Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:10:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] Dotcoin  (Read 81733 times)
cupfish

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:11:29 PM

What is the use of DOT on Cryptopia by the way ?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:40:04 PM

it's used for new listings on cryptopia.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
sistakal

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:47:06 PM

@MR. Blond

go on the forum mate https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Category/7

more information on the spawn on there i never mined to early on so never had to worry about this.

think u still have time

ichoponions

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:41:06 PM

"Letter From The Founders

My name is Rob Dawson, or probably better known as "Hex", and I am one of the two Co-Founders of Cryptopia. Adam ("sa_ddam213") and I started Cryptopia as a hobby, largely due to our own negative experiences with other exchanges and a desire to build the website that we ourselves wanted to use. 6 months into development we founded and incorporated Cryptopia as a company, and after 12 months of development the site went live into production for the first time in December 2014. For the first 2 years the company consisted soley of Adam and myself, working our regular full times jobs and dedicating our spare time and income to Cryptopia, and while we were proud of our growth and what we were achieving it was not even a drop compared to what we've experienced in the last 6 months, let lone the last week. Roughly this time last year Adam and I being well into having quit our jobs to work on Cryptopia full time and running low on savings and resources had a very real conversation about whether or not we should shut Cryptopia down, we had a modest 30,000 users, with an average of 2,000 concurrent user sessions at any given time, and averaged about 300 BTC in trade volume a day; we were proud of what we had achieved, but at the time it simply wasn't sustainable with our dwindling resources.

Obviously we didn't shut down Cryptopia in January 2017, thanks to an investment we were able to keep pushing through. By the 1st of December we hit 500,000 users. On the 31st of December we hit 1,000,000 users. By the 3rd of January we hit 1,100,000 users. By the 4th of January even with registrations disabled for 3 hours, we hit 1,200,000 users. With registrations paused again we're now sitting at 1,400,000 users. We've gone from just 2 people to over 50 people including contractors and consultants and we're looking to at the very least double that as soon as we can, but that also brings with it its own set of hurdles. I mention all of this only to give context as I would like to acknowledge the complaints and concerns about our level of service. We are aware that our level of service has been suffering, but that is not due to any complacency on our part, rest assured that we are hiring people, and developing the processes to manage those people to grow with the demand we're facing and scale as best as we can. Please bear with us, as we know how frustrating it can be for users involved in issues impacting their ability to transact freely, but we're in an unprecedented time with adoption and interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain surging and Cryptopia is dedicated to being a quality service provider in this evolving landscape.

Thank you for supporting Cryptopia and being a part of our community."

User base is at over 1.4 million now and will continue after servers are upgraded im nz based and have a friend who is in contact with the CEO himself (adam) dot is used to list coins on there
exchange with a number of other things adam is about to take a break from his current work and continue on dot upgrades i see this coin going places soon i just wish i bought them 100 shares
of cryptopia when i had the offer  Grin Grin Grin already made 120% on this coin since yesterday haha  Grin Grin Grin good luck boys!

So the upgrades with DOT is just the secret non public info correct? I can't think of any other upgrade for DOT other than fee reductions <3. Any clue on that?
Mr. Blond

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:11:14 PM

@MR. Blond

go on the forum mate https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Category/7

more information on the spawn on there i never mined to early on so never had to worry about this.

think u still have time

I have contacted them numerous times. It has been over a month since their last reply. I really wish the admins would take the time to fix these issues. I am patient, but no status update on a pending ticket is really stretching it, isnt it?
perryjay

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

Dotcoin is also used as a bonus for referrals.

Some of the info in the Cryptopia forums is old.  KDC Clicker and the DOT loan feature have been shut down.

Dotcoin is not ownership in Cryptopia.

They do have CryptopiaFeeShare (CEFS), which shares in the profits of the exchange.  It pays out once a month.  It's current price is $7,400 each.  There are only 6,300 available.
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/2487?page=1
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=CEFS_BTC

PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:33:48 PM

Hi...Do you mean the coin "DOT"?  .. I have been mining it last year and have over 1950 of them on my mining account which i now ask already 2 months to swap for New DOT.  My ticket is open i do not know how long and Mining Dutch is now saying if I do not withtrackt them, they will discard them leaving me with all my earnings from 1 year GONE.  SO...I know you are very busy with allll the new subscribers....but PLEASe do not forget the ones that were here already!   Hope I can count on you to swap my tokens...the ones i got loooooong before the wave came to your platform

The news item on Cryptopia says that they will swap them until July 2018, but currently they are probably swamped with hundreds of people a day asking support what the difference between bitcoin and litecoin is, whether coins can be delivered by post etc etc. So best to wait til things settle down a bit then ask, but people should have until July 2018 to swap coins that were minted on the old chain before the swap. Obviously do not mine the old chain now or you will not get those coins swapped too.
papachill

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:32:17 PM

Some of the info in the Cryptopia forums is old.  KDC Clicker and the DOT loan feature have been shut down.

They do have CryptopiaFeeShare (CEFS), which shares in the profits of the exchange.  It pays out once a month.  It's current price is $7,400 each.  There are only 6,300 available.

So DOT is not like KUCoin (KCS) or Binance (BNB)?
Wendycoin

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Im a survior

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:16:28 AM

T

That is correct.  Dot is just a tipping coin..... no where near the value of CEFS.....  its a utility token and nothing more.  It is also way overvalued at the moment.  Good luck!

Wendy~

KoinKardashian

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:15:56 AM

T

That is correct.  Dot is just a tipping coin..... no where near the value of CEFS.....  its a utility token and nothing more.  It is also way overvalued at the moment.  Good luck!

Wendy~

LOL - "Dot is just a tipping a coin"

That's one very myopic way of looking at "investing" into DOT. Another way is to not derive value solely from its current state, rather you'd look at the project from an investment standpoint (which is future state). This isn't equities; you're not buying S&P value caps with dividends. You're buying startups which are all pre-revenue.

LOLcatz - please stop investing now

I'll leave this final note here:
Cryptopia currently uses DOT to add new listings. This is a supply and demand game at best. Therefore, what you're doing is driving up the price for the companies that want to REALLY BADLY list their coin on an exchange, so their own Market Cap can increase 10x. With that increase, they then can cash out and make money.

Do you think a company, which stands to make hundreds of millions of dollars is going to play into price elasticity over a few BTC? We're talking hundreds of millions of dollars versus a few more extra BTC that it will cost them to list their company on Cryptopia.

You really don't see the vision in this investment play...
Wendycoin

Im a survior

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:43:23 AM

T

Wendy~

That's one very myopic way of looking at "investing" into DOT. Another way is to not derive value solely from its current state, rather you'd look at the project from an investment standpoint (which is future state). This isn't equities; you're not buying S&P value caps with dividends. You're buying startups which are all pre-revenue.

Cryptopia currently uses DOT to add new listings. This is a supply and demand game at best. Therefore, what you're doing is driving up the price for the companies that want to REALLY BADLY list their coin on an exchange, so their own Market Cap can increase 10x. With that increase, they then can cash out and make money.

Do you think a company, which stands to make hundreds of millions of dollars is going to play into price elasticity over a few BTC? We're talking hundreds of millions of dollars versus a few more extra BTC that it will cost them to list their company on Cryptopia.

Thank you for your first post.....  very informative.....  this coin was hyped/pumped.....  it is not the exchange token.....  it is simply used for rewards and tipping.... ask them on cryptopia...  ask them here, they are here.....  If you want the exchange token buy cefs.

KoinKardashian

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:09:50 AM

T

Wendy~

Thank you for your first post.....  very informative.....  this coin was hyped/pumped.....  it is not the exchange token.....  it is simply used for rewards and tipping.... ask them on cryptopia...  ask them here, they are here.....  If you want the exchange token buy cefs.

Here's a quick link to show you that it's not solely a tipping coin, and it's actually used to list new tokens:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1484

BTW - How many posts do you think Warren Buffet has compared to me? That's what I thought - I come from a deep hedge fund background; I know investing and pick winners. I literally eat charts, trends, and data for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You're not going to tell me how to make money.

You're a fascinating study, if you actually don't see the demand side to this simple Econ 101 equation. Good luck understanding Bertrand's theorem or Pareto Efficiency. LoL

Congratulations on making a bunch of posts filled with no content, as my two posts probably have more intellectual depth than all of your posts combined. But like I said...please sell and then favorite DOT coin on CoinMarketCap.
Wendycoin

Im a survior

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:12:44 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 11:34:01 PM by Wendycoin

Some of the info in the Cryptopia forums is old.  KDC Clicker and the DOT loan feature have been shut down.

They do have CryptopiaFeeShare (CEFS), which shares in the profits of the exchange.  It pays out once a month.  It's current price is $7,400 each.  There are only 6,300 available.

T

That is correct.  Dot is just a tipping coin..... no where near the value of CEFS.....  its a utility token and nothing more.  It is also way overvalued at the moment.  Good luck!

Wendy~

Thank you for your first post.....  very informative.....  this coin was hyped/pumped.....  it is not the exchange token.....  it is simply used for rewards and tipping.... ask them on cryptopia...  ask them here, they are here.....  If you want the exchange token buy cefs.

Here's a quick link to show you that it's not solely a tipping coin, and it's actually used to list new tokens:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1484

BTW - How many posts do you think Warren Buffet has compared to me? That's what I thought - I come from a deep hedge fund background; I know investing and pick winners. I literally eat charts, trends, and data for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You're not going to tell me how to make money.

You're a fascinating study, if you actually don't see the demand side to this simple Econ 101 equation. Good luck understanding Bertrand's theorem or Pareto Efficiency. LoL

Congratulations on making a bunch of posts filled with no content, as my two posts probably have more intellectual depth than all of your posts combined. But like I said...please sell and then favorite DOT coin on CoinMarketCap.

haha.... I think what I mean is that you should use your real account......  I posted an article on this topic and another guy did a video on the failed recommendation of DOT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1K1rhJYdI&t=217s

Wendycoin

Im a survior

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:51:44 PM

So is $DOT a coin worth investing in or what?

If you want to tip people then yes.... it is the equivalent to a drink token.... not much use other than getting a free drink at a party.

burgla7711

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:43:00 PM

It may not be like BNB , but this coin is still required to get your ICO or coin/token listed on cryptopia. It will rise , maybe not to 16$ like the others.
Tolullopsy

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:47:10 PM

Cryptopia fund share is high now, buy dotcoin and hold, only for the smart. The demand for dotcoin is very high
Sam67

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:49:29 PM

he news item on Cryptopia says that they will swap them until July 2018, but currently they are probably swamped with hundreds of people a day asking support what the difference between bitcoin and litecoin is, whether coins can be delivered by post etc etc. So best to wait til things settle down a bit then ask, but people should have until July 2018 to swap coins that were minted on the old chain before the swap. Obviously do not mine the old chain now or you will not get those coins swapped too.
Tfbever

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:26:07 AM

Without a dividend or discounts like kucoin I don't think we run as hard.

The ways we make money here are people need to hoard these coins.

Its 5,000,000 to list on exchange but then exchange sells right back to market.  If we hoard coins supply and demand could cause a moon if we continue to see a ton of developers. Exchange should also hoard it, raising price to list.

The exchange also needs to enable trading/discounts with DOTcoin.

Lastly, feature it on front page.  Advertise it more.  3 years and zero marketing so far.  Hopefully this changes soon.

Noone knows its even affiliated with cryptopia.
Coinzzz

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:01:01 PM

Hey, you seem the only smart and very knowledgeable person here LOL, do you have twitter or something I can follow?
Seasonic

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:53:50 PM

Hey guys, don't sell your DotCoin cos Cryptopia is trying to have much possession of the coin before it rises. Cryptopia is planning to offer DotCoin to trade every other coin listed on Cryptopia. The demand for DotCoin will be tremendous. Am holding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: