Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:10:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161813 times)
sitefive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:26:43 PM

Souns like yet another IPO Scam

At least I posted the 69.5 BTC GIF myself - take that! Took the bullet right out of your gun.

Stackcoin scammers also posted the GIF by himself.
The difference is you posted it before you get the coins.
That's smart.
But for, it's too smart.

Of course he posted it himself, that's where it comes from! He was the first guy to post it ever. I'm just trying to say I know how an IPO looks at first glance, but then you take a look at the good ones like Heavycoin. They got a ton of support and are now able to work on HVC as their main project, I think that's amazing.

Yup you also got an amazing scam going on Cheesy

aws

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:50:31 PM

I also think you should drop the IPO. It probably will cause more problems than it's worth. IPO pretty much spells scam to most people here, and then you include nation coin + premine... let's just say you'd do better without the IPO. Or at most, sell that maple syrup at close to cost, along with coins.

I concur
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:34:04 PM

I also think you should drop the IPO. It probably will cause more problems than it's worth. IPO pretty much spells scam to most people here, and then you include nation coin + premine... let's just say you'd do better without the IPO. Or at most, sell that maple syrup at close to cost, along with coins.

I concur

The IPO is here to stay, I wouldn't have wanted to start QBC without it because if I create it and then just let it rot or do it part time, I can't expect great results. No one if forcing you to to invest any money that's for sure. If you want a quality coin with great specs and a dedicated developer, you can invest in the IPO, get some QBC and start trading it on April 15th. Once it gets on Bittrex/Mintpal etc. I'll be really happy for everyone who has their share. Right now there's 1 investment of 0.1198 BTC and he owns all 210 000 QBC for the IPO. That's around 5 satoshi. at 1 BTC we'll be at 476 Satoshi/QBC , at 10 BTC we'll be at 4760 satoshi/QBC , from there on out there's a potential for massive growth. Miners will definitely come to Québecoin for the X11 and DarkGravityWave will make sure it's not easy to dump the coins either because everyone will get a fair share. I think it's gonna get interesting on the markets.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:03:25 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 11:32:21 PM by poornamelessme

I hope you take this as constructive criticism --

First off, why does Quebec need its own crypto?

One can argue that the majority of nation coins don't need their own crypto, but at least they can come up with some semi-valid reasons. Maza ... govt. interference with bitcoin ... Aurora... the same ... that Dutch coin can play the sentimentality card. Even Greece coin can pretend they are helping those in poverty (which they really aren't, but it's an angle to play). I don't get why Quebec needs or would benefit from its own crypto, to be honest.

Now, if you said you had a dozen merchants willing to accept the coin, and more lined up. And some sort govt. approval, or some official body supporting the coin, then I'd say the coin at least could serve a purpose. Not that it's really needed still, but there would be a point to the coin.

X11 + Dark gravity wave are nice additions, but why wouldn't people just invest with the dev who created them to begin with (Dark Coin)? I'm a supporter of that coin, and most of my miniscule coin portfolio is in Dark Coin, but I am not sure what benefit your coin would have over it. I mean, if you promote those features, wouldn't people just be better off buying the coin from the dev who created those features?

A lot of new coins don't serve much of a purpose, nor have merchants lined up, or have benefits right away over any other coin -- so it's not like it's mandatory to announce those things right away. But most new coins don't do the IPO thing either, and besides nation coins, don't have a 50% premine.

You need to give people a valid reason for the coin existing, info on how it will be used, and then get the coin into the hands of those who will use it locally. I think your timetable is off (as mentioned earlier) and really don't think the IPO idea will be worth it, but that is of course up to you.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:04:42 AM

I hope you take this as constructive criticism --

First off, why does Quebec need its own crypto?

One can argue that the majority of nation coins don't need their own crypto, but at least they can come up with some semi-valid reasons. Maza ... govt. interference with bitcoin ... Aurora... the same ... that Dutch coin can play the sentimentality card. Even Greece coin can pretend they are helping those in poverty (which they really aren't, but it's an angle to play). I don't get why Quebec needs or would benefit from its own crypto, to be honest.

Now, if you said you had a dozen merchants willing to accept the coin, and more lined up. And some sort govt. approval, or some official body supporting the coin, then I'd say the coin at least could serve a purpose. Not that it's really needed still, but there would be a point to the coin.

X11 + Dark gravity wave are nice additions, but why wouldn't people just invest with the dev who created them to begin with (Dark Coin)? I'm a supporter of that coin, and most of my miniscule coin portfolio is in Dark Coin, but I am not sure what benefit your coin would have over it. I mean, if you promote those features, wouldn't people just be better off buying the coin from the dev who created those features?

A lot of new coins don't serve much of a purpose, nor have merchants lined up, or have benefits right away over any other coin -- so it's not like it's mandatory to announce those things right away. But most new coins don't do the IPO thing either, and besides nation coins, don't have a 50% premine.

You need to give people a valid reason for the coin existing, info on how it will be used, and then get the coin into the hands of those who will use it locally. I think your timetable is off (as mentioned earlier) and really don't think the IPO idea will be worth it, but that is of course up to you.

I will definitely take it as constructive criticism, you've been quite respectful since your first post.

I think apart from Auroracoin, our claim is more legit than all the other nation coins. Like you said, coins like Greececoin really aren't helping anyone, they saw the success of Auroracoin and are pretending and playing the angle like you said.

When it comes to Québec, could we have went along just fine not being officialy recognized as a nation by Canada? Sure, day to day life could be pretty much the same but in reality we took a step forward instead. We're united as a people by a lot of things and I think having our own currency is the next step in reaffirming the fact that we're our own nation. I don't have a dozen of merchants lined up, we're on day 1 and you can't expect that. What you can expect and even if you don't care the slightest about Québec, is that QBC will still be a great coin to mine come April 15th. I'll be developing and marketing it full time and merchants will definitely add it.

Take a look at this for an example of the kind of reactions you can expect with Québecoin from Québecers.

This is an online mining store from Québec (We're not affiliated with them in any way right now). The first tweet is in english so you can read that this store thinks that's it's going to be a huge deal , then I tweeted at telling them I hope to see QBC on there and their response was 'Of course we will accept QBC'.

That's just the way it is in Québec, people get excited and they join in! This is day 1, we already have a merchant saying they'll take QBC. Imagine what can be done within a month or a year. Especially with someone working full time on it.

As far as Darkcoin goes, it's one of the best coins out there, no doubt about it. They have a formula with diminishing block reward as mining power increases which will help keep DRK valuable but it is very hard to mine indeed and currently undervalued in my opinion. In the meantime you can mine the next best thing, QBC and then sell it if you want and buy some more DRK.

The last thing you mentioned is the timeframe and the same way Darkcoin has been flexible, Québecoin will be flexible as well. Nothing is set in stone and when opportunities arise, we'll make sure to take advantage of them.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:08:41 AM

Sure, let me send all my hardearned BTC your way...

Ah you ninja-edited your comment. When I saw that the first comment said "great" - I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic! I guess even a preemptive 69.5BTC strike doesn't work.

10 years before distribution is way, way too long, although your maple syrup prices are somewhat reasonable.

Well it's basically free maple syrup, you get the QBC too. Can't argue with free.

Overlooking the IPO, which in my opinion is a pretty horrible idea, something else I found peculiar --

We will wait until the end of the mining period in approximately 10 years to give each Québecer his share of QBC.

Umm... 10 years? Is that a typo? Did you mean 1 year?

Slow distribution does make some sense, but 10 years is insane.

I did mean 10 years, the end of the mining period is a major event. Although nothing is set in stone, especially that part. If Québecers adopt and love the concept like I expect them to do, we can easily change the distribution period. My second idea was doing the distribution in 5 parts - Once every 2 years coinciding with the block reward halving.

10 years?? Bitcoin itself hasn't been around for 10 years and you think this coin will?

MOVING ON.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:11:17 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2018, 05:26:33 AM by WaffleMaster

Another country coin that will fail
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:18:38 AM

Hmm.. Quebec nationalism I suppose could be considered a somewhat valid reason for the coin, when I think more about it. I expect many may disagree (and many Canadians), but it does make some sense to a certain degree. I don't mean to say I think it's a great reason, just that it could be perceived as a reason.

The greece coin thing is a bit weird, as based on forum posts here, one team (Hellas coin) claims the Greece coin devs stole the idea. And they stated the Greek coin devs are AP/Boxxa, the ones who made maza and maple coin. So they do seem to be simply milking the idea of nation coins for all they are worth. Strangely Maza may have the best reason for having their own crypto, but Payu seems to be in over his head, and the devs he signed up are hardly professional.

Anyway, expect a lot of scam accusations due to the IPO thing. Even if on the level, it may hurt the coin in the longrun. It's hard enough for devs to even get the crowd to accept the 50% premine  without yelling scam.

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:27:02 AM

10 years?? Bitcoin itself hasn't been around for 10 years and you think this coin will?

MOVING ON.

It's not 10 years anymore. I went for the second solution, a distribution every halving (2 years x 5 halvings) and giveaways as promotional tools during the first and second year, If you're not in Québec, the long term is of no interest to you anyway and in the short term QBC will be very profitable for miners and investors. Spaincoin for example has a way faster mining rate than we do at 100 coins per block every 2 minutes and a max of 50 million blocks. We're at 26 coins per block every 2.5 minutes and a max of 42 million. Even after they're massive pump and subsequent dump they're trading at 11 000 satoshi at their lowest point. That's their low point with a bigger production rate and more coins. Right now QBC has a single IPO invester which puts it at only 5 satoshi. It's not going to stay there of course but with the mining rate set up the way it is, I think miners and investors from outside Québec are in for a great ride.

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:31:51 AM

Hmm.. Quebec nationalism I suppose could be considered a somewhat valid reason for the coin, when I think more about it. I expect many may disagree (and many Canadians), but it does make some sense to a certain degree. I don't mean to say I think it's a great reason, just that it could be perceived as a reason.

The greece coin thing is a bit weird, as based on forum posts here, one team (Hellas coin) claims the Greece coin devs stole the idea. And they stated the Greek coin devs are AP/Boxxa, the ones who made maza and maple coin. So they do seem to be simply milking the idea of nation coins for all they are worth. Strangely Maza may have the best reason for having their own crypto, but Payu seems to be in over his head, and the devs he signed up are hardly professional.

Anyway, expect a lot of scam accusations due to the IPO thing. Even if on the level, it may hurt the coin in the longrun. It's hard enough for devs to even get the crowd to accept the 50% premine  without yelling scam.

The validity of the claim all depends on the perspective. Some Canadians may disagree but inside Québec I think everyone will love it and be anxious to try it out.

Those greececoin/maplecoin devs are a cancer to the idea of nation coins. They are in it for maximum short term gain and it's really disgusting to see. Apparently the maza pumpers were congratulating themselves after dumping on hopeful buyers at 15 000 satoshi after having bought at 500 or lower.

I do expect big red SCAM accusations and they'll always be there but hopefully in the longer term and once people start mining and investors receiving their QBC, that attitude will calm down a bit. I'll let people judge for themselves and the only thing I can hope for is that they see the potential.

I really appreciate the comments poornamelessme, responding to feedback and adapting is the way to go.

sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:34:20 AM

If greececoin actually changed to implement x11 and DGW I would wonder, wait is there a real dev behind this thing who wants it to really succeed? Right now it looks like a simple clone whose claims are a bit hard to believe.
Ya, so like... you completely answered the question there  Roll Eyes Let me reiterate - If Greececoin went x11 and DWG, would it be any different from your coin? If yes, how?

I don't need to pretend, I stated my goals and if they're not enough for you, that's ok and you don't have to be involved.
This is not about you and me. This is about helping people make an informed decision... by asking the right questions in an unmoderated thread. If even one in ten people reading this thread is brought to question their decision to spend resources on a shitcoin, I would consider that time well spent.

And as for the rest of the patriotic shit you have written, If you feel patriotism and "love" for a country is normal, I'm sorry.... too much to unlearn and relearn. Not worth my time. You go ahead with your horse vision. My goal in asking questions is achieved and your response will help those who stumbled upon this thread.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:18:48 AM

If greececoin actually changed to implement x11 and DGW I would wonder, wait is there a real dev behind this thing who wants it to really succeed? Right now it looks like a simple clone whose claims are a bit hard to believe.
Ya, so like... you completely answered the question there  Roll Eyes Let me reiterate - If Greececoin went x11 and DWG, would it be any different from your coin? If yes, how?

I don't need to pretend, I stated my goals and if they're not enough for you, that's ok and you don't have to be involved.
This is not about you and me. This is about helping people make an informed decision... by asking the right questions in an unmoderated thread. If even one in ten people reading this thread is brought to question their decision to spend resources on a shitcoin, I would consider that time well spent.

And as for the rest of the patriotic shit you have written, If you feel patriotism and "love" for a country is normal, I'm sorry.... too much to unlearn and relearn. Not worth my time. You go ahead with your horse vision. My goal in asking questions is achieved and your response will help those who stumbled upon this thread.

If Greececoin actually went X11 and DGW , it would share those features with QBC and that's it. They simply don't have the same purpose we do. Plus, like I said I'd have to reconsider thinking about them as a cheap clone. They seem to be from the developer of Maplecoin and the other bad country clones. I really don't think they're legit. So how are they different? They actually don't have X11 or DGW and we do. They won't have it either, they simply don't care, they just spew out a coin and move on to the next one.

Now I don't know where you're from that's so awful but every nation has a sense of pride. If I'm traveling in Europe and notice some people are from Québec I'll always be happy and talk to them. I mean most people here are probably from the US, and who has a bigger sense of patriotism? It's not quite the same for them of course they are a very varied bunch all across America but they do have a common love of their country as a whole. Québec is way smaller and more uniform in terms of population so we share a common love of our nation. If you ask someone from Québec where they're form they'll say Québec 99% of the time, not Canada.

I'm glad you achieved your goal but it sure doesn't look like much from my point of view. This coin is not for you, that's pretty much it. Stay with Dopecoin and you'll be happy.

On another note, I've been contacted by @MintPalExchanqe - Notice the little mistake there - q instead of g - I didn't notice at first and they direct messaged me on twitter asking if we'd like to be on their exchange. Then asked for 1 BTC as a fee, which immediately set off an alarm since I saw that Mintpal notified people that someone was trying to imitate them to scam people. I hope other coins don't get caught. Here's my response.

I'll be contacting the real Mintpal so that they report them for impersonation, apparently only the company concerned can do it. Here's the link if you know someone at Mintpal.

https://support.twitter.com/forms/impersonation

In ther news, I've been in contact with Bittrex and they are interested in having Québecoin, really glad to hear it since they were our first choice and are a great exchange. I'll be discussing with them and I think we'll definitely have a great exchange at launch.

Oh and apparently the Spanish translation bounty that I awarded was for a terrible google translate translation. Unfortunately my spanish isn't as good as my English and French so I'll contact the person who claimed the bounty. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to do the translation bounties after all, people just seem to want to do it the easy way. It's here if anyone speaking spanish can confirm the claim of the poster at the bottom. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552772.msg6027411#msg6027411 Looking through Atleticofa's posting history he doesn't seem to speak spanish at all so I guess I should have known.

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:34:11 AM

I'm glad you achieved your goal but it sure doesn't look like much from my point of view. This coin is not for you, that's pretty much it. Stay with Dopecoin and you'll be happy.

Just a suggestion, which you can ignore if you wish ... it's never really a good idea to dismiss people outright, or insult them -- especially if they are part of the group you are looking to invest in your coin.

He does bring up a valid point, in that patriotism alone really isn't enough of a differentiating factor for most people to say a Quebec Coin makes sense. I'm from the US, and personally am not really big on this patriotism mindset ... its just a form of tribalism. Quite often it turns into xenophobia and other nasty stuff like that.

However, if you focus on celebrating the culture of Quebec, rather than push the patriotism angle, it may do a bit better. At least to me it'd seem better, anyway.

Bittrex and Poloniex are the logical exchanges for new coins. That atomic-trade place is another one. They are sort of like the minor leagues for coins, before they move up to MintPal and Cryptsy.  Although I wouldn't worry so much about an exchange at this point.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:50:23 AM

Just a suggestion, which you can ignore if you wish ... it's never really a good idea to dismiss people outright, or insult them -- especially if they are part of the group you are looking to invest in your coin.

He does bring up a valid point, in that patriotism alone really isn't enough of a differentiating factor for most people to say a Quebec Coin makes sense. I'm from the US, and personally am not really big on this patriotism mindset ... its just a form of tribalism. Quite often it turns into xenophobia and other nasty stuff like that.

However, if you focus on celebrating the culture of Quebec, rather than push the patriotism angle, it may do a bit better. At least to me it'd seem better, anyway.

Bittrex and Poloniex are the logical exchanges for new coins. That atomic-trade place is another one. They are sort of like the minor leagues for coins, before they move up to MintPal and Cryptsy.  Although I wouldn't worry so much about an exchange at this point.

First of all I don't want to insult anyone, even the most abusive flamers and haters. They have every right to feel the way they do. He stated that my responses to his questions would turn people off but I don't think that's the case.

And it's not about patriotism , I used that word only for the US. The bottom line to Québecoin - We have our own culture, our own language and are our own nation. QBC will be our own currency and I think that people here will like it. Those are reasons for us. For the outside world there's X11 mining, a quality coin with a full time developer and the potential to invest in a great coin which is sure to attract attention. Like I said before, you don't have to be a believer to mine or buy a coin like QBC. Even if people invested 100 BTC in the Québec IPO - That would put the base price at 0.00476 BTC (0.23$ right now). Spaincoin which is technically inferior and has more coins and a higher production rate reached a price of 3.5$ at one point. For any investor it remains profitable for a long while and allows me in return to put in more work and make sure it's being actively developed and promoted.

And as far as Poloniex goes, it is definitely a great exchange, the only one who has handled a breach in the correct way and I think Busoni deserves massive respect for that. He's adding new features and coins every day it seems. Bittrex is the new kid on the block and they are attracting a lot of attention, really glad to have them as a partner.

youngcave

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:00:31 AM

a scam again

be carefully everyone
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:04:12 AM

There is also that KingCoiny place, which hasn't opened yet. They do have a nice looking interface based on the info they've given out so far, though. And I like Poloniex, but I still don't quite feel safe leaving too many coins there. But I use them though for small trades.

And perhaps those in Quebec will look upon it differently than outsiders do. I just know to many, they will wonder why Quebec needs a coin. I visited Montreal a long time ago, and it is rather nice, by the way. The fact that French is the predominant language made ordering food a bit of an adventure, as I don't speak it ... but very nice city.

The IPO will be the sticking point with a lot of people. Out of curiosity, how much do you realistically expect to get via the IPO?

Look at something like SpartanCoin, which is doing an IPO. It has a business plan, and planned android/ios wallets. I think they have taken in a total of like 10 btc (not quite over yet, but close). I am just wondering if a couple of btc is worth the trouble for an IPO. Of course if you rake the money in, that argument would be moot ... but there are too many red flags I think to really get a lot of investments.

K0b1

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:20:25 AM

I love this Idea, It seems like you put a lot of thinking here, Seriously great job.

I am in.

BTW
I live in Montreal.

Make us proud - GOOD LUCK

Cool
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 04:52:16 AM

There is also that KingCoiny place, which hasn't opened yet. They do have a nice looking interface based on the info they've given out so far, though. And I like Poloniex, but I still don't quite feel safe leaving too many coins there. But I use them though for small trades.

And perhaps those in Quebec will look upon it differently than outsiders do. I just know to many, they will wonder why Quebec needs a coin. I visited Montreal a long time ago, and it is rather nice, by the way. The fact that French is the predominant language made ordering food a bit of an adventure, as I don't speak it ... but very nice city.

The IPO will be the sticking point with a lot of people. Out of curiosity, how much do you realistically expect to get via the IPO?

Look at something like SpartanCoin, which is doing an IPO. It has a business plan, and planned android/ios wallets. I think they have taken in a total of like 10 btc (not quite over yet, but close). I am just wondering if a couple of btc is worth the trouble for an IPO. Of course if you rake the money in, that argument would be moot ... but there are too many red flags I think to really get a lot of investments.

Montréal is quite bilingual though! If you go a bit further up north you might have a bit more trouble but usually someone can spit out english. I knew the IPO would be a hard sell from the moment I posted, but I think it's a great way to allow me to work on the coin which in return means a higher quality and more promotion which makes the coin more valuable. It really is a win win for both me and anyone investing. I don't expect to make anything if I'm being realistic, but the more I get, the more time I can spend full time on Québecoin. You mentioned that spartancoin got 10 BTC? That's enough for me to work on it the entire summer full time without worry. That's a ton of time spent promoting it.

Now I have to mention, I would never personally invest in something like Spartancoin. They're a really basic clone with a cool name, I could make some long term promises too but the reality is that of course I want an android wallet as well and will make sure we have one for example. I just won't make empty promises or bold claims. QBC is a great coin on technical specs alone, then you add the fact that there's a full time developer and that Québecers actually really love this kind of stuff and stand together. I think anyone mining or investing in it stands to profit. Why would I use Spartancoin instead of Dogecoin for example in promoting events or things like that? Doge has a tremendous community, is fun and easy to use and is the gateway cryptocurrency which brings you into the crypto world. They already have an android wallet and give to many charities and causes. Why would Québecers use Québecoin instead of Doge? It's their coin, it's world class in its features and they can identify with it.

a scam again

be carefully everyone

Yes, be careful everyone.

I love this Idea, It seems like you put a lot of thinking here, Seriously great job.

I am in.

BTW
I live in Montreal.

Make us proud - GOOD LUCK

Cool

Thank you so much! It feels really good having some support! I definitely put in a ton of thought and hard work to make something very special for us. I'm in Montréal too so at some point you'll probably be using QBC!

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:08:11 AM

Montréal is quite bilingual though! If you go a bit further up north you might have a bit more trouble but usually someone can spit out english. I knew the IPO would be a hard sell from the moment I posted, but I think it's a great way to allow me to work on the coin which in return means a higher quality and more promotion which makes the coin more valuable. It really is a win win for both me and anyone investing. I don't expect to make anything if I'm being realistic, but the more I get, the more time I can spend full time on Québecoin. You mentioned that spartancoin got 10 BTC? That's enough for me to work on it the entire summer full time without worry. That's a ton of time spent promoting it.

If 10btc or less is enough for you, then I suppose you may feel it worthwhile. Just checking if your expectations were realistic. I chose Spartancoin to compare, just because it may have a wider appeal as far as investing goes, when compared to Quebec Coin -- not that it was a good coin.

And Montreal is bilingual-ish, or was, at least when I visited. Maybe I just had bad luck, but I found myself in some restaurants and places where all menus were in French, and the staff didn't speak much english. Not a big deal, as I could usually figure out enough to get by.

I just remember how nice their subways were... so nice and clean.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 05:19:59 AM

If 10btc or less is enough for you, then I suppose you may feel it worthwhile. Just checking if your expectations were realistic. I chose Spartancoin to compare, just because it may have a wider appeal as far as investing goes, when compared to Quebec Coin -- not that it was a good coin.

And Montreal is bilingual-ish, or was, at least when I visited. Maybe I just had bad luck, but I found myself in some restaurants and places where all menus were in French, and the staff didn't speak much english. Not a big deal, as I could usually figure out enough to get by.

I just remember how nice their subways were... so nice and clean.

The basis of being happy, if you ask me, is having realistic expectations, then you can be pleasantly surprised when your hard work turns out better than expected. Everything I'm promising right now, I know I can deliver, everything else after that is just a bonus. 10 BTC would be great and I'd expect anyone holding some QBC at that point to make a really nice gain on their investment.

Yeah there's definitely people who don't speak english, it depends on the part of the town. Subways are also better than NYC I guess!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: