Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161813 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:58:30 PM

That's not accurate at all to say, I'm not disappearing. The reality is that the entire crypto market seems fatigued of almost every altcoin, coinmarket cap is a deserted wasteland when it comes to volume except for some top 20 coins. In terms of features, QBC is still great but there is 1 coin release a day (or more) and the market has a very short attention span. I can't possibly get merchants to accept QBC before gaining a semblance of volume on the crypto markets, otherwise they are getting a coin which they can't exchange for money, which they do need to run their business. I'm still looking into the multipool with another developer and that's the first thing that will get us some steady volume. The competition is fierce and this overload of currencies is now thinning out the herd in cryptos, a few newcomers gain attention for short amounts of time, the established leaders are gaining ground and coins which are really thinking about long term may stand a chance as well. Let me go through all the posts here and make sure I haven't missed any important discussion.

Nice to see you about again. I do suggest trying to post a bit more often, like you used to, at least until the coin's price moves up a bit. People get nervous when devs who are around all the time all of a sudden vanish.

Multipool should help. And I still suggest getting on at least one other exchange. You should post info on how you plan to handle local giveaways/distribution, as I recall you mentioning some coins would be given out to Quebec people for promo purposes. I also suggest cryptosandwich, and similar sites, to handle some giveaways.

Has Poloniex responded to you at all? Staying too long on Bittrex as a coin's main exchange can be a bit dangerous.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:14:36 PM

So.... how about that elephant in the room then people? Is it safe to say that the dev's dissapeared with the IPO money? Smiley So much for the Quebec my motherland and my maple syrup better than yours  Cheesy

That's not accurate at all to say, I'm not disappearing. The reality is that the entire crypto market seems fatigued of almost every altcoin, coinmarket cap is a deserted wasteland when it comes to volume except for some top 20 coins. In terms of features, QBC is still great but there is 1 coin release a day (or more) and the market has a very short attention span. I can't possibly get merchants to accept QBC before gaining a semblance of volume on the crypto markets, otherwise they are getting a coin which they can't exchange for money, which they do need to run their business. I'm still looking into the multipool with another developer and that's the first thing that will get us some steady volume. The competition is fierce and this overload of currencies is now thinning out the herd in cryptos, a few newcomers gain attention for short amounts of time, the established leaders are gaining ground and coins which are really thinking about long term may stand a chance as well. Let me go through all the posts here and make sure I haven't missed any important discussion.

That's funny to hear you speak like a grizzled and burnt out vet, yet your coin has only existed since April 19, 2014.

You can't throw in the towel after 11 days because your coin price is low.  Grin

Haha sorry that's not what I meant at all, didn't want to come of depressed or anything! I just mean there really is a general fatigue, it's harder now to generate volume than it was a even as recently as two months ago. I trust that the QBC multipool will generate enough volume to get us back to a very reasonable price. It takes less than 1 BTC to bring it over IPO levels right now and I'll be renting rigs for the multipool too to help kickstart it. Some people were sending me PMs about buying up coins and putting up buy walls, that's not the way to go for long term growth though.

I know what you mean and it's accurate. Many coins are in similar positions. There are close to 600 altcoins now so it's no surprise.

Yeah I'm not too suprised to be honest, when I look at the announcement page for new coins I want to throw up in my mouth a bit. There's just so much garbage, only a few coins can really shine through and they are mostly organized pump and dumps masquerading as legit coins. It's a sad sight, I mean take a look at Reddcoin for example, they brought out POS-Velocity yesterday as an exciting new feature and their price increased a lot, got over 100k in volume - 24 hours later - https://i.imgur.com/bAo9U0p.png barely 6.5k in volume and that quick decrease.

For 99% of coins any new info is used to pump price and then move on. I'm trying to look into the multipool on my side too, don't know if you object JP, hashcows seem to be adding rounds of other coins into their multipool and that could be a good start, will anyone else try to message them to add QBC to their multipool? They got like ISRAcoin and others for example.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:14:45 PM

Nice to see you about again. I do suggest trying to post a bit more often, like you used to, at least until the coin's price moves up a bit. People get nervous when devs who are around all the time all of a sudden vanish.

Multipool should help. And I still suggest getting on at least one other exchange. You should post info on how you plan to handle local giveaways/distribution, as I recall you mentioning some coins would be given out to Quebec people for promo purposes. I also suggest cryptosandwich, and similar sites, to handle some giveaways.

Has Poloniex responded to you at all? Staying too long on Bittrex as a coin's main exchange can be a bit dangerous.

I'm disappointed to say Poloniex (Busoni) has not responded to me so far, I saw that others had contacted them too. I think we may need a bit more volume to get them to put in the effort. So first step is still the Multipool for automated buying of QBC.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:44:55 PM

I'm disappointed to say Poloniex (Busoni) has not responded to me so far, I saw that others had contacted them too. I think we may need a bit more volume to get them to put in the effort. So first step is still the Multipool for automated buying of QBC.

Although it wouldn't be my first choice (actually it's my last choice), maybe consider CoinedUp, Atomic-Trade, or Austin Global Exchange? Someone here brought up a good point that arb trading is one way to bring up volume. I know the Noble coin dev liked using the Austin exchange after CoinEx went under. They sometimes run promos for discounts on specific coin trades too. Personally I never used them, and barely used the other ones I listed. But something is better than nothing.
ghonyme

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:02:25 PM

I think coinedupis the best place for this coin.

JP, what will you do/buy with IPO coins ? Maybe, it could be interesting to buy vote on cryptsy...

Website : http://cryptobec.com (many services for quebecoin will arrive....)
Pool : http://pool.cryptobec.com
Exchange : http://exchange.cryptobec.com
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:08:55 PM

JP, what will you do/buy with IPO coins ? Maybe, it could be interesting to buy vote on cryptsy...

As much as I dislike saying it, he may wish to offer a bounty for poloniex.

Offer a bounty to get listed on one of the bigger exchanges. I believe I have seen poloniex claim it from other coins. Yeah, it's basically paying for a coin to get listed, and no idea if they'd even take it. But it's a lot easier than buying votes on mintpal/cryptsy, and must be cheaper.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:39:23 PM

Offer a bounty to get listed on one of the bigger exchanges. I believe I have seen poloniex claim it from other coins. Yeah, it's basically paying for a coin to get listed, and no idea if they'd even take it. But it's a lot easier than buying votes on mintpal/cryptsy, and must be cheaper.

Or maybe just leave things be and concentrate on the multipool. In the meantime, there's always lowball bids. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:16:51 PM

Or maybe just leave things be and concentrate on the multipool. In the meantime, there's always lowball bids. Wink

This! Multipool and Android wallet before being bothered too much with exchanges.
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:24:34 PM

This! Multipool and Android wallet before being bothered too much with exchanges.

I'm not so sure it has to be one or the other. Getting on a smaller exchange would probably just take an email from the dev. For something like poloniex or a larger exchange, it'd just be a bounty offer on the main page of this thread. Like 5 min. of work?

I'll admit it won't matter much if other stuff isn't done, but trying to get on another exchange won't affect multipool or android stuff in a negative way.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:34:29 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 08:57:10 PM by Lemayilleur

Hi,

I just joined the forum, been mining QBC for a couple days now even if I don't know much about cryptocurrency.

I'm an IT Systems Integrator in the Gatineau, QC area.

I have access to a fast hosting server in IWeb data center in Montreal where I could setup a quick bilingual Wordpress and PHPbb for free (of course QBC donations would be nice)

Just let me know and I can setup everything within an hour or so.

one of us...one of us...ONE OF US

Another Gatinois! Cheesy Welcome in the Crypto currency world.

Any idea if there's such a thing as storage w/ electricity and internet somewhere in Gatineau? I'll be moving in Val-Des-Monts this june, and I wont have internet for a couple weeks (maybe even months). All of my 11 GPUs would be sitting in a basement not doing anything until service a provider show up in that region...

Any more details? Is it going to be hosted in Quebec? Or are you just paying for the multi pool to be built as you want it to be?

I think I can successfully lock down the premine within two weeks, I'll be giving my suggestions soon and we'll be able to determine the best course of action. As I've stated before I have absolutely no intention of touching the premine and I love the idea of locking it down.

I've tried to kick off this discussion with you before, but you don't seem to care to much. I understand you don't owe any of us anything tho.

Even thought I'm worried about it, I feel like you should not rush the pre-mine lock too fast. The discussion should start as soon as possible, but the lock down could wait and kick-in at strategic time. Don't you think? Lets just assume you had the pre-mine locked today... No body would really give a fuck, they are busy with other things right now lol. At least that's my opininon.

I'm not so sure it has to be one or the other. Getting on a smaller exchange would probably just take an email from the dev. For something like poloniex or a larger exchange, it'd just be a bounty offer on the main page of this thread. Like 5 min. of work?

I'll admit it won't matter much if other stuff isn't done, but trying to get on another exchange won't affect multipool or android stuff in a negative way.

What kind of bounty you think it would take? There's 3000 QBC for the Wallet and it has no traction at all... What kind of bounty would Busoni require? 10, 100, 1000$?
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:46:32 PM

What kind of bounty you think it would take? There's 3000 QBC for the Wallet and it has no traction at all... What kind of bounty would Busoni require? 10, 100, 1000$?

Actually I have no idea. I just remember seeing a new coin with an exchange bounty listed, and stating it was claimed by poloniex. I'm also not sure how the dev can word it so that only a decent sized exchange accepts it. Usually the bounties are for any exchanges, and the dinky ones probably can be gotten on for free.

It's weird that Busoni hasn't returned the devs emails. I mean, if you look at the coins accepted, it's not like they all need to be earthshattering great coins with super high volume. They just took that asiacoin and colbert coin, for instance.

And I mean a btc bounty. IPO money could be used instead of QBC.
ordenadoresatm

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:46:44 PM

I proposed to Crypsty to add the Quebecoin. They asked me that they would study it. Maybe JP could talk directly to them. I am working with this trade very often and it works very well.
If someone does not have an account, this is my refereed link https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=234502  Grin Wink

Niced to see you again JP. Good luck with your multipool (By the way, are we talking about merged mining?)
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:09:18 AM

I'm 100% against buying votes. The only thing I'm buying with the IPO is time to work on QBC and I'm also considering a BTC bounty for the Android Wallet since QBC has not yet seen real volume.

A QBC bounty is probably a good idea, getting added to Poloniex gives it value.

I think I can successfully lock down the premine within two weeks, I'll be giving my suggestions soon and we'll be able to determine the best course of action. As I've stated before I have absolutely no intention of touching the premine and I love the idea of locking it down.

I've tried to kick off this discussion with you before, but you don't seem to care to much. I understand you don't owe any of us anything tho.

Even thought I'm worried about it, I feel like you should not rush the pre-mine lock too fast. The discussion should start as soon as possible, but the lock down could wait and kick-in at strategic time. Don't you think? Lets just assume you had the pre-mine locked today... No body would really give a fuck, they are busy with other things right now lol. At least that's my opininon.

You're right about the pre-mine lockdown, I'm trying to do a collaboration with a well known person which will give it some exposure as well. I'll time the lockdown with the launch of a multipool and make an announcement. People were clearly excited about the launch, we hit an unbelievable 5.5+ GH/s within 24h, so I think we can gather some more attention with a combined Lockdown + Multipool announcement.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
sorryguys

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:42:37 AM

Oh, happy to see JP's back.   Something happened , it's really bad  to the price.
daddyiamsorry

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:43:33 PM

I missed the IPO. I'll catch up mining at such a low hashes.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:09:50 PM

I missed the IPO. I'll catch up mining at such a low hashes.

That's the spirit!
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:39:12 PM

What's with the crash on Bittrex? That's quite a lot of selling and a real price crash. An -89.8 move.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:26:18 PM

What's with the crash on Bittrex? That's quite a lot of selling and a real price crash. An -89.8 move.

Its kinda evident that the coin is dead. Drop in Hashrate to less that 1 GH and People selling at whatever satoshis they can get. Its so undervalued right now that about 80% of the coins on bittrex could be bought for under 3 BTC... but nobody's bothering to. That is saying something very loud and clear.

In the off chance that Poloniex or Mintpal picks it up, this coin has hopes of a comeback.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:11:14 PM

Its kinda evident that the coin is dead. Drop in Hashrate to less that 1 GH and People selling at whatever satoshis they can get. Its so undervalued right now that about 80% of the coins on bittrex could be bought for under 3 BTC... but nobody's bothering to. That is saying something very loud and clear.

In the off chance that Poloniex or Mintpal picks it up, this coin has hopes of a comeback.

I wouldn't say it's dead, but I might put it in critical condition.

There are a couple of issues going on, but they aren't that easy to fix.

First, the nation coin fad sort of came and went between the coin ann, and its release. What makes the coin better than other nation coins also leads to less hype, so people just ignore it.

That, and I think the dev may have underestimated the speed at which crypto moves, which was one of my concerns with the 2 year drop plan. By the time any drops occur, the coin may be worthless (ie maza). The first two weeks during a coin's release is when people want to see an active dev, new wallets, new exchanges, and a bit of hype around a coin. And I don't mean just to pump the coin for a later dump. Just to raise the floor of the coin to respectable levels and keep volume.

That's why I mentioned that if poloniex can't be convinced to take the coin right now, it may not be a bad idea for the dev to look at smaller exchanges. It's not ideal, but it's something. If it was me, I'd try to try to set up an arrangement similar to what Noble did with that Austin exchange... get them to promote the coin, offer a discount right on their main page.
Circonference

Activity: 87

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:49:25 PM

I just came across a cool website: http://www.dogecache.com/

I studied tourism in college. This would be quite fun. I am trying Dogecache right now. It would be fun to put them into Google Street View instead of Maps. So it would require a certain knowledge fo Quebec to find them like in Geoguessr...
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: