Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:39:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Unofficial) [ANN] Litecoin [LTC] to X11 algorithm hardfork  (Read 68434 times)
kocur

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:43:18 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 02:07:27 AM by kocur

And I thing X11 for regular ltc is not good idea. Ltc is fine now, when the price jump up thanks to asics, more X11 alts will come. Thats good for GPUs future. There is new ltc for gpus - HIRO
And really decentralized network is no ASIC network, because no one can buy it "right now" /pre-orders, late delivery etc./ compare with GPUs, and ROI at invest $10,000 is discutable, if you'r not a manufacturer Smiley
Time to look at PoS coins like communitycoin, I thing big potential coin .)

Kocur. Please explain to me how pre-orders or late deliveries causes coins to become centralized.

-- For the sake of niceness... Pretty please
I mean decentralized network, not coins. And because you dont have any TITAN at this time, but knc yes .)
While forgotten gpu miners r still on scrypt, other gets huge hashes for a buck. Its about it...

First I mean coins as in any coin's hashrate at the moment.

I could simply end this argument by pointing you at BitCoin and saying... its decentralized... its completely ASIC. Argument finished. But.. here is a rant if you want.

Knc isn't the only company producing Asics for scrypt. They are also only one company and there production cannot take 51% of the global hashrate for LiteCoin or DogeCoin.. or hell WorldCoin.

Also I ordered asics from GridSeed. And I have them running now. So... although i did experience unexpected delays I do not feel that is because Hashra wants to take 51% of the hashing power to rule the LTC world! MUAHAHAHAHAAH... cough cough

Lets say you only do mining with a GPU only coin. Lets get the scenario set.
1. The difficulty will always rise. (Just like BTC and LTC)
2. The price rises over time... in theory but has bumps along there way. (Just like BTC and LTC)
3. The price also doesn't rise in direct proportion to the diff. (Just like BTC and LTC)

You mine with your GPUs.
You have 12 of them.
You can space currently for 12 more. Any more and you would have to either move your setup or pay for an electrician for more AMPs and better cooling.
The diff keeps going up.
You keep adding more.
You like many other people run out of space and/or power and/or effect way to cool.
The diff keeps rising
The diff keeps rising
... rising.... rising
How does it keep rising?
Two things...
1. People keep adopting the coin and they setup there own 12+ cards.
2. There are people out there that have there own mini datacenters with 100s of cards. These people have money.. and time.
Eventually it becomes more and more unpractical to mine with your GPUs with this coin. You move on to another coin.
Eventually the mass majority of miners left on that coin are the ones with piss tons of GPUs. That is not very decentralized.

If you say... "Wait the price will go up too. So my 24 card rig would still make money right?". Will it make more money then perhaps a different coin? If you where to shift with others wouldn't that be a sign that your coin isn't stable?

But more notably. Diff DOES NOT EFFECT PRICE! Or at least not heavily. Trading amounts and adoption effect price. The more trades normally means the price will rise. BitCoin rose and fell not with its diff (although the diff has rose) the price rose with a massive adoption and interest in the coin, mostly in China. The diff and the price of wattage helps to keep the price from dropping below a certain point. And it also helps to rise the price. But it only a minor effect in comparison to say.. rumors of China changing there policy on crypocurrancy. That can cause price drops... huge ones.

Here is an analogy:
Say you want to get into the mover business. Its awesome. You can make money on the side and you can use equipment you already own and take care of. Other people catch onto the idea for some spare cash and its really exciting. You have your car to help move stuff and you get paid for it.

Well time goes by and more people want to get into it. They see it as a way to make more money. Not just on the side. So they go out and buy a truck. Trucks are much more fuel efficient. You see your car may get twice.. nearly 3 times the fuel economy. But because its a small car you have to make 10 trips. The Truck only 1 thus more efficient. And because you have to take 10 trips the guy with the Truck can get many more jobs before you even get one finished.

Before you know it its hard to find even a single job because everyone around now has Trucks. So what do you do? Do you buy a Truck or do you complain that everyone else has one?

Well of course you complain that everyone else has a Truck but you do not.

But it gets worse. You see there are lots of people out there interested in the mover business now. You are a trend starter! But they look at your car and wonder why? Its more expensive. It may have low upfront cost, but it has low long term returns. It may be a nicer starter point to test the waters so to speak. But it is not a solid long term investment.

Because of this the mover business isn't taken seriously and wide adoption isn't excepted. (This is where the analogy really breaks up... but yeah its not perfect) Without being taken seriously the system can never grow beyond a certain point. It can be a great tool to fight the man or the banking system if you are in a 3rd world country. Or Spain whose youth pretty much blame the Banks for being assholes. But thats about it.

All you have to do is look at BitCoin to see how awesome ASICs are to the little guy. Right now I can buy an ANT Miner S1 for roughly 400 bucks with shipping included! It will arrive at my doorstep before the end of the week. (I buy from BitMain directly and I always get them in roughly 3 to 4 days later). There current return in investment is about 60 days! You CANNOT do that with GPUs. A new R9 280x from newegg is not going to get you that kinda ROI with almost any coin. And if it does the longer that Coin is around the less the ROI will be for mining it. Rise in diff being faster then the rise in price.

If someone wanted to get them selves into mining I would point them in that direction. They are cheap, you can buy them and get them within days. And there ROI is quick. Oh... one more then... you dont have to learn a bunch of crazy computer stuff. No Linux.. no windows... riser cards whats that? I have to short the A1 and B17 pins on a PCI 1x slot.. i didn't even know that was hot swappable! Compile what you say? Or... can you browse the web? Good you can setup a dam Ant Miner S1 none of that other noise. Congrats you are mining. You can put easily 5+ or 10+ in your house without changing a dam thing.

ASICs empowers new comers. (Makes it easy by putting into one package)
ASICs is cheaper. (400 bucks after shipping is about the same price or only a little more then a R9 280x which doesn't give you as much)
ASICs improves centralization by giving everyone the ability to scale there mining operation. And if you are running out of power in your house using ASICs then at that point you are easily making enough money to go Colo.

GPUs where not made for mining. They where made for graphics. They demand a lot more power. It is simply better to use a device/tool for what it was meant for.  What needs to be focused on is the coin features and technology itself. Not how its "mined" or "minted".

Its a noble idea to let people use equipment they already own to help them make more money. But the truth is that most miners and any serious miners are people who are already in one way or another in the techy/nerdy field. You are not empowering the world. Just a bunch of nerdy geeky people... like myself. And that isn't going to change. The daily user of BTC/LTC/X11 shouldn't need to mine. They simply use the currency.

Again on my soap box but focus should be on things like BitCoin 2.0. Or new ideas like Poof of Stake or multi-algorithm coins. That try to help deal with some of the possible pitfalls of the current coins. BitCoin is only an idea. And the idea still needs work. That should be the focus.

And... I just wasted 30 minutes of my life... *sigh* why internet... why.
thanks for your 30 mins Smiley

just little correction with your antminer

ANTMINER S1 Dual Blades Spec
Hash rate: 180 GH/s
Power consumption: about 360 W from the wall

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

check this caclulator

there is more than 172 days and still -0,2 btc. Imagine ROI. 200 days + And during these 200+ days will diff rising and rising, so because of that I dont wanna buy any asic. Its pure pyramide game. Only real smart profit has manufacturers, other can just keep mined coins and wait for price growing. Its way too, everyone's choice

Community Coin: Fair & Free Distribution

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:57:49 AM

Why buy asics if mining with them isn't profitable unless you're the manufacturer smart ass?

I won't bother posting anymore, people in here need to get an MRI scan.

This. The only people who make any real money off ASICs are the manufacturers of them. By the time they sell them on to the public they're practically worthless.

"ASICs put power in the hands of the little guy!" LOL, there's one born every minute.

That $400 S1 Antminer will never pay for itself. Neither will the Titan when KnC have finished mining with it and flog it on to you suckers. For people in the money game it's amazing how many of you can't do simple math.
orcephrye

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:08:08 AM

You have some valid points but 60 day roi...really?

Fixed difficulty in your calculations or what?

Here:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=180.00&p=350.00&pc=0.11&pf=1&d=5006860589.20540000&r=25.00000000&er=487.39000000&hc=460

check this caclulator

there is more than 172 days and still -0,2 btc. Imagine ROI. 200 days + And during these 200+ days will diff raising and raising, so because of that I dont wanna buy any asic. Its pure pyramide game. Only real smart profit has manufacturers, other can just keep mined coins and wait for price growing. Its way too, everyone's choice

You are most welcome! ^.^

And I just got 4 in this week. On BTCGuild they have made a little less then 1/6th of the BTC back that I spent on them already and its been 5 1/2 days so far. So.. yeah.. been mining with those things pretty well. Although power wise not so good. I also got CoinTerras. Those...are... beautiful. ^.^
kocur

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:19:00 AM

Here:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=180.00&p=350.00&pc=0.11&pf=1&d=5006860589.20540000&r=25.00000000&er=487.39000000&hc=460

check this caclulator

there is more than 172 days and still -0,2 btc. Imagine ROI. 200 days + And during these 200+ days will diff raising and raising, so because of that I dont wanna buy any asic. Its pure pyramide game. Only real smart profit has manufacturers, other can just keep mined coins and wait for price growing. Its way too, everyone's choice

And I just got 4 in this week. On BTCGuild they have made a little less then 1/6th of the BTC back that I spent on them already and its been 5 1/2 days so far. So.. yeah.. been mining with those things pretty well. Although power wise not so good. I also got CoinTerras. Those...are... beautiful. ^.^
congrats, but be sure that within 40 days you'll have just 25% daily income from now
calc on coinwarz sucks
did you look at calc I posted ?

louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:21:09 AM

I would like to see that happenning!

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
hisun

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:30:40 AM

for ltc,  very good news.
jackyhui

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:33:11 AM

Sounds good. LTC need as many as possible people to take part in. ASIC resistance should be necessary, otherwise, LTC will lose lots of people. This can also prevent 51% attack.
orcephrye

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:38:08 AM

Here:

check this caclulator

congrats, but be sure that within 40 days you'll have just 25% daily income from now
calc on coinwarz sucks

I did. However I would like to note a few things.
1. The start date needs to be -5. (Which is important)
2. I bought these before the lastest massive price drop. I bought them like 10 or 11 days ago when BTC was actually over 600 and looking like it was finally over all that MtGox crap. The bitcoinwisdom doesn't account for possible increases in price. I wont sell my coin with the current price. So change the calc to -5 adn price of 600. And you see an ROI of 63 days. ^.^

Another thing to point out is how long it will take to get back the BTC. Never minding its value. The idea is. If I am setting on some BTC waiting till its value is high so I can sell it for whatever reason. Lets say its hookers and blow. Is there something I can do to increase the amount I already have? The only to ways I know is to either one mine more. Or two do micro trading or something along those lines. I attempt to do both. It would take roughly 114 days according to bitcoinwisdom to get the amount of coin back again. But I can still keep mining. In fact before it becomes completely pointless to mine with my current rig. I am going to get roughly a whole coin out of it! ^.^ So I was setting on 3.5ish coin. 6 months from now I will have 4.5 and power costs not with standing I got a who other btc.

Is this the best way to make money.  Nah going to school, getting an education, and whoring yourself out to people is the best way to make money. But its a fun hobby!

Although its a risk of course. Will the price really rise again? I assume that it will. And I can afford it (the running cost of these miners is like 35 bucks a month)

But thanks for your updates and unlike some people on the interwebs not simply calling me a nazi fagot from the moon and i need to take my meds or something like that. :-P
kocur

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:46:29 AM

I have to repost this from MaGNeT Smiley Imagine that you've got few titans right now:) and compare earnings, I thing ROI within few days...

This is what will happen when the market is flooded with scrypt ASIC's.
It's the reason why algo's like X11 will be sole survivors in just a few months from now:

http://cnc.blocksolved.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

kocur

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:51:56 AM

Here:

check this caclulator

calc on coinwarz sucks

I did. However I would like to note a few things.
1. The start date needs to be -5. (Which is important)
2. I bought these before the lastest massive price drop. I bought them like 10 or 11 days ago when BTC was actually over 600 and looking like it was finally over all that MtGox crap. The bitcoinwisdom doesn't account for possible increases in price. I wont sell my coin with the current price. So change the calc to -5 adn price of 600. And you see an ROI of 63 days. ^.^

Another thing to point out is how long it will take to get back the BTC. Never minding its value. The idea is. If I am setting on some BTC waiting till its value is high so I can sell it for whatever reason. Lets say its hookers and blow. Is there something I can do to increase the amount I already have? The only to ways I know is to either one mine more. Or two do micro trading or something along those lines. I attempt to do both. It would take roughly 114 days according to bitcoinwisdom to get the amount of coin back again. But I can still keep mining. In fact before it becomes completely pointless to mine with my current rig. I am going to get roughly a whole coin out of it! ^.^ So I was setting on 3.5ish coin. 6 months from now I will have 4.5 and power costs not with standing I got a who other btc.

Is this the best way to make money.  Nah going to school, getting an education, and whoring yourself out to people is the best way to make money. But its a fun hobby!

Although its a risk of course. Will the price really rise again? I assume that it will. And I can afford it (the running cost of these miners is like 35 bucks a month)

But thanks for your updates and unlike some people on the interwebs not simply calling me a nazi fagot from the moon and i need to take my meds or something like that. :-P
anyway, its all about btc price, if is high, everyone is fine, if not every is nervous...Smiley

IloveAnonCoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:53:53 AM

The OP is not Litecoin dev, if you want to clone, then clone. Don't try to ack like you are Litecoin dev. You cannot do anything about Litecoin. If you are not Coblee, or Warren, or Pooler, please don't BS.
orcephrye

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:14:41 AM

I get that the diff will go up. And that at first there will be some people that have a lot more power then others.

But in the end BTC is all ASIC and it isn't centralized it is still decentralized. Which was my original question to you.

I mean I do not know what will happen in the future for BTC.

But that is my second point. *soap box* We should be focused on new features of ways to use the BTC poof of concept. There are so many new ideas. LTC was a poof of concept that Scypt can be used. Doge or rather lottoCoin or whichever came first proved that you can have a stable coin with variable block rewards. Peer and Mint proved you can have Poof-Of-Stack a.k.a built in interest. SecureCoin proved you can have multi-agorithm. Etc...

I guess my main point it the only thing diff about this coin is they want to be GPU resistant. Which.. in my opinion is fighting a loosing battle from the get go. All these new coins that come out that appear to provide pretty much nothing new to the picture except maybe a few tweaks/changes to out it gives out rewards or how many coins there be. All of which is kinda interesting. But its kinda like if someone was to make a clone of CentOS and called it... New Awesome OS and the only change they made was the background of Gnome which nobody will use anyway cuz everyone is gonna SSH into it.

TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:18:32 AM

Stop trolling, you aren't going to fork it and even if you tried its not going to work. You have zero support from any major exchanges or pools on this, and I can personally guarantee that no developers, Charlie/Warren/anyone else on the team is working with you.

This is a pointless thread made to spread FUD about LTC.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:35:32 AM

Stop trolling, you aren't going to fork it and even if you tried its not going to work. You have zero support from any major exchanges or pools on this, and I can personally guarantee that no developers, Charlie/Warren/anyone else on the team is working with you.

This is a pointless thread made to spread FUD about LTC.

+1

manywelps

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:16:18 AM

You don't need the pools or miners.

All you need to get to change are the Fiat exchanges.  Everyone else will be forced to follow.

Basically get BTC-E to change, and maybe the chinese exchanges, and you're set.

Everyone else will have no choice.
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:35:50 AM

LET VOTE  WHO WANNA TO FUCT OP'S MOM

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:05:12 AM

asics made for ltc is showing the support for the coin
i myself bought more ltc cus of asic miners ( fpga )

if u or any one changes the algo to be gpu only again i will dump all my ltc

asics will make ltc harder to mine tus price will go up ( take that away and ) no ty

other coins will take over for the gpu users  ( gpu,s cost way more power to keep the network secure and stable )
Feel free to do so, i'm sure there will be plenty of people that will take your coins Wink
Also what does lead you that big ASIC farm owner will not attack the blockchain with 51%+?
IL MinaTore

Activity: 218

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:06:37 AM

Would be the best thing litecoin is dying because of Asic miner and will always farther down no action is taken, the big production companies have operated ogy Their machines are destroying the currency and currently Has 80% of the asci miner digging on this one thing and also ridiculous comes to an asci 100,000 Khash and if you put a company which Has 200 asci in stock functional and enabled on excavation explain you Because we are still falling, and with this it also leads down behind the bitcoin they need to monetize

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QcjYLdE5Nia3EDpqDkKR7GwXYTNNP4xAT2
Mirkic7

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

While initially sounds like great idea - it isn't.

First of all, I'm using just GPU for mining. No ASIC.

But - ASIC's is thing that will keep LTC afloat. Hardfork to X11 will just plummet it to ground.

Why? Again -ASIC's. Big bucks invest into it, and this is what will keep it's price up.
I do hope there will be decent X11 alt-coins which can keep up the price so they are profitable for regular GPU miners.
But, hardforking LTC will most likely be it's doom.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:28:47 AM

Let me correct this for you.
You are not a LTC dev, you are a "dev" who wants to meddle with LTC algo
You want to create a LTC for to introduce a new coin
You are intentionally misleading people for your own profit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All