody can tell you any false story about your bitcoin because you are in charge of the private key.
Anything that has to do with leaving your funds in an exchange is already a red flag to me. You have lost all control of your funds and you should be ready to face the consequences of that. There are exchanges that have reputation but after big exchanges with such reputation fall scammed what more else do you need to be convinced that exchange is not the right place to leave your funds in. Haven’t heard of the likes of Mt. Gotz and FTM, they were top exchanges and now have fall scam and have stopped existing. If you want to have a clear mind and to be free of doubts about your money, keep it safe with you with your keys provided by the self-custody wallet you’ve saved them in.

If you are buying $10 of bitcoin per week, then you might want to wait several weeks, even maybe up to a year before you transfer your bitcoin to a private wallet in order that you are managing your UTXOs more responsibly.  It would not be a good thing for folks to be transferring a whole bunch of small transactions to their private wallets and then years down the road realize that their UTXOs are quite small and they are having to use a lot of fees in order to spend them.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Fara Chan

Activity: 1400
Merit: 574

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 05:26:22 AM

Well, I think the line should be drawn here between trading and investing, people who take on short term profits in Bitcoin should be regarded as mere trades and not investors. I believe every investment has some guidelines with which to maximize your dividends. In Bitcoin, long term investment is the most significant investment guideline to higher profits, so if you're not keeping your coins for a longer period of time, you're simply not investing and what word can we use for folks like that, fucking traders.

It pains me when misguided traders are being referred as investors, and we know from history that traders don't get the best out of their Bitcoin journey, but investors takes the bigger bite off the cake.

Although what you said is not wrong at all, we should also not use the word damn to traders because they also contribute in moving the market and the price of coins in the market even though the goal is to have profits. And in terms of achieving a profit, it also always varies from one person to another because it is influenced by the level of desire that is different in each person. I also often separate the two activities for each person because investors are not too focused on small profits in the short term even though most of the investors themselves buy more often in order to be able to accumulate their own ownership.

While traders are just people who focus more on short-term profits with not too many profits so that some people consider them as people who have hot hands who cannot hold Bitcoin in the long term. But I will not call them assholes because they also have their own rights for what they do and even if they have to regret their own actions, of course they also do not blame others for this.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Rabata

Activity: 854
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 07:47:54 AM

Those that wait for a dip to happen first before they can invest really don't understand how Bitcoin works and maybe didn't get a good education about Bitcoin and how the investment works, why wait for a dip that may never happen, I know of someone that always wait for a dip to happen first before he buys Bitcoin right now as I'm speaking to you he has not gotten anywhere in his Bitcoin accumulation.
Whenever I see people saying they are waiting for a dip before they invest, then I do think those people don’t really have the mindset to invest in bitcoin, they just say it, and no matter how bitcoin dumps, some of them won’t still be investing in bitcoin, they will always keep on waiting for more crashes before they invest. If you really want to invest in bitcoin, the best strategy is DCA. You don’t have to wait till the bitcoin price dumps before you invest, but when there is a crash in the market and you have more money with you, you can just make use of the opportunity to accumulate more.

The bitcoin price is not so high that you will have to wait for a crash before you invest. Don’t be surprised that when you expect a crash in the market, that’s when the market will start pumping.

Yes, if someone is too worried about the market crash before investing in Bitcoin then he should realize that he is getting greedy before investing which he shouldn't. There are many people who wait without buying bitcoins and some others cannot buy bitcoins. Bitcoin is sometimes bullish during the period when investors wait for higher returns and the price goes up and those investors are disappointed. If you decide to buy bitcoins then don't wait and start buying now.

In this situation if DCA can be done then on one hand it is possible to reduce the price difference and on the other hand investors can buy bitcoins and increase its amount which is beneficial to the investors from both sides. Instead of focusing on the price of Bitcoin, the investor should focus on accumulation. Emotional areas should be controlled with firmness. If you avoid selling Bitcoin due to small profit or fear of price crash, it is definitely possible to hold Bitcoin investment for a long time.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
avp2306

Activity: 1092
Merit: 380

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 09:11:49 AM

Its like they are joking around and say about that since maybe they think they look cool with saying that, but when the time came they didn't do any action since they get afraid on that dumping situation.

If they are really interested about investing on bitcoin for sure buying at dip will never be their main concern. Since as we notice that most of long term holders didn't actually care about the price of bitcoin and they just bought their share whatever price of bitcoin currently showing to them. The best strategy which already been mentioned for many times is DCA and if those people who's new and interested to invest with bitcoin for long term could able to use that, provably that everything what they do will became good and according to their set plan.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
SuperBitMan

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 02:59:27 PM

Well, I think the line should be drawn here between trading and investing, people who take on short term profits in Bitcoin should be regarded as mere trades and not investors. I believe every investment has some guidelines with which to maximize your dividends. In Bitcoin, long term investment is the most significant investment guideline to higher profits, so if you're not keeping your coins for a longer period of time, you're simply not investing and what word can we use for folks like that, fucking traders.

It pains me when misguided traders are being referred as investors, and we know from history that traders don't get the best out of their Bitcoin journey, but investors takes the bigger bite off the cake.

Although what you said is not wrong at all, we should also not use the word damn to traders because they also contribute in moving the market and the price of coins in the market even though the goal is to have profits. And in terms of achieving a profit, it also always varies from one person to another because it is influenced by the level of desire that is different in each person. I also often separate the two activities for each person because investors are not too focused on small profits in the short term even though most of the investors themselves buy more often in order to be able to accumulate their own ownership.

While traders are just people who focus more on short-term profits with not too many profits so that some people consider them as people who have hot hands who cannot hold Bitcoin in the long term. But I will not call them assholes because they also have their own rights for what they do and even if they have to regret their own actions, of course they also do not blame others for this.
Yeah one don't have to insult traders or call them names because of the part they have chosen, a lot of Bitcoin investors who are now into Long time Bitcoin investment were once on short time Bitcoin investment.
As time goes on some traders will change, the more you stay the more experience you become.
Even those who only wait for dip before they invest, a lot of them will change strategy, as long as one is involve in Bitcoin investment one will definitely change investment strategy at some point in the future and so no one should insult anyone.
The reason why this forum is created is for us to share ideas about Bitcoin, some may read a reply post here and then fine the post useful and then decide to use such idea that was passed, and that is what will should be doing passing ideas and not insulting someone.
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 308
Merit: 143

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 03:30:41 PM

The people that are the real bitcoiners are very few, the rest are just procrastinators basically because they feel the price of Bitcoin is too high for them to buy that is why they keep waiting for a DIP and end up not buying at last. If someone is seeing Bitcoin price as too high for them to buy now then what will happen when the price eventually reaches $100k, does it mean there won't be people that will still buy Bitcoin then? So far as Bitcoin continues to gain popularity that is how there will be every possibility of the price to skyrocket because if more people invest in Bitcoin and HODL it will have more value than every other assets and that is how it will also influence it's price so anyone who is really determined to invest in Bitcoin don't need to wait for a DIP before they make entry, they can just buy at any price so far as they have a source of income to always DCA and are able to HODL for a long time, at some point they can still have the opportunity of buying at a DIP price while using the DCA.

I have experienced this situation in the past and I learnt my lessons because I was basically i felt the price was too high and I was waiting for the price to DIP but before I knew it the price started pumping continuously and I wasn't able to buy again so what I do now is to buy Bitcoin with any disposable income I have got.

DubemIfedigbo001

Activity: 392
Merit: 280

Let love lead

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2024, 05:14:47 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2024, 05:50:31 PM by DubemIfedigbo001

Yeah one don't have to insult traders or call them names because of the part they have chosen, a lot of Bitcoin investors who are now into Long time Bitcoin investment were once on short time Bitcoin investment.
As time goes on some traders will change, the more you stay the more experience you become.
Even those who only wait for dip before they invest, a lot of them will change strategy, as long as one is involve in Bitcoin investment one will definitely change investment strategy at some point in the future and so no one should insult anyone.
The reason why this forum is created is for us to share ideas about Bitcoin, some may read a reply post here and then fine the post useful and then decide to use such idea that was passed, and that is what will should be doing passing ideas and not insulting someone.
Well, I'd love to clear the air on this, I never insulted traders or intended to do so because they're an undeniable integral part of the crypto world. I was only referring to people who claim to be investigated in Bitcoin and harvest their investments for short term gains, I was stressing the point that they've limited information regarding the right patterns to employ while accumulating Bitcoin. I was only creating the distinction between real investors and traders.

I trade too seldomly, although not Bitcoin, but I trade, so I can't be insulting myself.  Traders are important because when they sell, most investors buy and the markets are sustained by the activities of traders and investors alike, so everybody is important.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Jewan420

Activity: 168
Merit: 92

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2024, 05:35:57 PM

Well, I'd love to clear the air on this, I never insulted traders or intended to do so because they're an undeniable integral part of the crypto world. I was only referring to people who claim to be investigated in Bitcoin and harvest their investments for short term gains, I was stressing the point that they've limited information regarding the right patterns to employ while accumulating Bitcoin. I was only creating the distinction between real investors and traders.

I trade too seldomly, although not Bitcoin, but I trade, so I can't be insulting myself.  Traders are important because when they sell, most investors buy and the markets are are sustained by the activities of traders and investors alike, so everybody is important.

I personally don't look down on traders. Traders also have a role to play in keeping the crypto market moving. However, since the trade is very risky and the potential for loss is high, I do not recommend advising anyone to trade on the risk side. Whether a person can profit from trading is his personal opinion. But keep in mind, trade tides are equivalent and very risky. Anyone interested in trading should do so at their own risk and risk. In this respect, long-term Bitcoin investment is the opposite. Long-term investments have very low probability of loss and can be considered risk-free, even investing is not compared to tides. This is a positive aspect of investing.

[   P r e d X   ]          Multichains Prediction Market Powered by AI
/●  Politics    /●  Crypto    /●  Sports    /●  Stocks    /●  AI    /●  Others
███████████████     P L A Y   N O W     ███████████████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 10712

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 06:12:03 PM

I trade too seldomly, although not Bitcoin, but I trade, so I can't be insulting myself.  Traders are important because when they sell, most investors buy and the markets are sustained by the activities of traders and investors alike, so everybody is important.

Sure traders are important for price discovery and various aspects of having markets, but still there is nothing wrong with throwing out a few insults in their direction, especially since there are quite a few traders pumping their bullshit, and trying to act like trading is superior to investing, and even if there are ways to make more money with trading rather than investing, trading takes quite a bit  more skills and seems to be a bad idea with bitcoin - even though surely there are always going to be traders and gamblers and people with bad ideas who are trying to pump their bullshit bad ideas onto others as if newbies should get into bitcoin and start trading bitcoin when trading takes way more skills (and different kinds of skills) as compared with investing.

Some of my best friends are traders.

That does not mean that they know what the fuck they are doing or that they should be pumping their nonsense onto others, and even many traders cannot help themselves in terms of their trading when they probably should not be, for their own good.

There are some folks who don't have any other source of income, so they have to live off their trades, and even if they can figure out ways to be profitable, it becomes even more difficult if anyone believes that they are going to live off of their trades - and especially if they don't even have a lot of capital with which to work.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Woodie

Activity: 1904
Merit: 885

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2024, 06:17:33 PM

The fact that am always reading about missed opportunities to invest in Bitcoin or crypto in general, I think the best advice will always be a Buy Buy Buy (crypto blind follower Tongue)!!!
And already price had in the last couple of weeks experienced a bloodbath and crypto enthusiasts expected price to continue on this path...and if you were that kind of investor that went the DCA it would given you some short time profits in no time proving the "buy buy buy" strategy works as I see it to be some kind of hedging!!!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Ruttoshi

Activity: 420
Merit: 341

Baba God Noni

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 06:33:01 PM

The fact that am always reading about missed opportunities to invest in Bitcoin or crypto in general,I think the best advice will always be a Buy Buy Buy (crypto blind follower Tongue)!!!
And already price had in the last couple of weeks experienced a bloodbath and crypto enthusiasts expected price to continue on this path...and if you were that kind of investor that went the DCA it would given you some short time profits in no time proving the "buy buy buy" strategy works as I see it to be some kind of hedging!!!
The bolded part can be misleading to newbies and they will think that bitcoin and shitcoins have the same potential which is not true.

You don't need to classify bitcoin with  altcoins because they are not the same, only bitcoin is worth investing in and hodli for a long period of time. There is no missed opportunity investing in shitcoins and it is even better not to invest in them or think of investing in them as a new investor who has plans to increase his bitcoin portfolio through DCA method with his regular buying weekly or monthly to build and grow his bitcoin investment overtime.

It is useless to DCA on shitcoin that will burn you because it is just like you putting your money on gambling frequently thinking that you are investing unknown to you that you are gambling. Some gamblers will say that they are investing for the latter when they are throwing their money into gambling to make huge profit by hitting the jackpot soon which are fallacies.

This is same with DCAing with shitcoin, because they don't have the potential to survive the market in the long run and investment should be done in a long-term so that it can reach a stage that it be providing profits for the investor after a long time. This is where bitcoin stands as an investment because it needs patience for one to benefit from it overtime.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Issa56

Activity: 1470
Merit: 926

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 07:29:05 PM

Its like they are joking around and say about that since maybe they think they look cool with saying that, but when the time came they didn't do any action since they get afraid on that dumping situation.
In the market, nobody knows how low the bitcoin price will go before it’s going to bounce back. No matter how low the bitcoin price goes, they will always have the mindset that it’s going to dump more until the bitcoin price movement changes direction, and most of them will end up regretting why they didn’t invest when bitcoin drops to a particular price. Since nobody knows how low bitcoin is going to go, then make use of the DCA strategy and accumulate. If you are scared of dumps in the market, then it’s better you just stay away from crypto because you can’t avoid it.

If they are really interested about investing on bitcoin for sure buying at dip will never be their main concern.
When you want to join crypto, you should know about the volatility, so you are supposed to be prepared for it. Whenever there is a dip, we are supposed to take advantage of it and accumulate more. Not that we should panic, but we should know that the dip is an opportunity that we are supposed to utilize.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
I_Anime

Activity: 476
Merit: 200

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 08:38:53 PM

The fact that am always reading about missed opportunities to invest in Bitcoin or crypto in general, I think the best advice will always be a Buy Buy Buy (crypto blind follower Tongue)!!!

Sorry to say you are literally going of with the crypto in general . Because in this thread we are talking mainly about bitcoin , So using the term crypto may sound misleading especially to newbies here . And most of us here are familiar with the up and down trend that normally place in market , so yeah there is no guarantees that the price will continue to go up .

But it ain`t going to stop us to keep accumulating more bitcoin and hold . And that`s the reason we keep encouraging others  to hold bitcoin than to waste time  and resources in some shitcoins. Because base on bitcoin past event , we have seen a scenario whereby bitcoin experience a massive dip , that alot folks lost hope that bitcoin may not bounce back, but look now bitcoin always keep on bouncing back way stronger and we believe it haven`t gotten to its peak yet, so there`s still enough room for growth . So is better to hop in now to not miss this life changing opportunity .  

Onyeeze

Activity: 602
Merit: 181

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 09:13:30 PM

the essence of us buying Bitcoin when the price decreases if because we really want to make a profit for the investment but I know quite well not many people that invest in Bitcoin always think of making a profit and the known of them is interested to experience a logs for the process of bitcoin investment that is why most of us who invest in Bitcoin do target the time the price of Bitcoin will it decrease so that when them purchase they will be at the positive side of cryptocurrency investment, so I think that's the reason why people always like to invest in bitcoin during the time the price decreases in the market

Frankolala

Activity: 798
Merit: 558

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 09:24:06 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2024, 09:42:43 PM by Frankolala

the essence of us buying Bitcoin when the price decreases if because we really want to make a profit for the investment but I know quite well not many people that invest in Bitcoin always think of making a profit and the known of them is interested to experience a logs for the process of bitcoin investment that is why most of us who invest in Bitcoin do target the time the price of Bitcoin will it decrease so that when them purchase they will be at the positive side of cryptocurrency investment, so I think that's the reason why people always like to invest in bitcoin during the time the price decreases in the market
You sound more like a trader Onyeeze and you should be more specific with the word bitcoin,that is why you are bothered about buying when the price of bitcoin is at the dip. Waiting for the dip is the worst thing that a new investor will think of doing because he is not helping himself with waiting instead of buying immediately he has the money to invest.

What if the dip did not come will you say that you will not invest in bitcoin and you will keep waiting till infinity, it means that you will not be able to get a good size of bitcoin stash because waiting for the dip will only limit the opportunity that the market brings to us and also your bitcoin stash.

New investors should focus more on buying bitcoin with DCA method regularly and persistently in order for them to grow and build their bitcoin portfolio overtime. With DCA, you have the opportunity to buy bitcoin irrespective of the price and even at the bottom line of the dip unknown to you because your DCA is buying is ongoing.

Only investors who their bitcoin portfolio have reached a certain level and feel that waiting for the dip will not be a problem for them that buying at the dip is good for them because DCA buying might not add any significant impact on their bitcoin portfolio.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ndabagi01

Activity: 672
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 10:25:31 PM

More percentage of people investing in bitcoin are for the profits. An investment purpose is to make profit and if investors are not doing it for that, they could have as well invest in some assets that has no potential value in the future. So I disagree that some investors are not making investments for the profits and are just doing the investment just to experience logs in the process.

Also, waiting for bitcoin to decrease in price before buying bitcoin is not a commendable idea. The market is very volatile and at the same time very uncertain. The price you’re scared of buying bitcoin today and you’re hoping for it to decrease in price might be the last time bitcoin will trade at that price, so that makes it important to start buying bitcoin immediately you’re ready with your funds to start the purchase.

DCAing will help and it won’t make you regret not starting to buy at the time you were ready. The price goes up and down and at every price it fluctuates to, using your DCA strategy you can get to buy at those prices and that could help to neutralize for the times you bought at higher price. This method is not perfect either and doesn’t guarantee you’ll get it at the best prices to have more bitcoin. This will only help not to miss some important opportunities that may never come again and that which you won’t regret that you never let it slide by.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Zaguru12

Activity: 784
Merit: 912

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2024, 10:56:19 PM

There are some folks who don't have any other source of income, so they have to live off their trades, and even if they can figure out ways to be profitable, it becomes even more difficult if anyone believes that they are going to live off of their trades - and especially if they don't even have a lot of capital with which to work.

In as much as I don’t agree with some things about traders that you said I will say this is spot on, I have always been an advocate that should you be a trader today and putting in efforts to get the knowledge of trading like technical analysis and fundamentals with others i will say apply same energy to getting large amounts of funds to trade, people will say once you have risk management you can start with little capital, yes i can’t debunk that claim but over many times it is usually hard to grow the kind to any substantial amount. The traders with even more funds to trade or spare easily have better trading plan like holding trade during loss or allowing to hit the TP than those who have little funds. So even extra source of income is definitely needed rather than been a full blown daily trader.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: