Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:21:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161808 times)
kopam

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:32:02 PM

Hmm did not find it in the OP, is there a release date ? Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
   ████████████████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

my gpu's are begging for the release date to be here now...I know why you had to extend it but also was sorta sad too lol.

I'm really anxious to get the mining launch as well but we'll definitely have a smoother launch this way.

Hmm did not find it in the OP, is there a release date ? Smiley

April 18th , it's right under the big QBC logo!

Notice

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be updating the QBC source and wallets to use the latest OpenSSL libraries with the fix for the Heartbleed exploit. Everything will be on the latest version at launch.

I'm also adding another investor the IPO page and will be updating shortly. We've crossed the 8 BTC line!

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:23:02 PM

Notice

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be updating the QBC source and wallets to use the latest OpenSSL libraries with the fix for the Heartbleed exploit. Everything will be on the latest version at launch.

I'm also adding another investor the IPO page and will be updating shortly. We've crossed the 8 BTC line!

This I why I invested. The coin hasn't launched yet and you are already on top of everything, good job!

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
iiikkkxj

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:26:49 PM

JP,
how many people in your team pls?
just got a painful IPO from a shitcoin , then i find you . seems good.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:41:31 PM

Way to go. It's actions like that which show (or should show) everyone that QBC is a legitimate project. You've actually made yourself better than the Auroracoin dev, who dawdled with the fix for the KGW time-warp exploit. There's no telling how much his "above it all" approach hurt his coin, but I can't see how it helped. 

If the IPO doesn't raise what you hoped, that's only a small setback. A lot of the buzz and publicity for QBC in the early stages will come from people independently mining the coin - just as with Auroracoin. Also, the natural buzz from social media. None of these sources require your active involvement, nor should they because they're supposed to be organic. So, if you need to devote your time elsewhere, the only potential "hump" would be if there develops some unexpected technical glitch that you need to work on - but you've done quite a lot of testing and work in advance, so there shouldn't be the usual surprises  Wink 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

JohnnyDaMitch

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:49:04 PM

Way to go. It's actions like that which show (or should show) everyone that QBC is a legitimate project. You've actually made yourself better than the Auroracoin dev, who dawdled with the fix for the KGW time-warp exploit. There's no telling how much his "above it all" approach hurt his coin, but I can't see how it helped.

To be fair, the time warp vulnerability is much less likely to occur in practice, and for a coin that has already been released it requires a hard fork to fix it.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 04:31:52 PM

This I why I invested. The coin hasn't launched yet and you are already on top of everything, good job!

Well I made a few simple promises and I'm sticking to them, it shouldn't be hard but people tend to overpromise and underdeliver. I'll underpromise and overdeliver.

JP,

Hey for the moment we are 2, I'm the dev and I have a close friend/partner working on design and marketing as much as possible.

If you don't mind I'd like to know what IPO was painful for you? I saw that the cleanwatercoin devs made a massive mistake and cost every IPO investor a lot of money. Or is it something else?

If the IPO doesn't raise what you hoped, that's only a small setback. A lot of the buzz and publicity for QBC in the early stages will come from people independently mining the coin - just as with Auroracoin. Also, the natural buzz from social media. None of these sources require your active involvement, nor should they because they're supposed to be organic. So, if you need to devote your time elsewhere, the only potential "hump" would be if there develops some unexpected technical glitch that you need to work on - but you've done quite a lot of testing and work in advance, so there shouldn't be the usual surprises  Wink  

It means a lot that that you recognize QBC as being a quality project. I've got a lot of chances to learn from other peoples mistakes and not make them so that's always good. It doesn't help AUR that some forum members had their sights set on hurting the project through targeted attacks of vulnerabilities.

As for the IPO, I said in a previous post that I have no expectations for a certain amount, the IPO is designed in a way where the best outcome for everyone (including me) is somewhere between 50 and 100 BTC approximately. With the number of IPO coins available and the mining rate of the network, this IPO range creates an equilibrium between the number of coins each investor has, the initial floor price, the profitability for investors and the amount of freedom it allows me in working on it full time as my only project.

If the IPO is too low, one investor could own too many coins and could be able to destabilize the market and the market price would be less stable downwards and I have less freedom in the amount of time I can spend working full time on it. If the IPO is too high (125 BTC+), then profitability, while still existing, drops for all investors. The sweet spot guarantees that QBC will attract lots of attention with a very fair initial market price and a great spotlight on marketcap websites, and that all investors have a fair share of the IPO with a great profit potential without being able to affect the market in a massive way.

What I'm hoping for is that the design of the IPO relative to all other factors allows it to find that equilibrium by itself, it's the way I planned it out.

To be fair, the time warp vulnerability is much less likely to occur in practice, and for a coin that has already been released it requires a hard fork to fix it.

Luckily, like I said just above, I can learn from the mistakes of others and avoid them completely before launch.

edit: I've also updated the IPO page at www.qbc.io/ipo , go check it out! As always let me know if you spot a mistake and I'll fix it ASAP.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 04:48:01 PM

If the IPO is too low, one investor could own too many coins and could be able to destabilize the market and the market price would be less stable downwards and I have less freedom in the amount of time I can spend working full time on it.

I see why you're worried about that. The Aurora chart on Cryptsy looks like a real mess. Someone who bought in the excitement of the high (>0.1 BTC per AUR) is sitting on a 97-99% loss. That's what blue-sky excitement turning into real-world realism can do to a coin's price. The sad part is, AUR is really viable for its purpose. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 05:01:58 PM

If the IPO is too low, one investor could own too many coins and could be able to destabilize the market and the market price would be less stable downwards and I have less freedom in the amount of time I can spend working full time on it.

I see why you're worried about that. The Aurora chart on Cryptsy looks like a real mess. Someone who bought in the excitement of the high (>0.1 BTC per AUR) is sitting on a 97-99% loss. That's what blue-sky excitement turning into real-world realism can do to a coin's price. The sad part is, AUR is really viable for its purpose. 

That's exactly the feeling and situation I want to avoid for people who believe in QBC. That's also why I'm denying random exchanges from adding us. So far I've had 3 exchanges approach me (apart from the official one, BITTREX), and I've refused all three until I check them out thoroughly. I don't want QBC owners/miners/investors/users to be at risk. That same principle applies to the market. Some people may think that they are better off with a low IPO and owning more coins. But that actually hinders the market performance of QBC because every investor would have to be responsible.

Let's say we have 10 investors sharing 210 000 QBC equally on a 10 BTC IPO. That's 21k each which is a huge amount compared to what a miner can expect to make with a good rig within a reasonable time frame. That sets a base price of 0.0000476 BTC per QBC. With the mining rate set up the way it is, a price of 0.002 BTC is actually very reasonable. But to reach that price you'd have to expect all investors to hold off on selling their coins when it hits 0.000467 for example - A 10x increase - or even lower. Irresponsible whales would hold down the price and QBC couldn't reach its potential as easily.

But if you have 100 investors sharing 210 000 QBC equally on a 100 BTC IPO, that's 2100 QBC each with a base price of 0.000476 this time around and the volatility is spread out a lot more evenly amongst all these people because not everyone intends to dump their share right away. That means the price can reach 0.002 or above way more easily. Instead of having a few investors making a profit and destabilizing the market with a lot of coins, you have a lot more investors, each one being able to profit but in a more reasonable manner while allowing the price to grow and a great market cap to be reached. With this example at around 0.002 you still have a 4x return and the coin at that price is actually priced fairly and not overpriced massively like SpainCoin was at 0.008.

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 05:24:30 PM

That's exactly the feeling and situation I want to avoid for people who believe in QBC. That's also why I'm denying random exchanges from adding us. So far I've had 3 exchanges approach me (apart from the official one, BITTREX), and I've refused all three until I check them out thoroughly. I don't want QBC owners/miners/investors/users to be at risk. That same principle applies to the market. Some people may think that they are better off with a low IPO and owning more coins. But that actually hinders the market performance of QBC because every investor would have to be responsible.

Let's say we have 10 investors sharing 210 000 QBC equally on a 10 BTC IPO. That's 21k each which is a huge amount compared to what a miner can expect to make with a good rig within a reasonable time frame. That sets a base price of 0.0000476 BTC per QBC. With the mining rate set up the way it is, a price of 0.002 BTC is actually very reasonable. But to reach that price you'd have to expect all investors to hold off on selling their coins when it hits 0.000467 for example - A 10x increase - or even lower. Irresponsible whales would hold down the price and QBC couldn't reach its potential as easily.

But if you have 100 investors sharing 210 000 QBC equally on a 100 BTC IPO, that's 2100 QBC each with a base price of 0.000476 this time around and the volatility is spread out a lot more evenly amongst all these people because not everyone intends to dump their share right away. That means the price can reach 0.002 or above way more easily. Instead of having a few investors making a profit and destabilizing the market with a lot of coins, you have a lot more investors, each one being able to profit but in a more reasonable manner while allowing the price to grow and a great market cap to be reached. With this example at around 0.002 you still have a 4x return and the coin at that price is actually priced fairly and not overpriced massively like SpainCoin was at 0.008.

I see you've thought this through. Just a note: the danger point re. instability doesn't come from the second-tier exchanges adding QBC to their huge lineups. It comes when Cryptsy gets on board. There's almost a rite of passage: new alt gets listed, its price shoots up, the excitement fades, and the price goes on a long downward slide. I've seen it in the charts for several alts, not just Auroracoin.

As you know, exchange adds are iffy. But it would be a real sign if exchanges add QBC on their own without you being asked or even consulted...

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:47:37 PM

What other exchanges are interested in the coin besides Bittrex? I guess one simple rule of thumb you can use is, if it's dinkier than Bittrex, maybe pass. The exception being if it's a new exchange not open yet, but looks promising.

I have a question regarding valuation. I see you mentioning numbers like .002 per coin as a target. Something I've never quite gotten in crypto-land, perhaps since I am pretty new at this, is why mining rates seem to be mentioned as one of the primary reasons for a particular target. I get why it matters a lot, but it seems too often it's used as the main or only reason for a coin's price.

Air coin did that (and sort of fudged some things with their exchange financial model), which worked for like 2 weeks... then fell apart horribly. I guess I'm wondering why .002 is a target with 42 max coins, yet something like DarkCoin, with a max about half of that, is sitting at .0012ish? I'm not saying Quebecoin can't reach that target, especially short term with some hype... but just wondering if you are being overly optimistic there. The coin also won't get that price bounce before an airdrop, nor a fake market cap (still beats me why people invest based on the fake marketcap to begin with).
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:10:23 PM

I see you've thought this through. Just a note: the danger point re. instability doesn't come from the second-tier exchanges adding QBC to their huge lineups. It comes when Cryptsy gets on board. There's almost a rite of passage: new alt gets listed, its price shoots up, the excitement fades, and the price goes on a long downward slide. I've seen it in the charts for several alts, not just Auroracoin.

As you know, exchange adds are iffy. But it would be a real sign if exchanges add QBC on their own without you being asked or even consulted...

If Cryptsy wants to add us I won't (wouldn't) stop them, it's because they'll want to get in on some volume. They've proven that they are secure and that's the most important. The price could possibly spike up a lot short term but there will be a better floor than any other nation-coin. Excitement will come and go for any altcoin but once it's faded for QBC and every investor and miner has made some money, the real purpose continues for Québec. The first investors and miners are a launch pad for any new crypto, after that I'll be able to continue with the main goal for QBC, adoption in Québec.

Yeah a few exchanges just wanted to add us right away but BITTREX has already proven they can handle some massive volume and they have a great interface. The other exchanges I'm not 100% sure on yet.

What other exchanges are interested in the coin besides Bittrex? I guess one simple rule of thumb you can use is, if it's dinkier than Bittrex, maybe pass. The exception being if it's a new exchange not open yet, but looks promising.

I have a question regarding valuation. I see you mentioning numbers like .002 per coin as a target. Something I've never quite gotten in crypto-land, perhaps since I am pretty new at this, is why mining rates seem to be mentioned as one of the primary reasons for a particular target. I get why it matters a lot, but it seems too often it's used as the main or only reason for a coin's price.

Air coin did that (and sort of fudged some things with their exchange financial model), which worked for like 2 weeks... then fell apart horribly. I guess I'm wondering why .002 is a target with 42 max coins, yet something like DarkCoin, with a max about half of that, is sitting at .0012ish? I'm not saying Quebecoin can't reach that target, especially short term with some hype... but just wondering if you are being overly optimistic there. The coin also won't get that price bounce before an airdrop, nor a fake market cap (still beats me why people invest based on the fake marketcap to begin with).

Europex , Xnigma and CCtrade - They are all "dinkier" than Bittrex, have less reputation so I'm currently reviewing them. I'd rather people not lose their coins on an uproven exchange, not saying that they are bad or anything.

The mining rate isn't the only thing determining price but if Vertcoin for example doubled their block reward tomorrow, would you still pay 1$/VTC, or since production rate has doubled, wouldn't you want to wait until it drops to a new lower equilibrium. The mining rate is related to the price in proportion to the time spent obtaining the coins versus their value and the value you get from mining other coins during the same timeframe as well. That's why websites like coinwarz exist. Usually it would indicate a gap between ease of mining and price, if enough people jump on it, the difficulty rises to reflect the price or the price drops to reflect difficulty after people start selling the coin in question. Depending on the popularity of the coin it could be one or the other or a mix.

I looked into Aircoin and they made some frivolous promises and failed to keep them. No one can guarantee a rising exchange rate, especially in the crypto world. Darkcoin on the other hand is way undervalued in my opinion. I've read through almost the entire Darkcoin thread here on bitcointalk and they've faced a few difficulties which can explain why their price is currently low. First of all a major part of the total supply was mined in the first 24 hours due to a block reward bug which means there are a few larger whales. After that two exchanges they were on were hacked which in turn led to major dumps of darkcoin which kept the price down and it hasn't recovered since. Once their main feature, Darksend, is out of beta, you can expect a big price rise.

In my opinion Vertcoin should in no way be priced higher than Darkcoin and yet it is. They haven't faced the same kind of problems though. Additionally Vertcoin produces way more daily coins that DRK which means they need a bigger influx of money to keep the price stable or rising. I think by the end of the year Darkcoin will be at a range of 0.005 or higher, with bitcoin having made some major progress price wise as well. For a 1000$ BTC you'd have a 5$ or more DRK (I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10$+ DRK either).

QBC will have no instamine on the other hand and in three months (90 days) time we'll have less than half of the coins of Darkcoin or Vertcoin in circulation. Approx 1.5 million including the IPO coins. I think Darkcoin with its great developer and new uniques features will definitely rise in price. The max number of coins currently doesn't really affect the prices, Vertcoin still has 84 million and with more than 2x daily production of Darkcoin.

Everything depends on the markets, but we'll have a solid floor price, a production rate which won't let people dump massive amounts and we'll be rarer than most other coins for quite a while. Take a look at the first nation coin in a while which doesn't seem like a scam, Isracoin. People are going crazy for it as you can see on coinmarketcap. People still like the concept of nation-coins if they're properly executed and the people behind them aren't scammers like greececoin and others. I'm not guaranteeing prices long term, but 0.002 is a very fair target. QBC has the premine for the population of Québec which means that the market cap will be inflated quite a bit and will attract attention as well because of it, but in 90 days at 0.002, even with a 1000$ Bitcoin, our "real" market cap would be only around 3 Million USD$. That's why I think I'm being prudent in my price range by saying 0.002.

SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT

anonymousxx1503

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:42:13 PM

If there's one thing I can agree with (as a holder of a lot of DRK) is that Darkcoin is really undervalued. I think 0.002 is a good target as well with that in mind and everything you explained. Short term hype will most likely bring it way above 0.002 anyways.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:58:21 PM

Everything depends on the markets, but we'll have a solid floor price, a production rate which won't let people dump massive amounts and we'll be rarer than most other coins for quite a while. Take a look at the first nation coin in a while which doesn't seem like a scam, Isracoin. People are going crazy for it as you can see on coinmarketcap. People still like the concept of nation-coins if they're properly executed and the people behind them aren't scammers like greececoin and others. I'm not guaranteeing prices long term, but 0.002 is a very fair target. QBC has the premine for the population of Québec which means that the market cap will be inflated quite a bit and will attract attention as well because of it, but in 90 days at 0.002, even with a 1000$ Bitcoin, our "real" market cap would be only around 3 Million USD$. That's why I think I'm being prudent in my price range by saying 0.002.

Maybe I'm more conservative, but a valuation around .0005-.001 would seem about right to me. I think a lot of nation coins get a false lift due to the airdrop and fake marketcap.

I'm not sure if Isracoin is a scam or not, although I thought I saw someone mention the coin being linked to the makers of MarineCoin.  No idea if it's true or fud. If true... best to stay away from the coin.

And yeah, not so sure about those exchanges. I've tried a couple of the smaller ones (atomic trade, bittrex) and at least they seem like real exchanges (just with low volume). Not sure about the ones you mentioned. Sometimes the dinky exchanges have such low volume its pointless to even get a coin listed there. I like poloniex, as far as smallish exchanges go.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:13:37 PM

Maybe I'm more conservative, but a valuation around .0005-.001 would seem about right to me. I think a lot of nation coins get a false lift due to the airdrop and fake marketcap.

I'm not sure if Isracoin is a scam or not, although I thought I saw someone mention the coin being linked to the makers of MarineCoin.  No idea if it's true or fud. If true... best to stay away from the coin.

And yeah, not so sure about those exchanges. I've tried a couple of the smaller ones (atomic trade, bittrex) and at least they seem like real exchanges (just with low volume). Not sure about the ones you mentioned. Sometimes the dinky exchanges have such low volume its pointless to even get a coin listed there. I like poloniex, as far as smallish exchanges go.

There's no way to know exactly, the odds are stacked in favor of 0.002 rather than 0.001 though all things considered if you ask me. Marinecoin seems terrible to be honest, I think the dev believed that his coin should be above BTC on coinmarketcap... and about the exchanges, that's exactly right, some of them have no volume whatsoever so it's no use having them. I'd be very happy with Bittrex as the first and then Busoni adding us after on Poloniex would be great, we'd have two quality exchanges right away. edit: the airdrop usually causes a drop, not a rise in price and QBC has a delayed airdrop so we won't be facing that problem in the immediate future

Now I've gotten two more big investments, it seems the whales are waking up after all as someone suggested they would. One is an additional investment (approx 0.43 BTC) from someone who had already put in a small amount. The other is the second biggest investment so far at 2.38 BTC, really happy about the numbers rising so quickly now, it looks like people are liking QBC and I've gotten nothing but positive comments in the past few days. As always, please be sure to post in this thread after you invested and I'm continuing to encourage all investors who've contacted me through e-mail and PM to post in here as well.

Thanks to everyone so far and I'll be updating the IPO page in just a few minutes!

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:43:29 PM

IPO table has been updated! Go take a look at www.qbc.io/ipo (mobile friendly too)

Québecoin (After 8 Days)

Current IPO status : 18 Investors own 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 10.87338731
 BTC

22 Investments have been made by 18 investors. 1 Investor has contributed 3 times and 2 investors have contributed 2 times resulting in 22 transactions.

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

IPO PRICE floor as of today : 5177 Satoshi = 1 QBC. Target price is between 0.0002 BTC and 0.0005 BTC after IPO (20k to 50k satoshi).

anonymousxx1503

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:10:31 AM

If Quebecoin ends up like Isracoin ... I'll be a very happy guy.

Dat major pump. The ipo is really growing it seems, I said I'd put in another BTC after 10 were invested total but that came really quickly Tongue, I'll put in another after 20 BTC or something, shouldn't be too long now that people have seen the potential

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:49:27 AM

Marinecoin seems terrible to be honest, I think the dev believed that his coin should be above BTC on coinmarketcap... and about the exchanges, that's exactly right, some of them have no volume whatsoever so it's no use having them. I'd be very happy with Bittrex as the first and then Busoni adding us after on Poloniex would be great, we'd have two quality exchanges right away. edit: the airdrop usually causes a drop, not a rise in price and QBC has a delayed airdrop so we won't be facing that problem in the immediate future

Marinecoin is utterly terrible ... I mentioned the rumored connection to Isracoin as a warning. That said, it may be pure fud. It's hard to tell nowadays with so many trolls about. The marinecoin website looks like it was put together by a madman (and/or complete scam artist) with dreams of grandeur.

KingCoiny may also turn out to be okay, if they ever open their doors. Their screenshots of what their exchange will look like seem pretty decent. In my opinion they picked a horrible name for their exchange, but you may want to keep an eye on it.

As for the airdrop increasing a coin's price, I meant before the drop actually occurs. I am not even sure why it occurs, but for several coins their value went up as the drop approached... then of course fell to the ground after the drop (as logic would dictate).
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:04:02 AM

If Quebecoin ends up like Isracoin ... I'll be a very happy guy.

Dat major pump. The ipo is really growing it seems, I said I'd put in another BTC after 10 were invested total but that came really quickly Tongue, I'll put in another after 20 BTC or something, shouldn't be too long now that people have seen the potential

Haha yeah it's growing really quickly, I'm really glad it seems like we are primed for a liftoff, investments have been growing in size too. No one can control the market but if we end up like Isracoin, a lot of investors will be happy but it will also create some bagholders amongst the buyers on the market. With a bit of luck we'll get a nice initial pump and then drop down to a steady realistic price. Here's the IPO so far, it really looks like we're gonna get some more bigger investments, especially as the end of the IPO comes closer.

Marinecoin is utterly terrible ... I mentioned the rumored connection to Isracoin as a warning. That said, it may be pure fud. It's hard to tell nowadays with so many trolls about. The marinecoin website looks like it was put together by a madman (and/or complete scam artist) with dreams of grandeur.

KingCoiny may also turn out to be okay, if they ever open their doors. Their screenshots of what their exchange will look like seem pretty decent. In my opinion they picked a horrible name for their exchange, but you may want to keep an eye on it.

As for the airdrop increasing a coin's price, I meant before the drop actually occurs. I am not even sure why it occurs, but for several coins their value went up as the drop approached... then of course fell to the ground after the drop (as logic would dictate).

Yeah Marinecoin seems pretty delusional to be honest. It looks like a randomly thrown together coin trying to justify its own existence afterwards. As for Isracoin comparisons, once the coin is released there is no way to control the market, but as I said above, hopefully we'll get a nice pump and get some attention while dropping down not too far back to a realistic price. I'll look into KingCoiny, never heard about it. And the airdrop might cause a little bump since it gathers media attention but it's never as big as the initial pump it seems.

iiikkkxj

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:32:50 AM
Merited by xsentus (10)

JP,

Hey for the moment we are 2, I'm the dev and I have a close friend/partner working on design and marketing as much as possible.

If you don't mind I'd like to know what IPO was painful for you? I saw that the cleanwatercoin devs made a massive mistake and cost every IPO investor a lot of money. Or is it something else?

yup, that's water coin , i invested 0.9BTC there.now it's only 0.068.
due to the dev's rather slow response after there's issue. also opinionated fork by only dev themselves,still non-working win wallet even now. i quit. 
that's a real shit IPO! devs never be responsable for their IPO investers.

i suggust that you add more code devs in the team . only 1 is not enough, you can't take everything yourself ,  right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: