Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:33:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161808 times)
Circonference

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:10:53 AM

edit II

Added to the list. Thank you Hippie Tech.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:38:06 AM

Talk about a roadblock for any new users...
I also notice weird difficulty fluctuations.

Is this not caused by multi-pools tearing in? This happens when ever someone buy QBC and it reaches the top of X11 profitability list.
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 02:56:31 PM

Is this not caused by multi-pools tearing in? This happens when ever someone buy QBC and it reaches the top of X11 profitability list.

There is a difference of 30% between BID and ASK so every other transaction freaks out the math for no good reason. Will be nice to have real-time stats soon !! And then maybe I will rent the big rig of our favorite QBC curmodgeon again and watch the graph.
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:22:38 PM

This test was performed on April 20th, 2014, the day the file was launched.

Almost all wallets show warnings on virustotal.com.

Malwr.com does a somewhat better job of explaining why your average crypto wallet behaves like adware.

https://malwr.com/analysis/NjNhMjNiMzY5ODA0NGU5ZTk5NTEwZWU5YjU4NjMwYjU/

But of course, posting that wouldn't have the same FUDDY effect.

This area of work is too new to be properly analysed by free online websites. AVG et al. do not show quebecoin-qt.exe as malicious. The correct way to make this point is to do a proper code review on the source code at GitHub and post suspicious snippets with an explanation of WHY it is problematic. (see: https://github.com/JPGagnon/QBC)

I have put you on the ignore list and suggest others here do the same.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:58:37 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 04:16:58 PM by Lemayilleur

There is a difference of 30% between BID and ASK so every other transaction freaks out the math for no good reason. Will be nice to have real-time stats soon !! And then maybe I will rent the big rig of our favorite QBC curmodgeon again and watch the graph.

Not sure if I understood your point.

By the way, last week, I tried something (for the lols); I bought enough QBC to bring it's value right to the top of pool.TradeMyBit and placed a decent buy order at that price (was 79X Satoshi). As soon as their algorithm detected the profitability, their X11 miner jumped on QBC. I quickly removed my buy wall and went back down to 50X Satoshi where most of the orders were. TMB Pool still mined QBC for a good 10 minutes and found a bunch of blocks, which they dumped at a price they didn't expect.

Obviously it made the difficulty jump quite a bit.

Oh - and they removed QBC from their multi-port this week.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:05:53 PM

By the way, last week, I tried something (for the lols); I bought enough QBC to bring it's value right to the top of pool.TradeMyBit and placed a decent buy order at that price (was 79X Satoshi). As soon as their algorithm detected the profitability, their X11 miner jumped on QBC. I quickly removed my buy wall and went back down to 50X Satoshi where most of the orders were. TMB Pool still mined QBC for a good 10 minutes and found a bunch of blocks, which they dumped at a price they didn't expect.

Case in point. -----^^^

sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 02:35:48 PM

Case in point. -----^^^

I believe they removed it because its getting delisted tomorrow. Can't waste their customers' hash and next day have no venue to sell them. Smart of them... Gotta keep them graphs competitive Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
woogie

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:11:23 PM

All dead here right? Glad i sold when i had a chance. JPGagnon u fucking liar.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:12:06 AM

All dead here right? Glad i sold when i had a chance. JPGagnon u fucking liar.

It's okay, you can buy back once the undead rises.
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 05:18:47 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 06:01:06 PM by Circonference

This is not a statement from the original QBC development 'team', it is a statement from the 'QBC community of miners, investors and advisers'. I (Marie-Lynn) am coordinating these efforts and considering all the legal and logistical details of supporting QBC for the next 2-10 years.

QBC is a research and development project and it requires a community to continue. I would like to re-iterate that every single person who had originally offered help and had been promised follow-up by JPGagnon has received no specific news since April 22, 2014. The difference is that we have all connected and are comparing notes actively now. When the project reached peak bottleneck, about a month ago, Lemeylleur and I coordinated to contact as many QBC miners and investors as possible. We signed and sent a letter to JPGagnon 9 days ago. It was co-signed by 8 others and also named our 2 technical advisers. Some people in our community don't mind being named, some prefer to go by their handles, I am trying to do good by those wishes.

Our letter has gone unanswered.

This means that as a community we can decide what is best to do for QBC to move forward.

To those of you who are disgruntled and mad (and actually have something to do with QBC either as an IPO investor, Bittrex trader or miner) can write to me at gmail, my username is mlrichard and I am documenting all potential legal liabilities against QBC and its original creator JPGagnon. Please understand that QBC was hatched in Québec and if it is to exist 'fo realz' it must fall under our provincial and federal laws. We are investigating whether or not the creator is liable for economic fraud under our judicial system. The open books concept of crypto-currency is good for all of us. But documenting and settling any legal matters today is important in moving forward. I have worked in e-commerce since 1991, I have had my fair share of delivery disasters to address but overall, I believe in customer service and making things right Smiley

The forum is quiet because we have been communicating more directly recently. I believe that we cannot have a huge BTCTalk community if the original 12-15 adopters of QBC are not cared for in some way. This is more important than looking like there is 'a buzz'. I am not currently interested in catering to speculators. The bulk of the QBC project is meant to happen after this alt coin speculation 'golden age' period will have exploded into a billion tears.

Periodically, we have pesky grave dancers come around to this board to post false information. I have muted Hippie Tech and sonysasankan because they have posted false information. If you want me to address their future claims here, members of the community will have to quote them and post an actual question. Then I can see them, put it in the stack and follow-up.

Bittrex has been the most encouraging and supportive business for Québecoin so far and they have the list of development projects for the summer. We have many things underway and like I said before, some are small and some are huge and every time I am confident that all things are set, I will post them here.

I am going to continue writing to Bill every two weeks throughout the summer.

Today, I am posting the link to the new explorer!

I did not create this, I am hosting the sub-domain for the creator.

http://explorateur-qbc.circonference.ca/

You can see the pretty graphs in the Statistics tab.

Marie-Lynn

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:27:57 PM

I think the best way to go is to find a dev, and offer payment in QBC or BTC (expect he/she would want btc), and fork the coin.

A community takeover is what is needed, and strangely there does seem to be a community, albeit a small one, supporting the coin still. I don't mean this in a negative way, just that when coins like this usually get abandoned, there aren't any original supporters so 'into' the coin anymore.

I half expected (or perhaps still suspect) that the dev's disappearance was simply a way to drive the price down, dev scoops up cheap coins, then dev returns, revives the dead-ish coin ... and those who got the cheapo coins profit. It's basically the same as a premine, just less evil-sounding. But since the dev still holds that giant premine as it is, I think it's more a case of the dev just running away with ipo funds, being happy with what he got, and hogging several cans of maple syrup for himself.
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 06:21:42 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 06:32:10 PM by Circonference

I think the best way to go is to find a dev, and offer payment in QBC or BTC (expect he/she would want btc), and fork the coin.

poornamelessme, we have a working fork of QBC at this time. It's on GitHub, it's not secret. It invalidates the 50% pre-mine. https://github.com/morinpa/QBC

This addresses the following issues posted before:

- 50% pre-mine is not secured and Brunic (our named securer of QBC pre-mine) never received follow-up from JPGagnon on this important step.
- Nodes must be entered manually in wallet, which is a big speed bump for non-technical users

We are looking for a Mac dev to support the technology and compile the Mac wallet.

All money currently needed to do our summer projects is graciously offered by the community members. The biggest expense so far has been time.

7.49 BTC(1) of the IPO have been given to a dev for an Android wallet according to JPGagnon in his last message 2 weeks ago. We cannot expect that any promised work will come out of the IPO. 7.49 BTC appears to be twice what the average Android wallet developer charges for the few days of work this takes. It has been a few weeks and no follow-up or screen shots have been posted so Android wallet remains on the list of required work. I have access to a few Android guys among my developer colleagues.

Thanks for your feedback,

Marie-Lynn

1. https://blockchain.info/fr/address/1Gx1FQqLByduumKPyaXVChi7SrknAtDZJE
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:53:29 PM

By the way, I've said this internally as well; If I manage to get the address list of the IPO investor from JP, I'll be shipping some maple syrup to those who were promised some. If my so is willing to cooperate, I might even be able to do this with style.

Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:02:03 PM

If I manage to get the address list of the IPO investor from JP, I'll be shipping some maple syrup to those who were promised some.

I contacted a lawyer who may be able to help us in this matter (settling the local legal issues with IPO). Thanks Lemayilleur for helping continue QBC and making sure our community continues strongly !!

Marie-Lynn
Hullabaloo

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:18:45 PM

Allô!

Let's recap & don't hate hastily:
1) The first thing dev did was asks for bitcoins so he can "spend summer working on this coin" - powered by wine coolers?  Summer comes and he's dissapeared. Can I say I told you so?  This coin had the stink of scam from the start.
2) The coin was purposely designed to avoid any community interest at all - no political affiliations, no real social goals, no ties to the social and financial fabric of Québec at all. There was no way this coin could be "sold" to the average Québecois because it had no point from the start, except the name. Smells like that "Petit Québec" cheese - made in Ontario.
2) The airdrop is gone, I know this is to prevent op from dumping, but the airdrop was the only other reason why anyone would care for this coin.

I'm not here to troll, my point isn't just that you wasted a good name on what was a fairly predictable train wreck.  What I'm trying to say is you guys should quit while you still have the time, money and health to work on something else. Québecoin stinks, and no amount of effort will remove that smell completely.  You know how day traders say "Don't catch a falling knife?", same thing.  There was a lot of work put into this, but sometimes it's better to quit while you're still afloat. (Getting the IPO money back though - still a good idea Smiley )

If you're not too discouraged or angry at me for saying that stuff, there's a good side to this.  I think the people left are good people, smart & competent, and you can make a coin succeed. If it has all the right hooks and none of the drag of this coin. Hey I would even help!  Let's start with a name... How about... "Québécu"?   ahah ok just kidding. Smiley

Anyways.  In either case I've done an coinj and android wallet adaptation before & Bruno knows me a little, if you need help getting it done for this coin or another I would definitely not charge that much for it (I wish I could do it for peanuts, but I have no stake in this coin...).  Be aware though that since this isn't a scrypt or sha coin, it does take a lot more work than the usual.

Tips? BTC: 1PuPCtUt3pmMjbiLTgTKD6G9AkQS3FBUtD            WDC: WPmzeDfXjgoTEztP1rGCe1ZcBLLMJq7yvL
                                                        Time is Bitcoin!
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:02:25 PM

2) The airdrop is gone, I know this is to prevent op from dumping, but the airdrop was the only other reason why anyone would care for this coin.
Air drop isn’t “gone” just yet. The fork is available, but not in effect. There’s still a slight chance that JPGagon, or whoever he has become, would come back and accept to lock-down the pre-mine / multi-sig protect it. Not much chance I admit.
The 10 year Air-drop was a perfect idea to make QBC much more decentralized than PoW only. It fits PERFECTLY with our “technological handicap”, and the rate at which Quebecer will find out about crypto-currencies.

What I'm trying to say is you guys should quit while you still have the time, money and health to work on something else. Québecoin stinks, and no amount of effort will remove that smell completely.  You know how day traders say "Don't catch a falling knife?", same thing.
Some of the honest folks who took the time to mine a few Quebecoins, or maybe those who were crypto-virgin and learned about it through QBC – those are the one I care about. No matter what QBC is worth, no matter what the BTCTalk community thinks, those folks deserve that we keep on going.
Quitting sounds way to simple…

There was a lot of work put into this, but sometimes it's better to quit while you're still afloat.
Why not just try and recover slowly with baby steps? We’re still sailing through the crypto-storm as far as I know.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 02:38:34 AM

Air drop isn’t “gone” just yet. The fork is available, but not in effect. There’s still a slight chance that JPGagon, or whoever he has become, would come back and accept to lock-down the pre-mine / multi-sig protect it. Not much chance I admit. <<------ Shocked Shocked Shocked
The 10 year Air-drop was a perfect idea to make QBC much more decentralized than PoW only. It fits PERFECTLY with our “technological handicap”, and the rate at which Quebecer will find out about crypto-currencies.

What I'm trying to say is you guys should quit while you still have the time, money and health to work on something else. Québecoin stinks, and no amount of effort will remove that smell completely.  You know how day traders say "Don't catch a falling knife?", same thing.
Some of the honest folks who took the time to mine a few Quebecoins, or maybe those who were crypto-virgin and learned about it through QBC – those are the one I care about. No matter what QBC is worth, no matter what the BTCTalk community thinks, those folks deserve that we keep on going.
Quitting sounds way to simple…

There was a lot of work put into this, but sometimes it's better to quit while you're still afloat.
Why not just try and recover slowly with baby steps? We’re still sailing through the crypto-storm as far as I know.

TABERNAC ! If the dev's coins survive he/she will profit twice... side by each ! Tongue

If you aren't a sock, you're sure painting yourself up like one. Grin

Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 03:50:50 PM

Be aware though that since this isn't a scrypt or sha coin, it does take a lot more work than the usual.

The people who hate on Québecoin generally have zero stake in it, and sometimes a coin of their own which has 10X community size so it makes no sense to me why they keep coming back around. If 75% of BTCTalk in the next 3 months is people dancing on coin graves, this place will become even less interesting to read.

QBC being a X11 coin originally made it a rare weird beast. But development has advanced and there are more people who are keen on the technology today. Easy stuff is rarely worth doing!

Marie-Lynn
Circonference

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 04:13:39 PM

By the way, I've said this internally as well; If I manage to get the address list of the IPO investor from JP, I'll be shipping some maple syrup to those who were promised some. If my so is willing to cooperate, I might even be able to do this with style.

I look forward to that Smiley
endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:13:07 PM

Hi JP!

Any news, or do we have to wait a few more months?

Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: