Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:46:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161808 times)
biguenique

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:06:35 AM

Hi everyone,

One of my friend and I are planning to write a rather comprehensive series of articles in French to promote Québecoin in Québec.

We were really excited by the announcement of the coin. It was a relief to see JPGagnon's brilliant effort to put up a credible cryptocurrency for Québec, in a way that very effectively promotes the national identity of Quebecers and supports the rationale for them having their own crypto currency, while cleverly keeping away from any ideological or political justifications -- which is, in Québec, a véritable tour-de-force in my view. As JPGagnon brilliantly supports, Québec is definitely a fertile land to grow a national cryptocurrency. He's actually bringing to reality what most crypto-enthusiasts have been thinking of, in a way that could hardly have been better executed.

We'd be more than glad if the community would feed us with some indications, material, ideas or references that would help make those articles interesting to the average Quebecer, or if anyone is willing to get involved in authoring or co-authoring one of these articles. Here is the approximate order of the subjects we want to cover in the series.

1. Présentation du Québecoin / Presentation of Québecoin
Many people have already heard of Bitcoins in Quebec, but in general the public knowledge is rather poor about it. And as someone already stated here, the medias are rather stiff about it and generally emphasize the unreliable/risky part of if. The goal of the first article is to bring the attention on the fact that Quebec now has it's own currency, and use this as a lever to educate the readers about the fact that Bitcoin has already multiplied in many other cryptocurrencies, each with their own particularities. We would also introduce the concept of regional currencies, making the parallel with Auroracoin (Iceland's response to their financial collapse had pretty good publicity on social networks in Québec), and I'm thinking of including a reference to the Mazacoin as well. Quebecers are generally very sensitive about native issues, the defense of the rights and equity, and the other cultural identities. I would, at this stage, certainly need some explanations on what is and how IPO works, and what it implies for Québecoin in particular.

2. Pourquoi les cryptomonnaies? / Why cryptocurrencies?
I'll leave the redaction of this article to my friend, who has already made a lot of research in the past on the banking system as part of his anthropology studies. The idea is to compare the cryptocurrencies with the traditional national fiat currencies. Cryptocurrencies are a very effective tool to approach the very basic facts about the banking system and the way it issues money, which are completely ignored by the vast majority of people. Hopefully, this article can help open their eyes on who issues the fiat money and how the cryptocurrencies are questioning this, offering alternatives to traditional trust money. This would also allow exposing some perspective with the reality of Québec and the Québecoin.

3. Crypto 101 (Cryptomonnaies pour les nuls / Cryptocurrencies for dummies)
The purpose of this article is to inform on the way cryptocurrencies actually work. I'll start by stating that cryptography has very ancient roots, and exposing, in a way easy to understand, the very central cryptographic theorems on which crypto currencies rely: the fact that « anything that can be done with a trusted authority can also be done without it » through cryptography, and maybe some vulgarization of the concept of zero-knowledge proof (some ideas about it and how to explain how it plays in cryptomoney would definitely be welcome). This part would advocate that cryptocurrencies are based on rigorous scientifical facts. I would then brush a quick history of the theories on crypto money, so to show that bitcoin didn't pop out from nowhere, but was the first effective application of long-lasting research (any insights welcome). Then I'll jump into more technical stuff. Having read the bitcoin whitepaper recently, I was surprised how easy it actually was to understand. I think it wouldn't be that hard, from there, to make the basics understandable to anybody showing a little will to understand. From there we could trace the history of bitcoin, mining pools, the multiplication of cryptocurrencies, the ASIC frenzy, the introduction of Scrypt and Litecoin, and finally Darkcoin and X11, leading to Quebecoin, but now that I'm talking about it, I realize that this article could easily be split in 2 or 3 articles!

4. Utilisation du porte-monnaie / Using the wallet
Now that the Quebecoin and cryptocurrencies no longer have secrets for the average reader, he's ready to start using a Quebecoin wallet. Basically, this will be a concise tutorial on how to install the wallet, receive and send coins. This is where, for the average reader, cryptomoney stops being an abstract, fuzzy concept, and materializes. Of course, installing a wallet with no money to trade won't probably be a very empowering exercise, so at this stage, it would be cool to organize some giveaways, for example, sending a Quebecoin to anyone registering to a community site, installing the wallet and providing a valid address, while suggesting Quebecoin addresses of Québec organisms to which they can send some back, completing both transactions while helping some causes of their choice. Such an operation would enforce both their feeling of empowerment and the sense of community behind the currency.

5. Comment "miner" le Québecoin / How to "mine" Québecoin
A central property and innovation of cryptocurrency is the way it is emitted. It is important that this concept is well understood by people, and to make it easy for them to start mining the coin themselves. This brings the "empowerment" feeling of the currency one notch higher. So this would take the form of a tutorial as well, bringing concise and immediate information on mining, usage of CPU and GPU, how to install and configure a miner, how to register to a pool and start mining right away. The goal is to make mining accessible to anyone who can use a mouse and can be guided to run a shell command. For this article, I'm thinking of using SuchPool as a reference, since it is, to my knowledge, the only serious Québecoin local pool whose servers are actually located in the province. I can link to other pools as well. (Comments and ideas welcome.)

6. Comment échanger ses Québecoins / How to exchange your Québecoins
Money isn't money if you can't spend it. If we want Quebecers to adopt the coin, at some point they will need to be able to spend them to buy stuff. This implies either: 1. merchants that accept them; 2. the ability to exchange them against other cryptocurrencies accepted by merchants; 3. the ability to exchange them for fiat cash that can be spent anywhere. At the rate of approximately one article per week, this would be a couple months from now. Hopefully, there would already be at least a few merchants that accept Québecoins. There is already Bittrex where you can exchange your Québecoins against other coins. As how to exchange coins for cash, we still need to work on it. I've been discussing this with my friend. I think it wouldn't be too hard to set up an online geolocalized trading system to help people meet up in order to buy or sell the coins; this would be a nice moment to introduce such website. Any idea on how we could put this up welcome. Such an infrastructure and the presence of local traders are actually an essential condition to promote acceptance of Québecoins by merchants, which is the aim of the next article.

7. Comment accepter les Québecoins / How to accept Québecoins
The goal of this article is to answer quickly and comprehensively to questions Québec merchants may have on the technical requirements to start accepting Québecoins as well as the financial risk involved. Supported by the corpus of previous articles, I think this would be able to address any hesitation a merchant would have, given that he is actively looking for these answers.

We are still considering options as where we're going to first publish these articles. I think we need to consider where they will get most exposure to the appropriate audience. The idea is to make Quebecoin known to a larger audience while providing sufficient material for motivating the most curious of them. Each article might even benefit from being published on different media, depending on the subject. And of course, this should not limit the articles from being freely republished from website to website, in order to reach different niches. Being busy with other projects as well, we wouldn't deny any bounty or compensation offer, neither, although this is not our core motivation.

I would have like to already have published the first article in the series, but couldn't actually find the necessary time recently. On the other hand, taking advice from the community before we start is not a bad idea in itself. I will probably begin the redaction of the first article in the beginning of next week, and my friend will also have more time for putting up the second one next week, so any advice will be warmly welcomed. (Sorry for the rather large post.)
kiki6990

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:22:57 AM

Hi everyone,

One of my friend and I are planning to write a rather comprehensive series of articles in French to promote Québecoin in Québec.

We were really excited by the announcement of the coin. It was a relief to see JPGagnon's brilliant effort to put up a credible cryptocurrency for Québec, in a way that very effectively promotes the national identity of Quebecers and supports the rationale for them having their own crypto currency, while cleverly keeping away from any ideological or political justifications -- which is, in Québec, a véritable tour-de-force in my view. As JPGagnon brilliantly supports, Québec is definitely a fertile land to grow a national cryptocurrency. He's actually bringing to reality what most crypto-enthusiasts have been thinking of, in a way that could hardly have been better executed.

We'd be more than glad if the community would feed us with some indications, material, ideas or references that would help make those articles interesting to the average Quebecer, or if anyone is willing to get involved in authoring or co-authoring one of these articles. Here is the approximate order of the subjects we want to cover in the series.

Many people have already heard of Bitcoins in Quebec, but in general the public knowledge is rather poor about it. And as someone already stated here, the medias are rather stiff about it and generally emphasize the unreliable/risky part of if. The goal of the first article is to bring the attention on the fact that Quebec now has it's own currency, and use this as a lever to educate the readers about the fact that Bitcoin has already multiplied in many other cryptocurrencies, each with their own particularities. We would also introduce the concept of regional currencies, making the parallel with Auroracoin (Iceland's response to their financial collapse had pretty good publicity on social networks in Québec), and I'm thinking of including a reference to the Mazacoin as well. Quebecers are generally very sensitive about native issues, the defense of the rights and equity, and the other cultural identities. I would, at this stage, certainly need some explanations on what is and how IPO works, and what it implies for Québecoin in particular.

I'll leave the redaction of this article to my friend, who has already made a lot of research in the past on the banking system as part of his anthropology studies. The idea is to compare the cryptocurrencies with the traditional national fiat currencies. Cryptocurrencies are a very effective tool to approach the very basic facts about the banking system and the way it issues money, which are completely ignored by the vast majority of people. Hopefully, this article can help open their eyes on who issues the fiat money and how the cryptocurrencies are questioning this, offering alternatives to traditional trust money. This would also allow exposing some perspective with the reality of Québec and the Québecoin.

The purpose of this article is to inform on the way cryptocurrencies actually work. I'll start by stating that cryptography has very ancient roots, and exposing, in a way easy to understand, the very central cryptographic theorems on which crypto currencies rely: the fact that « anything that can be done with a trusted authority can also be done without it » through cryptography, and maybe some vulgarization of the concept of zero-knowledge proof (some ideas about it and how to explain how it plays in cryptomoney would definitely be welcome). This part would advocate that cryptocurrencies are based on rigorous scientifical facts. I would then brush a quick history of the theories on crypto money, so to show that bitcoin didn't pop out from nowhere, but was the first effective application of long-lasting research (any insights welcome). Then I'll jump into more technical stuff. Having read the bitcoin whitepaper recently, I was surprised how easy it actually was to understand. I think it wouldn't be that hard, from there, to make the basics understandable to anybody showing a little will to understand. From there we could trace the history of bitcoin, mining pools, the multiplication of cryptocurrencies, the ASIC frenzy, the introduction of Scrypt and Litecoin, and finally Darkcoin and X11, leading to Quebecoin, but now that I'm talking about it, I realize that this article could easily be split in 2 or 3 articles!

Now that the Quebecoin and cryptocurrencies no longer have secrets for the average reader, he's ready to start using a Quebecoin wallet. Basically, this will be a concise tutorial on how to install the wallet, receive and send coins. This is where, for the average reader, cryptomoney stops being an abstract, fuzzy concept, and materializes. Of course, installing a wallet with no money to trade won't probably be a very empowering exercise, so at this stage, it would be cool to organize some giveaways, for example, sending a Quebecoin to anyone registering to a community site, installing the wallet and providing a valid address, while suggesting Quebecoin addresses of Québec organisms to which they can send some back, completing both transactions while helping some causes of their choice. Such an operation would enforce both their feeling of empowerment and the sense of community behind the currency.

A central property and innovation of cryptocurrency is the way it is emitted. It is important that this concept is well understood by people, and to make it easy for them to start mining the coin themselves. This brings the "empowerment" feeling of the currency one notch higher. So this would take the form of a tutorial as well, bringing concise and immediate information on mining, usage of CPU and GPU, how to install and configure a miner, how to register to a pool and start mining right away. The goal is to make mining accessible to anyone who can use a mouse and can be guided to run a shell command. For this article, I'm thinking of using SuchPool as a reference, since it is, to my knowledge, the only serious Québecoin local pool whose servers are actually located in the province. I can link to other pools as well. (Comments and ideas welcome.)

Money isn't money if you can't spend it. If we want Quebecers to adopt the coin, at some point they will need to be able to spend them to buy stuff. This implies either: 1. merchants that accept them; 2. the ability to exchange them against other cryptocurrencies accepted by merchants; 3. the ability to exchange them for fiat cash that can be spent anywhere. At the rate of approximately one article per week, this would be a couple months from now. Hopefully, there would already be at least a few merchants that accept Québecoins. There is already Bittrex where you can exchange your Québecoins against other coins. As how to exchange coins for cash, we still need to work on it. I've been discussing this with my friend. I think it wouldn't be too hard to set up an online geolocalized trading system to help people meet up in order to buy or sell the coins; this would be a nice moment to introduce such website. Any idea on how we could put this up welcome. Such an infrastructure and the presence of local traders are actually an essential condition to promote acceptance of Québecoins by merchants, which is the aim of the next article.

The goal of this article is to answer quickly and comprehensively to questions Québec merchants may have on the technical requirements to start accepting Québecoins as well as the financial risk involved. Supported by the corpus of previous articles, I think this would be able to address any hesitation a merchant would have, given that he is actively looking for these answers.

We are still considering options as where we're going to first publish these articles. I think we need to consider where they will get most exposure to the appropriate audience. The idea is to make Quebecoin known to a larger audience while providing sufficient material for motivating the most curious of them. Each article might even benefit from being published on different media, depending on the subject. And of course, this should not limit the articles from being freely republished from website to website, in order to reach different niches. Being busy with other projects as well, we wouldn't deny any bounty or compensation offer, neither, although this is not our core motivation.

I would have like to already have published the first article in the series, but couldn't actually find the necessary time recently. On the other hand, taking advice from the community before we start is not a bad idea in itself. I will probably begin the redaction of the first article in the beginning of next week, and my friend will also have more time for putting up the second one next week, so any advice will be warmly welcomed. (Sorry for the rather large post.)
This will be totally awesome, we need all population from Quebec to find out about this new cryptocurrency designed especially for them, and this is the greatest method to inform them. Good luck in your writing!

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 11:48:38 AM

Hi everyone,

Wow, that's ambitious. Smiley

Have you given thought to making a podcast version?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

walletcombile

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:20:00 PM

we need a big media to report it.
walletcombile

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:21:54 PM

and good job dude.
QBC will success with the efforts like you make.
speakoo

Activity: 224
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:25:23 PM

we should keep voting.

walletcombile

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:36:09 PM

We also need BTC votes .
NO.1 is 365Coin. 86,650 votes.
we have just 710 votes now.
nobodywanttocry

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:02:25 PM

seems most of you hold QBC in bag.can someone sell me 1,000 at 0.0001

Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:27:16 PM

We are kinda stingy when it comes to QBC, its just because you can't mine a lot very quickly Smiley
nobodywanttocry

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:37:08 PM

We are kinda stingy when it comes to QBC, its just because you can't mine a lot very quickly Smiley

um ,so i have to wait ?

judikael

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:21:20 PM

Hi everyone,

You know if you can get something like this out to the media in quebec it explains very well about cryptocurrencies...

Vous avez penser a peut etre contacter les media avec tel information?meme du genre le journal de montreal avoir une page dedie juste pour sa en expliquant quoi est le cryptocurrency!? cest genial ton article!
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:41:54 PM

Regarding the article once we have The android wallet we could easily have merchants accept QBC using the wallet like a Point of Sale program.

Also JP after speaking with many people in crypto I think getting that premine locked up for the airdrops needs to be priority one. In addition I guess some people have issue with homie pouring one out to scrypt miners. I personally like it but the consensus found it not professional.

Just my input and what I've gathered.
SCATMANSTEVE

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:21:53 PM

Hey guys, Just a heads up about OkayPool as I see there are a few folk mining there. ITS A SCAM!

Look at this thread from last month where people were reporting it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=513762.0

Most of the other coins he had pools runnning for are now down and people were reporting no payouts days before it. He stole a few thousand coins from me and is not responding to PM's!

nobodywanttocry

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:11:18 PM

Regarding the article once we have The android wallet we could easily have merchants accept QBC using the wallet like a Point of Sale program.

Also JP after speaking with many people in crypto I think getting that premine locked up for the airdrops needs to be priority one. In addition I guess some people have issue with homie pouring one out to scrypt miners. I personally like it but the consensus found it not professional.

agree.

android wallet  & premine coins locking .

Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:32:50 PM

Please spread the hash rate around, okaypool has 80% of the network.
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

agree.

android wallet  & premine coins locking .

Working on these two things for the moment! I have someone in mind (well known in the technology and computer fields from Montréal) to help us lock up the premine. This person has an amazing reputation and can be trusted for helping secure the premine. Right now the QBC bounty is not as attractive as a BTC bounty so I'm trying to see what can get me an Android wallet quickly.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Delivereath

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:20:58 PM

Any chance to have a top 100 rich list like this : http://coinia.net/groestlcoin/getbalance.php?top=100 ??
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:57:55 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 02:08:53 AM by Lemayilleur

Hi everyone,

Wow, that's ambitious. Smiley

Have you given thought to making a podcast version?

C'est de tout beauté... J'ai eux les larmes au yeux en lisant tout les bonnes nouvelles dans ce post. Cry

Y'a tu un group style google group, un circle, un facebook group, Github , un BLOG, TWITTER ... - Ya tu quelque part ou les enthousiaste comme vous et moi discute des idées, priorités et etc? Tant pour le Quebecoin que pour la crypto en géneral?

I wont double post so I'll just leave this here. I stumbled on this video last night thought I'd share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43OKYmGbhU
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:35:51 AM

Just did a QBC giveaway on poloniex, quite a few ppl posted addresses so I did my part for the day, night all!
czvezda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:44:57 AM

http://qbc.pool.mn
We have finally resolved all withdrawal issues. Please withdraw your coins. The pool has been under massive DDoS for many days, but your coins are safe.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: