Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:37:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161804 times)
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 03:23:25 AM

The volume on Bittrex is .03 BTC and I doubt if its going to cross the weekly average of .1 BTC required for not getting delisted there. Delisting is imminent. A chain reaction will happen and panic sells on the other smaller exchanges will drive it down to 1 sat and eventual death.

Circonference and Lemayilleur, you both have been the strongest supporters of this coin so far with almost religious faith in JP's resurrection. It doesnt matter if he comes back or not. The "multipool" he's working on will not be able to use Bittrex's API. The Android wallet we all know is worth squat. we can all hold hands and wait... or we can take action. Can you take over the coin and lead it? I believe with enough donations from the community, a dev can be hired to fork the coin to invalidate the premine and save it. The people at Bittrex are sensible people and will halt the delisting if they are made aware that the coin is getting revamped with new management. They would rather freeze trading temporarily than delisting and relisting the same coin... its just less work for them like that.

Too many people lost money and time in this scam. It would be a shame to not make atleast some of it back.

Is the coin even on any smaller exchanges? To the best of my knowledge, I thought Bittrex was it. I do think bittrex uses other factors besides just volume, including age of the coin, in regard to delisting. But in Quebecoin's case, those other factors, like a missing dev, probably won't work in its favor.

Hmmm... you could be right. I just took it for granted some of the shitty exchanges (you know those with the 1 sat buy orders on all coins  Tongue ) would be having it. Not bothering to check.

As for Bittrex, no they're doing a complete wipe out of dead coins. Anything falling below the .1 BTC average volume is getting kicked out. The only exceptions they are giving to are those coins  that are frozen due to forking or wallet update or some genuine reason that impacts trading volume. Its a shame really. I would've resurrected this coin when the scam was evident and if there was enough of the community backing me back then. I now have my hands full with PinkCoin now Smiley The coin can still be saved if someone steps in and ask Bittrex to halt trading and get the wallet updated like they did with AsiaCoin.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:33:22 AM

Hmmm... you could be right. I just took it for granted some of the shitty exchanges (you know those with the 1 sat buy orders on all coins  Tongue ) would be having it. Not bothering to check.

As for Bittrex, no they're doing a complete wipe out of dead coins. Anything falling below the .1 BTC average volume is getting kicked out. The only exceptions they are giving to are those coins  that are frozen due to forking or wallet update or some genuine reason that impacts trading volume. Its a shame really. I would've resurrected this coin when the scam was evident and if there was enough of the community backing me back then. I now have my hands full with PinkCoin now Smiley The coin can still be saved if someone steps in and ask Bittrex to halt trading and get the wallet updated like they did with AsiaCoin.

I recommended a couple of smaller exchanges early on (coined up, austin global) and that new sharex exchange for the coin, but don't think it's on any. It sort of requires the dev to submit his coins to them, and he obviously hasn't been about, nor seems to care much about exchanges. At the very least, perhaps one of them could have served as a lifeboat for a short while if bittrex drops the coin.

The two members here you mentioned probably would make decent devs, or coin promoters/team leaders.. or something like that. The only problem is the coin would need a real dev to fork it, and not sure where it'd find that.

The funny thing is I half expect JP to log on here one day, act like everything is normal, android wallet being worked on... multipool in the works... syrup still... well, wherever it is, in the stores, I guess ... and discovering the coin is not on any exchanges at all and the community here, if there even is one beyond the two posters you mentioned, not even caring anymore.
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:42:29 AM

I recommended a couple of smaller exchanges early on (coined up, austin global) and that new sharex exchange for the coin, but don't think it's on any. It sort of requires the dev to submit his coins to them, and he obviously hasn't been about, nor seems to care much about exchanges. At the very least, perhaps one of them could have served as a lifeboat for a short while if bittrex drops the coin.

The two members here you mentioned probably would make decent devs, or coin promoters/team leaders.. or something like that. The only problem is the coin would need a real dev to fork it, and not sure where it'd find that.

The funny thing is I half expect JP to log on here one day, act like everything is normal, android wallet being worked on... multipool in the works... syrup still... well, wherever it is, in the stores, I guess ... and discovering the coin is not on any exchanges at all and the community here, if there even is one beyond the two posters you mentioned, not even caring anymore.

LOL.... I completely forgot about the syrup. I guess the Pancake fans association will offer a bounty for JP's head for that Tongue Can anyone confirm they got their syrups?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
kiki6990

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:13:11 AM

This coin will not die, but we need some news from the developer, we need something that will attract people into this coin, something interesting, for miners and for traders aswell. No news about the multipool and android wallet. JP come on bro, tell us more about your ideas. We are a large community here and we all want this coin to grow big, all of us can help little by little, but we need some instructions, a good plan.

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
En2142

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:40:11 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 09:50:32 AM by En2142

what pool is available to mine this coin? icant access suchpool and okaypool,
Same Same

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:29:34 AM

If anyone is getting rid of their QBC, I will buy them. Please PM me.

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:27:49 PM

There is a few more than just me and Circo. A handful of early-adopters who understands that there’s a lot of room for crypto to grow in Quebec. There are other communities that are actively trying to promote Bitcoin and other cryptos in Quebec, and Canada. But I strongly believe “Québecoin” will sound much better to their ears. It’ll sting their curiosity better.

I really wouldn’t want to shit in JPs Cornflakes. I love QBC and the plan it comes with. It’s a really, really strong plan that would fit pretty much perfectly with Quebec’s adoption of crypto in the coming years. After reading through a lot of JP’s post all over the place – he’s WAY ahead of me. Lot’s of the thing I understood recently, he already had taken into account.

JP does not appear to be stupid. I’ve followed his project/comments closely enough that I can admit he’s smarter than I am. At least he’s got much more experience generally. So who in their right fucking mind would invest that much time and effort on a project of that size? Only then to trash the whole thing for 20ish BTC? 10 freaking thousand dollar… That get’s you very little when you are a developer with financial background. And the pre-mine? Well that worth about 0.65 BTC right now.

All thing said, the way he behaves ever since the launch is astonishingly terrible. I find it hard to believe he’s not under some sort of gag order, under investigation, forced to not say anything about the matter. Twitter, facebook, reddit, Bitcointalk (and other forum) – nothing, not a single post or comment. Not a single reach for help/opinion.

All things added – this isn’t a scam. It just can’t be. Someone as wise as JP wouldn’t pull such a terrible, inefficient scam.  If anything it’s (in)direct manipulation for cheap coins. Coins that will be worth much more at a later time.

@JPGagnon peux tu nous dire c’est quoi l’osti de problème S'IL VOUS PLAIT? Va tu falloir je les ship moi-même les sacrament de cannes de sirop d’érables?

En attendant: Ceux et celles qui veulent discuter du développement/dénouement de QBC, puis de la crypto au Québec - Venez sur

https://quebeco.in/forums/

Un WordPress avec forum intégré. Tout frais. Très expérimentale. Je ne suis ni développeur, ni designer, ni écrivain - Je ne considère pas Quebeco.in come ma propriété.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:34:10 PM

Did anyone get their syrup?
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:44:06 PM

So who in their right fucking mind would invest that much time and effort on a project of that size? Only then to trash the whole thing for 20ish BTC? 10 freaking thousand dollar… That get’s you very little when you are a developer with financial background.

People are murdered for $5 every day around the world. $10,000 for making a copy clone and a thread is a high pay rate.  Grin
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:56:46 PM

People are murdered for $5 every day around the world. $10,000 for making a copy clone and a thread is a high pay rate.  Grin

God point, and truth be told... I wouldn't spit on 10,000 $.

If JP wanted to step down and leave with the IPO. I wouldn't mind a new dev / managment team.
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:07:28 PM

People are murdered for $5 every day around the world. $10,000 for making a copy clone and a thread is a high pay rate.  Grin

If JP wanted to step down and leave with the IPO. I wouldn't mind a new dev / managment team.

As an active community member you're entitled to demand progress or a change in management. Never forget that that really is the whole point of peer to peer cryptocurrency. The whole system is designed from the ground up so that power doesn't get centralized in the hands of a few people who then fail to meet community objectives.

In the end, the community members matter a whole lot more than the initial Dev.  Grin
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:36:16 PM

As an active community member you're entitled to demand progress or a change in management. Never forget that that really is the whole point of peer to peer cryptocurrency. The whole system is designed from the ground up so that power doesn't get centralized in the hands of a few people who then fail to meet community objectives.

In the end, the community members matter a whole lot more than the initial Dev.  Grin

I share this feeling with you, and I thought JP would as well.
endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:28:33 PM

The DEV is lacking...but longer term, this coin will succeed with or without him...

I would rather he man up and start posting here and act like a proper DEV should.
endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:30:07 PM

okaypool fucked me out of 100 or so coins...

suchpool.pw is good and here is another, but I have not tried it, yet

https://qbc.nicemining.pw
kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:43:33 PM

okaypool fucked me out of 100 or so coins...

suchpool.pw is good and here is another, but I have not tried it, yet

https://qbc.nicemining.pw

You can try this pool https://www.minep.it/pool/QBC/ they are good at this, and trustworthy.

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
snowcrawl

Activity: 377

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:50:02 PM

I think that one of the main ideals of this coin was to promote understanding and use of cryptocurrency by the people of Quebec.  A major challenge considering that Quebec patriotism doesn't correlate with the relatively advanced computer literacy required to get involved with this.
You would be able to achieve that ideal completely without Quebecoin simply by first promoting understanding and use of the most popular cryptocurrency options, obviously starting with bitcoin.  
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:42:36 PM

JP does not appear to be stupid. I’ve followed his project/comments closely enough that I can admit he’s smarter than I am. At least he’s got much more experience generally. So who in their right fucking mind would invest that much time and effort on a project of that size? Only then to trash the whole thing for 20ish BTC? 10 freaking thousand dollar… That get’s you very little when you are a developer with financial background. And the pre-mine? Well that worth about 0.65 BTC right now.

All thing said, the way he behaves ever since the launch is astonishingly terrible. I find it hard to believe he’s not under some sort of gag order, under investigation, forced to not say anything about the matter. Twitter, facebook, reddit, Bitcointalk (and other forum) – nothing, not a single post or comment. Not a single reach for help/opinion.

All things added – this isn’t a scam. It just can’t be. Someone as wise as JP wouldn’t pull such a terrible, inefficient scam.  If anything it’s (in)direct manipulation for cheap coins. Coins that will be worth much more at a later time.

The best scam is when the person being scammed doesn't even realize it.

I do agree, that for 20BTC, it would seem a bit odd for a dev to just walk away. But at the same time, it happens here all the time with other devs. And for all we know, the dev simply moved on to making another coin, figuring the nation coin fad is played out and not worth the time anymore.  Or since he was fond of Drk Coin and X11, maybe he used it all on Drk when it was cheap, got like 15K+ coins, and cashed out his $200K or so dollars and called it a day?

We don't know what he is thinking. It's hardly an optimal way to go about things, even if he is scamming, but not that unusual either.

If he was on the level, those syrups would have been mailed out ages ago. He would post here once in a while. Keep in mind that pre-release, he was here ALL the time, many times daily. He gets his money, then posts like 2-3x a month? Either the dev is scamming or grossly incompetent.
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:49:38 PM

There is a few more than just me and Circo. A handful of early-adopters who understands that there’s a lot of room for crypto to grow in Quebec. There are other communities that are actively trying to promote Bitcoin and other cryptos in Quebec, and Canada. But I strongly believe “Québecoin” will sound much better to their ears. It’ll sting their curiosity better.

I really wouldn’t want to shit in JPs Cornflakes. I love QBC and the plan it comes with. It’s a really, really strong plan that would fit pretty much perfectly with Quebec’s adoption of crypto in the coming years. After reading through a lot of JP’s post all over the place – he’s WAY ahead of me. Lot’s of the thing I understood recently, he already had taken into account.

@JPGagnon peux tu nous dire c’est quoi l’osti de problème S'IL VOUS PLAIT? Va tu falloir je les ship moi-même les sacrament de cannes de sirop d’érables?

En attendant: Ceux et celles qui veulent discuter du développement/dénouement de QBC, puis de la crypto au Québec - Venez sur

https://quebeco.in/forums/

Un WordPress avec forum intégré. Tout frais. Très expérimentale. Je ne suis ni développeur, ni designer, ni écrivain - Je ne considère pas Quebeco.in come ma propriété.

Jesus man.... why are you correlating a thief with lack of intelligence. Of course JP is not stupid. One has to be quite smart to pull off scam and still retain the image of innocence. I'f he's not posting, he must be kidnapped and tied somewhere. Can you hear what you are saying? You have put him up on a pdestal to worship. Please snap out out of it.... ask the difficult questions. Are your judgements of analyzing character biased? Would you give the same benefit of doubt if he was American?

So who in their right fucking mind would invest that much time and effort on a project of that size?
Recall again.... what effort? What size? If I remember correctly, there was a vanilla wallet, and there was a logo.

And the pre-mine? Well that worth about 0.65 BTC right now.
It is not what its worth now. It is what is stopping people from buying it. The value of the currency is how hard it is to get it. If one fellow has half the entire quantity, what incentive is there to assign value to it, when there are other coins that have a more even distribution. Why is this so hard to understand? Its not about the premine being worthless to JP. It is about the premine blocking the growth of QBC.

All things added – this isn’t a scam. It just can’t be. Someone as wise as JP wouldn’t pull such a terrible, inefficient scam.
Cant you see the beauty and effeciency of this scam? That you (or whoever invested in QBC) have lost money and is still having "faith" in his return and those that believed in him (aka not selling) would be rewarded "in the future" after the "return". Does this entire scenario seem familiar to you at all?

This is like the heights of denial and delusion I have see with any thread here.

sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:52:47 PM

The best scam is when the person being scammed doesn't even realize it.

I do agree, that for 20BTC, it would seem a bit odd for a dev to just walk away. But at the same time, it happens here all the time with other devs. And for all we know, the dev simply moved on to making another coin, figuring the nation coin fad is played out and not worth the time anymore.  Or since he was fond of Drk Coin and X11, maybe he used it all on Drk when it was cheap, got like 15K+ coins, and cashed out his $200K or so dollars and called it a day?

We don't know what he is thinking. It's hardly an optimal way to go about things, even if he is scamming, but not that unusual either.

If he was on the level, those syrups would have been mailed out ages ago. He would post here once in a while. Keep in mind that pre-release, he was here ALL the time, many times daily. He gets his money, then posts like 2-3x a month? Either the dev is scamming or grossly incompetent.

Here, let me finish that for you Smiley

....Either the dev is scamming or grossly incompetent, making the wait for his return, absurd on so many levels!

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:26:20 PM

Did anyone get their syrup?

Not me.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: