Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:35:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161804 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:13:38 PM

Vault of Satoshi gets my vote as a great Canadian exchange.

Same here. Their speed at fiat deposit is a dream!

'Bout time they went bilingual  Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:25:19 PM

Vault of Satoshi gets my vote as a great Canadian exchange.

Same here. Their speed at fiat deposit is a dream!

'Bout time they went bilingual  Wink

It's all about those instant BTC withdrawals though. There's no "pending" like on cryptsy. Click the button, transaction goes through. If you haven't tried Vault of Satoshi, you're missing out.

I've added our first pool to the announcement page and to the website both on www.qbc.io and www.qcb.io/fr - OkayPool - they also claimed the first pool bounty, good job!

There are a few very important bounties left, A Québecoin themed infographic explaining X11 mining on gpu and cpu to miners, the first article (not blog post) from a cryptocurrency news website, the first blog post as well.

The most important one is an Android Wallet [4000 QBC bounty] - Just a clean one that works, you can probably use the Doge wallet source or something and tweak it to QBC after launch. I want QBC to be mobile and if no one proposes themselves for it I'll have to take care of it myself after a little while.

I see that Edgecoin are ahead of us in their IPO (they have a lot of promises of cool features, not sure if they'll deliver on everything right away) but we still have a ton of room for very profitable investments. Read the thread and make up your mind!

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:19:37 PM

Ok here's my personal opinion after reading the edgecoin thread per your suggestion. They look like they have some neat stuff until I hit the 50 bil coins part. I'm not by any means new to crypto, and I've held many a bag along the way. Any coin over 600 mil has failed me. Look at Dogecoin...good god it has everything publicity wise any coin could ever dream of. The prob is crypto is still too new to give a billion coin count any value. Bitcoin came out in 09' yet this currency is still just an infant.

It will fail, at least in a monetary aspect. So no Ty to edgecoin. Even if every coin gave you an orgasm it would still fail due to coin count. Dogecoin proved this above all other coins.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:33:19 PM

I've added our first pool to the announcement page and to the website both on www.qbc.io and www.qcb.io/fr - OkayPool - they also claimed the first pool bounty, good job!

There are a few very important bounties left, A Québecoin themed infographic explaining X11 mining on gpu and cpu to miners, the first article (not blog post) from a cryptocurrency news website, the first blog post as well.

The most important one is an Android Wallet [4000 QBC bounty] - Just a clean one that works, you can probably use the Doge wallet source or something and tweak it to QBC after launch. I want QBC to be mobile and if no one proposes themselves for it I'll have to take care of it myself after a little while.

I see that Edgecoin are ahead of us in their IPO (they have a lot of promises of cool features, not sure if they'll deliver on everything right away) but we still have a ton of room for very profitable investments. Read the thread and make up your mind!

Android wallet a bit after launch would great. Is there anyone on the forums known for making them for others?

Ok here's my personal opinion after reading the edgecoin thread per your suggestion. They look like they have some neat stuff until I hit the 50 bil coins part. I'm not by any means new to crypto, and I've held many a bag along the way. Any coin over 600 mil has failed me. Look at Dogecoin...good god it has everything publicity wise any coin could ever dream of. The prob is crypto is still too new to give a billion coin count any value. Bitcoin came out in 09' yet this currency is still just an infant.

It will fail, at least in a monetary aspect. So no Ty to edgecoin. Even if every coin gave you an orgasm it would still fail due to coin count. Dogecoin proved this above all other coins.

They might have a video of their wallet, still looks a bit scammy. I really do prefer when a coin has some "Weight" to it. BTC has the ultimate weight per coin but anything over 1$ starts to feel real. I think the edgecoin IPO is a bit longer than QBC but I'd rather have some more QBC for the moment. I know it's not intended as pump and dump but seeing something like Isracoin gain 850% in a day makes me wonder if the next great nation coin (QBC) will do the same.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 08:48:58 PM

IPO table has been updated! Go take a look at www.qbc.io/ipo (mobile friendly too)

Québecoin (After 9 Days)

Current IPO status : 20 Investors own 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 12.57538731
 BTC

24 Investments have been made by 20 investors. 1 Investor has contributed 3 times and 2 investors have contributed 2 times resulting in 24 transactions.

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

IPO PRICE floor as of today : 0.00005988 BTC = 1 QBC. Target price is between 0.0002 BTC and 0.0005 BTC after IPO (20k to 50k satoshi).

Profit Potential at current IPO level : Excellent

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:22:32 AM

Slow day for everyone today it seems. All eyes on bitcoin.

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:55:09 AM

You two should really expand on the plans/idea for the protection of the pre-mine using bank/vault/authority. Get the process started sooner than later. That'll cost a couple grand, but if you managed to get a solid and generally approved protection, I'd be in for a lot more right now.

This would be the best selling point ever. Otherwise I'd be nothing but sorry... Nobody can trust someone over the internet. And I wouldn't want an kind of major amount of coins in the hands of a human. Just think of an extreme case... lets say QBC reached 5 bucks before these first air drop... thats millions of dollars in the hand of a vulnerable being.

Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:58:01 AM

Lemay does it really cost that much to house stuff in a Canadian vault?!!? If so geesh that's crazy in the states its like a fraction of that Sad
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:12:25 AM

Lemay does it really cost that much to house stuff in a Canadian vault?!!? If so geesh that's crazy in the states its like a fraction of that Sad

I couldnt care less If JP moved the premine in a vault he or "two folks from a forum" have control over loll.

They'll need some serious contract, created by lawyers and notaries if they want "me" to take the protection seriously. This is the wildest of wild west my friends, human nature goes crazy at the smell of paper bills. I'd never invest more than a slight amount of time and money, even thought I can afford to lose it all, when I know someone(s) has the power to fuck me dry easily.

So far I love what JP has done, but I cringe every time he says "I have no plan to dump the pre-mime", or how ever he words it. We're all unpretictable, anybody can go insane tommorow.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:01:54 AM

Tough times for a lot of cryptos right now. At a glance, only BlackCoin seems to have been spared.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:52:36 AM

You two should really expand on the plans/idea for the protection of the pre-mine using bank/vault/authority. Get the process started sooner than later. That'll cost a couple grand, but if you managed to get a solid and generally approved protection, I'd be in for a lot more right now.

This would be the best selling point ever. Otherwise I'd be nothing but sorry... Nobody can trust someone over the internet. And I wouldn't want an kind of major amount of coins in the hands of a human. Just think of an extreme case... lets say QBC reached 5 bucks before these first air drop... thats millions of dollars in the hand of a vulnerable being.

It's been the same with every nation coin so far, the devs have control of the airdrop and most people don't question it. There's been one incident of dumps of the premine so far and that's Aphroditecoin. Everything I do from this point on to secure the premine should be considered as setting a new standard in security for nation coins. Saying it will cost thousands of dollars is not realistic though, cryptocurrency security is cheap and bank vaults aren't expensive either. We'll be able to think up a plan which is provably secure as well.

It doesn't, a small vault at the Bank of Montréal costs 45$ a year and that's all the security you need, you can set rules for accessing it anyways.

I couldnt care less If JP moved the premine in a vault he or "two folks from a forum" have control over loll.

They'll need some serious contract, created by lawyers and notaries if they want "me" to take the protection seriously. This is the wildest of wild west my friends, human nature goes crazy at the smell of paper bills. I'd never invest more than a slight amount of time and money, even thought I can afford to lose it all, when I know someone(s) has the power to fuck me dry easily.

So far I love what JP has done, but I cringe every time he says "I have no plan to dump the pre-mime", or how ever he words it. We're all unpretictable, anybody can go insane tommorow.

It doesn't matter if it's two forum members, the important thing is that the process is provably secure from any point of view. I'm telling you right away that there won't be thousands of dollars or expensive notaries/lawyers involved in securing the premine, even if the IPO was 200 BTC and I had extra cash to burn, the security is built in to the protocol and there are ways of making it foolproof for everyone involved.

We'll outline a plan of action and you can then find the flaws if there are any and force us to correct them before proceeding. One way of making it more credible overall was to get the assistance and approval of a well known person in Montréal, a celebrity or ideally some kind of well known tech figure. That way it's not two guys from a forum. If that's still not enough, I'll reimburse you your IPO investment and you will be able to put it into a project which will meet your required standards.

There's no reason to cringe at my promises, almost every nation coin developer has been anonymous so far, I'm not trying to be and I'm doing more than anyone so far to secure the premine. No one is perfect, but my jaw dropped with disgust when I heard about the Aphroditecoin dumps if that's any indicator on how I feel about human nature. That's why I'm so enthusiastic about making people feel secure about the entire process.

Tough times for a lot of cryptos right now. At a glance, only BlackCoin seems to have been spared.

BlackCoin has been doing really well overall that's for sure. A few others haven't actually moved in relation to Bitcoin but haven't risen either so they seem affected from a $ perspective. I won't pass any judgement on Bitcoin though right now, for the moment it's rallying a bit but further bad news are possibly always behind the corner. I truly believe that we will pull through though.

I contacted the guys from SuchPool earlier since they had told me they were preparing a pool (I really wanted them in this project, they are Montréal based!) and they have finished set-up of the pool and it looks great and is open for pre-registration! They will be awarded a bounty and I've added them to the first post and on the website as well, take a look! http://quebec.suchpool.pw

Additionally, Louis from SuchPools has let me know that miners from Québec will get direct access without passing through any USA proxies, a nice bonus.

brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:34:09 AM

I heard people in Quebec are hostile toward English speakers, is that generally true?
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 05:44:42 AM

I heard people in Quebec are hostile toward English speakers, is that generally true?

Generally no, there are always exceptions though. If you come to Montréal you'll find some people who don't even speak french, or barely! You can survive with English only in Montréal without any trouble but if you go to smaller towns it will be a bit more difficult. I'd say most people here (Québec, not specifically Montréal) have a live and let live philosophy. I like to see the best in people though, so I might be wrong!

zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 08:11:24 AM

did someone talked to altcoincalender.info to put in there?
ordenadoresatm

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:43:00 AM

Transaction id: a1596ba87e84dd7e85bce5bda8d965f1736f22de40d9e401556a6124fc8d0d8f
Amount: 0.03 BTC
decivox

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:54:54 PM

So is this coin dead now that the Liberals won a majority and the PQ suffered a miserable defeat?  There will be no Yes/No referendum coming in the foreseeable future.  Its really too bad though, I was hoping that my tax dollars would stop getting transferred to your broke province to pay for all of its social programs the rest of Canada doesn't get. I guess I can mine this coin for a bit and try to get some of my money back that your province has been stealing through Federal Equalisation Payments.

And as far as Quebec being recognized as a nation, that was a political play to gain the Conservatives some ground in your province.  Stephen Harper calling your province a nation inside Canada has no real meaning... he was just trying to get his party some seats.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:51:09 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 02:13:22 PM by Lemayilleur

It doesn't matter if it's two forum members, the important thing is that the process is provably secure from any point of view. I'm telling you right away that there won't be thousands of dollars or expensive notaries/lawyers involved in securing the premine, even if the IPO was 200 BTC and I had extra cash to burn, the security is built in to the protocol and there are ways of making it foolproof for everyone involved.
I actually know nothing about bank vaults, the rules you can apply to them and the strength of those rules. I have a bit of experience about dealing with decent amount of money. When both party want's to be safe, they get it well documented by authorities so that nobody get screwed easily. That cost money. The point I was trying to make is that I wouldn't trust the Pre-Mine Protection unless it's professionally handled. I’d be willing to donate for such a project/kick-starter type thing, and I wouldn’t be the only one. I have a feeling the media would be all over this as well. The first Nation-coin with a solid protection.

We'll outline a plan of action and you can then find the flaws if there are any and force us to correct them before proceeding. One way of making it more credible overall was to get the assistance and approval of a well known person in Montréal, a celebrity or ideally some kind of well known tech figure.
That’s great. I was even thinking maybe a business like Vault Of Satoshi (yes, I’m bringing up VoS again lol)? Or something similar that has so far proven their legitimacy in the crypto world might be interested in being the "protector" of a portion of a nation pre-mine. It would definitely bring them great publicity and customers.

That way it's not two guys from a forum. If that's still not enough, I'll reimburse you your IPO investment and you will be able to put it into a project which will meet your required standards.
I hope you’re not being hurt by what I’m saying? I have a strong feeling you’re not new around the Interwebs, and you know exactly the point I’m trying to make. Being a Quebecer, I’m extremely excited about QBC and I will be talking my friends and family into it. I’m even thinking about participating and helping with what ever I can. Something I haven’t  done for any of the coins I own. But I cannot invest the amount I would like too knowing how easily I can be burned. Same with friends and family; I couldn’t but give them a big warning.

50% of the coins! That’s a whale from outer space. Don’t you feel a bit unsafe knowing that this is a major target if the coins reaches any kind of decent value?

There's no reason to cringe at my promises, almost every nation coin developer has been anonymous so far, I'm not trying to be and I'm doing more than anyone so far to secure the pre-mine. No one is perfect, but my jaw dropped with disgust when I heard about the Aphrodite coin dumps if that's any indicator on how I feel about human nature. That's why I'm so enthusiastic about making people feel secure about the entire process.

As far as I know, you’ve only discussed it on the internet so far. I  agreed that it brings QBC ahead other nation coin, has they did not discuss this at all(?). But in reality, chatting over the internet doesn’t mean much. Baby steps of course. There’s also the fact that the protection will only (if it does) kick in post launch. Leaves more rooms for “accident” to happen. I’ve red countless hours of stuff like http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm. I guess it really left a mark on me. And I’m sorry - It’s nothing against you -  nor against any other nation coin developer. Be it anonymous OR NOT, I hardly trust anybody that I do not know at a personal level.

The Current state of crypto currency is high risk / high reward game.  When you add a 50% pre-mine it becomes an extreme risk, still high reward. That’s how I see it. I’m in this for 45$ fucking dollars…… Yet I feel like to care a lot about this coin. If it wasn’t for the added risk of an IPO/Pre-mine, I’d be in for a lot more than 45$. And I mean a LOT more.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:26:39 PM

did someone talked to altcoincalender.info to put in there?

I'll take care of it right away.

Transaction id: a1596ba87e84dd7e85bce5bda8d965f1736f22de40d9e401556a6124fc8d0d8f
Amount: 0.03 BTC

Thank you for your vote of confidence! I'll add it to the IPO page shortly.

So is this coin dead now that the Liberals won a majority and the PQ suffered a miserable defeat?  There will be no Yes/No referendum coming in the foreseeable future.  Its really too bad though, I was hoping that my tax dollars would stop getting transferred to your broke province to pay for all of its social programs the rest of Canada doesn't get. I guess I can mine this coin for a bit and try to get some of my money back that your province has been stealing through Federal Equalisation Payments.

And as far as Quebec being recognized as a nation, that was a political play to gain the Conservatives some ground in your province.  Stephen Harper calling your province a nation inside Canada has no real meaning... he was just trying to get his party some seats.

First phrase could have been a real question - to which the answer is, Québecoin is politically neutral, we don't care about political parties.

The rest of what you wrote is useless hate. Good luck with your issues.

I actually know nothing about bank vaults, the rules you can apply to them and the strength of those rules. I have a bit of experience about dealing with decent amount of money. When both party want's to be safe, they get it well documented by authorities so that nobody get screwed easily. That cost money. The point I was trying to make is that I wouldn't trust the Pre-Mine Protection unless it's professionally handled. I’d be willing to donate for such a project/kick-starter type thing, and I wouldn’t be the only one. I have a feeling the media would be all over this as well. The first Nation-coin with a solid protection.

We'll outline a plan of action and you can then find the flaws if there are any and force us to correct them before proceeding. One way of making it more credible overall was to get the assistance and approval of a well known person in Montréal, a celebrity or ideally some kind of well known tech figure.
That’s great. I was even thinking maybe a business like Vault Of Satoshi (yes, I’m bringing up VoS again lol)? Or something similar that has so far proven their legitimacy in the crypto world might be interested in being the "protector" of a portion of a nation pre-mine. It would definitely bring them great publicity and customers.

That way it's not two guys from a forum. If that's still not enough, I'll reimburse you your IPO investment and you will be able to put it into a project which will meet your required standards.
I hope you’re not being hurt by what I’m saying? I have a strong feeling you’re not new around the Interwebs, and you know exactly the point I’m trying to make. Being a Quebecer, I’m extremely excited about QBC and I will be talking my friends and family into it. I’m even thinking about participating and helping with what ever I can. Something I haven’t  done for any of the coins I own. But I cannot invest the amount I would like too knowing how easily I can be burned. Same with friends and family; I couldn’t but give them a big warning.

50% of the coins! That’s a whale from outer space. Don’t you feel a bit unsafe knowing that this is a major target if the coins reaches any kind of decent value?

There's no reason to cringe at my promises, almost every nation coin developer has been anonymous so far, I'm not trying to be and I'm doing more than anyone so far to secure the pre-mine. No one is perfect, but my jaw dropped with disgust when I heard about the Aphrodite coin dumps if that's any indicator on how I feel about human nature. That's why I'm so enthusiastic about making people feel secure about the entire process.

As far as I know, you’ve only discussed it on the internet so far. I  agreed that it brings QBC ahead other nation coin, has they did not discuss this at all(?). But in reality, chatting over the internet doesn’t mean much. Baby steps of course. There’s also the fact that the protection will only (if it does) kick in post launch. Leaves more rooms for “accident” to happen. I’ve red countless hours of stuff like http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm. I guess it really left a mark on me. And I’m sorry - It’s nothing against you -  nor against any other nation coin developer. Be it anonymous OR NOT, I hardly trust anybody that I do not know at a personal level.

The Current state of crypto currency is high risk / high reward game.  When you add a 50% pre-mine it becomes an extreme risk, still high reward. That’s how I see it. I’m in this for 45$ fucking dollars…… Yet I feel like to care a lot about this coin. If it wasn’t for the added risk of an IPO/Pre-mine, I’d be in for a lot more than 45$. And I mean a LOT more.

First of all I wasn't offended by anything you wrote, you have very valid concerns, I offered to refund you the investment because I didn't want you to feel like you put your money into QBC thinking one thing and that it would end up being something else.

I think the ideal thing would really be a trusted third party, if it's Vault of Satoshi that would be amazing, they have their reputation to protect but it would also mean that they would need to add Québecoin (which I hope they do anyways). But I also can't expect them to do extra work for us, so I'll see what can be done. The important part is that we're going to make sure the premine is 100% secure no matter how we do it and I think you can see that. You can wait until after that is done and then you'll be sure about how you feel.

InCoinsWeTrust2

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:52:39 PM

New pool for QBC : http://qbc.incoinswetrust.com/

Proportionnal - 0% fees - Pre-register opened !
blueface

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:00:33 PM

I like X11,it is great,We all like it Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: