Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:50:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161808 times)
endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:55:09 AM

cool...now that you posted a pic...feel free to NOT reply for another 2 weeks...

Roll Eyes
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:18:34 AM

cool...now that you posted a pic...feel free to NOT reply for another 2 weeks...

Roll Eyes

I said the same thing last time, I'm not disappearing, there's just more stuff to do in the background than on the forums. People were suggesting to keep posting so the thread rises to the top but for the moment there's no new developments (yet). I'll try to be more active but I'd rather show up with good news than simply chitchat so that people don't think I ran away. I haven't gone anywhere.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:24:28 AM

Roll Eyes

I said the same thing last time, I'm not disappearing, there's just more stuff to do in the background than on the forums. People were suggesting to keep posting so the thread rises to the top but for the moment there's no new developments (yet). I'll try to be more active but I'd rather show up with good news than simply chitchat so that people don't think I ran away. I haven't gone anywhere.

Glad to see you back... or sorta back, I guess.

My questions are, what are you doing in the background? Is the premine locked up? What are the plans for the local giveaways?

Android wallet is fine and all, but do you really think it matters a great deal at the moment?
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 05:51:03 AM

Roll Eyes

Glad to see you back... or sorta back, I guess.

My questions are, what are you doing in the background? Is the premine locked up? What are the plans for the local giveaways?

Android wallet is fine and all, but do you really think it matters a great deal at the moment?

Sorta back will do, because I sorta never actually left. In the background = I would love a simultaneous release of the QBC multipool + Android wallet with a pre-announcement to generate some hype. The android wallet like I said is hard work, I'm looking into getting some assistance right now from someone better with android development than me (which is not too hard). Those are my two main focuses. The premine is encrypted and secured but not locked up in a provably secure way. But for the moment it doesn't really matter, even if I was evil (which I'm not), I wouldn't ever be tempted to dump the premine (especially not with such low market volume).

So the plan is this. Get Android Wallet + Multipool ready (simultaneous release) ------> Lock up premine 100% securely away from the control of one person -----> Multipool + Android Wallet launch.

That way the premine is locked up before QBC gets boosted up in price.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:24:01 AM

Sorta back will do, because I sorta never actually left. In the background = I would love a simultaneous release of the QBC multipool + Android wallet with a pre-announcement to generate some hype. The android wallet like I said is hard work, I'm looking into getting some assistance right now from someone better with android development than me (which is not too hard). Those are my two main focuses. The premine is encrypted and secured but not locked up in a provably secure way. But for the moment it doesn't really matter, even if I was evil (which I'm not), I wouldn't ever be tempted to dump the premine (especially not with such low market volume).

So the plan is this. Get Android Wallet + Multipool ready (simultaneous release) ------> Lock up premine 100% securely away from the control of one person -----> Multipool + Android Wallet launch.

That way the premine is locked up before QBC gets boosted up in price.

It's not a terrible plan to release both the android wallet + multipool at the same time, but if the wallet proves an insane hassle, I'd say just go for multipool + premine lockup. I have little concerns about the premine currently, as obviously there is nowhere to sell to even if you wanted. But it's something that could influence price and calm fears a bit amongst some.

I realize you (and some here) have a different sort of timescale in mind than most in the cryptoworld is used to, but delay too long and the coin will be perceived as dead. And at that point, it may not matter a whole lot what you do.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:39:21 AM

Is the purpose of multipool to mine other coins and pay out with QBC? That process could increase the value of QBC.

I think QBC needs more direct mining hash to secure it. If we can find some use of QBC, eg buying syrup with it, then the price of QBC will rise, that, in turn, will attract more hashing to secure the coin.

So, the first priority is the usage of the coin.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:04:42 AM

I realize you (and some here) have a different sort of timescale in mind than most in the cryptoworld is used to, but delay too long and the coin will be perceived as dead. And at that point, it may not matter a whole lot what you do.

What's your definition of a "dead" coin anyway? And who would perceive it as dead?

I think you're still overlooking the point here. The ONLY way this coin would "DIE" was if the internet as we know it died. But then again, I'm sure we would work around that in a record time.

I think QBC needs more direct mining hash to secure it. If we can find some use of QBC, eg buying syrup with it, then the price of QBC will rise, that, in turn, will attract more hashing to secure the coin.

I'll sell you Maple syrup for Quebecoin. I'll even let you pay the shipping fees in Québecoin. Give me a PM - let make this first priority a thing.  Grin
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:08:24 AM

I'll sell you Maple syrup for Quebecoin. I'll even let you pay the shipping fees in Québecoin. Give me a PM - let make this first priority a thing.  Grin

I had some syrup two years ago in Quebec. It is too sweet for me.

If you can accept QBC for syrup, that would do enormous favour to the QBC community.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:39:05 AM

I'll sell you Maple syrup for Quebecoin. I'll even let you pay the shipping fees in Québecoin. Give me a PM - let make this first priority a thing.  Grin

I had some syrup two years ago in Quebec. It is too sweet for me.

If you can accept QBC for syrup, that would do enormous favour to the QBC community.

JP said he's got a buddy with an érablière (sugarbush/maplefactory?). I too have a familly member who has one, and another close relative that would love to open one on his father's property.

I'm taking notes, but as of right now there wouldn't be enough demand to make this a priority really... Syrup is expensive and heavy to ship.
owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:14:37 PM

Is the purpose of multipool to mine other coins and pay out with QBC? That process could increase the value of QBC.

If it's just a SHA-256 multipool then it will just harness ASIC power that wouldn't be hashing on the QBC blockchain anyways so would be a great idea, once Scrypt ASICs are larger and the majority of hash on Scrypt coins it would make sense to add Scrypt to the multipool, I would be hesitant to add scrypt to a multipool too soon as it could take away miners from the QBC blockchain.

sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 12:34:51 PM

Damn... did I miss that window of opportunity with JP here? Has Elvis left the building? In case you're here, can you tell me what's the point of a multipool for a coin that can be freely mined and that too at such a relatively low difficulty? Why are you wasting time and resources on it? Or to be more precise, why are you prioritizing it?

What about other exchanges? What steps have you taken to get/not get the coin on other exchanges. From what I can make out, no exchange wants to have a coin without an active dev to back it up in case of wallet updates, etc. So there is not much people can do about it even if they wanted to.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Terree Esguerra05

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:36:54 PM

Glad to see QBC back in coinmarketcap top100 with the correct amount of available coins
Keep up the great work, everyone!
trankil

Activity: 854
Merit: 539

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:21:53 PM

we need a real exchange for this coin !
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:26:28 PM

Check out our shiny new interface and mine Quebecoin with us

MineP.it Quebecoin Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers start mining!

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://qbc.minep.it:3363 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • 0.75% fees across the board
  • Rock solid security and stability
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Live coin prices (where available)
  • Auto payouts every minute (manual payouts too)
  • 24/7 on-site chatbox
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Join us now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:41:59 PM

I have to say that new look is pretty nice looking.
MineP.it

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:59:00 PM

Thank you Smiley

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
zag4system

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:04:24 PM

This pool looks cool.

Are you interested in making a decent buck ?
Try working ....
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 05:06:00 PM

Thank you Smiley

That's by far the best looking interface I've seen in a pool!! But I really don't get the point of listing the top shares%. Its way more convenient to see the other pools mention the hash rates of teh top users and the average coins from their hashes. It will give you a ballpark figure on how much you can expect with yours.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
MineP.it

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:08:34 PM

Thank you Smiley

That's by far the best looking interface I've seen in a pool!! But I really don't get the point of listing the top shares%. Its way more convenient to see the other pools mention the hash rates of teh top users and the average coins from their hashes. It will give you a ballpark figure on how much you can expect with yours.

Yes I agree with you, it's something we are working on. Hopefully will have that sorted soon.

zag4system

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:22:15 PM

It would be nice to see another exchanger aswell, only bittrex i think it`s not enaught

Are you interested in making a decent buck ?
Try working ....
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: