Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161801 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:23:34 AM

Subways are also better than NYC I guess!

NYC has obviously a much larger area to cover, but definitely yes. I've been on both ... the ones in Montreal were so much cleaner and felt much, much safer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:35:23 AM

how and when will you allot the 49.45% pre-mine QBC?  
you choose x11 and DGW, that's good.
there are many country coins, if you can make a perfect allot which others do not have, QBC will be a perfect coin for sure.
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:16:50 PM

how and when will you allot the 49.45% pre-mine QBC?  
you choose x11 and DGW, that's good.
there are many country coins, if you can make a perfect allot which others do not have, QBC will be a perfect coin for sure.

Hey I just answered this question in the french forum so I'll paste it here and translate for you.

Nous allons construire un formulaire sur www.qbc.io pour réclamer sa part de QBC et faire de la promotion pour la première distribution. Nous pensons que le moyen idéal de distribuer le tout sera en passant par la carte d'assurance maladie de la RAMQ. La carte est unique et disponible seulement pour les gens résidant dans la province de Québec.  L'avantage avec les autres coins-pays c'est que nous avons 2 ans avant la première distribution officielle, ce qui nous laisse le temps de faire beaucoup de travail pour faire connaître le QBC et faire en sorte que les gens qui n'ont pas encore essayé puissent le faire. Entre temps nous allons pouvoir distribuer des QBC par des promotions radio ou internet par exemple en petit nombre et permettre une croissance naturelle.

Il faut noter que le nombre de coins que nous avons choisi est important. Si chaque personne dans la province de Québec réclamait sa part de QBC - Ils recevraient 0.525 QBC seulement à chaque distribution (5 distributions en 10 ans). Évidemment nous ne nous attendons pas à un aussi haut taux de participation mais si par contre 1/8 de la population (environ 1 million) participe - C'est un montant plus raisonnable de 4.2 QBC par personne. De plus, à chaque distribution le taux de participation risque de monter de manière significative et la valeur pourra grandir en même temps ce qui veut dire qu'une plus petite part répresente un montant relativement similaire.

Auroracoin est un des seuls où la distribution rapide peut faire du sens car ils sont très peu nombreux. Et même là ils ont subi une chute très rapide de la valeur. Regardez le Greececoin (malgré que c'est probablement un scam) (11.28 millions de personne) et le Spaincoin (47.27 millions de personnes). Ils établissent des objectifs irréalistes pour la distribution et leur population est plus nombreuse que la notre. Je doute que 1% de la population connaisse l'existence de leur crypto-monnaie. On parle ici de changer ou proposer une alternative à la monnaie nationale, ce n'est pas quelque chose qui se fait en un mois ou deux, c'est une question d'années et d'adoption graduelle.

We're going to build a page on www.qbc.io where everyone can claim their share of QBC and we'll do a lot of promotion for the first distribution. We think the ideal way of distributing everything will be by using the health insurance card by the RAMQ (the government organization which takes care of health insurance). The card has a unique number and is available only for residents of Québec. The advantage compared to other country-coins is that we have 2 years before the first official distribution, which leaves us a lot of time to put in the work necessary to make sure everyone knows about QBC and that those who haven't tried it yet can get some as well. In the mean time we're gonna distribute smaller amounts of QBC through things like radio or internet promotions and allow a more natural growth.

You have to note that the number of coins we've chosen is important. If every person in Québec (8 million) asked for their part of QBC - they'd receive 0.525 QBC only at each distribution (5 distributions in 10 years). Evidently we won't have such a high participation rate but if we manage to get even only 1/8 of the population (1 million) to participate, it will be a more reasonable amount of 4.2 QBC per person. Additionally, at every subsequent distribution the participation rate will rise in a significant manner and the value of each coin can rise at the same time which means that a smaller number of coins will represent a relatively similar amount.

Auroracoin is one of the the only ones in which a rapid distribution makes sense since they are so few (approx 330 000). And even then they still experienced a rapid drop in value. Look at Greececoin (even though it's most likely a scam) (11.28 million people) and Spaincoin (47.27 million people). They establish unrealistic objectives for their distribution with a population that's a lot larger than us. I doubt that even 1% of people knows about the existence of their cryptocurrency. We're talking here about changing or proposing an alternative to the national currency, that's not something you can do within a month or two, it's a question of years and gradual adoption.

This part I didn't write in the french section but I just remembered, the same shady devs as greececoin are making 'mandarincoin' for China. That's 1.35 BILLION people spread out across an immensely wide and varied country. There's simply no way they are legit and if they were, they're simply crazy for even attempting it. China is clearly against cryptocurrencies right now and the sheer size of the population makes it unfeasible. Québec (and Canada) are very open about bitcoin and technology and Québec has a very united population. It's the perfect place to make something like this happen on a larger scale.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:35:12 PM

Québecoin (After 1 Day)

Current IPO status : 1 Investor owns 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 0.1198 BTC

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:52:14 PM

I read through your announcement after I saw your thank you post in the Darkcoin thread. First idea that springs to mind is sixtyninepointfivebtc.gif but after reading through your responses and looking at the website I actually think you look legit and I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is as the second investor.

My biggest holding is Darkcoin and I like that you've taken notes from Evan cause he's really a great guy and an amazing dev. Plus I think that X11 and DGW will drive a lot of miners to QBC. Now I think you owe me some maple syrup and If you don't deliver I will track you down in Montréal and end you. I'll e-mail you the delivery address.

Good luck and please confirm the transaction and the amount (I should have a bit over half of all the coins) on the IPO page.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 05:33:34 PM

I read through your announcement after I saw your thank you post in the Darkcoin thread. First idea that springs to mind is sixtyninepointfivebtc.gif but after reading through your responses and looking at the website I actually think you look legit and I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is as the second investor.

My biggest holding is Darkcoin and I like that you've taken notes from Evan cause he's really a great guy and an amazing dev. Plus I think that X11 and DGW will drive a lot of miners to QBC. Now I think you owe me some maple syrup and If you don't deliver I will track you down in Montréal and end you. I'll e-mail you the delivery address.

Good luck and please confirm the transaction and the amount (I should have a bit over half of all the coins) on the IPO page.

Thank you so much for being the first public donator. Feels great to have some more support and get the ball rolling! I wouldn't dare skimp on the maple syrup so e-mail me your address to jpgagnon@qbc.io and I'll send your can a bit after launch.

I've updated the IPO page at www.qbc.io/ipo - let me know if there's any mistake with the numbers , you own 51.55% of the IPO coins as of right now - 108 255 QBC ! At 1$/QBC, you'll be a happy man

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 05:54:03 PM

By the way guys, I've been getting PMs and e-mails from people from Montréal wanting to help with marketing and promoting Québecoin and I'm really happy for every bit of support we have. A lot of them actually thought it would be a great idea to have a Québecoin but didn't have the time to make it yet I think. So we'll have a bunch more people promoting it! Big thanks to everyone.

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:55:17 PM

Interesting, Im from Montreal!

From now I mining Einsteinium,but I will fallow this one closely too,maybe deposit some btc,we will see Smiley

Ps: Vive le Québec !   Grin
unhooked

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:57:53 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 08:08:58 AM by unhooked

You need to give people a valid reason for the coin existing, info on how it will be used, and then get the coin into the hands of those who will use it locally.
I think your timetable is off (as mentioned earlier) and really don't think the IPO idea will be worth it,
but that is of course up to you.

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 06:00:11 PM

Interesting, Im from Montreal!

From now I mining Einsteinium,but I will fallow this one closely too,maybe deposit some btc,we will see Smiley

Ps: Vive que Québec !   Grin

Salut! Really glad you'll be mining, we need a lot of people on it to make it as secure as possible.

Not sure if this has already been pointed, but QBC already exists for QuarkBar coin. Might want to check that out.

I made some research beforehand to be sure! QuarkBar coin is actually just "QB" - check it out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488455.0

anonymousxx1503

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:08:42 PM

Looks good! And if QBC reaches 1$, I will suck your dick if I still have 100 000 +

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:22:23 PM

I like the fact you payed homage to Keccak and his crew on Heavycoin, so for that I hope your team has success as well.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 07:00:30 PM

Looks good! And if QBC reaches 1$, I will suck your dick if I still have 100 000 +

I might just take you up on that promise, no homo.

I like the fact you payed homage to Keccak and his crew on Heavycoin, so for that I hope your team has success as well.

Thanks a lot. The only reason I can do what I'm doing today is because I'm following in the footsteps of great people who have worked hard before me. The Heavycoin devs are definitely doing an amazing job, but people tend to focus on the negative news rather than the positive in most cases! I think it's safe to say Heavycoin investors are a happy bunch. The IPO was for 5 000 000 HVC and they raised an amazing 176 BTC - Which puts each HVC @ 3520 Satoshi. The current 24h high is a bit over 4000 satoshi and their all time high was over 7000 satoshi at which investors could get a nice 2x increase on their investment. And they haven't even started yet, every investor is guaranteed to have at least their initial money and it's looking like only up from here.

The Québecoin IPO could reach 200 BTC (which would put every QBC at around 0.42$) and still let investors take a profit once it bumps from there. Of course profitability decreases as investment increases but you can see how HVC now has a solid floor which allows investors to feel safe.

OK. Here's my take on Quebeccoin for what its worth. I'm from Western Canada.

Quebec is a province of Canada. A radical province. They have always wanted to be separate and special. They succeeded via the Liberal government to obtain special status and perks. Even with this, the Separist movement is still strong there.

There is nothing more they would love than to have their own currency. This would enhance the separist movement and make the Quebecers even more "special".

I can see this coin catching on over there if they think it will drive another wedge between themselves and the rest of Canada.

I'm not endorsing this coin. Don't know anything about it or the dev.

People will adopt Québecoin for various reasons but one thing is sure and that's that we will love having our own currency. We're not a bunch of radicals though (of course some people are but that's the case everywhere), there's some people in Québec who want it to separate from Canada and others who want it to stay within Canada. Each side has their share of arguments. Québecoin is neutral to all of that, it's meant to exist as a currency for all Québecers no matter their beliefs. You can be a separatist or a nationalist but chances are you still love maple syrup (sorry for the comparison). Québecoin is Maple Syrup, loved by everyone and it it's not meant for politics or politicians to be used as an argument. It's above all that.

I'm seeing the responses from people already and it's looking really good.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:06:40 PM

Frack it. I'm in. Where's my syrup? 0.10 btc.

8823c337247f73dcf54592822522c6c6b05ef93937d55711ad2185a31e19fa8c

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:01:28 PM

I wonder if new york has a coin yet?

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 08:13:26 PM

Frack it. I'm in. Where's my syrup? 0.10 btc.

8823c337247f73dcf54592822522c6c6b05ef93937d55711ad2185a31e19fa8c

It's right here! I've updated the IPO page at www.qbc.io/ipo

If you notice a mistake please let me know right away!

So far we've got 5 investors over 0.1 BTC  (3 of which are anonymous) so theoretically all Maple Syrup cans are gone. But, the first investor hasn't yet responded to my e-mail asking him if he wants it and another anonymous investor who PMd me hasn't had the time to respond yet.

So there are 3 Cans out of 5 gone for sure and 2 which are potentially available.

For everyone in the 5 first who wants their maple syrup

Please e-mail me with your address and contact details at jpgagnon@qbc.io and we'll send it ASAP. I know someone who owns an 'Érablière' also known as a maple syrup plantation so I have a great deal and someone to ship them for me.

So that goes for anonymousxx1503 and rokkyroad amongst the public ones!

If all 5 initial cans are claimed , we'll move on to investors over 1 BTC who will all receive a can (one can per investor)

Here's the current distribution of the IPO - It's looking really great since everyone has about the same number of coins, hopefully we'll keep it up!

I'm incredibly grateful for all the initial support, the hating has toned down somewhat which is also nice.

Oh and I've been in contact with the people from #Suchpool and they will most likely be our first QBC pool! They have experience with X11 thanks to Darkcoin and Hirocoin pools and I think they'll be the best choice. BONUS : They're from Montréal! So if the pool goes down I can go beat them up with a lead pipe.

anonymousxx1503

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:02:32 PM

Unfortunately I'm down to 46 000 QBC ! So now it has to reach a bit over 2$ ! Still the biggest investor though for the moment.

gg234

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:19:47 PM

Guys this user(sitefive) is blackmailing people in bitcointalk forum.He will put messages all ipo coin threads and demanding BTC for deleting those posts check here for proof be careful with this guy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553124.msg6039800#msg6039800

Souns like yet another IPO Scam

At least I posted the 69.5 BTC GIF myself - take that! Took the bullet right out of your gun.

Stackcoin scammers also posted the GIF by himself.
The difference is you posted it before you get the coins.
That's smart.
But for, it's too smart.

Of course he posted it himself, that's where it comes from! He was the first guy to post it ever. I'm just trying to say I know how an IPO looks at first glance, but then you take a look at the good ones like Heavycoin. They got a ton of support and are now able to work on HVC as their main project, I think that's amazing.

Yup you also got an amazing scam going on Cheesy
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

Unfortunately I'm down to 46 000 QBC ! So now it has to reach a bit over 2$ ! Still the biggest investor though for the moment.

Well as investment goes up, you'll have a bit less QBC, so no worries about the blowjob.

Also for those doubting Canada's and especially Québec's bitcoin and cryptocurrency friendliness

http://www.pfhub.com/bank-of-montreal-mulling-bitcoin-acceptance-476/

Go Québec!

Québecoin (After 1 Day)

Current IPO status : 5 Investors own 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 0.57561405
 BTC

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:39:45 PM

Guys this user(sitefive) is blackmailing people in bitcointalk forum.He will put messages all ipo coin threads and demanding BTC for deleting those posts check here for proof be careful with this guy

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. gg234 PM'd me to show me what this guy was doing. Look at this.

The people who are calling other coins scams... are the scammers. It's like the priests that end up being pedophiles or something. Completely ridiculous. That guy came in here at the beginning with his nice big scam remarks but I think he saw that we look way too legit for him to attack us.

UPcoin seems a bit more vulnerable since they are making claims about having a guaranteed rising exchange rate which seems a bit shady + they had the IPO. They removed their IPO now and are reimbursing users which at least eliminates a bit of risk from they claims they are making and gives them a bit of credibility.

So the lesson is - Make up your own goddamn mind. Read through all the posts, don't believe empty promises and trust your judgement without being blinded by greed and you'll be just fine. In the altcoin world it doesn't seem like a great idea to listen to advice from strangers since they mostly have their self interest at heart. Think for yourself and choose your investments wisely and you'll be richer for it.

Back to regular scheduled programming.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: