Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161804 times)
klembyklem

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:20:16 PM

That is really great ideas to have a easy way to buy quebecoin
And a paper wallet generator will be awesome!

Thanks for your implication in this coin!
endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:52:17 AM

Did qbc.okaypool.com fall off the face of the earth?

Been down for awhile now

Shocked

http://qbc.okaypool.com/index.php?page=dashboard
pujing13

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:48:50 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621622.0

Bittrex will delist their added coins  twice a week.
As it's the only exchange for QBC, and it's low trading volume, we have to do something , we need your help big holders.

kiki6990

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:26:51 AM

As it's the only exchange for QBC, and it's low trading volume, we have to do something , we need your help big holders.

They will not remove Quebecoin. All those coins they want to remove are dead for a very long period of time. Quebecoin will soon get a nice value and also big volume on exchanger. We are all waiting for that. The big holders will never sell their coins for this small price.

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
endchat

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:22:06 PM

Big holders?

How many coins have been mined to date?

I been mining for a while now and even bought some...I still don't consider it a large holding

sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 12:47:36 PM

They will not remove Quebecoin. All those coins they want to remove are dead for a very long period of time. Quebecoin will soon get a nice value and also big volume on exchanger. We are all waiting for that. The big holders will never sell their coins for this small price.

I doubt that... Look at Lime Coin (LC)... very much active devs and with their new LCL merged mining something something with LC, buzz and activity are still there. Just that its inefficient to host a bunch of coins that doesn't trade anymore. Same with FairCoin... active dev and all that jazz. QBC on the other hand... well you all know what I would say. Let the numbers speak for themselves this time.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
zag4system

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:44:42 PM

i don`t think people who farm a large amount of qbc are willing to sell at these prices, this is just my opinion

Are you interested in making a decent buck ?
Try working ....
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:31:03 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 05:01:48 PM by poornamelessme

Bittrex will delist their added coins  twice a week.

According to that bittrex post, a coin needs at least .1 btc daily to maintain costs. QBC is currently at .11 btc/daily. I'd hardly say it's safe.

The dev needs to be active here, as has been stated several times by many people. Volume = exchanges = survival. This 10 year plan is all well and good, but will anyone care about a coin that has no exchange, and eventually then no miners?

ShareX may be an exchange to target. It's new, it's small, and probably not very picky at all. But it could be a temporary lifeboat if things go poorly. I'd also say Austin Global is one to consider.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

So there is no need to have another exchange, giving the low interest in the coin and "inactivity" of the development. If the development can find some usage of the coin, the value will increase dramatically. Multipool and Android wallet is not a priority.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:53:02 PM

Big holders?

How many coins have been mined to date?

I been mining for a while now and even bought some...I still don't consider it a large holding

IPO was  210,000 QBC and gathered 20 BTC. 20 BTC was worth about 9500$ USD at the time. That means 1 QBC was mathematically(?) worth 22 cents(?). But then,  some of the IPO folks dumped their IPO. At the same time you had multi-pool and x11 profitability miners dumping QBC. It got hammered as they say.

Now - do I think QBC are really worth 22 cents? Not at all… A coin with barely any infrastructure, development(team), tools, merchant, and community is worth nothing. Add the fact that Québecoin is a nation coin:

• Most coin target audicence is the whole world - with internet access – roughly 2800 million people.
  • Québecoin target audience is Quebec’s population - with internet access – roughly 6.65 million people.

Give it time and exposure. The ONLY thing holding us, or at least ME, down is the pre-mine. But at the same time, it’s that pre-mine w/ airdrop that will  give the “slow adopters” of Quebec a chance at getting-in. It’ll greatly help with the decentralization and fair distribution of the coin. Less whale, less manipulation, more transaction and etc.

Considering all that, QBC seems over priced right now lol. But I have a strong feeling that it will be far, hella far above current price in 10 years.

I said it before – QBC is an extremely risky investment, but also extremely rewarding one  – implying that JP doesn’t fuck us good, dies, or what ever else.  Shocked

Grin
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:01:24 PM

Regarding the exchanges... Do you guys think Bitcoin gave two fucks about exhcange in it's early day?

STEP 1. Store QBC in your wallet and enccrypt it.
STEP 2. Share some coin where there's interest
STEP 3. Hold some coin - FOR THE LONG RUN
STEP 4. Huh
STEP 5. Profit.

If bittrex no longer wants us, you think it'll be any hard to JP to find another exchange? - ahahaha

Shit guys you're all overly invested in this. Either that or insane.

Stop carring about the volume/value for a year and help promote it, build things for it. Help the coin grow you god damned leeches.
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:07:58 PM

Regarding the exchanges... Do you guys think Bitcoin gave two fucks about exhcange in it's early day?

STEP 1. Store QBC in your wallet.
STEP 4. Huh
STEP 5. Profit.

If bittrex no longer wants us, you think it'll be any hard to JP to find another exchange? - ahahaha

Stop carring about the volume/value for a year, and help promote it, help the coin grow you god damned leeches.

What a bizarre, and strangely angry mindset.

You seem to forget bitcoin had no competition. When you are the only game in town, you can play by different rules.

As for JP finding another exchange, well... evidently Poloniex already turned down the coin. And that was when the coin was more popular. Yes, I believe the coin can get on other exchanges, just that if the volume gets too low, you'll be looking at allcrypt or tiny exchanges where you wonder if they'll ever send you any coins.

Multiple exchanges = arbitrage = volume. Volume = more interest = greater adoption. If you dismiss volume + value, nobody will care about the coin.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:46:15 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 02:33:39 PM by Lemayilleur

STEP 1. Store QBC in your wallet.
STEP 4. Huh
STEP 5. Profit.

Stop carring about the volume/value for a year, and help promote it, help the coin grow you god damned leeches.

What a bizarre, and strangely angry mindset.

Lol don't take anything I say too seriously.  Wink

You seem to forget bitcoin had no competition. When you are the only game in town, you can play by different rules.

As for JP finding another exchange, well... evidently Poloniex already turned down the coin. And that was when the coin was more popular. Yes, I believe the coin can get on other exchanges, just that if the volume gets too low, you'll be looking at allcrypt or tiny exchanges where you wonder if they'll ever send you any coins.

Multiple exchanges = arbitrage = volume. Volume = more interest = greater adoption. If you dismiss volume + value, nobody will care about the coin.

You seem to forget there's no rules. And there will always be someone (call him insane) who cares about the coins.

I'm not an expert - I'll never claim to be. But I'm having fun honestly. I'm learning and trying new things. Just havin' fun with my spare time and tiny wallet.

altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:57:05 PM

Added Quebecoin to the Altcoin Herald StaleCoin List - http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-lists/stalecoins/

If the status changes to active, let us know and we'll update.
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:03:36 PM

Added Quebecoin to the Altcoin Herald StaleCoin List - http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-lists/stalecoins/

Although I won't argue the fact you put quebecoin on the list, you may wish to revise your criteria. Limecoin shouldn't be there just because of Bittrex. It has a decent enough volume on poloniex, nearly 3btc just now when I checked, and an active dev.

I don't hold any LC, so don't think I am biased. I just want to state relying on bittrex alone for volume numbers is very misleading. An example would be that until semi-recently, Darkcoin typically never appeared as a high volume coin on Bittrex -- small exchanges can be weird sometimes. Offbeat or new coins can have more volume than more established active coins on small exchanges.
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:25:59 AM

animal coins are popular once someone gets around to making frog coin you have to merge mine with them!!! Grin Grin
endchat

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:41:31 PM

This list is stupid...I know far more stale coins than quebec coin...
Circonference

Activity: 87

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:55:43 PM

i don`t think people who farm a large amount of qbc are willing to sell at these prices, this is just my opinion

I pool mine and my ex-husband solo mines QBC with good results. I think QBC is a stealthy investment for now. X11 is a good technology for the future and QBC is flying under the radar. Maybe it's not a 10,000% investment opportunity, but for someone like me who is in the intended user group geographically, it is fun to follow it. I buy everyday but I am also a very small fish Smiley

https://twitter.com/mlrichard/status/470215586208038912

Marie-Lynn
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:23:37 PM

I pool mine and my ex-husband solo mines QBC with good results. I think QBC is a stealthy investment for now. X11 is a good technology for the future and QBC is flying under the radar. Maybe it's not a 10,000% investment opportunity, but for someone like me who is in the intended user group geographically, it is fun to follow it. I buy everyday but I am also a very small fish Smiley

https://twitter.com/mlrichard/status/470215586208038912

Marie-Lynn

In a way, I applaud your enthusiasm  -- in the way I admire people who believe in something and are enthusiastic about it -- yet at the same time I don't really understand it.

I know it's not just me who thinks this, but the dev's activity, or lack thereof, should be a major concern. He is simply working on a different timetable than the rest of the cryptoworld. And that assumes the best case scenario.

This android wallet and multipool has taken what now, weeks and weeks? The android wallet should have been started when the coin was announced during the ipo, anyway. So it's not like it's a brand new concept he had to whip up over a weekend. I also don't see it making a ton of difference anyway... plenty of coins have android wallets and it's not like it really matters a whole lot to the coin.

Has anyone received their syrups yet?

Has there been the slightest effort to get the coin on other exchanges?

So, I don't get the reason for being that optimistic about the coin. I don't want this to sound like fud or trolling, so won't tell anyone not to buy or mine any coin they like. But I suggest you may wish to diversify a bit and look at other coins more too.
Circonference

Activity: 87

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 08:05:58 PM

I know it's not just me who thinks this, but the dev's activity, or lack thereof, should be a major concern. He is simply working on a different timetable than the rest of the cryptoworld. And that assumes the best case scenario.

The reasons you mention are very good. It is why there is no way a coin like Quebecoin would ever make it into my first report on the 25 crypto-currencies of the future. Which is odd given that my report is in French, that the readership is going to be Québecois and that Québecoin will likely be omnipresent here in the future.

I study 670 crypto-currencies (okay maybe 200 non-dead ones) and I invest in dozens so I am not too worried because I know many will die. We are in a bubble... of innovation.

I have been very bullish on other coins which are not obvious. Like Potcoin. I believe Potcoin is going to rule the world of medical marijuana trading in the next few years. Why? Because there is not a dispensory oprator who can get a bank account (because of Operation Chokepoint) and they have to deal in cash, store cash and it's dangerous. Potcoin is an obvious thing and I have mined and bought many... Before this week, Potcoin had been dying a slow death for lack of activity for many months. This week, the developers are implementing new features and modernizing the coin. Now it's taking off. (ETA: Potcoin would have to grow to accommodate up to $8 billion in Market Cap in 4 years to do this, I am not sure it can do it alone!!)

When Potcoin came out, there wasn't a new copy-paste scrypt coin coming out every 12 hours. When Québecoin came out, there wasn't a new X11 coming out everyday.

I think Québecoin is in the same boat.
The pre-mine and distribution model (far away in time) sort of haunts it.
Or maybe it also prevents it from being stripped mined, manipulated and dumped.

Québecoin can exist as a currency everybody hates but French Canadians love (The Reverse Celine Dion principle (Sorry Céline!!)) because they are in their own cultural bubble that loves self-referral Smiley

Unpaid people will always move at their own pace!

Marie-Lynn
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: