Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:29:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161804 times)
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:36:15 PM

This is like the heights of denial and delusion I have see with any thread here.

Paint me as delusional and deep into denial if you want. At the end the day, I do understand how risky and uncertain all of this is.

I don't consider Québecoin a scam right now, but not saying it couldn't be.
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:37:53 AM

We definately a more active development team.

Also, never too late to grab your QBC on http://Quebec.SuchPool.pw!

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
Casseus1998

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:50:09 PM

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/29/canada-is-second-most-popular-country-for-bitcoin-investment
Circonference

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:01:44 PM

There is a few more than just me and Circo. A handful of early-adopters who understands that there’s a lot of room for crypto to grow in Quebec. There are other communities that are actively trying to promote Bitcoin and other cryptos in Quebec, and Canada. But I strongly believe “Québecoin” will sound much better to their ears. It’ll sting their curiosity better.

This is a follow-up to all the participants and not necessarily to you Lemayilleur.

I agree that inactive dev is very bad news but the plan is moving forth as set in the initial post. IPO is there. Premined is there. It is transparent as planned.

It is a SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW-ASS plan that has nothing in it for people who strip mine and dump coins on the market. I know people put in a lot of BTC into a lot of IPOs. I buy a crap load of shit coins only to see them crash and burn. I don't care to cry about it, it's part of the deal of participating in the greatest decentralized P2P research and development project since the Internet.

This weekend is the 19th anniversary of me calling morinpa to get root on his machine to deploy a search engine. He told me to fuck off and hung up on me. Then we had a baby. I can vouch for him as an honest and very trustworthy person who was not born yesterday. Also, I work on him to be more involved but he has a rather high responsibility tech job. Lemeyeur, my spouse Stéphane and myself are working on projects to link up the members of the community who are HERE in Quebec and can actually talk to others in PERSON to present crypto-currency in French and get some adoption going. We will train people to mine the only X11 coin that has a low enough difficulty to be fun to mine right now.

This is a research and development project, not a get rich quick scheme!

Here's another thing for people who don't even live in this province and cannot possible understand the place Québecoin has in it and why we REAL LIFE PEOPLE care so much about technological advancements and R&D.

In the early 80's my father, Léo Richard left his job working for the joint Canadian and U.S. defense research center in Valcartier, Québec. Most people do not know that some of the most successful war machines of the United States were developed here in Québec by unknown people like my father. At Valcartier, he had a lab like Tesla's, a huge budget and worked on early laser prototypes, radars, The Ferret (advances audio pick-up and analysis) and the ancestor of the Patriot missiles. He also ordered a semi-truck full of early computers (Altairs) and re-wrote the operating system. After such exciting time, he took a contract with BA/AF and he was one of the 7 engineers that put the Concorde in the air. Then he came home and wrote a course proposal for 'Techniques de Systèmes Ordinés' (TSO) which is one of the first courses in Computer Science at the college level in Canada. He spent the rest of his career teaching 18-19 year olds about the fundamental inner working of computers.

I have been kept out of sciences all my life because I am a woman. Learning to program websites has been a way for me to continue to hang out with techs, engineers and nerds. I have been teaching people about the Internet for 20 years. I even participated in a book about Women and STEM and am a mentor at Ladies Learning Code. I am a consummate lurker and student of online communities (or at least the ones that are not gross hangouts for sociopaths) Circonference.ca is the first time I have publicly shared my research with others and where I am showing my real life identity and not a male-sounding pseudonym.

My next project is to teach teenagers about crypto-currency. Why teenagers? Because they are not being taught the basics of economics, money, credit and trade as it applies to the current world economic system. Also, because I can, through my own media, talk about my successes and failing at getting a course like this built and taught. I will never be accomplished scientifically like my dad, but I can try the same techniques and see where it leads me. Also, I have found an ally in morinpa's daughter who is becoming super intrigued by crypto-currency. Why would I not want my child to understand money of the future? I would also like other people's kids to understand how money works (or doesn't) and where it's going.

So I have mentioned 5-6 people here who are part of the real-life community of Québecoin. That is like a huge percentage of people who know or care about Québecoin in this neck of the woods. Québecoin belongs collectively to the people of Québec. We live in a cultural bubble that has yet to wake up to crypto-currency. I need Québecoin to continue on the path it is right now. Its unit value does not matter to me. I am not in it for the money.

We have access to the talent and technology to take over Québecoin if J.P. asks us to but we are much more vested in being supportive and working on the SHITLOAD of other efforts that surround the development of a coin.

I read every post here and still cannot figure out the goal of outsiders who sit around the pool like unpopular kids and throw trash into it because they are bored. If you cannot explain where you fit into this effort, I will continue to assume that you are in it for the money and have nothing worthwhile to contribute to our community. I will continue to assume that I will never meet you in person in order to talk crypto. I will continue to assume that knowing you would not enhance my life or my work in any way.

If you fork and break Québecoin then it will not fail because of the doom you predict but because of the strike you inflict on it. Your point will not be proven.

Sincerely,
Marie-Lynn
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:14:32 PM

This is a follow-up to all the participants and not necessarily to you Lemayilleur.

I agree that inactive dev is very bad news but the plan is moving forth as set in the initial post. IPO is there. Premined is there. It is transparent as planned.

It is a SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW-ASS plan that has nothing in it for people who strip mine and dump coins on the market. I know people put in a lot of BTC into a lot of IPOs. I buy a crap load of shit coins only to see them crash and burn. I don't care to cry about it, it's part of the deal of participating in the greatest decentralized P2P research and development project since the Internet.

Slow-ass is one thing. But so slow that it may get de-listed from Bittrex is another. You lose Bittrex and then what? Take a year to build up a community around a coin that has no exchange, and most likely no miners? That's not to mention an absent dev. No community will gather around that.

Everything JP has done post-release screams scam. Perhaps he isn't by some rare chance, we don't know. But to simply say let's wait and go with this insanely slow plan of his, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

He would have mailed out the syrups if he was on the level.
He would have posted here more than 2-3x this entire month.

People aren't complaining just because the dev has a different concept of time than everyone else. They aren't annoyed just because the price went down. They are rightfully annoyed over a completely absent dev, after he took their ipo money. To say people should be fine with it, as it's a slow moving plan, is crazy.
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:17:12 PM

You would be able to achieve that ideal completely without Quebecoin simply by first promoting understanding and use of the most popular cryptocurrency options, obviously starting with bitcoin.  

There are new people working in communication at the Bitcoin Embassy, which is the home of Bitcoin in Montreal and they have actual plans to promote Bitcoin starting pretty soon. Montreal hosts international festivals every single week of the summer and they will be taking advantage of that. We are also negotiating to get the documentary The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin shown ASAP Smiley

Quebecoins is perfectly branded for the bubble we live in. I don't have as much hope for other country coins who do not have strong or official ties to the community they want to address. Sincerely the country coin is stupid for most countries but IDEAL for 'nations' which are groups of similar people who are not recognized internationally but have a strong identity like Québec, the Kurds, Palestinians, First Nations, Catalonians, Tibetans, Basques, etc. And you can understand that when I say that, Québécois are probably the least fucked with by neighbors of that entire list. But we still love our coin.

Marie-Lynn
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:52:39 PM

People [...] are rightfully annoyed over a completely absent dev, after he took their ipo money. To say people should be fine with it, as it's a slow moving plan, is crazy.

The amount of rightfully annoyed people can most likely be counted on my finger and toes. We could debate on the definition what give's anyone the "rights" to be annoyed But the number of people who truely cares and matters is little. So little it isn't even financially logic to take the time to "manage" them.

I'd bet that less than 20 Quebecers heard, red or thought about Québecoin today. Roughly 0.0002452% of the population. Quebecers are the target audience of the coin - Not just of the air drops.

Quebecoin is exactly where Bitcoin was very early in its days. It may never see any evolution at all, and die right there. It may evolve at a slower pace, because we're technologically retarded (no offence maon' chum!). It may turn into the next thing none of us ever thought about. There's millions and million of possibilities.

We're up the the point where all I need is JP to comm forward with a SOLID pre-mine lock-down. With a project/plan according to the air-drops plan. Once that's done - nothing will stop QBC from becoming something.

If nothing of the like happens and JP never comes back, the conclusion would be seen during the first air-drops. If the first air drop isn't managed, or somply doesn't happen according to the plan - That would be the conclusion. Then we move on with what ever the QBC "herd" agrees to.
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:01:51 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 08:26:55 PM by poornamelessme

The amount of rightfully annoyed people can most likely be counted on my finger and toes. We could debate on the definition what give's anyone the "rights" to be annoyed But the number of people who truely cares and matters is little. So little it isn't even financially logic to take the time to "manage" them.

You don't believe those who invested in the ipo have a right to be annoyed? I could expand that to anyone who bought any of the coin during the early days on Bittrex too.

I think your mindset certainly differs from mine. A person doesn't have to be personally invested, care about, live in the region, or plan to use the coin as a currency to be annoyed. But they do have that right if they spent their money under a false pretense, mainly being that the dev would be active. Since he claimed he would be working on the coin full time due to the ipo money he received, in my opinion anyone who owns any QBC at all, especially if purchased early on, has a right to be annoyed.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:20:46 PM

There is a few more than just me and Circo. A handful of early-adopters who understands that there’s a lot of room for crypto to grow in Quebec. There are other communities that are actively trying to promote Bitcoin and other cryptos in Quebec, and Canada. But I strongly believe “Québecoin” will sound much better to their ears. It’ll sting their curiosity better.

This weekend is the 19th anniversary of me calling morinpa to get root on his machine to deploy a search engine. He told me to fuck off and hung up on me. Then we had a baby. I can vouch for him as an honest and very trustworthy person who was not born yesterday. Also, I work on him to be more involved but he has a rather high responsibility tech job. Lemeyeur, my spouse Stéphane and myself are working on projects to link up the members of the community who are HERE in Quebec and can actually talk to others in PERSON to present crypto-currency in French and get some adoption going. We will train people to mine the only X11 coin that has a low enough difficulty to be fun to mine right now.

This is a research and development project, not a get rich quick scheme!

Here's another thing for people who don't even live in this province and cannot possible understand the place Québecoin has in it and why we REAL LIFE PEOPLE care so much about technological advancements and R&D.

In the early 80's my father, Léo Richard left his job working for the joint Canadian and U.S. defense research center in Valcartier, Québec. Most people do not know that some of the most successful war machines of the United States were developed here in Québec by unknown people like my father. At Valcartier, he had a lab like Tesla's, a huge budget and worked on early laser prototypes, radars, The Ferret (advances audio pick-up and analysis) and the ancestor of the Patriot missiles. He also ordered a semi-truck full of early computers (Altairs) and re-wrote the operating system. After such exciting time, he took a contract with BA/AF and he was one of the 7 engineers that put the Concorde in the air. Then he came home and wrote a course proposal for 'Techniques de Systèmes Ordinés' (TSO) which is one of the first courses in Computer Science at the college level in Canada. He spent the rest of his career teaching 18-19 year olds about the fundamental inner working of computers.

I have been kept out of sciences all my life because I am a woman. Learning to program websites has been a way for me to continue to hang out with techs, engineers and nerds. I have been teaching people about the Internet for 20 years. I even participated in a book about Women and STEM and am a mentor at Ladies Learning Code. I am a consummate lurker and student of online communities (or at least the ones that are not gross hangouts for sociopaths) Circonference.ca is the first time I have publicly shared my research with others and where I am showing my real life identity and not a male-sounding pseudonym.

My next project is to teach teenagers about crypto-currency. Why teenagers? Because they are not being taught the basics of economics, money, credit and trade as it applies to the current world economic system. Also, because I can, through my own media, talk about my successes and failing at getting a course like this built and taught. I will never be accomplished scientifically like my dad, but I can try the same techniques and see where it leads me. Also, I have found an ally in morinpa's daughter who is becoming super intrigued by crypto-currency. Why would I not want my child to understand money of the future? I would also like other people's kids to understand how money works (or doesn't) and where it's going.

So I have mentioned 5-6 people here who are part of the real-life community of Québecoin. That is like a huge percentage of people who know or care about Québecoin in this neck of the woods. Québecoin belongs collectively to the people of Québec. We live in a cultural bubble that has yet to wake up to crypto-currency. I need Québecoin to continue on the path it is right now. Its unit value does not matter to me. I am not in it for the money.

We have access to the talent and technology to take over Québecoin if J.P. asks us to but we are much more vested in being supportive and working on the SHITLOAD of other efforts that surround the development of a coin.

I read every post here and still cannot figure out the goal of outsiders who sit around the pool like unpopular kids and throw trash into it because they are bored. If you cannot explain where you fit into this effort, I will continue to assume that you are in it for the money and have nothing worthwhile to contribute to our community. I will continue to assume that I will never meet you in person in order to talk crypto. I will continue to assume that knowing you would not enhance my life or my work in any way.

If you fork and break Québecoin then it will not fail because of the doom you predict but because of the strike you inflict on it. Your point will not be proven.

Sincerely,
Marie-Lynn

You sound like a very inspired person. Put together a team. Take cryptocurrency to Quebec and, possibly, the world. Go for it! Dreams do come true.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 10:32:17 AM

@poornamelessme

Its obvious from their posts that they have no idea about shitcoin markets. All I see is tribal chest thumping for arbitrary concepts like "nations". I don't think they have the mental capacity or maturity to fathom the idea that a "fellow Quebccer" can be a scammer. They will be in denial will all of their "we are not in it for the money" defences. Its a shame these are the people who are guiding other in their region on crypto. There is literally no point arguing with them. Its like a Chinese fellow screaming at them in Chinese. They hear, but they do not comprehend. Hence their replies will be default and canned like... merely explaining their stance which they have taken since the start. It is not an evolved answer taken in light of new information. Its literally auto-respond!

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:24:02 PM

Its obvious from their posts that they have no idea about shitcoin markets. All I see is tribal chest thumping for arbitrary concepts like "nations". I don't think they have the mental capacity or maturity to fathom the idea that a "fellow Quebccer" can be a scammer.

Oh, look at us with our real-life friends and in-person community of professional grown-ass adults with a combined experience of 50+ years in Computer Science talking about the collective property of our neighbors like it's something important!?

You are either a professional FUDder/troll, a sociopath or someone trying to make money off a community project.

Do you own Québecoins? Same Same or myself will buy them off of you. I can do that because I study 650+ coins professionally and win bounties for contributing to crypto-currency development. Those are activities that pay. Sitting around whining doesn't (unless of course you are paid in bitdust by-the-post)

I'm not going to say that because you like in Kolkata you are not allowed to mine or invest in QBC but I will say you are not at all qualified to comment competently on our local community project. Local culture of our nation is intricately tied into the development plan. Next time read the fine print.

Why shit on people who are actively involved in giving your QBC value over the long run?

You burst onto the scene at the worst time. There is no money to be made in mining coins right now unless you are doing it to contribute to the R&D aspect of your favorite coins. Even then, 90% of the coins you collect or mine will die. This result is built into any exploding innovative market. Sorry you weren't around in 1999 to see this happen and learn how a bubble works. But try Ponzi Doge or Doge of Wall Street, theya re excellent educational games to teach American financial customs like Ponzi schemes and stock market manipulations.

I do not feel powerless because I can walk over to JP's house and talk to him (yeah, really, our coin is developed by an actual person with business experience!)
I do not feel powerless because we have a team in place to support or take over development if needed.
I do not feel powerless because this coin is 40 days old!!
I do not feel powerless because soon we will have a place that will not be accessible to FUDDers to accelerate development in peace.

I do not feel powerless because the market is flooded with scam copy-paste shitcoins (all algos) with hidden pre-mines, anonymous developers, and it needs to auto-correct over the summer. Québecoins did not create this situation.

Marie-Lynn
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:35:03 PM

You don't believe those who invested in the ipo have a right to be annoyed? I could expand that to anyone who bought any of the coin during the early days on Bittrex too.

I published the first article on Québecoin and wrote EXACTLY how the coin would behave in the early days. How is the QBC chart not exactly like the SpainCoin chart I published. This is how EVERY FUCKING coin behaves on day 1. Maybe 1% of coins fare well from day 1, that's it. You are arguing that the very market behavior that is expected and normal for a flooded coin market is somehow surprising for Québecoin.

http://circonference.ca/2014/04/bonjour-quebecoin/

Marie-Lynn
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:44:22 PM

You sound like a very inspired person. Put together a team. Take cryptocurrency to Quebec and, possibly, the world. Go for it! Dreams do come true.

Thank you Rokkyroad.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:58:44 PM

You need to see a therapist. Major projection issues. And that's just scratching the surface.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:28:24 PM

I published the first article on Québecoin and wrote EXACTLY how the coin would behave in the early days. How is the QBC chart not exactly like the SpainCoin chart I published. This is how EVERY FUCKING coin behaves on day 1. Maybe 1% of coins fare well from day 1, that's it. You are arguing that the very market behavior that is expected and normal for a flooded coin market is somehow surprising for Québecoin.

http://circonference.ca/2014/04/bonjour-quebecoin/

Marie-Lynn

I'm not even talking about the price. I am talking about dev involvement. He never mailed out the syrups to investors, to begin with, and if he's working full-time on this, he certainly have given investors no indication he has done so. And he must be the slowest dev in the world if this has been his full time job. He promised a lockup of the premine and local giveaways... again, no indication of anything at all. If this was a person's full time job, wouldn't you have thought he'd at least do a couple of those things by now? That also doesn't even count this mythical android wallet + multipool.

So no, I am no arguing that the market behavior is surprising, nor even commenting about the price. I am simply saying JP promised something, and delivered something else... hence why I said people have a right to be annoyed.
endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:09:48 PM

As a quebecer, and NON IPO investor...the maple syrup thing is off the charts retarded...

What kind of bullshit is that anyways?

He said it would go out a few weeks ago, no question.

Here we are, and it is still not done.

Get your shit straight already, kalissssss!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:26:04 PM

Québec came very close to celebrating an appearance in the Stanely Cup finals for the Canadians, but they fell short.
Let's hope this coin doesn't "fall short" of expectations for too long.

zag4system

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:25:49 PM

Is anyone seen or heard about the dev in the last time ?

Are you interested in making a decent buck ?
Try working ....
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:42:12 AM

Is anyone seen or heard about the dev in the last time ?

Nope, we haven't heard of him the least.

Keep Calm and Carry On.

To those mad at the missing syrup, don't be bad. Grin

Hold strong and I'll personally ship every IPO investor 4 Gallons of maple syrup at the latest April 2025.  Shocked

You need to see a therapist. Major projection issues. And that's just scratching the surface.

Did we just fed a troll? Just carry on man - stop caring SO MUCH it's like you invested your mortage in this. You're trying to be a White Knight and protect people form the bad Québecoin? There's currently no movement at all in it's market - nobody is looking but a few key people. And more Key people will slowly join in.

We're wasting valuable time reading and arguing here.
kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:59:43 PM

I`ve stopped mining Quebecoin, i didn`t sell a single coin. I`ll start mining again with my whole power when the developer will be back with news, directions, proof of his work. Good luck Quebecoin!!

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: