Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161804 times)
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:07:54 PM

Out of curiosity I checked the dev posting history just now. He has posted here twice in the entire month of may. I don't even have that many Quebecoins, don't have a real vested interest in how the coin even does at this point, and I have posted here more than that.

Unless the dev has succumbed to a terrible maple syrup accident, I don't really see any excuse anymore. To say he's busy working on android wallets, or whatever, is still not an excuse.

Working on his next project? Look for a new IPO opening soon. If it offers a Celine Dion cd for the first ipo buyers run like hell ... LOL.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghonyme

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:41:56 PM

Out of curiosity I checked the dev posting history just now. He has posted here twice in the entire month of may. I don't even have that many Quebecoins, don't have a real vested interest in how the coin even does at this point, and I have posted here more than that.

Unless the dev has succumbed to a terrible maple syrup accident, I don't really see any excuse anymore. To say he's busy working on android wallets, or whatever, is still not an excuse.

Working on his next project? Look for a new IPO opening soon. If it offers a Celine Dion cd for the first ipo buyers run like hell ... LOL.

Yes Jp, we are waiting for news Smiley....

If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

Website : http://cryptobec.com (many services for quebecoin will arrive....)
Pool : http://pool.cryptobec.com
Exchange : http://exchange.cryptobec.com
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:44:44 PM

If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

This may have been the best idea yet.
kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:12:59 PM

We are all waiting for some good news from the developer. This is a big community here, i agree, and we have to give great value to this coin.

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:27:35 PM

This may have been the best idea yet.

I've been saying that for a while now.... forking it + invalidating the 21 mill coins JP is holding. It doesn't matter if this is a scam or not. An inactive dev is reason enough.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:21:16 PM

I've been saying that for a while now.... forking it + invalidating the 21 mill coins JP is holding. It doesn't matter if this is a scam or not. An inactive dev is reason enough.

What counts an an inactive dev though? It's been around a week since he last posted here, that's not long enough.  And I have no idea how people would even go about doing the fork.

If it's like this a month from now... yeah... I'd say that would be long enough.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 12:08:38 AM

What counts an an inactive dev though? It's been around a week since he last posted here, that's not long enough.  And I have no idea how people would even go about doing the fork.

If it's like this a month from now... yeah... I'd say that would be long enough.

The two posts a month does not count as an active dev. Why is it so hard for people to grasp that he's runaway with the money? Its like everyone here is desperately trying to find other interpretations and conspiracy theories and other things and not looking at the simplicity of the matter. Even the Emirates coin guy came back to his thread to post some pics. It means nothing if his last activity was a meaningless post a week back. Why is everyone being all Hitchcock about some fundamental things like dev took money and left. And if he does come back, and goes on a condemning trip to the nay sayers monologue, what good of a dev is he?

The last I remember he was quite comfortable working on the wallet AND communication in the forum. So we know he's not the type who locks himself in a room Howard Huges style and come out when the work is done. We can never have a fork unless the community and everyone accepts it... and we can't do that with a majority sitting on the fence and crossing their fingers. I've sold my stash and have no involvement in this coin. My interest is purely on an curiosity and social experiment kinda level here Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:28:35 AM

The two posts a month does not count as an active dev. Why is it so hard for people to grasp that he's runaway with the money? Its like everyone here is desperately trying to find other interpretations and conspiracy theories and other things and not looking at the simplicity of the matter. Even the Emirates coin guy came back to his thread to post some pics. It means nothing if his last activity was a meaningless post a week back. Why is everyone being all Hitchcock about some fundamental things like dev took money and left. And if he does come back, and goes on a condemning trip to the nay sayers monologue, what good of a dev is he?

The last I remember he was quite comfortable working on the wallet AND communication in the forum. So we know he's not the type who locks himself in a room Howard Huges style and come out when the work is done. We can never have a fork unless the community and everyone accepts it... and we can't do that with a majority sitting on the fence and crossing their fingers. I've sold my stash and have no involvement in this coin. My interest is purely on an curiosity and social experiment kinda level here Smiley

Well, to me, we still need to be fair. Two weeks of relative inactivity isn't enough time, in my opinion. As for looking for other interpretations, I already stated the only things that made sense to me earlier in this thread... and there aren't a whole lot that make sense anymore besides: Dev ran off with money, or Dev is inept and has a different concept of time in the cryptoworld than just about everyone else.

I sold a couple hundred of my spare quebecoins that I got from my crumb ipo profits (put them into dreamcoin to turn them into a  bigger crumb). I think I have around 170 quebecoins leftover, which is more than the tiny ipo amount I started with, but it's not like they are worth anything  now... so it's not like I would try to find some rationale to support the dev or find reasons why he isn't posting here. I just think we need to be fair though.

For those who spent 1btc+ on the ipo, we owe it to them to give them more time before people talk about forking the coin and such. Although in reality, longterm, that probably would result in a better price for them, if the premine is destroyed.
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:45:51 AM

Here's the deal, if a dev is alone the responsibility of promotion/activity/question answering falls solely on him/her.  Only when you have a team to cover your down time is it acceptable to take more than 3 days off a relatively newish coin. JP you were more than happy to be active before you got all the IPO and launch. I feel like a fool for advertising on the side for you. I even lost some credibility with an exchange owner for advocating qbc's adoption. Since you know I make a living off crypto this was a slap in the face. Given our PM's pre launch you had me completely fooled.

Enjoy my bitcoin, karma is a bitch though.
kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:31:56 AM

Did anyone try to contact JP? To let him know about the activity on this thread? We need some news from him, we need him to post here what`s his activity and what direction we should follow. I`m starting to think that i trust too much this coin, but i`m not going to leave the boat yet.

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:41:20 AM

He last wrote there would be a hardfork within 2 weeks, still a week to go. If there is no communication
about that, well, that's bad.

Running a crypto is a huge project, and after the first excitement there comes a tired feeling. It may be
that JP has succumbed to that, or else he is unable to channel his energies and is absorbed in some sideproject
like the android wallet. I know from first-hand experience how tempting it is to put behind all the unfinished
business and the din of human communication and just escape into coding.

Yes this could be a scam but I haven't been picking up that vibe. What I'm saying is that there are other possibilities.

“God does not play dice"
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:13:26 AM

Did anyone try to contact JP? To let him know about the activity on this thread? We need some news from him, we need him to post here what`s his activity and what direction we should follow.

I tried to get his opinion for the tool/location to gather the enthusiast. I asked him twice via twitter, and twice via e-mails. I wanted to know if he would rather create a sub-domain on QBC.io for the forum, or let the community handle that on their own. But I might of annoyed him - I had never used twitter before QBC and I didn't know what I was doing lol. I think I might of @'d him too much and he got tired of my shit.

Anyhow, he did not reply. But both Quebecoin.info and Quebecoin.org - the two domain I suggested to buy and get hosting for - are now gone. I managed to grab something else, but now I'm worried who ever got those 2 might be working on something which would spread and dilute the effort.

A fellow Quebecer who has experience offered to spend some of his time setting up a Forum/WordPress. So I went ahead and bought a domain name and host for it. But I'd feel bad wasting his precious time, only to find out someone else is working on something similar.

This is why it would have been nice to have JP’s thought.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:59:16 AM

Do you know that with this you're opening a Pandora box?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
kuanglinliang

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:51:36 PM

How much is premined?
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:20:33 PM

How much is premined?
Québecoin Stats

2.5 minute block time

26 coins per block

Subsidy halving at 420480 blocks (~2 years)

Total coins : 42 Million

Premine : 21 Million - 50% for the population of Québec

IPO : 1% of the 50% Premine (210k QBC) (0.5% of the total)

Bounties : 0.1% of the 50% Premine (21k QBC) (0.05% of the total)
ghonyme

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:32:40 PM

Why ? I don't understand the problem with that....

Website : http://cryptobec.com (many services for quebecoin will arrive....)
Pool : http://pool.cryptobec.com
Exchange : http://exchange.cryptobec.com
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:03:47 PM

Also curious why you say this. It's only a pandora's box if the dev is active, or semi-active. If he truly vanishes, it's the only way to proceed.
aslove

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:13:18 PM

well , JP is dissapeared.
what's about the maple syrup?

"As for the maple syrup, I will guarantee that it will be shipped before May 11th (Sunday). I'll post a pic before having them sent out too. "
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:23:57 PM

Also curious why you say this. It's only a pandora's box if the dev is active, or semi-active. If he truly vanishes, it's the only way to proceed.

It's because once the community will act like a central bank (invalidating coins , decline transactions or anything close to that) there is always the problem it might do the same again but this time affecting all the users.
An example... increasing 10 times the total number of coins , or halving the coins currently held in the wallets.

The same discussion happened about the btc sized by the fbi , just check the reactions :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412041.0

And even if you claim the community wants it , it is best for the coin this way... do you really think the community (in this case the bagholders) will always make the best choices?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Sn0op

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:25:09 PM

Premine : 21 Million - 50% for the population of Québec

Concrete, population of Québec=Dev? No?  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: