Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:41:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161811 times)
easternboy

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:07:52 PM

The dev disappeared for days .  I worry about this, maybe he has lost the passion to the coin.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:21:09 PM

The dev disappeared for days .  I worry about this, maybe he has lost the passion to the coin.

I am also worried. I hope the premine is safe. However, there is no volume in the exchanges, so there is no dump from the premine.
endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

right now, I am feeling quite stupid for continuing to mine this coin.

Sad
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:36:43 PM

I`m doing my best here, i don`t have any good ideas on how to promote this coin, on how to make it grow a little. We are all waiting for good news from the dev. Maybe he has a good plan for this. Dev??

There are viable ways to promote the coin, but unfortunately most of them require the dev to be involved.

Giveaways, both locally and online, tend to be the first thing most coins do. Get cryptosandwich and bitbullions involved and give some coins away there. Offer some coins for signatures. I also don't know if it was a lie, or what happened, but didn't the dev say at some point people were contacting him for interviews or more info? That could of helped.

So the dev needs to do a marketing push, then get at least 1-2 other exchanges to take the coin. Forget Mintpal, that ain't happening. If Poloniex is out of the picture, the dev should pick 2 of the smaller, yet not completely dinky/amateur, exchanges.

Multipool would help. Android wallets would help a little, I guess (although not sure if it really matters at this point).

And finally the dev should lay out a timetable, get the premine locked down, and do all of that sort of stuff most coins do in the first week of release.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 05:20:42 PM

Lets look at harder options people. Time is precious in crypto universe. Lets give JP a deadline... say till 12th May. If he's not back or is absconding, we yell "scam" in red for 10 mins and move on. If he was an honest guy who got hit by a truck - tough luck. We say a prayer for 10 mins and still move the fuck on. Here's what I propose:

-  community take over. Getting a solid team together, and rebranding.

- A hard fork similar to AsiaCoin where the premine is effectively unspeandable and the subsequent reduction in the total number of coins makes the coins more valuable. No 50% nonsense to Quebeckers and all that shit. Those days are over. You want it, you earn it.

- An openly announced instamine for a specified period (say 2 hours) or upto a certain block number just before launch. This would be the payment for the dev and his team, bounties for exchanges, quality pools, translators, wallet makers, cobblers, tailors, designers and all that rebranding stuff. The said people would complete the work in good faith that they would be paid after the instamine. I suggest paying them generously to get top quality work and a tip for working on trust. The compensation would of course be transparent.

Feel free to add on to the ideas as you see fit. I'm sure things will take form organically. I'm also pretty sure JP is reading this through a sockpuppet account  Cheesy

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:29:42 PM

Lets look at harder options people. Time is precious in crypto universe. Lets give JP a deadline... say till 12th May. If he's not back or is absconding, we yell "scam" in red for 10 mins and move on. If he was an honest guy who got hit by a truck - tough luck. We say a prayer for 10 mins and still move the fuck on. Here's what I propose:

-  community take over. Getting a solid team together, and rebranding.

- A hard fork similar to AsiaCoin where the premine is effectively unspeandable and the subsequent reduction in the total number of coins makes the coins more valuable. No 50% nonsense to Quebeckers and all that shit. Those days are over. You want it, you earn it.

- An openly announced instamine for a specified period (say 2 hours) or upto a certain block number just before launch. This would be the payment for the dev and his team, bounties for exchanges, quality pools, translators, wallet makers, cobblers, tailors, designers and all that rebranding stuff. The said people would complete the work in good faith that they would be paid after the instamine. I suggest paying them generously to get top quality work and a tip for working on trust. The compensation would of course be transparent.

Feel free to add on to the ideas as you see fit. I'm sure things will take form organically. I'm also pretty sure JP is reading this through a sockpuppet account  Cheesy

Way too early I think to be considering that sort of thing. A couple of weeks from now, maybe, if the dev just vanished completely.

If we are just thinking aloud, rebranding would be the first order of business. I would avoid any nation coin connotation or purpose, go POS, and simply giveaway the premine to everyone, ie community/itc/share coin style. Use part of the premine as a bounty for new wallets and coin changes. The current price is so low, it'd avoid the airdrop problem somewhat, as there isn't much point to selling at current prices, and Bittrex is pretty low volume anyway.

But that is just random thoughts on what I would do with an abandoned coin. And again, too early to really consider it. It's possible that the dev has just been really busy in RL, and misjudged how important it is to have a forum presence.
cassius69

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:37:10 PM

u got 12 hours to send the syrup or else.  Grin

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:00:24 PM

What?
He never even sent the maple syrup?

sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 06:04:29 PM

-  community take over. Getting a solid team together, and rebranding.

Way too early I think to be considering that sort of thing. A couple of weeks from now, maybe, if the dev just vanished completely.

If we are just thinking aloud, rebranding would be the first order of business. I would avoid any nation coin connotation or purpose, go POS, and simply giveaway the premine to everyone, ie community/itc/share coin style. Use part of the premine as a bounty for new wallets and coin changes. The current price is so low, it'd avoid the airdrop problem somewhat, as there isn't much point to selling at current prices, and Bittrex is pretty low volume anyway.

But that is just random thoughts on what I would do with an abandoned coin. And again, too early to really consider it. It's possible that the dev has just been really busy in RL, and misjudged how important it is to have a forum presence.

If im not mistaken, I think the premine is with the dev right? POW or POS, I'm sure we can all agree that the last thing we want in a revived coin is 50% of the coins in the hands of the guy who never showed up. "Deleting" those those coins is the fair thing to do. Also going completely POS is a bit unfair on the people who were mining it till now hoping for the prices to increase "someday" when the dev returns. Plus a date like 12th or 13th is far enough to effectively make the dev MIA for 10 days. I believe if someone is missing for 10 days, its saying something. If they do turn up on the last minute, I guess a damn good story is good enough.

I personally cannot think highly of someone who took money from people saying its for him to actively promote and develop the coin for the next one year, and then go missing a few days later after. If he's in a coma / paralyzed / dead, he cannot be a dev. If he's back when he's done being "busy", he's not good enough to be a dev.

As for misjudging the presence on the forum, I think he knew exactly how important it was. Otherwise you would see it as consistent in his behaviour.... ie the notiecable absence before and after launch. But we know that's not true. He knew that while raking in the money, he needed to be be active on the forums. He also knew being active after was equally important because the whole premise of asking for the money was to take the time off and remain active like like he is at the moment.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 06:10:36 PM

The Kubler-Ross model on the 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

I think we're somewhere in between 3 and 4 Smiley

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:12:05 PM

He joined the forum only 15 days before starting this thread.
JP might come back, or has he already gotten busy with the next IPO?

poornamelessme

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:33:47 PM

If im not mistaken, I think the premine is with the dev right? POW or POS, I'm sure we can all agree that the last thing we want in a revived coin is 50% of the coins in the hands of the guy who never showed up. "Deleting" those those coins is the fair thing to do. Also going completely POS is a bit unfair on the people who were mining it till now hoping for the prices to increase "someday" when the dev returns. Plus a date like 12th or 13th is far enough to effectively make the dev MIA for 10 days. I believe if someone is missing for 10 days, its saying something. If they do turn up on the last minute, I guess a damn good story is good enough.

I personally cannot think highly of someone who took money from people saying its for him to actively promote and develop the coin for the next one year, and then go missing a few days later after. If he's in a coma / paralyzed / dead, he cannot be a dev. If he's back when he's done being "busy", he's not good enough to be a dev.

As for misjudging the presence on the forum, I think he knew exactly how important it was. Otherwise you would see it as consistent in his behaviour.... ie the notiecable absence before and after launch. But we know that's not true. He knew that while raking in the money, he needed to be be active on the forums. He also knew being active after was equally important because the whole premise of asking for the money was to take the time off and remain active like like he is at the moment.

Probably true in regard to POW vs POS. I didn't consider it'd be unfair to those who have been mining. I'm not a miner, so my brain tends to prefer POS naturally.

I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt, as it is possible for family emergencies/things to happen in RL, where you can't be about much for a while. If you ask me if this is the case, I'd say probably not. But I wouldn't say it's an impossibility.

Anyway, we shall see. Worst case, several weeks from now, consider a community takeover. Syrup coin... the first crypto backed by the valuable commodity of... umm... syrup.
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 06:44:59 PM

come on... you can't be that naive. Those 5 or so posts before the "newbie back then" started his coin was a clear indication to gain credibility for wannabe sherlocks who will surely shuffle through post histories when he starts the ANN page. I simply think its next to impossible to make a coin if you are not getting a pulse of this forum. He was not new into the world of coins... you could see that from his responses to the other "fake" quebec coin that cropped up in between for a while.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:54:23 PM

come on... you can't be that naive. Those 5 or so posts before the "newbie back then" started his coin was a clear indication to gain credibility for wannabe sherlocks who will surely shuffle through post histories when he starts the ANN page. I simply think its next to impossible to make a coin if you are not getting a pulse of this forum. He was not new into the world of coins... you could see that from his responses to the other "fake" quebec coin that cropped up in between for a while.

He was not new into the world of coins.
Him being a sock puppet is obvious, "only 15 days" was referring to his current username. 

JP might come back...
A fact which cannot currently be denied.

...or has he 'already gotten busy' with the next IPO?
Meaning he is gone and this thread is a scam.

Where do you see anything "naive" in those two statements?

unhooked

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:56:00 PM

Another one bites the dust?

cassius69

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:56:57 PM

Him being a sock puppet is obvious, "only 15 days" was referring to his current username. 

JP might come back...

of course its a scam. Wink

sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:02:51 PM

What?
He never even sent the maple syrup?

Some lines you just do not cross  Angry

sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:05:03 PM

JP might come back...

Ok misunderstanding.... I thought you were saying he really was a newbie Smiley I come in peace [V]

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:05:30 PM

Come on people. Give it up already. Qbc is dead in the water. JP jumped ship when he saw it was not going anywhere.

JP is missing in action? Most likely took a nice holiday.

For those who still hold coins, I am sorry.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:11:04 PM

of course its a scam. Wink

Sorry to see that.
His enthusiasm about local adoption sometimes seemed genuine.
Someday we will have more honest people starting projects.

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: