Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:20:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161808 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:31:24 PM

It's because once the community will act like a central bank (invalidating coins , decline transactions or anything close to that) there is always the problem it might do the same again but this time affecting all the users.
An example... increasing 10 times the total number of coins , or halving the coins currently held in the wallets.

The same discussion happened about the btc sized by the fbi , just check the reactions :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412041.0

And even if you claim the community wants it , it is best for the coin this way... do you really think the community (in this case the bagholders) will always make the best choices?

The community of any coin typically will vote on whatever best suits them short-term, and longterm be dammed --just human nature.

I should have clarified, when I agree the coin should be forked if the dev has truly vanished, I mean a new dev team would need to take over. The community can agree or not agree on destroying the premine (which would have to happen for the coin to continue). But longterm, a new dev team would have to take over. You can't just have a coin with nobody at all in charge.

And you can't have a former dev sitting on over half the coins in a premine, if a new team takes over. He can kill the coin whenever he so pleases if he ever cashes out.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:38:31 PM

It's because once the community will act like a central bank (invalidating coins , decline transactions or anything close to that) there is always the problem it might do the same again but this time affecting all the users.
An example... increasing 10 times the total number of coins , or halving the coins currently held in the wallets.

The same discussion happened about the btc sized by the fbi , just check the reactions :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412041.0

And even if you claim the community wants it , it is best for the coin this way... do you really think the community (in this case the bagholders) will always make the best choices?

The community of any coin typically will vote on whatever best suits them short-term, and longterm be dammed --just human nature.

I should have clarified, when I agree the coin should be forked if the dev has truly vanished, I mean a new dev team would need to take over. The community can agree or not agree on destroying the premine (which would have to happen for the coin to continue). But longterm, a new dev team would have to take over. You can't just have a coin with nobody at all in charge.

And you can't have a former dev sitting on over half the coins in a premine, if a new team takes over. He can kill the coin whenever he so pleases if he ever cashes out.

Why no recreating the coin from scratch with new features the community wants (if any)? , different time block distribution of block rewards mining scrypt etc..
From my point of view it would be way better.

Are that many coins already mined?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:41:38 PM

Why no recreating the coin from scratch with new features the community wants (if any)? , different time block distribution of block rewards mining scrypt etc..

If a new dev team wanted to fork and add more features, they certainly could.  But again, whatever is done, the premine would need to be killed.

The dev is sitting on half of the coins, 50% premine.
ghonyme

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:57:30 PM

Currently, the first priority is JP come back Smiley. I still believe in him.

If we decide to fork the currency, I think we need to have more organization and a clear view of what we will do:
- large team with more than one people to dev the coin, maybe the public name of one or two people is a good idea to avoid another scam
- exchange aggreement
- roadmap

I think we can wait two weeks and see if JP will be back.

An other important thing is that JP could not stay alone with this coin. He should accept help from others like you and me to build the futur of quebecoin.

Website : http://cryptobec.com (many services for quebecoin will arrive....)
Pool : http://pool.cryptobec.com
Exchange : http://exchange.cryptobec.com
Circonference

Activity: 87

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:04:18 PM

If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

What do you mean there is a large community on this project? All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside and a bunch of butthurt people on the forums making maple syrup jokes. There are about 20 people in the community and it will be eroded by the fact that there is a new X11 coin coming out every single day.

There is a slow burn-in plan for this currency which was freely shared at the beginning of the project. This slow plan is EXACTLY right for the rate of technology adoption we have in our little North American cultural bubble. There is nothing going on to indicate missaproriation of IPO funds or flooding of the market with huge amounts of mystery coins. There is no effort to manipulate the currency for pump and dump purposes. We have access to this information and can monitor it 24/7. Whatever the fuck do you want more?!

I study 650 currencies actively and most are scams from the start or doomed to fail because of qualitative and technological reasons. I am just as interested in why they fail as why some seem to be succeeding right now. QBC has one developer. That is the biggest danger for the currency in the medium term. The medium term is right now until this Fall. Right now, the biggest organic success I see is Darkcoin (DRK) and X11 coins may just be the only coins one can mine this summer. Remember, this summer is the first summer of massive home coin mining ever. This will change the landscape yet again.

I do not have a cynical one liner to convey the complexity of the alt coin mining and speculative market but maybe...

The business as usual activities of all the fraudulent currencies coming out everyday are skewing the perceptions of people who do not have access to more than 48 hours of memory.

Marie-Lynn
http://circonfrence.ca
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:10:46 PM

If a new dev team wanted to fork and add more features, they certainly could.  But again, whatever is done, the premine would need to be killed.

The dev is sitting on half of the coins, 50% premine.

Just as the above poster has said about the community , it will be quite hard to find out somebody who is willing to take over a project that is not in the best shape rather than starting it as he please from strat.

But again , i'm no holder and i'm not a fan of "nation" coin so my view should be seen just as one of a casual visitor to the forum.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:14:56 PM

What do you mean there is a large community on this project? All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside and a bunch of butthurt people on the forums making maple syrup jokes. There are about 20 people in the community and it will be eroded by the fact that there is a new X11 coin coming out every single day.

There is a slow burn-in plan for this currency which was freely shared at the beginning of the project. This slow plan is EXACTLY right for the rate of technology adoption we have in our little North American cultural bubble. There is nothing going on to indicate missaproriation of IPO funds or flooding of the market with huge amounts of mystery coins. There is no effort to manipulate the currency for pump and dump purposes. We have access to this information and can monitor it 24/7. Whatever the fuck do you want more?!

Actually the fact that we can't see the dev doing anything at all is the problem. The syrup is sort of meaningless (unless people here really love syrup), but if a dev won't do that one little thing, it erodes confidence. If a dev is super active before an ipo, then vanishes... again, confidence in the coin erodes.

Slow burn-in is one thing. A dev vanishing or just being scarce is another. The dev can do whatever he wants with his ipo funds, so he can't misappropriate it -- if he put it into darkcoin, he'll be set for a while...
The premine is also currently safe, to the best of my knowledge. People are simply thinking aloud as to backup plans, if the dev never returns.
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:18:58 PM

Just as the above poster has said about the community , it will be quite hard to find out somebody who is willing to take over a project that is not in the best shape rather than starting it as he please from strat.

But again , i'm no holder and i'm not a fan of "nation" coin so my view should be seen just as one of a casual visitor to the forum.

Agreed. Maybe one or more of the big ipo people have some dev skills,or can find a dev. No idea.

I hold a measly 175 or so coins, so no big deal to me either way. I already cashed out my original tiny ipo amount a while ago for a tiny profit -- I can't lose anything, nor really gain much either. I'm mostly just posting here still out of curiosity, and the fact that I did trust the dev originally.
ghonyme

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:21:26 PM

If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

I study 650 currencies actively and most are scams from the start or doomed to fail because of qualitative and technological reasons. I am just as interested in why they fail as why some seem to be succeeding right now. QBC has one developer. That is the biggest danger for the currency in the medium term. The medium term is right now until this Fall. Right now, the biggest organic success I see is Darkcoin (DRK) and X11 coins may just be the only coins one can mine this summer. Remember, this summer is the first summer of massive home coin mining ever. This will change the landscape yet again.

I do not have a cynical one liner to convey the complexity of the alt coin mining and speculative market but maybe...

The business as usual activities of all the fraudulent currencies coming out everyday are skewing the perceptions of people who do not have access to more than 48 hours of memory.

Marie-Lynn

Totally agree, it's what I said in my post, one dev is not enough !!!

kiki6990

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:24:36 PM

The premine is still safe and untouched and so it will remain. I`ll post again the transaction link for everybody to see that the amount is untouched and everybody should keep calm and mine or trade QBC, or both. We are all waiting for JP to come, i still have patience, but i don`t know for how long:)
Here is the transanction link with the premine amount.

http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/8d187425647c6f307df5d0f59638ed61917695bb0236cfffb9fa25eb9bde8106#i0

Keep calm, and don`t forget maple syrup has lots of calories and lots of sugar and it`s not good for our weight:)

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:26:36 PM

Marie-Lynn

One dev is not enough, i agree with that, but we can`t takeover the coin without JP`s approval, it`s just unfair to do that. It`s his project and his work and we have to appreciate that.

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
ghonyme

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:43:29 PM

Marie-Lynn

One dev is not enough, i agree with that, but we can`t takeover the coin without JP`s approval, it`s just unfair to do that. It`s his project and his work and we have to appreciate that.

I agree and hope JP will be ok with that.

sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 09:52:57 PM

All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside

This is the kind of blindness that will never get this coin forked or take the coin higher.A lot of people here are just not seeing things objectively here. There are too many people here with "hope" and manga eyes looking up at JP. But hope is also time consuming. And I'm certain that if JP comes here tomorrow and says "Hi, working on the wallet, bye", that internal clock gets reset and we're on this loop again.

The question is not whether he's coming back or not. The real question is why you are shutting out logic and giving him credibility. Why this biased selectivity in picking out positive traits and ignoring the negative ones? Why is his absence being correlated with working on the wallet and the new DGW? The simcoin dev was able to collect over 100 BTC without even an escrow and is working on something completely from scratch from the ground up. Even he finds time to come once a day and respond to legitimate question. JP's work in inplementing DGW3 is a fraction of that. So yes, I find it difficult to give this fellow my credibility. I have provided a reason. If you could do the same and provide an argument that is in support of his credibility, I (and many others I assume) would be happy to consider it.

But if all you have is hope, faith, fingers crossed and chest thumpings, then I'm sorry.... I don't think you can be reasoned out of your beliefs, just like a religious fanatic cannot be reasoned out of his beliefs.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:58:33 PM

I don't think this is going to be an issue long-term. I am ordering Quebecoin promotional material to give out when I go to developer events. I am learning a great deal watching this thread about the expectations of early adopters and I will keep that in mind when we launch our own coin. I do not think that it's a core developer's job to chit chat with people on Bitcointalk, it's the same kind of erosive expectation people have from book authors, spending all this time doing stupid interviews, events, blogging and tweeting. Bleh! Maybe I am influenced by my career as an I.T. project manager where I saw how forum participation kills developer attention span.

What I will do though is contact JP again and ask him how I can help him with communication and PR. Perhaps through a weekly update. I already asked him for a in person meeting and will hold him to it Smiley

I will follow-up.

Marie-Lynn
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:21:31 PM

All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside
If you could do the same and provide an argument that is in support of his credibility, I (and many others I assume) would be happy to consider it.

I have no hope and no faith in 95% of alt coins. However some of the ones I know to be scams are making their investors, developers and pumpers and dumpers money.  It's a speculative bubble where everybody and their cousin is launching a coin everyday (actually more than one coin come out everyday now.) It really doesn't make a difference if there is zero value in most alt coins. There is value in alt coins as a huge decentralized research and development project. The time I invest in learning the ins and outs of this world has been causing me to say goodbye to thousands of dollars in time opportunity I can't sell for development work.

To answer your question: I am one of the intended users of this currency because I live in Quebec and I do not care about the 650 QBC I own because I will likely give them all away anyway. Even if QBC reached the Darkcoin price it would still not be a decent payout for the time investment, I have and will be putting into QBC. It is not a get rich quick scheme, it is a long-term project.

Sorry if I cannot be sorry about your bag of QBC. I will buy them from you, just send me a quote.

Marie-Lynn
endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:54:15 AM

This is the kind of blindness that will never get this coin forked or take the coin higher.A lot of people here are just not seeing things objectively here. There are too many people here with "hope" and manga eyes looking up at JP. But hope is also time consuming. And I'm certain that if JP comes here tomorrow and says "Hi, working on the wallet, bye", that internal clock gets reset and we're on this loop again.

The question is not whether he's coming back or not. The real question is why you are shutting out logic and giving him credibility. Why this biased selectivity in picking out positive traits and ignoring the negative ones? Why is his absence being correlated with working on the wallet and the new DGW? The simcoin dev was able to collect over 100 BTC without even an escrow and is working on something completely from scratch from the ground up. Even he finds time to come once a day and respond to legitimate question. JP's work in inplementing DGW3 is a fraction of that. So yes, I find it difficult to give this fellow my credibility. I have provided a reason. If you could do the same and provide an argument that is in support of his credibility, I (and many others I assume) would be happy to consider it.

But if all you have is hope, faith, fingers crossed and chest thumpings, then I'm sorry.... I don't think you can be reasoned out of your beliefs, just like a religious fanatic cannot be reasoned out of his beliefs.

Well said...

This coin needs someone to be here and represent...answer questions, calm fears, reassure miners and investors alike....

As a miner I am particularly unsettled as per the lack of communication here.
I keep mining hoping for the best, but I have no idea if someone is actually even giving energy to this project any more.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:57:01 AM

I don't think this is going to be an issue long-term. I am ordering Quebecoin promotional material to give out when I go to developer events. I am learning a great deal watching this thread about the expectations of early adopters and I will keep that in mind when we launch our own coin. I do not think that it's a core developer's job to chit chat with people on Bitcointalk, it's the same kind of erosive expectation people have from book authors, spending all this time doing stupid interviews, events, blogging and tweeting. Bleh! Maybe I am influenced by my career as an I.T. project manager where I saw how forum participation kills developer attention span.

What I will do though is contact JP again and ask him how I can help him with communication and PR. Perhaps through a weekly update. I already asked him for a in person meeting and will hold him to it Smiley

I will follow-up.

Marie-Lynn

Your analogy with the book author would be a little off from the truth. Unlike a book author who puts his book out and then doesn't need to look back, this is a coin with a 50% premine. What that means is that the coin cannot grow in value unless the people as a whole are confident that it is in good hands. Do you think it is in good hands?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:51:42 PM

Do you think it is in good hands?

This is crypto not bank. Anybody can see the IPO and pre-mine staying put. It's kind of a useless question. Bernie Madoff would have had a hard time doing what he did for decades if people could freely see into his bank account 24/7! You have all the tools to keep someone accountable, whether they are communicative or not. If you do not believe in QBC and do not care about the multi-year distribution plan, could you sell me your QBC and GTFO?

Also, I suggest you switch mining to Hashcoin, it has an animated logo Smiley

Cordially,
Marie-Lynn
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:09:35 PM

We literally have 10 before this project is up and operational. 10 god damn years. 3,693 days, 88632 hours. We're almost done with day #34, 816 hours. 0.92% there.

Just thinking about the advancement of the past 10 years...

JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:56:19 PM

Still not a scam guys ... There are no X11 coins with Android wallets currently, everything needs to be ported to Java.

edit: I'm not the one doing the shipping on these cans so forgive the delay, I've got a friend with an Érablière (maple plantation where you produce maple syrup)

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: